Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

It's Travis Browne's team, it is their job to motivate the guy. This is exactly what they should be doing.

They're probably telling him he has never lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Haha I'm actually audible in the Healy fight yelling for Masvidal to throw elbows and knees.

this isn't something to be proud of, sorry

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

cisneros posted:

They're probably telling him he has never lost.

Ricky Lundell is the same guy who, along with Bryan Caraway, told Miesha after the first round of her rematch with Ronda that Ronda was breaking.

They are the most Brazilian corners ever.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Google Butt posted:

incorrect.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Google Butt posted:

Masdival listned in the first round, it was really cool and the drunk guy being us called him coach the rest of the night.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Dangersim posted:

Masdival listned in the first round, it was really cool and the drunk guy being us called him coach the rest of the night.

I was never sure if "coach" was Mr. Nice! or the equally-drunk lady behind us who wouldn't yell loud enough to be heard.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

LobsterMobster posted:

I was never sure if "coach" was Mr. Nice! or the equally-drunk lady behind us who wouldn't yell loud enough to be heard.

"KNEE HIM IN THE REAR!"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Dangersim posted:

"KNEE HIM IN THE REAR!"

to be fair, butt-strikes are always the smartest tactical decision

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Khabib of all people came up on the PRI/BBC program "The World" - they were talking about Tamerlane Tsarnaev and how he trained at Wai Kru gym, which is downstairs from where the reporter lives. Through that she found out about our favorite Dagestani Eagle and did a piece about him as a top lightweight. She even plays a clip of him wrestling the bear from YouTube, and she interviews Khabib and Javier Mendez.

It's pretty funny hearing a clip of Joe Rogan freaking out on public radio or a reporter not knowing how to pronounce a Brazilian name. The best part was when she said that MMA was a mix of Thai boxing, BJJ, and sambo. I'm p sure Khabib fed her that line.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I would pay any amount of money to get a Garrison Keillor commentary track on fightpass.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I thought this was a joke at first.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I would pay any amount of money to get a Garrison Keillor commentary track on fightpass.

I love npr and mma. That poo poo made me lol, no joke. #ufclakewoebegon

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ahahahahahaa

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

lmao

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Are there any good (or at least well done) MMA tattoos?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

"All right man I need a tattoo of UFC LHW champ Jon Jones, but he needs to have just recovered from a really bad flu, and he needs to have just realized he needs to take a really bad poo poo but he's in public"

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

Nope

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
If you mean, good tats that a fighter has then yes, all of them. If you mean tats a member of the general public has that are a mma fighter, their name, or a mma logo then no.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

"All right man I need a tattoo of UFC LHW champ Jon Jones, but he needs to have just recovered from a really bad flu, and he needs to have just realized he needs to take a really bad poo poo but he's in public"

Also, some of the worst acne anyone has ever seen.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bluedeanie posted:

To be fair, that's a pretty good likeness of him in between r4 and r5 of the Gus fight. I wonder what the source is...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

Alan "The Talent" Belcher has the best tattoo in MMA history.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
Looks like Jones and Rashad had a baby

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
What's sad is the guy wanted a Herb Dean tattoo instead.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Lmbo if you don't have Hammer House tattooed across your back

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dZQxnPbEU0
Fight Week Blog Week

Looks like Dana took the TRT away from the fighters so that he could inject it all into himself.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Looks like Dana took the TRT away from the fighters so that he could inject it all into himself.

I think he's just wearing a deep v-neck for some reason

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

mewse posted:

I think he's just wearing a deep v-neck for some reason

Oh, I was talking about his massive forearms with the veins popping out. Was just joking though.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Oh, I was talking about his massive forearms with the veins popping out. Was just joking though.

All old men have that. If you don't have it yet, do a deadlift and turn forty.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Fozzy The Bear posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dZQxnPbEU0
Fight Week Blog Week

Fight Year, Blog Week?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
"Most stacked card ever" said with a straight face. This man is a promoter's promoter.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Ditch posted:

"Most stacked card ever" said with a straight face. This man is a promoter's promoter.

Yep

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
yeah that's real bad. it isn't even the most stacked card they've done this year. they don't even have Ellenberger fighting on the card anymore

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Ditch posted:

I had to rewatch it because I thought he was talking about 175.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Finished watching Mike Pierces fights. After Rocha he got matched up with Aaron Simpson moving down. They wrestled along the fence for most of the first round, until Simpson created some space and hurt Pierce with a knee to the head. Then he picked Mike Pierce up and slammed him, and mounted him. But the round ended before he did much damage. In the second round when they met in the middle for an exchange Pierce landed the most dead on right hand you could ever see and won by KO. One of the great things about Pierce is that hes got some nice combinations, and he was throwing more punches before he realized he KO'd Simpson. Simpson looked like he could've been a badass at 170 but he was already 36 by this point, I think.

Next he fought Seth Baczynski, who I gather just had a great fight with Thiago Alves the other day. Thats not surprising at all after seeing this fight. The guy is tall and strong. His wrestling wasn't really good enough to beat Pierce, but his striking was nice, and he did quite a bit of facial damage. He was active off his back, but Pierce still passed to his half guard and landed good elbows in the 1st and 3rd. Seths length meant he had to do roughly a tenth of the work Rocha had to do to avoid getting his head smashed, and he was about as successful. In the second, Pierce knocked Seth down with a series of uppercuts while holding the back of the head. He was tough though and recovered fast. And his wrestling was good enough to defend some takedowns, just not good enough to win rounds. Anyway his cardio was great, hes tough, and he's huge. He could knee Pierce in the face really easily.

I can't remember knowing anything about David Mitchell, and I watched it with the sound off. For some reason I assumed he'd be a British guy. Maybe he is, but he seemed to be able to wrestle. He won the first but Pierce came out throwing bombs in the second, shot for a double, then landed a KO left in the clinch. Pierce is short and Mitchell, Baczynski and Paul Bradly might've been able to "overperform" a bit because of that stylistic challenge for Pierce.

Then there was The Breakening, against another guy just as short, when Mike Pierce continued the longstanding tradition for the best welterweight in the world to get finished decisively in the first round by a possibly retarded jiu jitsu black belt.

Palooka
Mar 13, 2005

MUST...WATCH...ALL...TV

Bubba McDaneiel @BubbaTheMenace posted:

They released Renee Forte!?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Getting that sponsor money while he can:

landobee
Nov 25, 2004
Be Water
Just bought Fight Pass and watched the last Fight Night; where can I find the prelims on ufc.tv? It's weird, but can't find them anywhere. Were they broadcasted somewhere else?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

Getting that sponsor money while he can:

I don't even remember the last time Hendricks threw a high/mid kick.

Besides that advert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
It's a pretty good tattoo, but there's no reason to have Jon Jones face on your body.

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

• Locked thread