Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Is the mage epic worth doing these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Only for ornament (so yes)

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

It's a 20 min clicky that adds 1000 hp to your pet (the proc parts of the clicky either don't work on current content or produce negligible dps). If you can do it easily, then do it, but it's not critical at all.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Do the 1.0 so you can camp Quillmane.

I actually got her timer down during Fabled time, it's 66 seconds despite what that site everyone refers you to. Spawned 5 Quillmanes in about an hour, got and got one OG cloak instead of the fabled ones. Get a tracker, sit a bit south of Paw, kill everything you can at once, and start your phone's stopwatch.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

You can camp Quillmane without doing any of the 1.0, you just go do it. All of my chars have either the regular or fabled lev cloak because it's dirt simple.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
I have been using ISBoxer for a little while now but haven't gotten too far in the guts of it besides the EQ setup wizard. How in the world do you remove the 12 empty green squares that exist on the top level of all UI elements? I think they are for something to do with broadcasted hotbar keys, but I just want them gone.

catrkoraz
Sep 9, 2006

jetz0r posted:

But Qwest quit again, so I just win any of the druid or priest parses now. Get owned scrublords.

I know several Shamans who would like to compete in DPS parses but druids keep cock blocking us on DPS boosts. (Not you obviously)

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

catrkoraz posted:

I know several Shamans who would like to compete in DPS parses but druids keep cock blocking us on DPS boosts. (Not you obviously)

Even with ITC, shm would still have poo poo for dmg on raids. Twincast + Swift dots would be pretty good on group level stuff, though. I've already said I don't give a gently caress if shm get ITC. No one picks up shm for personal DPS, and my goals for druid things aren't at all related to competing in dps with other priests. Our normal division between melee and caster centric stuff is the only area I don't want to see get blurred.

I seriously doubt druids have any real pull in what SHM have been getting. If we did have any influence, we wouldn't have gotten garbage for spells and AAs for the last two years.

And as far as competing against any real DPS class, I'm lucky to hit 50% of the dps of any good class, in either burst or sustained. Exception being AE friendly fights where I get to cast a bunch of TC pbae nukes and hopefully not get splattered.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

DerekSmartymans posted:

I have been using ISBoxer for a little while now but haven't gotten too far in the guts of it besides the EQ setup wizard. How in the world do you remove the 12 empty green squares that exist on the top level of all UI elements? I think they are for something to do with broadcasted hotbar keys, but I just want them gone.
Got a screenshot? Never seen that.

Try perhaps going through the mapped hotkeys that came with ISBoxer by default and see if any of them toggle something that sounds like green squares overlay.

Xars
Jul 7, 2013

DerekSmartymans posted:

Hi,

Feel free to look through my ISBoxer guide here: http://eqforever.com/isboxer-guide-for-everquest-test-server/

I wrote this:

You are now at the “How would you like to control the game?” window. “MMO – Standard” should be auto-selected in the upper left. Keep that. The white area below that is tabbed with “Hotkeys”. I think that “Follow Me” and “Assist Me” have settings initially (I think I cleared mine), but mine are blank as I don’t use ISBoxer for this. In EQ, I created me own /target leader, /stand, /follow macro button. Most important, at the bottom, is the choice of “Broadcasting of 1 through =” and the top button is selected. I recommend you select the bottom button. The top button will put green boxes on your screen that you are supposed to move over your in-game bar of buttons, but I think that’s more complicated then just choosing the invisible option. If you get one last pop-up about “Use alternate Key Maps”, just stick with the highlighted first option and click “OK”. (I think you get this by choosing the invisible selection, but I’m not exactly sure.)

You can use the Wizard to make up a new team and reselect the correct option. Alternatively, you can edit your current config, but that requires dragging Key Maps into the right spot. Since you mentioned you're not an ISBoxer expert, I'd use the Wizard to make up a new team. That will only take you 2mins to fix and you won't have to worry about screwing something up.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Xars posted:

Hi,

Feel free to look through my ISBoxer guide here: http://eqforever.com/isboxer-guide-for-everquest-test-server/

I wrote this:
<snip good info>

This looks great! I will try it when I get home!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Qulas is streaming our raids tonight http://www.twitch.tv/qulas_dmize

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Did anybody here watch?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I watched for like 2minutes then we started raiding and beat WK1 for the first time :woop:

Very pleasurable weekend, and I participated in Burn Jita in EVE

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

darkhand posted:

I watched for like 2minutes then we started raiding and beat WK1 for the first time :woop:

Very pleasurable weekend, and I participated in Burn Jita in EVE

You missed the best run we ever had in Dead Hills 1. For the first time our guild master streamed, we were very proud. It was extremely professional. Right Illa? Quarken? Right?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

You missed the best run we ever had in Dead Hills 1. For the first time our guild master streamed, we were very proud. It was extremely professional. Right Illa? Quarken? Right?

It's awesome that we can circle jerk in this thread now.

I hope some of you guys got to see the complete gently caress up that we managed on DH1 tonight.

Plan was to full burn the boss. RL says move up. Someone else says wait, can't we move the casters up to here to get into position before parsers start the boss fight? Boss aggros as he's moving up to show the "safe" spot casters can go to. A tank picks up the boss and deflection tanks him for a bit while we get into positions and figure out wtf is going on. All that leads to decaying corpses and adds spawning all over, killing people, spawning more adds and leading to a wipe after the boss is dead.

So not only did we not get a good burn parse out of all that, but we added a good 15 minutes to our raid time for the night.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

15minutes? Fucks up take us 45minutes to recover mostly, we have been working on getting our downtime lessened though :(

That sounds pretty cool, I'll have to try to catch the stream at work or something if it's archived.

Kod please come back I have no one to talk poo poo about guild members with. We need to make a new channel, tank channel is filled with people I want to talk poo poo about

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

darkhand posted:

15minutes? Fucks up take us 45minutes to recover mostly, we have been working on getting our downtime lessened though :(

That sounds pretty cool, I'll have to try to catch the stream at work or something if it's archived.

That's how much time a wipe costs us. Raid would have been dead by 4:36. and into dh2 16 minutes sooner

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Would be hella nice to finish every raid for the week in an hour. Lucky to get an event done in 40minutes

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Node posted:

Did anybody here watch?

I watched DH2 and N4G1, then he left raid and slaughtered newbie alley in Everfrost to get things to hand to a goblin in PoK to get some ornamentations. There wasn't any sound and chat was covered up, so I lost interest and left.

qxx
Dec 2, 2005

Only the wrong survive.

Node posted:

EverQuest's advanced raid scripting generated A Rotting Corpse for every non-raid leader giving an order in Ventrilo. It was glorious.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

If any one is on test and wants their 2.0, I'm going to probably run coa this week. I've never boxed/solo it so it should be should funny to see me die to greys, or we might slaughter everything. Either way it should be fun, and I'll finish my berserker epic

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

darkhand posted:

Kod please come back I have no one to talk poo poo about guild members with. We need to make a new channel, tank channel is filled with people I want to talk poo poo about

I believe our record for all eight CotF raids is 2 hours 48 minutes. This includes getting alts in for alt loot, and Loot Nazi Sugar Tits aka Corlen and the other officers deciding on who gets what loot for whoever asked for it. We should submit speedruns to http://speeddemosarchive.com/ .

If one of the rare items drops it can add anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes of them discussing. When the first Stoneoak Tower Shield dropped I think Corlen said it took them 20+ minutes before they decided to award it to Denyu.

saintonan posted:

I watched DH2 and N4G1, then he left raid and slaughtered newbie alley in Everfrost to get things to hand to a goblin in PoK to get some ornamentations. There wasn't any sound and chat was covered up, so I lost interest and left.

Losing interest in Neriak 2 is not surprising. I didn't know he did some guide event thing though during raids. It's different from FDing in a corner at least.

Node fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 28, 2014

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Loot council sounds awful and amazing. On one hand it's probably pretty good when you have a low turn over, a big core. On the other hand you have the dumb poo poo fippy does.

Cleric won the evolving shoulders on our first wk1 kill :negative:

I'm pretty excited about the kill though because it's one of the first non trivial raids I've lead. I took the reigns, dropped the hammer on stupid poo poo, and it paid off. Pretty rewarding feeling, I just hope when can keep our "momentum"

darkhand fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 28, 2014

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

saintonan posted:

There wasn't any sound and chat was covered up, so I lost interest and left.

That is what makes me sad when trying to watch RoI streams, quit being jerks guys.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Poistiant posted:

That is what makes me sad when trying to watch RoI streams, quit being jerks guys.

Yeah, I tried telling Qulas that no text or vent audio makes the stream boring to watch.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

Yeah, I tried telling Qulas that no text or vent audio makes the stream boring to watch.

Text wouldn't really show much of anything, I'm not sure why that is blocked unless Qulas gets secret tells from developers that are constantly giving him secret information and loot. Vent audio would be interesting though, we could encourage Rafather to talk about... anything.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

Text wouldn't really show much of anything, I'm not sure why that is blocked unless Qulas gets secret tells from developers that are constantly giving him secret information and loot. Vent audio would be interesting though, we could encourage Rafather to talk about... anything.

If officer chat goes to the same window as /gu and /rs, then that would be bad to share.

Raf and mike would be the two worst offenders in streaming vent audio, for completely different reasons. Or Corlen randomly reading off people's real names during a stream would be annoying.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

If officer chat goes to the same window as /gu and /rs, then that would be bad to share.

Raf and mike would be the two worst offenders in streaming vent audio, for completely different reasons. Or Corlen randomly reading off people's real names during a stream would be annoying.

Well, Corlen would know vent audio is on and wouldn't do that. Unless he was drinking. Which has been known to happen.

And your comment about Raf and Mike being really unsuitable for vent for completely different reasons is spot on. Quarken needs to get his mic working again, I miss your east coast (?) accent.

I guess this is why we can't have nice things.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

EQ moving into the new millennium with today's patch!

quote:

*** Tradeskills ***

- A Make All toggle has been added to the tradeskill window. When toggled, clicking Combine will craft the current recipe until components or inventory space runs out.
I'll see to updating Zliz UI soon.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
This is great because I spent about an hour running a fishing macro before noticing that fish in the Abysmal Sea get bigger with more fishing skill.

I thought this was kind of neat because those crabs and tunas can carry cooking pretty high but then I also noticed those recipes are subcombine hell so I'm still sitting on hundreds of pounds of uncooked seafood.

Now I can just go "Make 400 jugs of barbecue sauce" and go do something else? Awesome.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 29, 2014

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Psykmoe posted:

This is great because I spent about an hour running a fishing macro before noticing that fish in the Abysmal Sea get bigger with more fishing skill.

I thought this was kind of neat because those crabs and tunas can carry cooking pretty high but then I also noticed those recipes are subcombine hell so I'm still sitting on hundreds of pounds of uncooked seafood.

Now I can just go "Make 400 jugs of barbecue sauce" and go do something else? Awesome.

The fish size you get is pretty random, there's a bunch of sizes for each of crabs and tuna, like 10-12 each. And they're only really good for mid-range skill-ups. To around 230ish afaik. Past that requires too many sub combines or rare ingredients. One of the EQT guides lists recipes that use coarse salt as a skill up path. One salt took me about 90 minutes to get, it would be a loving stupid skill-up path.

Timeless hunter's sausage and BBQ'd sausage is the best way to level baking to 300, you get two combines per a chronal dust, at fewer total combines than using one of the 300+ meats. Dream Meat, Al-metes, and planar goo are the next best options.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

The fastest thing for me was fishing in Argath. The raxil fish things are very common, and the rest of the baking combine is all vendor stuff. Will easily take you to 300.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Holy fuuuuuuuuck things you wished were transparent in EQ since it was nineteen ninety nine :psyduck:
code:
[Tue Apr 29 21:44:01 2014] Your faction standing with Overlord Mata Muram has been adjusted by -1.
[Tue Apr 29 21:44:01 2014] Your faction standing with Riftseekers could not possibly get any better.
[Tue Apr 29 21:44:01 2014] Your faction standing with Children of Dranik could not possibly get any better.
[Tue Apr 29 21:44:01 2014] Your faction standing with Dranik Loyalists has been adjusted by 1.
Since today's patch.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Pilsner posted:

Holy fuuuuuuuuck things you wished were transparent in EQ since it was nineteen ninety nine :psyduck:
code:
[Tue Apr 29 21:44:01 2014] Your faction standing with Overlord Mata Muram has been adjusted by -1.
[Tue Apr 29 21:44:01 2014] Your faction standing with Riftseekers could not possibly get any better.
[Tue Apr 29 21:44:01 2014] Your faction standing with Children of Dranik could not possibly get any better.
[Tue Apr 29 21:44:01 2014] Your faction standing with Dranik Loyalists has been adjusted by 1.
Since today's patch.

:fap::fap:

saintonan posted:

The fastest thing for me was fishing in Argath. The raxil fish things are very common, and the rest of the baking combine is all vendor stuff. Will easily take you to 300.

gently caress fishing.

qxx
Dec 2, 2005

Only the wrong survive.

Pilsner posted:

code:
Your faction standing with Dranik Loyalists has been adjusted by 1.

You became happier by one step. For your reference, today you will have Good Luck.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

darkhand posted:

DAMMIT not my precious tank channel :emo: I made that so long ago just so we could talk poo poo. gently caress the scrub tanks :mad:

I did manage to successfully escape the destruction of Chile via hitchhiking across half the country and stumbling onto a plane, but I'm still bouncing around the US hanging out with some friends and playing Dark Souls 2. I'll come bitch with you soon though :v:

@RoI Streaming: Nobody's ever gonna watch that poo poo if you don't have vent/guild chat going. I have no idea what people are even supposed to watch other than lovely particle effects and uglyass models running around

catrkoraz
Sep 9, 2006

Node posted:

Well, Corlen would know vent audio is on and wouldn't do that. Unless he was drinking. Which has been known to happen.

And your comment about Raf and Mike being really unsuitable for vent for completely different reasons is spot on. Quarken needs to get his mic working again, I miss your east coast (?) accent.

I guess this is why we can't have nice things.

I say stupid poo poo all the time, so that obviously wouldn't help. A stream with ventrilo would be neat to share though. Including chat would be a bad idea, not only would there be officer chat, but all the tells he gets from members and random people which are generally intended to be private. Guild chat in raids isn't too interesting although it can generally compliment whats being talked about in vent.

Loot calls on special items are pretty much the worst. There are so many deserving people but only one gets it, so there's always someone butthurt after the call.

I also have the better east coast accent since I recognize the letter R as part of the alphabet.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

catrkoraz posted:

I say stupid poo poo all the time, so that obviously wouldn't help. A stream with ventrilo would be neat to share though. Including chat would be a bad idea, not only would there be officer chat, but all the tells he gets from members and random people which are generally intended to be private. Guild chat in raids isn't too interesting although it can generally compliment whats being talked about in vent.

Oh yeah, streaming Qulas's vent would also stream the officer chat loot calls. He COULD turn off that audio feed during loot calls, but I'm sure that would be forgotten after the first raid.

99% of what's said in vent is the same poo poo that goes on in every guild's voice chat. Our random chatter or Bloody's raid instructions aren't really anything special. Hell, most of the raid instructions are pretty loving sparse at this point, "Run up our spot, burn", "Try not to gently caress this up again, guys", "gently caress your rogue pets". If people know it's being streamed and you tell Mike that a GM is listening and it would fine.

Edit: It would be pretty hilarious for someone from another guild to get heat cause they were chatting with qulas on stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

We killed findle, guys :woop:. Minotaur promptly shredded us though. Our dps on brownie was so awful, like 200k total, it makes no sense.

Probably just gonna go balance route. Our melee have a hard time burning findle, I think we will melee burn mino then get back on findle/executioners when burns come down.