Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I loved that episode because it left us in suspense that would things go back to normal? Like this wouldn't be continuity but it ends up being one after all. Though a little sad that Jerry/Beth are much more happy without Rick and Morty around. At least in the orginal timeline Jerry ends up being a badass.

Better than his other alternate time line of being an actor. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Cross-posting from the Danny DeVito thread in GBS:

:swoon:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Jagchosis posted:

I'm tired of the stupid baby avatar, and I love this show. Can one of you people that understand GIFs please make me an animated Ants-in-my-Eyes Johnson avatar? I promise to buy it please and thank you.

Do either of these work?

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Canned Panda posted:

Do either of these work?

It looks like he's saying "poo" over and over again!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Holy poo poo that is perfect. They even have the same speech patterns (kind of)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That was my thinking :D

Glad ya dig it.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Canned Panda posted:

Do either of these work?

Yes, perfect. Thanks!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

...of SCIENCE! posted:

"20 percent right as usual, CHARLIE."

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Just realized the thread title says "rigamarole" instead of "rickamarole" like it should

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pakled posted:

Rick Potion #9, after Jerry saves Beth from the Mantises.

The weird part is that Jerry's not using the shotgun at that point -- Beth is.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

prefect posted:

The weird part is that Jerry's not using the shotgun at that point -- Beth is.

He wishes she had his penis in her hands. What's so weird?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Yeah, Jerry first compared the shotgun to his penis because of the way Beth was using it.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
You wanna notice something about the end of that episode, notice how they were slaughtering Cronenbergs, but the Cronenbergs weren't actually trying to hurt them, they were just sorta standing around.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Fateo McMurray posted:

Just realized the thread title says "rigamarole" instead of "rickamarole" like it should

That was pointed out pages ago.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Len posted:

That was pointed out pages ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIBw10VUcNQ

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

VideoTapir posted:

You wanna notice something about the end of that episode, notice how they were slaughtering Cronenbergs, but the Cronenbergs weren't actually trying to hurt them, they were just sorta standing around.

Rick had completely cured them of the "mate with then eat Morty" urges. They were ugly as hell, but they were all 'normal' people on the inside.

By the end of the episode, Beth, Jerry and Summer were pretty much a family of travelling serial killer cannibals.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

VideoTapir posted:

Most of them are walking across the street or taking out the trash. Jerry has to swerve to hit several. Glad someone else noticed this!

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

They Are Legend

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Maybe Cronenberg Rick and Morty will try to Cronenberg them and end up unCronenberging everyone.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

johntfs posted:

Maybe Cronenberg Rick and Morty will try to Cronenberg them and end up unCronenberging everyone.

Maybe that's how they ended up in the world Rick Cronenberged?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LONvV3sVEpw

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

MariusLecter posted:

Maybe that's how they ended up in the world Rick Cronenberged?

As I recall it, Cr-R&M (Cronenberg Rick and Morty) came from a dimension/world where everyone was naturally Crononberged. Cr-Rick made some mistake that turned everyone except him and Cr-Morty into normal humans. So, Cr-R&M left there and came to the new reality where original R&M had turned almost everyone into Cronenbergs.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

johntfs posted:

As I recall it, Cr-R&M (Cronenberg Rick and Morty) came from a dimension/world where everyone was naturally Crononberged. Cr-Rick made some mistake that turned everyone except him and Cr-Morty into normal humans. So, Cr-R&M left there and came to the new reality where original R&M had turned almost everyone into Cronenbergs.

Yeah, in Cronenberg-R&M's timeline/dimension, everybody was already cronenbergs, then Rick Potion #9 turned them into "regular normal humans." I suppose in a perfect world, they would have just switched places with story-R&M, but that is just another layer of the joke to me.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

I laughed harder at this than almost anything else in the series.

That and the comedy beat where the party pauses after that guy runs outside into the weird dimension and dies, and Rick starts playing Shake That rear end Bitch killed me.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Marketing New Brain posted:

That and the comedy beat where the party pauses after that guy runs outside into the weird dimension and dies, and Rick starts playing Shake That rear end Bitch killed me.

The guy that got swallowed by the giant testicle monster? He's still alive, he even enjoys getting swapped between monsters, unlike Abradolf Lincler. Now, he did get left in that deminsion to that fate. Forever. ...You know what, I'm just gonna hope he never shows up again, because that's the makings of a super villain.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

ZorajitZorajit posted:

The guy that got swallowed by the giant testicle monster? He's still alive, he even enjoys getting swapped between monsters, unlike Abradolf Lincler. Now, he did get left in that deminsion to that fate. Forever. ...You know what, I'm just gonna hope he never shows up again, because that's the makings of a super villain.

You know it, dawg!

They both got left behind, along with that bit of the neighbor's house. Hope they didn't have their bed against the external wall...

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

You know it, dawg!

This was one of my favorite parts of the entire season, he's just so excited about being rammed into the testicle monsters'... genitals?

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Yarbald posted:

This was one of my favorite parts of the entire season, he's just so excited about being rammed into the testicle monsters'... genitals?

Probably, but don't think about it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Oh God but what about when the drugs wear off :cry:

don't think about it
don't think about it
don't think about it
don't think about it

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Yeah, in Cronenberg-R&M's timeline/dimension, everybody was already cronenbergs, then Rick Potion #9 turned them into "regular normal humans." I suppose in a perfect world, they would have just switched places with story-R&M, but that is just another layer of the joke to me.

If they had directly switched they'd have had to deal with a whole world that had infrastructure built around Cronenberg physiology and was adjusting on a massive scale. No thank you, let's just take over for the dead Rick who pulled a solution out of his un-Cronenberged rear end.

Edit: in all likelihood it was similarly apocalyptic there too, with the Cronenberg Smiths being the brave survivors fighting off the terrifying normal humans.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN4cQZoWb-I

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Wow, I was impressed by the slightly better-than-usual commitment to the character voice and it led me a video of the guy recording. It's just some fan who dubs cartoons into Russian. It's pretty drat decent for an unofficial dub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAEZv6GLzh4

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
The problem with Russian dubs is that everyone *burp* is gonna sound like Rick :v:

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
Wow, that's impressive. I just wish they had English subs so I could follow along and maybe glean a little bit of Russian. :eng101:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Perfect, in that both pairs end up in worlds where everyone is traumatized by their physical transformations.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Watched most of the season and this is a great show, one of the best on Adult Swim. The only annoying thing that they should drop for season 2 is Rick burping all the time.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Blasphemy.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

null posted:

Watched most of the season and this is a great show, one of the best on Adult Swim. The only annoying thing that they should drop for season 2 is Rick burping all the time.

You are so wrong. I hope there's dialog with nothing but burping.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

null posted:

The only annoying thing that you should drop for season 2 is you breathing all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

null posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7UxQZoxFEg

• Locked thread