Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Why were they booing him? Arsenal were winning.

:allears:

Came on as a substitute in the first half for Nasri, was played at left midfield instead of his natural right back, was coming off a decent injury spell, played poorly, and was substituted right at the end of the match. He went through some poor stretches where he looked really bad and I think this was right in the middle of one of those, but I don't think he deserved all the vitriol or blame he got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

RVProfootballer posted:

Came on as a substitute in the first half for Nasri, was played at left midfield instead of his natural right back, was coming off a decent injury spell, played poorly, and was substituted right at the end of the match. He went through some poor stretches where he looked really bad and I think this was right in the middle of one of those, but I don't think he deserved all the vitriol or blame he got.

isnt that the match he tackled Ade and immediately passed to the opposition, causing him to nearly have a breakdown on pitch?

Can't do much but haul him off at that point, cant afford a player being that bad.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Wow, never mind. Got some speedy posters today.

Does Steed Malbranque count as a cult hero? Solid journeyman performer, third-highest scorer for Fulham during the Premiership era, most manly name ever, yet he rarely gets talked about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XyptYniRDg

CaptainRightful fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 21, 2014

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

CaptainRightful posted:

I believe that was the match where he was subbed off after coming on as a sub.

Subbed off with an entire minute to go when they were 1-0 up against Wigan.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rcXdZpdJ6I

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spangly A posted:

isnt that the match he tackled Ade and immediately passed to the opposition, causing him to nearly have a breakdown on pitch?

Can't do much but haul him off at that point, cant afford a player being that bad.

I can't find a video or gif, but it was Toure and yes. Also, can't disagree with taking him off then, but overall in his time at Arsenal he wasn't that bad, at least not to deserve the constant treatment he got from the fans.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

A reminder that he was actually sent to prison for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXEg2Zum_AU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Big dion doing what we all wanted to do to robbie savage during a heated brum derby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN8qr114UNk

I remember him "scoring" an obscene goal against liverpool in a carling cup quarter final as well, it was this ludicrous deflection, his original shot was going well wide, it was about 10 years ago now.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Big dion doing what we all wanted to do to robbie savage during a heated brum derby

I remember him "scoring" an obscene goal against liverpool in a carling cup quarter final as well, it was this ludicrous deflection, his original shot was going well wide, it was about 10 years ago now.

Dublin has never said exactly what Savage shouted at him, he's only indicated it was 'the worst kind of language'.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
This:

is Ian Baird. Captained us to an FA cup semi in 87, and a play-off final the same year.

Bairdy posted:

I wasn’t the best player in the world, but always gave 100 per cent

He wasn't, but he definitely did. He scored 30 odd goals in his time at Leeds (80 odd games), but that's an irrelevance and I shouldn't have mentioned it. He was aggressive, worked his bollocks off for every minute of every game, and was, like all Leeds players (and fans!), handsome:

we offloaded him to Boro eventually, because Wilko signed Lee Chapman, who was lazy, but knew where the goal was. Baird can be proud of his time at leeds, nobody since has worked as hard as him for this club, and watching him run round like a madman kicking people for 90 minutes every week was the highlight of the 80s for me. Well, that and Culture Club, but you know, lol.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Djalminha was the inspiration behind Ronaldinho's flamboyant playstyle. Djalminha has been oft quoted as saying football was a "gladiatorial," event and that he would rather entertain the crowd than do what was expected of him. He had moments of absolute brilliance, unpredictable excitement, and head in your hands "please just do the simple poo poo,"-edness. He was very good in Brazil and moved to Deportivo La Coruna when they were decent and helped them win stuff between '99 and '02. Then he fell out with his manager, because of his give no fucks attitude. Amazing to watch from a neutral perspective, but utterly frustrating if you supported one of the clubs he played for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2nmLGrVdX8

He still plays futsal sometimes and does poo poo like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EPMc49K308

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Kevin Davies is, to people outside of Bolton, the definition of a journeyman "big lad" target man. He signed for us after being released by Southampton in 2003, and his arrival coincided with Bolton's best run of form in modern times, under "Big" Sam Allardyce. He didn't have pace, or technique, or fancy footwork, or... Well, what he did have was a desire to get his head to the ball and run his heart out for 90 minutes a week, every week. Hell, at one point he even got capped for England! He was loved by the Bolton fans, and though he was let go last season when it became clear he just didn't have the legs any more, he's still doing a job for Preston North End at the moment.

Also, never forget (3:32)...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoMFNzO1ADg

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

ForeverBWFC posted:

Kevin Davies is, to people outside of Bolton, the definition of a journeyman "big lad" target man. He signed for us after being released by Southampton in 2003, and his arrival coincided with Bolton's best run of form in modern times, under "Big" Sam Allardyce. He didn't have pace, or technique, or fancy footwork, or... Well, what he did have was a desire to get his head to the ball and run his heart out for 90 minutes a week, every week. Hell, at one point he even got capped for England! He was loved by the Bolton fans, and though he was let go last season when it became clear he just didn't have the legs any more, he's still doing a job for Preston North End at the moment.

Also, never forget (3:32)...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoMFNzO1ADg

Allardyce turned him into a target man, he was more of a pacy winger/striker at Blackburn/Southampton. Amazing that he could reinvent his game so successfully.

Djimi Traoré

Traoré often gets ridiculed as the worst player ever to win the Champions League but I think that came mostly about due to his hilariously bad own goal in an FA Cup tie against Burnley (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyT445MueNc). While embarrassing it did bring about one of my favourite chants; 'don't blame it on Biscan, don't blame it on Hamann, don't blame it on Riise, blame it on Traore...he just can't, he just can't, he just can't control his feet...'

Djimi wasn't a world beater but he was far better than given credit for and played a huge part in us getting to Istanbul.

Here is a Djimi feel good moment from the MLS :unsmith:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObZVcMYxWXQ

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

John Jensen played 132 games for Arsenal and is most famous for only scoring one goal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5WQ8phrh7A
It was a nice goal to be fair, but Arsenal still lost.

Jensen was capped 69 times for Denmark and only scored 4 goals, but one of them was this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpncYhTQcb0&t=156s
The man who "couldn't hit a barn door" according to commentators won his nation their greatest footballing achievement in a competition they didn't even qualify for.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Savage even holds his nose in a feminine way.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

dkj posted:

Savage even holds his nose in a feminine way.

To be fair he didn't go down in a heap like most would.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

stickyfngrdboy posted:

This:

is Ian Baird. Captained us to an FA cup semi in 87, and a play-off final the same year.

played for Argyle during our 95/96 promotion season, one of about 20 signings by Warnock in his first 6 months. He was loving poo poo, but nobody complained because so were all our other potential partners for Adrian Littlejohn (lol) and at least Baird worked hard and elbowed the right people.

off to bed now but i'm definitely going to post tomorrow about the man who kept him out of the Wembley lineup, Mickey Evans, who went on to be the least Irish Irish international in a world where Andy Townsend is a real thing that exists

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Darren "Big Dave" Moore.

He played for us between 2001 and 2006. He was an absolute monster of a centre-half, the very definition of a brick poo poo-house. He didn't score very many goals for us mainly because him making a run into the box was like a semi-detached 3 bedroom house making a run into the box. But on occasions he did score a few goals for us, Six (6) to be exact in 104 games. One of these goals was the one that set us on the way to our very first Premier League promotion in 2002:

He has his teeth hosed up at the front and he used to get quite emotional when things went wrong or when things went well even. But we haven't had that same presence at the back since he left and we could really use somebody like him today. He's currently a youth coach at the club and if he brings through slabs of muscle like him to play at the back in the future then i'll be quite happy.

There are other cult heroes like Lee Hughes, Richard Sneekes and Bob Taylor who I used to watch when I was younger but Big Dave was always my favorite.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Wouldn't say he's much of a hero

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Babby Thatcher posted:

the least Irish Irish international in a world where Andy Townsend is a real thing that exists
That's not how you spell Tony Cascarino.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Ewar Woowar posted:

Wouldn't say he's much of a hero

Well no, causing death by dangerous driving and then legging it wasn't very heroic but before that happened he was a bit of a cult hero and scored some good goals for us.

Coventry bought him off us for 5million and 1 pounds (escape clause) and we then bought him back for 2.5m the following season which was some good business apart from the fact that he didn't score much at Cov and didn't score much in his 2nd spell.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

RVProfootballer posted:

I kinda miss Eboue, although at the time I think he was more disappointing than endearing. He's the epitome of the wacky Arsenal player and I no longer have to worry about him loving up on the pitch, so I've grown fonder of him over time. Imagine the photos if he and Podolski had been on the team at the same time!

This was really sad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0Ntn6moW1s

I'm not an Arsenal fan but for me he's #1. I think because I didn't have to worry about his poor performances, I could take in all the wacky personality and character without his play weighing it down. He's hilarious on and off the pitch and he seemed like someone all his teammates love (I remember, in particular, a video from the Ivorian national team, where Drogba and co. discuss Eboue)

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Moustapha Salifou, aka Togolese Zidane

Probably Martin O'Neills most bizarre signing for Aston Villa. He was with the club for four years from 2007 to 2011 and made a grand total of four league appearances in that time. He's currently a free agent and has been since 2012.

Also he has the same birthday as me.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

This ugly SOB is one of my favorite players ever. Never had a negative attitude, had to have three lungs with all the running he did, had one season where he inexplicably was Liverpool's top scorer despite being really bad at scoring goals usually, I loved him.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Still no Jimmy loving Glass yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KejwqhLDeOs

Thirteenth Step posted:

Well no, causing death by dangerous driving and then legging it wasn't very heroic but before that happened he was a bit of a cult hero and scored some good goals for us.

Coventry bought him off us for 5million and 1 pounds (escape clause) and we then bought him back for 2.5m the following season which was some good business apart from the fact that he didn't score much at Cov and didn't score much in his 2nd spell.

I tried as much as possible to believe in Lee Hughes and his "changed man" schtick at Notts County and I even did the loving Hughesy in my living room when this went in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrhPKJIxlUU&t=175s

But then he did a rape and hosed off to Vale.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
My cult pick has to be John Moncur. He was never the best player on the pitch but he was always the hardest working. He was a bit of a mentalist prone to getting sent off but he always seemed to have a good sense of humour about it.

Plus, he scored this beauty of a goal against Bradford:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJQsbdwc9WE

And then in true John Moncur fashion, he was unable to get his shirt back on after removing it. He was still trying to get his shirt back on when play resumed. He was out of position which led to Bradford getting a goal almost immediately after play restarted

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Diego Forlan.

It never quite worked out for him at United like people had hoped. Tons of promise, but also tons of pressure. In fact, during his first season at United he didn't score once, managing to miss absolute sitters and seeming like a cursed man. He never stopped trying or smiling, though, and he was loved for it.

And when he finally did start scoring, he scored some memorable goals for United, including a 90th minute winner against Chelsea and a double against Liverpool that's still sung about today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3zyG8cWKTc

I was absolutely gutted when he was sold. I always loved the guy for his attitude and professionalism and Forlan remains one of my favourite United players ever.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Der Shovel posted:

Diego Forlan.

It never quite worked out for him at United like people had hoped. Tons of promise, but also tons of pressure. In fact, during his first season at United he didn't score once, managing to miss absolute sitters and seeming like a cursed man. He never stopped trying or smiling, though, and he was loved for it.

And when he finally did start scoring, he scored some memorable goals for United, including a 90th minute winner against Chelsea and a double against Liverpool that's still sung about today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3zyG8cWKTc

I was absolutely gutted when he was sold. I always loved the guy for his attitude and professionalism and Forlan remains one of my favourite United players ever.

Forlan owns, I hate the Uruguayan team a lot but I can't hate Forlan.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I've got a fairly recent one: Bakaye Traore

Traore was signed on a free from then Ligue 2 side Nancy for what I can only assume was a favor to an agent or a president somewhere. He was supposedly a versatile midfielder but he was just kind of there most of the time. He definitely had a kit and he definitely played for Milan is the most you can say about him. What makes him a cult hero is that all of the 7 times he played, Milan never lost. He would come on at the end of a nervy 2-1 or 1-1 and Milan would turtle up and not give a goal. It was completely bizarre, especially since he had nothing to do with it. He earned the nickname "Talismano Traore" and fans would scream his name now and then when Milan were looking like they were about to give up a goal. He's currently on loan to a Turkish side and will never play for Milan again, but every now and then I think about our Talismano and kind of hope he comes back.

Also one time Niang was pulled over for speeding and as he didn't have a license he told the cops that he was Traore.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Spangly A posted:

Tomáš Řepka is a hero who had it all. Difficult to type name, signed for a club record, completely loving insane, and endearingly bad.

Purchased in the heady days of Glenn Roeders tenure for £5.5m, which back then was a lot of money for a footballer, he set about creating a partnership with Christian Daily that would remain in our hearts forever. Sent off on his debut, he came back tougher than ever after suspension, and promptly got sent off again. He proceeded to be a worryingly batshit liability, with such wonderful moments as punching a TV camera for looking at him funny, and getting us relegated with the original "too good to go down" side. At the end of his second season, he joined the other players on the field in being slightly confused as to how we'd just been relegated, as chants of "We want a new back four" were aimed at himself, Dailly, a young Glen Johnson, and the corpse of Nigel Winterburn.

After being reinvented as a right back, he began a long and proud tradition of West Ham's worst player filling in that position while providing unrelated entertainment, mostly involving punching people. You may remember such gems as Lucas Neill, and that's frankly enough remembering for me.

He is fondly thought of in his native Czech Republic which wasn't the Czech Republic when he was born there but that's ok. He nutted a camera there, having decided merely punching them is passe.

The team he helped relegate contained no fewer than 9 full England internationals, as well as Paolo di Canio, Freddie Kanoute, and young Leon Britton was given a shirt number. The teams he looked a bit better in did not.

You know I'd completely forgotten Nigel Winterburn, just one of many players seeking the life-giving waters of Chadwell Heath which had revived the careers of shite old players from Jimmy Greaves all the way to Teddy Sheringham, who will remain the oldest-ever Premiership outfielder and goalscorer until they finally find Kanu's birth certificate.

My nomination for West Ham cult hero has to be:

Steve Potts.

Look at that jawline. Phwoooar.

Stevie blazed a trail long before Clint Dempsey et. al. by being an American who was pretty good at football for mid-table London clubs, he played 399 times for West Ham, mostly in central defence despite being shorter than David Moyes' career at Man U, and scored exactly one goal in all that time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Waq7putHfI

While many people rejoiced at the goal, some (like me) felt almost disappointed that his perfect record had been sullied.

That soulless oval office Glenn Roeder wouldn't let him on for his 400th appearance even though our season was over before Christmas, and that's all you need to know about that rat-faced little wanker. Steve's son Dan is in the West Ham reserves and has played a few games for the senior team (and his poo poo-hot in FM13 if anyone's looking for a cheap fullback)

A few also-rans:

George Parris:

Pretty much the definition of a journeyman player, he played in literally every position on the pitch at some point in his career (even going in goal in one pre-season match in those heady, pre-substitute keeper days), and that versatility meant he was basically almost always on the bench in the days when you were only allowed one sub. Despite never really being a first-team regular (he only got 200-odd appearances, over half as a sub, in 11 years) he was massively popular with the West Ham fans.

Marco Boogers

I mean his name is Marco Boogers. As if that wasn't enough here's his entire West Ham career:

Bought for 3 million quid, came on as a sub, kicked Gary Neville six foot in the air (and who wouldn't?) 30 seconds later, got sent off, sold.

Steve "Clicker" Bacon

Not even a footballer, Steve Bacon was the staff photographer for the Newham Recorder for 20 years, covering almost every West Ham match in that time, home and away, even becoming effectively part of the back-room staff under Lou Macari and Billy Bonds. His, erm, rather rotund figure meant he was always easily-spotted and he was so popular that West Ham fanzine Fortunes Always Hiding even had a strip - "The Adventures of Clicker Bacon", written and drawn by one Phill "Never Mind The Buzzcocks" Jupitus.

Here's a picture he took in about 47 BC:

Yes, those are both who you think they are.

Here he is falling over:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjSQnLvkM4I

And finally, even though someone's already mentioned him and he's not even playing for us at the time, here's Scott Parker doing his thing against another West Ham legend (playing for Chelsea at the time so that's fine also)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N_fH6lUajU&t=34s

Top man.

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 22, 2014

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

My cult pick has to be John Moncur. He was never the best player on the pitch but he was always the hardest working. He was a bit of a mentalist prone to getting sent off but he always seemed to have a good sense of humour about it.

Plus, he scored this beauty of a goal against Bradford:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJQsbdwc9WE

And then in true John Moncur fashion, he was unable to get his shirt back on after removing it. He was still trying to get his shirt back on when play resumed. He was out of position which led to Bradford getting a goal almost immediately after play restarted

We used to run a quick book on how long it would take him to get booked - he generally couldn't last more than half an hour, considerably less if he came on as a sub. I remember once at Fratton Park my mate said "17 seconds" as he came on and he was absolutely correct, Darren Anderton getting a tackle off him so late that he kept getting injured by it even when he got sold to Spurs.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Here's a picture he took in about 47 BC:

I like how Joe Cole loooks about 5 years old but Rio looks like he did yesterday.

Duncecap
Jul 30, 2003

Is it cult enough if a player has a stand named after him whilst still playing for the club?

Any Bournemouth fan will forever remember Big Steve Fletcher. Over 500 appearances for Bournemouth, from division 2 to league 2 and finally into the championship. Doing nothing but standing really far up the pitch and putting the ball in the net with his head. His wikipedia helpfully reads "Fletcher has been described as a target man.". He's also a really nice bloke and I met him during a primary school visit, a secondary school visit and in a semi-recent real life encounter and he remembered me :3:.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
He was the greatest Legia player to ever wear the jersey. He’s played over 300 games for us and scored 94 goals, which in the 60s and 70s in Poland (i.e. back when we weren’t poo poo) was quite a feat. He was the master of midfield with a golden touch, who could pass, shoot and even score from corners. He was an icon. Revered to this very day by countless generations of Legia fans. “To be like Him” is the wish of every kid who’s ever supported and played for the team. He didn’t just give 100%, he gave this team everything he had.

He was a mainstay of the national team that won an Olympic gold medal in 1972 and third place at the 1974 World Cup. He scored 41 goals in 97 appearances, including this screamer against Italy that was, at the time, the contender for the goal of the tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXbv2zWTUro

And then, of course, was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaKExxtYd40&t=35s

City fans may remember him. His name was Kazimierz Deyna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w90QBOI-kzs

He left Legia for Manchester at the peak of his career. His farewell game, a friendly against City, drew the biggest crowd in club history. And then you fuckers broke him. You couldn’t find a way to properly utilise one of the best players of his generation. He went on to suffer injuries and never managed to find form. After only making 38 appearances and scoring 12 goals in almost 3 years, he left England for the United States, where he found some success with San Diego Sockers, but really now, who gave a gently caress about American football – oh, I beg your pardon – soccer, in the 80s.

He died in a car crash in 1989, much, much before his time.

He will always be remembered by every Legia fan as the best there ever was and the best there ever will be.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

mackintosh posted:

He was the greatest Legia player to ever wear the jersey. He’s played over 300 games for us and scored 94 goals, which in the 60s and 70s in Poland (i.e. back when we weren’t poo poo) was quite a feat. He was the master of midfield with a golden touch, who could pass, shoot and even score from corners. He was an icon. Revered to this very day by countless generations of Legia fans. “To be like Him” is the wish of every kid who’s ever supported and played for the team. He didn’t just give 100%, he gave this team everything he had.

He was a mainstay of the national team that won an Olympic gold medal in 1972 and third place at the 1974 World Cup. He scored 41 goals in 97 appearances, including this screamer against Italy that was, at the time, the contender for the goal of the tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXbv2zWTUro

And then, of course, was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaKExxtYd40&t=35s

City fans may remember him. His name was Kazimierz Deyna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w90QBOI-kzs

He left Legia for Manchester at the peak of his career. His farewell game, a friendly against City, drew the biggest crowd in club history. And then you fuckers broke him. You couldn’t find a way to properly utilise one of the best players of his generation. He went on to suffer injuries and never managed to find form. After only making 38 appearances and scoring 12 goals in almost 3 years, he left England for the United States, where he found some success with San Diego Sockers, but really now, who gave a gently caress about American football – oh, I beg your pardon – soccer, in the 80s.

He died in a car crash in 1989, much, much before his time.

He will always be remembered by every Legia fan as the best there ever was and the best there ever will be.

My dad loving LOVED Kazimierz Deyna despite his struggles, and he's still really fondly remembered today if that makes up for it any way :ohdear:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

TheGoatFeeder posted:

My dad loving LOVED Kazimierz Deyna despite his struggles, and he's still really fondly remembered today if that makes up for it any way :ohdear:

Why haven't you or the other Man City posters done a Kinkladze post ITT yet?

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Blue Screen Error posted:

Why haven't you or the other Man City posters done a Kinkladze post ITT yet?

Too many repressed memories from that era, I had been considering it though, him or Ali Benarbia or maybe Shaun Goater......there's a whole book about the biggest cult hero's in the history of City, too many to choose from.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Too many repressed memories from that era, I had been considering it though, him or Ali Benarbia.

DaMarcus Beasley?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Kinkladze was one of the best dribblers of the ball ever imo, and its always great when an amazing player comes out of a shithouse country full of no hopers like him, Weah, or Jozy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Blue Screen Error posted:

Kinkladze was one of the best dribblers of the ball ever imo, and its always great when an amazing player comes out of a shithouse country full of no hopers like him, Weah, or Jozy.

Kaladze was a brilliant defender in his prime, so there were at least 2 Georgians that were good.

• Locked thread