Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

pik_d posted:

They have Chelsea, Crystal Palace, and Newcastle. If you weren't a Newcastle fan I'd assume you were forgetting them, so which was it?

I'm not counting Newcastle because lol at that being anything other than a win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
I met a genius on the train
today
about 6 years old,
he sat beside me
and as the train
ran down along the coast
we came to the ocean
and then he looked at me
and said,
it's not pretty.

it was the first time I'd
realized
that.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Jose posted:

I'm not counting Newcastle because lol at that being anything other than a win

Unless Chelsea and City poo poo the bed and hand it to Pool on a silver platter I would be worried about that game the most. I think they would literally have a nervous breakdown from the pressure and be at risk for setting an OG record.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I suppose that even if we don't win the league, we'll have a repeat of the away game at St James's Park on the last day of the season. Which should be fun. 6-0, even Borini scored.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gorn Myson posted:

I suppose that even if we don't win the league, we'll have a repeat of the away game at St James's Park on the last day of the season. Which should be fun. 6-0, even Borini scored.

I was there, and the 3-0 to Sunderland too. Was far better watching my team concede 6 goals in person

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

pik_d posted:

They have Chelsea, Crystal Palace, and Newcastle. If you weren't a Newcastle fan I'd assume you were forgetting them, so which was it?

I think the joke is that the Newcastle match will not actually be a "match".

edit; oh didn't see we'd gone on to another page

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I think the joke is that the Newcastle match will not actually be a "match".

Yeah thanks I've been informed of this already

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Gorn Myson posted:

Borini loves scoring against Newcastle

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Smeef posted:

Have Liverpool posters realized they haven't won the league yet?

What do you think?

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Palace are safe now though, I think they'll ease off however marginally

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

The Telegraph says Moyes will be sacked tomorrow with Giggs and Butt taking over.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Nicky Butt? Jesus christ

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Is Nicky a coach at the club or something?

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like
:love:moray cup:love:
:love:sheep:love:

:love:haim:love:
They literally mean Sir Alex Ferguson's Butt

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I used to deliver Nicky Butt's newspaper. Glad to see him doing well for himself.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Nicky Butt? Jesus christ

He's their reserve coach and has a better trophy cabinet than most.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Total Meatlove posted:

He's now the reserves coach? I thought he just coached the U-19s.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Total Meatlove posted:

Always remember Nicky Butt has more medals than Gerrard lol.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Total Meatlove posted:

You mean as a manager?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

euroboy posted:

The Telegraph says Moyes will be sacked tomorrow with Giggs and Butt taking over.
All the papers are running front page news that Moyes is gone tomorrow, they're all convinced. It's actually happening

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

He's also the crux of a spoken word riddle involving Beckham getting sent off Butt scoring the winning goal which is a good one for the pub.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Hoops posted:

You mean as a manager?

About as many as Moyes did, anyway.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Butt would do until the end of the season, there is nothing to fight for and who knows he may be fairly handy

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

Moyes isn't underperforming though, he's performing exactly, almost to the number, how he performed at Everton. He's the same manager. Why was he picked for the United job when he never won a single trophy with Everton and his highest finish was 4th, once? United got exactly the manager they signed. WHY was he picked in the first place is the question, everything that has followed his appointment is no surprise at all, based on a decade's worth of proof.

I think you're being a little obtuse. On paper Man u team was better than Everton. Van Persie was coming off a great season. plus £50m in transfers. All things being equal, there's no reason to think Moyes couldn't grow into the role. The irony is that the manager who could do this was Martinez

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
according to that class of '92 doc butt was a full on nutter so he's liable to start butting people and will probably be able to impose himself more than moyes

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Bet Giggs gives himself a new contract.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Would be funny if they went for Martinez tbh

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Giggs is the Van Wilder of Man-U.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

lol. Wouldn't surprise me if noone at the club has told the poor fucker anything.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

I dont think theres anything ill enjoy more than seeing ryan giggs fail, wouldnt be surprised if the egotistical prick has been undermining moyes all along in order to get the job

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

TelekineticBear! posted:

I dont think theres anything ill enjoy more than seeing ryan giggs fail, wouldnt be surprised if the egotistical prick has been undermining moyes all along in order to get the job

He definitely has lol

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

chuggo is BACK posted:

He definitely has lol

I wonder if Giggs will encourage all of his young players to get married early!!!

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes 8m

Moyes's pay-off will be 12 months money under terms of six year deal he signed last July - equates to around £4.5m

Well this is good :unsmith:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

serious gaylord posted:

Always remember Nicky Butt has more medals than Gerrard lol.

Remember Nicky Butt was the player of the 2002 World Cup

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PirateBob posted:

equates to around £4.5m

looks like Moyes was smarter than everyone

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Goodnight sweet prince, all you needed was time.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Not sure how United will cope in the transfer market this summer without those ipads and copies of football manager.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I think Moyes just needed a bit more...Fergie time.

Lot 49 posted:

Not sure how United will cope in the transfer market this summer without those ipads and copies of football manager.
It's alright, they have Taff.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

I cant wait for Giggs to make himself player-manager and captain and play 90 minutes of every game while he furiously wanks over another family member who reads out all the seasons hes played to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

I think Moyes just needed a bit more...Fergie time.

It's alright, they have Taff.

So the club's marketing head will melt down and resign and we find out some private benefactor has been holding the club aloft with massive donations out-of-pocket?

• Locked thread