Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Not much resists fire, but only trash is weak to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Fish Noise posted:

Yeah I've found that missile damage will get through even as Reflection sends it back. Ignis is blocked and sent back, hand grenades to the FRONT are also blocked and set back. Not sure what makes the missile explosion different.

Unsupported supposition: When the missile hits you it's behind your block arc which makes block not work.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Denzine posted:

Unsupported supposition: When the missile hits you it's behind your block arc which makes block not work.
I considered that but when I was trying it, I went through with the block animation and having Reflection going does put damage back on the Bombard.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Oh, then I guess it just doesn't block procs. I know it reflects(but does not block) bleed damage. That happened during the Trinity test.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I like slotting on the Auto Block mod with that Reflection one because I'll be shooting poo poo and suddenly I'll start flailing my Prova around like a retardninja master but still be damaging baddies.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Melee 2.0 blocking chat: I'm annoyed that I can no longer block through Grineer scanner doors and Corpus laser doors with no ill effects!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I dunno, I think being Volt and having speed active and making it ten meters past the corpus laser door before spontaneously falling on my face is great.

I also wish the grineer galleon tileset would quit putting pipes through/around the door sensor's hitbox.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Cheap Trick posted:

Melee 2.0 blocking chat: I'm annoyed that I can no longer block through Grineer scanner doors and Corpus laser doors with no ill effects!

Wait, when did they change that? I could've sworn I was doing it earlier today.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I still just use that Sliding Melee trick.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Deciding to fight Hek's turkey mode melee only (when I happened to have my heat dagger equipped) may have been a bad decision. Then having to get back up the waterslide because it bugged and didn't turn off two runs in a row was not one of my better experiences with warframe.

Melee only was the best part of that run.

Unlike, say, having to play Valkyr to have a shot at beating Hek or just getting more helmets.

But, I've got Hydrant, no need to fight Hek ever again. And so, four more items fall into the trash category.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

endlessmonotony posted:

Melee only was the best part of that run.

Unlike, say, having to play Valkyr to have a shot at beating Hek or just getting more helmets.

But, I've got Hydrant, no need to fight Hek ever again. And so, four more items fall into the trash category.

Did you get the stance he drops? I mixed up Hek and Ruk, my bad.

Can you scan the two kinds of drones he launches?

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Apr 22, 2014

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I just got myself a Seer pistol. I like the big ugly thing but I only tired it in the starting sector so far :v:

Is it a good weapon, or is it one of the bad guns that never go beyond mediocrity even with mods?

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

It doesn't even get to fit into the latter category. My condolences on wasting your time/resources.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Wales Grey posted:

Did you get the stance he drops? I mixed up Hek and Ruk, my bad.

Can you scan the two kinds of drones he launches?

That's a yes, I spend the entire fight hoping nobody notices that is all I am trying to do.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
I attempted to join a mission on Pluto, and was immediately booted back to the mission selection screen, but with a strange reputation box (not clickable) in the center of my screen. Looks like DE is working on a reputation system for this game so players can rank each other.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
That reputation screen has been there for months, if they are (still) working on it, it's probably low priority.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Deciding to fight Hek's turkey mode melee only (when I happened to have my heat dagger equipped) may have been a bad decision. Then having to get back up the waterslide because it bugged and didn't turn off two runs in a row was not one of my better experiences with warframe.

Hek is a pain in the rear end. Took me forever to kill (was a level 10 frame at the time) especially when you friends don't tell you what's going to happen and you have a bow for your primary. Still at least my aim improved after that run.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Carecat posted:

That's a game that doesn't really exist outside of a few singleplayer titles and I don't know where you'd begin to convert that to a mass market coop experience. They could do a lot to make it less brainless but don't hold your breath.

Do you remember that lovely, 20 year old game called wow? It wasn't f2p and it was a bit steep for its time. Not a big fan, either.

It had some spergy planning involved to win raids, which gave you the good loot (comparable with tower runs, only harder to complete, and impossible to solo).

But you are right, outside of the single player experience, online games are dumbed down to appeal the teens with the attention span and patience of hair drier, who legally cannot spend money on the game, but shovel ten times over what the middle class Joe would, regardless.

chumbler posted:

If you're after a stealthy, planning heavy space ninja game, you should probably give up on Warframe now. DE has painted themselves into a corner on this game and you're never going to get that stealth action you want. There is pretty much a zero percent chance that the game will drift away from being about shooting space men with different kinds of guns, and while recent frame releases have gotten much better, they've got a huge pile of old frames that need work that their community will not let them do.

Basically this could be a deeper game, but even if DE were capable of making it so, the vast majority of players don't want it to be. Most of us have just made our peace with that.

Negative nancy. :smith:

I am messing. You are right.

I am expressing all these opinions, because I am likely going to give up on this game soon, since there isn't much left for me to do besides doing the same things again, for the 1000th time.

This is also why I find the whole "which warframe is best" topics to be superfluous. The best frames have jack all to do with the ninja theme, and play nothing like.

To have mass murder tanks on legs that are as subtle as a drum at a funeral, in a game that is allegedly about space ninjas, which accidentally has some of them, but they all suck and are hard to play(TM), and the map design and poor AI renders them pointless in coop, because they do not kill poo poo optimally, with big crit numbers to satisfy the inner sperg. :downsrim:

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Thrasophius posted:

I'll start building the components then once I get my hands on some more resources because those greneer jet pack guys that knock you down with missles and keep you there are drat annoying so it'll be nice to have a counter at least.

Once you will have Nyx, that grineer dude will be shooting other grineer dudes. Meanwhile, you will be watching a movie, and if they are still alive, you can, if you so desire, to stab them all in the face for good measure.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I love cats posted:

Once you will have Nyx, that grineer dude will be shooting other grineer dudes. Meanwhile, you will be watching a movie, and if they are still alive, you can, if you so desire, to stab them all in the face for good measure.

You also get a invulnerable shield that kills everything around you when it runs out. You can not move during it's duration.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

I love cats posted:

Sandweed posted:

You also get a invulnerable shield that kills everything around you when it runs out. You can not move during it's duration.

Nyx is sounding more and more amazing the more I hear. Just have to wait for the components to finish, buy the Nyx bp and put it all together.

I've not been playing too long, how often are infested invasions because I love running infested survivals.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
You will find no shortage of those, and a bunch of Dark Sector survivals/defense are infested only.

Coincidentally, I made Nyx and began leveling her earlier this evening. Chaos is fun. Exploding Invincibility Bubbles are fun. Does that glitch where you can move while absorbing still exist, or was that always more of a visual bug?

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

TheRationalRedditor posted:

You will find no shortage of those, and a bunch of Dark Sector survivals/defense are infested only.

Coincidentally, I made Nyx and began leveling her earlier this evening. Chaos is fun. Exploding Invincibility Bubbles are fun. Does that glitch where you can move while absorbing still exist, or was that always more of a visual bug?

It still works. It is not visual. You go around absorbing damage.

Thrasophius posted:

I've not been playing too long, how often are infested invasions because I love running infested survivals.

They are ongoing. Once one is over, there is a pause, and another will pop. Sometimes, there are two or three going at the same time.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Apr 22, 2014

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Thrasophius posted:

Nyx is sounding more and more amazing the more I hear. Just have to wait for the components to finish, buy the Nyx bp and put it all together.

Just don't feel too sad when Rhino/Nova/Zephyr/Hydrant/[insert AoE warframe] keep wasting rooms with low energy ultis and make Chaos meaningless/leave you in your zen bubble with a thumb up your rear end and surrounded by corpses.

Nyx is awesome [get that Reach and Streamline ASAP], but it's not until much later that it has an opportunity to shine since everything is so easily turned into gibblets. I also rushed Nyx as my second frame, but overall I could have waited till later.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
I rushed Rhino as my second warframe. The goonhype was too stronk.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I don't think I've ever seen Absorb actually be useful. It's an area damage AoE that A)takes a long loving time and B)relies on a bunch of dudes shooting you. Most of the time I've seen it used, either it doesn't get attacked or everything has already been killed by the time it goes off.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Piell posted:

I don't think I've ever seen Absorb actually be useful. It's an area damage AoE that A)takes a long loving time and B)relies on a bunch of dudes shooting you. Most of the time I've seen it used, either it doesn't get attacked or everything has already been killed by the time it goes off.

A Nyx can solo up til wave 30 in ODD if modded properly. Bring 3 other guys to shoot your absorb ball and the sky is the limit.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So I am having trouble beating the Primary weapon rank up challenge with my Braton. It's level 10 and slotted with increased crit chance, but it still takes far too long to kill the Corpus.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Piell posted:

But but if you play the game solo, slot every power and take your sweet rear end time while savoring every kill, it totally works great! Also, leave when level 20+ enemies show up. Trust me bro, it's great! Everyone who says otherwise is totally wrong!

Kitty Fantastico
Nov 26, 2005

Piell posted:

It can be pretty fun! Max Fleeting expertise, Max Stretch, Max Overextended. Now you have a 4 second absorb that reaches 23.5 metres on the explosion. I like to copter at the largest concentration of bad guys possible before mashing the key. The invincibility ball rolls to a gentle stop, just in time to destroy everything in a giant radius.

Not getting attacked used to be a huge problem but they patched in an increased threat on it a few months back. It's pretty good at getting attention now.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Fat_Cow posted:

So I am having trouble beating the Primary weapon rank up challenge with my Braton. It's level 10 and slotted with increased crit chance, but it still takes far too long to kill the Corpus.

If you're referring to the Braton Mk 1, it's A) literally one of the worst weapons in the game and B)literally one of the worst guns in the game to use crit chance on, and even the regular Braton is bad for a crit-based build.. Put on a +damage mod (Serration if you have it, or any of the +energy damage mods), or get someone in the clan to drag you through a couple high-level defenses to level up your gear/get actual good mods.

Kitty Fantastico posted:

It can be pretty fun! Max Fleeting expertise, Max Stretch, Max Overextended. Now you have a 4 second absorb that reaches 23.5 metres on the explosion. I like to copter at the largest concentration of bad guys possible before mashing the key. The invincibility ball rolls to a gentle stop, just in time to destroy everything in a giant radius.

Not getting attacked used to be a huge problem but they patched in an increased threat on it a few months back. It's pretty good at getting attention now.

Yeah but like, any other damage ult does it instantly.

Piell fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Apr 22, 2014

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Piell posted:

If you're referring to the Braton Mk 1, it's A) literally one of the worst weapons in the game and B)literally one of the worst guns in the game to use crit chance on. Put on a +damage mod, or get someone in the clan to drag you through a couple high-level defenses to level up your gear/get actual good mods.

Yeah but like, any other damage ult does it instantly.

I bought the 25k Braton since my friend told me it was the best thing to spend my first big break on, and I have no clan since I started sunday and applied to Goon today.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Sandweed posted:

A Nyx can solo up til wave 30 in ODD if modded properly. Bring 3 other guys to shoot your absorb ball and the sky is the limit.

30? Absorb is instant-cast and you can make it last long enough that you will regen your energy investment with one siphon. If you feel like it you can detonate your own pre-deployed Penta/Casta grenades while in Absorb, but this is not necessary- it just speeds things up.

On Infested Defense, Nyx is eternal.

Fat_Cow posted:

Ask another goon for "Serration" and level it up as high as you can. Also "Split Chamber" - get that to max. Slot them both if you can, or just Serration. Enjoy having an effective weapon.

Build the Karak.

edit: If you're ingame right now I can give you a lv5 Serration.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Fat_Cow posted:

I bought the 25k Braton since my friend told me it was the best thing to spend my first big break on, and I have no clan since I started sunday and applied to Goon today.

Braton is still bad for a crit-based build, equip Serration or one of the elemental damage mods.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I re-slotted my Nekros just as Denzine described, and the difference is night and day. Natural Talent is essential for this, but the desecration process is as fast as I can mash that #3 key. I now look at other Nekros players, spamming Shadows and Terrify, and thinking "why are you wasting everyone's time doing it in T3, you lovely support, why?! Maybe, just maybe, the reason we're out of oxygen by 35 minute mark is because you didn't desecrate enough"

It's sad and awesome at the same time

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Denzine posted:

30? Absorb is instant-cast and you can make it last long enough that you will regen your energy investment with one siphon. If you feel like it you can detonate your own pre-deployed Penta/Casta grenades while in Absorb, but this is not necessary- it just speeds things up.

On Infested Defense, Nyx is eternal.

Ask another goon for "Serration" and level it up as high as you can. Also "Split Chamber" - get that to max. Slot them both if you can, or just Serration. Enjoy having an effective weapon.

Build the Karak.

edit: If you're ingame right now I can give you a lv5 Serration.

I thought you had to be rank 2 to trade?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fat_Cow posted:

I thought you had to be rank 2 to trade?

You do, yeah. I'd try and get someone to drag you through some tougher stuff to get you some levels/mod capacity, or just wait it out. Any affinity you earn will roll over when you clear the test, so don't worry about that.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I keep forgetting about that. it's such a pointless restriction.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Looking to avoid traders creating throwaway accounts to game the marketplace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Denzine posted:

I keep forgetting about that. it's such a pointless restriction.
I'm pretty sure a lot of the earlier rank limitations are to avoid / slow down mass botting / exploits in the game. While the gameplay itself can be botted ok-ish even with the hacking "puzzles" trade exploits can pretty seriously screw up the economy and limiting transactions by number and at least some marginal rank isn't the worst way to deal with it either. I'm pretty sure I've been online in games with bots before given how they refused to leave survival missions despite dying repeatedly as Rhinos while uttering no words in chat.