Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

chuggo is BACK posted:

Wow giggs will gently caress anything haha
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I would kill myself if we got Guardiola i would legit hate it.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

You're a strange man bhyo

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

think of all the sideways passes

I'm genuinely not sure he'd hack it in the Premier League - no one would put out teams custom built to get owned by him like SAF did

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Does he get to take The Chosen One banner with him?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

PirateBob posted:

Also if Daniel Taylor of the Guardian is to be believed, a deal was in place for Thiago Alcantara, his father had agreed to it, Utd had scouted him for 2 years, but Moyes hadn't seem him play and wasn't interested :negative:

That's been the story since last summer. The deal was in place, everything was set and then Moyes had "doubts" about Thiago and killed the deal.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Der Shovel posted:

That's been the story since last summer. The deal was in place, everything was set and then Moyes had "doubts" about Thiago and killed the deal.

why didn't Moyes just go to the loving U21 Euros where he won the god drat golden ball

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Duncan Sperguson posted:

You're a strange man bhyo

He plays awful football and instils a despicable culture on all the players.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

No, they need to change the name on it for the next guy.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

serious gaylord posted:

You're insane. He's probably the best manager in the world

e After Brendan Rodgers

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Ryan Giggs is a piece of poo poo lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I hope they sign van Gaal, he'll have decked Rooney within a week

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
I can't believe ryan giggs is capable of stabbing another man in the back like that. Nah uh.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

tbp posted:

He's a drug-taking cheat, mentally weak, and his 'brand' of football is tedious and overrated

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
One thing I'm happy about is that after this season I think the draw for the great managers will be lessened

If they had tried to get Conte, Klopp, Guardiola, Mourinho, Mazzarri they'd be so much better but they went with David Moyes lol

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27107822

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

Well no, the popular narrative used to be that he was always going to BM and stupid little United never had a chance.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm sad that we won't have any more Moyes gifs.

The next manager won't last either. You've killed Andropov but you have to kill Chernenko too before you get Gorbachev.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Also the one time when Cleverley looked like a football player was when he was at Wigan under Martinez. I wouldn't be surprised if Martinez signs him for Everton and he turns out decent.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I didn't realise that they had to use police and stewards to protect "The Chosen One" banner from vandalism numerous times across the season. Brilliant.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

vyelkin posted:

Also the one time when Cleverley looked like a football player was when he was at Wigan under Martinez. I wouldn't be surprised if Martinez signs him for Everton and he turns out decent.
He'd do a job there for sure, especially with Barry probably not sticking around for another year.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

"It belongs in a museum!"

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

tbp posted:

e After Brendan Rodgers

He may be, but i cant stand his football or his philophies hes an awful human being and the way hes turned that exciting bayern team into a bunch of dreary turds that playact worse than his barcelona team is criminal.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

I wonder if "no more getting your dongle out" is part of his management contract.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Cleverley has always been decent for United. Would be a mistake to sell him.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Maybe the Kop will let him borrow the Football Genius one.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

He may be, but i cant stand his football or his philophies hes an awful human being and the way hes turned that exciting bayern team into a bunch of dreary turds that playact worse than his barcelona team is criminal.
when he made that diving action after Rooney got Schweini sent off I almost smashed my TV. He is a turd OP.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Yeah, he's turned the best team in the world last year into Barca 2.0 with 2 yard passes and triangles and it may win a lot of games but it's boring as gently caress.

Also I hope Giggs starts himself in every game and they lose them all 7-0 lol what a oval office

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

10 years to 10 months

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I didn't think Bayern were that boring when they tore United to pieces in the second leg of that quarter final.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I hope Ryan Giggs scores a goal before the end of the season because when I was a kid I thought he was cool and good and some of that has stuck with me even if he did sex up his sister-in-law for years without anyone knowing.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

vyelkin posted:

I'm sad that we won't have any more Moyes gifs.

The next manager won't last either. You've killed Andropov but you have to kill Chernenko too before you get Gorbachev.

Moyes has hair, though, so the next manager has to be bald.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gorn Myson posted:

I didn't think Bayern were that boring when they tore United to pieces in the second leg of that quarter final.

I dont know what match you were watching but the only time they were forceful and attacking was right after United scored and oh look they ripped us a new arsehole. For the entire 120 minutes before that it was exactly the same *pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass aimless cross that goes no-where pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass*

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

serious gaylord posted:

I dont know what match you were watching but the only time they were forceful and attacking was right after United scored and oh look they ripped us a new arsehole. For the entire 120 minutes before that it was exactly the same *pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass aimless cross that goes no-where pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass*

Yuck breaking down the opponent with tiresome passing and then ripping them apart in the end is no way to win. Hoof and hope or get in the bin.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

hes a real scumbag, if he wasnt a footballer you just know he'd be selling coke on a council estate

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

T Fowl posted:

Yuck breaking down the opponent with tiresome passing and then ripping them apart in the end is no way to win. Hoof and hope or get in the bin.

But this is completely the opposite of what they were doing. They were getting no-where. Its only when they stopped making 2 yard passes, and instead played the ball forwards, burst down the wing and put a proper driven cross in that they got anywhere.

The amount of times they got in behind the united full backs only to stop and tap it back out to the half way line would infuriate me if it was my team.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

T Fowl posted:

There are other ways of playing that don't end up with 800 passes and 2 shots on target, which is the 'Pep Way'.

loving Mourinho plays more attractive football grinding out 1-0 wins against Stoke.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

PirateBob posted:

Also if Daniel Taylor of the Guardian is to be believed, a deal was in place for Thiago Alcantara, his father had agreed to it, Utd had scouted him for 2 years, but Moyes hadn't seem him play and wasn't interested :negative:

Lmao United could have Pogba, Alcantara and Morrison in midfield and instead they have phil jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

They're a US company so major announcements have to come during NYSE opening hours or something.

Pretty sure the rule is just that they have to announce major news immediately and inform the NYSE as soon as possible. If it's after trading hours, they just have to notify them soon after opening, which doesn't really matter since the markets will have already responded anyway.

• Locked thread