Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Hey Faerie, just wanted to let you know that this Let's Play is great! I don't post here often, but I watch this from time to time and it's always interesting. Good job! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Update #2 is in the works as we speak! But while you wait for that, I have a story about my boring life. See, I have family visiting from Singapore so yesterday, we all went out for a fancy meal. At the end I looked at the dessert menu and what was on there but key lime pie! So I thought what the hell, it looks nice and the thread suggested that I give it a try. I'm glad I did, it was one of the most delicious things I've ever had in my entire life. So thanks thread, for encouraging me to eat pie!

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Key lime pie is a universal favorite in my family. My dad even managed to base a fairly decent cake recipe around the concept.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
A clean kitchen in a college dormitory? I call shenanigans.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Maybe it was the Brain Freeze? Instead of turning apples into a zombie it just made her clean the goddamn kitchen.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.
I'm surprised they eat so much quick meals. Whenever I play sims, they generally go "Well I COULD eat those perfectly good leftover waffles or some nice cereal, but I think I want to go for some fresh waffles" and then I end up with 5 different plates of food, which never get eaten. Or they put the waffles in the oven and then leave for work.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Faerie Fortune posted:

Update #2 is in the works as we speak! But while you wait for that, I have a story about my boring life. See, I have family visiting from Singapore so yesterday, we all went out for a fancy meal. At the end I looked at the dessert menu and what was on there but key lime pie! So I thought what the hell, it looks nice and the thread suggested that I give it a try. I'm glad I did, it was one of the most delicious things I've ever had in my entire life. So thanks thread, for encouraging me to eat pie!

Oh nice, You're from Singapore? I lived in Singapore with my uncle for a while. Loved the place. I have some cousins in Singapore as well. Nice climate, great people, amazing food in the hawker stalls.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.
Hey, FF, I was wondering, are you going to continue the lp after graduation or will you just show off the university?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Does graduating make your sims unemployable for a few years?

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 5, 2014

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Ravane posted:

Oh nice, You're from Singapore? I lived in Singapore with my uncle for a while. Loved the place. I have some cousins in Singapore as well. Nice climate, great people, amazing food in the hawker stalls.

I am not actually, my uncle lives over there for work (he was a lecturer of statistics at the university) and married a woman there a few years ago. I've never been myself but I would love to one day.

LifeofaGuardian posted:

Hey, FF, I was wondering, are you going to continue the lp after graduation or will you just show off the university?

I have plans, don't worry!

Pvt.Scott posted:

No but they tend to be poor and come home from university with an inventory full of useless crap like old sketches, photos of friends you had for about five minutes, and hackey sacks kicky balls.

Also I do apologise once again for the lack of promised updates. My computer bluescreened while I was screenshotting the last update and I had to spend some time isolating the cause. The good news is that its not my hard drive! I think I isolated it now though to a faulty stick of RAM which means I can still make an update while I wait for the replacement parts to come in! So I will try to do that by the weekend, provided Guild Wars 2 can release me from its clutches for long enough to let me.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Faerie Fortune posted:

I am not actually, my uncle lives over there for work (he was a lecturer of statistics at the university) and married a woman there a few years ago. I've never been myself but I would love to one day.

I can completely attest to said fantastic food and climate (especially the food). It's very much worth the trip and I know a couple goons there if you were to go exploring.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Faerie Fortune posted:

Also I do apologise once again for the lack of promised updates. My computer bluescreened while I was screenshotting the last update and I had to spend some time isolating the cause. The good news is that its not my hard drive! I think I isolated it now though to a faulty stick of RAM which means I can still make an update while I wait for the replacement parts to come in! So I will try to do that by the weekend, provided Guild Wars 2 can release me from its clutches for long enough to let me.

This Sims LP curse really is serious business it seems...

narcotica
Oct 19, 2011

Thesaya posted:

Yes, it seems. I just imagine a future where everyone doing a Sims LP is gonna draw a circle of salt around their computer first...

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Thesaya posted:

I totally escaped it, not one incidence of computer troubles in the whole eighteen months :smugbert:

Guess the curse manifested in my brain instead...

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

To be fair, my computer only broke because I tried to upgrade it!

...and computer troubles weren't the only thing keeping me from the Sims. In the months since I've started this thread I've also had the flu from hell, my grandmother was taken to hospital and moved into a care home, my uncle died and THEN my computer broke.

The Sims LP curse seems to have it in for me in particular.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Maybe the only way to break the sims curse is a secret ritual buried deep in the supernatural expansion and, if you can find it and get a magical sim to cast it, the sim curse is lifted.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Thesaya posted:

Hell, I LPed a Sims spinoff game and my hard drive promptly farted and died twelve episodes in. HOW DID IT KNOW :tinfoil:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Faerie Fortune posted:

To be fair, my computer only broke because I tried to upgrade it!

Raise your handiness skill, you scrub.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Someone needs to make a mod where you can make your sim go to the computer and Make a Sims LP. Every time you do it you raise your chances of breaking the computer by 5%.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

curiousTerminal posted:

Someone needs to make a mod where you can make your sim go to the computer and Make a Sims LP. Every time you do it you raise your chances of breaking the computer by 5%.

What do you get if you succeed?

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

What do you get if you succeed?
A huge gain with the Nerd clique.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Pvt.Scott posted:

Getting a Fine Arts degree gives you a boost in the Culinary career.
So basically, Fine Arts students are good at working in Sims Donalds :downs:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Okay, update has been screenshotted but I want to ask you guys something first before I post it!

See, this update is really really boring. Nothing really happened. apples ate some more brains, Dachshunds got squished by a fold out bed, but survived, Muscle Wizard got yelled at and Eevee and Jimmy spent most of their time playing videogames. There is literally nothing I can add to that because all in all it was quite normal! I can still post it if you guys want but I want updates to be actually interesting. I can post a few highlights like the adorable picture I took of Dachshunds playing in a leaf pile so you won't be left with nothing but its up to you guys! I'm heading ingame to play through the next day as we speak which should be more interesting due to being a new term and classes happening.

So, do you want a full, but boring update or the highlight reel?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I'm okay with the highlight reel.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Definitely avoid boring yourself! Highlights is fine.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Thirding the highlight reel.

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011
Yeah, we want you to have fun, and honestly, I tend to skip a lot of the fluff in previous days anyway, since I've seen all the funny faces they can make. Just show us the highlights~ It'll be fun, I think~

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Update 11.5 - Highlight Reel

So Sunday afternoon was ridiculously boring, so this update is a simple highlight reel of what happened.

For only the second time in the LP, we saw Muscle Wizard practising his magic. Sparkly!

:buddy:VIDEO GAEMS:buddy:

Dachshunds let out her inner child and played in the leaves that she and Eevee had piled up outside. Aww :3:

Snuggles took a break from brooding to be sociable with Roar and join him in playing video games!

It was also a full moon, meaning that I couldn't let anyone outside for even a second, lest they get bitten by zombies. Its okay though because the zombie attack action that causes them to bite you? Yeah, you can cancel it in the queue. Making it utterly worthless and annoying as hell. I normally disable zombies for this exact reason.

Finally, Roar practices his magic alone in his room! He takes it quite seriously.

Not pictured: Eevee made two plates of hot dogs because ???, Dachshunds reached level 4 in her Painting skill, apples cleared away all the piled up leaves in the garden, Jimmy read last terms textbook for a few hours which contributed absolutely nothing to anything except maybe for giving him something to do and Asala got her athletics skill to 1 from her frisbee with apples, then promptly went to bed at 6pm so there were no funny werewolf antics.

I guess actually cleaning the dining room wore these guys out. Hopefully tomorrow will be more entertaining!

narcotica
Oct 19, 2011
Since you mention it: One of my Sims is a vampire and just got bitten by a zombie. Being a vampire, the zombie attack probably doesn't do much to her....or does it? :zombie:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

LifeofaGuardian posted:

Getting a Fine Arts degree gives you a boost in the Culinary career.
So basically, Fine Arts students are good at working in Sims Donalds :downs:

That seems fairly accurate from my experience as a Fine Arts major.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I love how you can just cancel out of a zombie attack. "Crap, I don't have time to spare for being bitten by zombies. Maybe tomorrow, guys." I guess it's because it's counted as a social interaction?

The politest zombies in any medium.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Faerie Fortune posted:

Not pictured: Eevee made two plates of hot dogs because ???

Do you really need a reason? :munch:

Muscle Wizard's magic reminds me of one of the fairy effects from the La Mulana thread.

Roar's... I think he may be focusing a bit too hard.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Faerie Fortune posted:

It was also a full moon, meaning that I couldn't let anyone outside for even a second, lest they get bitten by zombies. Its okay though because the zombie attack action that causes them to bite you? Yeah, you can cancel it in the queue. Making it utterly worthless and annoying as hell. I normally disable zombies for this exact reason.

I generally disable them for this reason as well, on top of the whole "eating and destroying your plants that you can't do anything about except box the plants in and lock the gate to them for everyone but your own sims which costs money and if zombies spawn inside the box with your garden you are in trouble"-thing.
I tend to have huge gardens, so just seeing my most expensive plants getting destroyed without being able to do anything about it is extremely annoying.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

LifeofaGuardian posted:

I generally disable them for this reason as well, on top of the whole "eating and destroying your plants that you can't do anything about except box the plants in and lock the gate to them for everyone but your own sims which costs money and if zombies spawn inside the box with your garden you are in trouble"-thing.
I tend to have huge gardens, so just seeing my most expensive plants getting destroyed without being able to do anything about it is extremely annoying.

Once I got my wizard to a high enough level I thought I could use my awesome magic powers to stop them. But because of the stupid action queue thing, they ate my precious plants before I could cast the sunlight charm on them. :negative:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Update 12 - Not Again..

Its half past midnight on the first day of term 2 and Dachshunds is the only goon awake, so has decided that now is a perfect time to make waffles in the dorm's gross as hell oven.

Unfortunately she sucks. So after abandoning her gross waffles, she grabs some of Eevee's left over hot dogs, chows down in the kitchen and heads to bed at roughly 3:30am.

Half an hour later, Snuggles gets up and engages in his morning routine of staring out of the window for an hour while trying to look pensive.

5am and Jimmy awakens, with a hunger in his belly that can only be satisfied by Dachshunds and her reject waffles which he happily eats! Slob sims don't care if food is spoiled, rotten, horrible quality, or burnt! As long as its still vaguely food-shaped, they'll gladly eat it with no ill effects!

Roar is also awake, and enjoys some quiet time with a book!

apples is also awake and participating in the other morning ritual in ths goonhouse - yelling at Muscle Wizard for absolutely no reason. Not pictured: Eevee and Dachshunds attempting to get into the room to do the same thing, but being blocked by Jimmy and Snuggles. Everyone but Roar decided that 6:30am was a perfect time to harass this poor man.

Luckily, Muscle Wizard is saved by class time! Its almost everyone's first class of the day at 8am so an hour before it we get a reminder to have them ready! Since its a new term and all, schedules and class names have changed a bit too, and this time every single goon as a different schedule, with most being at the same time but with different class names in different locations. The class names are always pretty silly so let's take a look!

Dachshunds - Fine Art

Roar - Fine Arts

Jimmy - Fine Arts

eating only apples - Science and Medicine

Eevee - Communications

Snuggles - Communications

Roar is the first to head out (I'd be making that face if I had to go to class at 7am in the rain too, buddy) while everyone else tries to navigate the mess of pathfinding that is now Muscle Wizard's room.

With everyone gone, Jimmy remains to lounge around in his underwear for a bit. But he has a job to do today!

At the administration center you can do this! Every 24 hours your sim can apply for extra funds. The amount you get depends on your grades but even if you suck at school you can still generally get enough to at least cover your tuition for the term!

Jimmy gets a pretty nice grant, leaving the house in a rather comfortable situation financially. Its at this point that I realise that Jimmy hasn't gotten a present from the Great Overseer yet, and after bringing in some cash, I think he deserves a treat!

He made a beeline to it as soon as I put it down :3: you're welcome, Jimmy!

While he's at class, Snuggles gets this opportunity! Simply performing the action of doing a presentation will help his grade as a Communications major, and we get an extra boost out of doing it so why not? Jimmy also gets to level 3 in guitar! :toot:

I spotted this guy leaving class with Eevee and it occurred to me that we've seen almost every one of the supernatural types that you can set at creation (Asala is a werewolf, Mindfang is a vampire, Muscle Wizard and Roar are wizards and there was that weird zombie guy in the highlight reel) except for fairies. And also genies but we'll get to that! So here's this fairy dude for you! Fairies are adorable sims that can hover around instead of walking, talk to plants, and even make themselves tiny to fly around their friends and play pranks on them. Aww.

I set Snuggles off on his little task between classes and Jimmy heads off to his first class of the term too!

apples is now the only sim left at home and since its nearing lunchtime, she decides to rustle up some mac and cheese!

:science:

...again!?

Thanks, game, but we kind of have other things to worry about!

Sadly no heroics from Elemental Goddess Dachshunds today but holy poo poo this fire took ages to put out. It was raging for at least an hour and spread pretty quickly from the oven to the counter to the left, and the coffee machine. The insurance money will just barely cover the cost of replacing the oven, the money for the new coffee machine and counter will have to come out of Jimmy's hard earned financial aid.

Its half past noon on the first day of term, and I will let this update end with a shot of apples gazing aimlessly with a fireman in the goonkitchen, which is steadily getting grosser by the day.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Also I'm updating the OP and the goon profiles a little bit so don't worry if there are missing things for a bit!

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Huh, looks like fairy sims have pretty nifty wings. The University is practically a haven for the supernatural by this point.

"Earning Trust by Rambling". Man, my Sim had better ace that class.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Do all fairies have an inexplicable attraction to football, or is it just that one dude?

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Yapping Eevee posted:

"Earning Trust by Rambling". Man, my Sim had better ace that class.

In your case, wouldn't it be more like "Earning Trust by Yapping"? :mmmhmm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Yapping Eevee posted:

Huh, looks like fairy sims have pretty nifty wings. The University is practically a haven for the supernatural by this point.

I think its because its a lot of sims in a few confined areas (that is, dorms/frats/etc) instead of a lot of sims in a lot of smaller houses, so sims become friends more often and more quickly, and in the Sims, a friendly supernatural sim is a danger to society as they will turn everyone they know.

• Locked thread