Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Tom Savage is the only QB that the Bengals have brought in for a private workout.

noo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Is the movie "Rounders" about the NFL draft?

I don't know, I guess it's got some gambling in it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It's about as related to the real draft as Draft Day is

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

In which Greg Cosell trolls draftniks and Panthers fans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-ca...727831-nfl.html

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

Plus all of the UGA homers would move to Cincinatti just to watch Murray throw to AJ Green again.

:siren: :siren: ABORT!!! :siren: :siren: ABORT!!! :siren: :siren:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Ozu posted:

In which Greg Cosell trolls draftniks and Panthers fans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-ca...727831-nfl.html

I don't really think that opinion is particularly new or anything. Maybe trolling panthers fans, but he notes the perception difference. I think it's what I've noted in here a couple times; someone is going to get excited about his physical talents and he will get drafted/have a shot at QB. Cosell isn't even trying to say he should be a high pick, just that from a potential perspective there is a lot to like.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
the lengths you loving nerds will go to to not watch college football is astounding

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I watch u fucker I just wish there was an NFL Game Rewind for college

ESPN3 only archives the current season's games up and then pulls them down about a month after the title game

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Roasted Donut posted:

the lengths you loving nerds will go to to not watch college football is astounding

Grew up watching University of Maryland. It was more than enough to turn me off college football.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Quest For Glory II posted:

I watch u fucker I just wish there was an NFL Game Rewind for college

ESPN3 only archives the current season's games up and then pulls them down about a month after the title game

There is, sort of. http://noonkick.com/

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
This is so cool. Thank you Coldforge, I forgive you for stealing Boldin now.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Terrelle Pryor traded to Seattle for 7th round DP.

e: clarified.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 22, 2014

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Roasted Donut posted:

qft

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Grew up watching University of Maryland. It was more than enough to turn me off college football.

don't watch the big ten idiot

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I don't really think that opinion is particularly new or anything. Maybe trolling panthers fans, but he notes the perception difference. I think it's what I've noted in here a couple times; someone is going to get excited about his physical talents and he will get drafted/have a shot at QB. Cosell isn't even trying to say he should be a high pick, just that from a potential perspective there is a lot to like.
Outside of the fact that he'd be playing QB, yeah there is a lot to like.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Declan MacManus posted:

don't watch the big ten idiot

hey they're not the big ten's lovely football problem until this year

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

my college football youth is some shitbird from nebraska knocking a ball off his foot and catching it but it still owns a ton

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's growing on me now, especially with how I pay more attention to the draft than I once had but I spent a long time believing that college football was just absolute trash.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

drink some beer out of a camo can and watch a service academy wreck a fcs team

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Groucho Marxist posted:

drink some beer out of a camo can and watch a service academy wreck a fcs team

truly the greatest sport

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

It's football without all the homogenized bullshit and where plucky underdogs actually do cool goofy poo poo like beat on Florida without ever throwing the football

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That is the one thing I always appreciated. Ridiculous game plans and gadget plays are given the starring role they deserve. Which would explain why Cam Cameron has thrived at the college level.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

It's football without all the homogenized bullshit and where plucky underdogs actually do cool goofy poo poo like beat on Florida without ever throwing the football

Well they did throw the ball, it's just that after the third time when nobody caught it they said gently caress it

400+ yards and a whole lotta sad gators

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Roasted Donut posted:

I went to college at the University of North Texas :colbert:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I went to George Mason University (no football team) and Boston University (no football team), my parents went to KU...so...

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I was rewarded with Johnny Football after having to watch Mike Sherman Football and The Strong-Side Option King Dennis Franchione.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rasczak posted:

I went to college at the University of North Texas :colbert:

UNT owns now

also you don't need to attend a fuckin SEC school to root for teams, just pick someone and say "Yeah beat those fuckers!"

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Watching college football overseas is much harder than watching NFL so :effort:

Back in the states I watched the nationally televised ones. Here I just check for Cocks updates and sigh.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Attending LSU during that Honey Badger hullabaloo was loving amazing, but that's me.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I went to Havin' Fun U so I watch MAC games on random weekdays

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Groucho Marxist posted:

I went to Havin' Fun U so I watch MAC games on random weekdays

see this motherfucker knows what college football is about

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Alouicious posted:

UNT owns now

also you don't need to attend a fuckin SEC school to root for teams, just pick someone and say "Yeah beat those fuckers!"

Wait are you serious I haven't paid attention for years

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rasczak posted:

Wait are you serious I haven't paid attention for years

9-4 and a win in the Heart of Dallas Bowl which is like a c+ bowl but hey, C-USA

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
College football is cool but I just can't spend my whole weekend watching football, most of sunday is enough time as it is

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

College football is cool as heck outside of the fact that the first couple of weeks are loaded with buy a win games. So many teases end up in crushing disappointment. :(

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Febreeze posted:

College football is cool but I just can't spend my whole weekend watching football, most of sunday is enough time as it is

Never before has :frogout: been so appropriate.

edit: yes, but those buy a win games result in powerhouses getting upset in the opening weeks like Michigan and App State.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

I've got Sunday, MNF, and TNF. The girlfriend won't let me have Friday night and Saturday. :whip:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chichevache posted:

I've got Sunday, MNF, and TNF. The girlfriend won't let me have Friday night and Saturday. :whip:

Sever. Although you may want to apply a tourniquet first.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Sever. Although you may want to apply a tourniquet first.

:iceburn:

*edit*
While I'm talking to a doctor, I just tried toradol for the first time today. drat. I can see why they give it to injured players before a game. That poo poo is magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chichevache posted:

:iceburn:

*edit*
While I'm talking to a doctor, I just tried toradol for the first time today. drat. I can see why they give it to injured players before a game. That poo poo is magic.

Cool, Just don't get hit, it has an increased risk of bleeding. Fortunately NFL players don't have any increased risk of blunt trauma...

• Locked thread