Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Is the first NES Remix worth getting? I see the sequel getting better marks.

Also I am kind of taken in with Rustys Real Deal Baseball. What the gently caress is wrong with me?

If you would enjoy 2 you would enjoy 1. The games are older and less gooder but the challenges are so short you don't really get to experience the bad game design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Is the first NES Remix worth getting? I see the sequel getting better marks.

Also I am kind of taken in with Rustys Real Deal Baseball. What the gently caress is wrong with me?

1) Yes, I put ten hours into the first one getting all the stars (gently caress getting all the rainbow stars) and it was an excellent time and I'm stoked to play the formula again with a better game selection. If it seems like something you'd enjoy, I'd go for the first one since it seems like it'll be hard to go back to a worse selection of games.

2) Rusty's Real Deal is loving phenomenal, there's a ton of gameplay and challenge in every mini-game. It's kinda like what iOS games should be, a bunch of fast, simple challenges, but with the traditional Nintendo polish that sets it far above 99% of the poo poo on the Appstore. Seriously, the sound design in Rusty's is just absolutely phenomenal, you feel good as hell when you get in the rhythm of things.

Zip
Mar 19, 2006

Joramun posted:

Yeah the eShop seems to be experiencing hiccups, I downloaded the Mario Golf: World Tour demo yesterday and it also failed halfway through the first time. The second time it fully downloaded without any hitches. Didn't do anything specific to fix the problem (like charging the system) either.

So how is it? I've been dying for a new golf game? Is it three click controls or a swing system with the analog stick?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Zip posted:

So how is it? I've been dying for a new golf game? Is it three click controls or a swing system with the analog stick?

2 click or 3 click. Haven't figured out the specifics of spin or anything yet but the demo tutorial is not very detailed.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

2 click or 3 click. Haven't figured out the specifics of spin or anything yet but the demo tutorial is not very detailed.

In manual mode you put spin on the ball on the third click by hitting AA, BB, AB, or BA.

AA - Top spin
BB - Backspin
AB - Super Topspin
BA - Super Backspin

But yeah I hope the tutorial is more indepth in the full game or people are going to be lost since no one reads manuals

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Zip posted:

It's exactly like the gamecube game. A to swing, A again for power, A or B for a third time if using manual for accuracy and to set spin. AA for topspin, AB for super topspin, etc. Also, you can hold the circle pad in a direction to influence where you hit the ball. You can do all of this on the touch screen but I didn't bother finding out how it works because gently caress touch controls.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
Have Dual Destinies ever gone on sale?

I am thinking of just biting the bullet and paying full price.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

deadwing posted:

2) Rusty's Real Deal is loving phenomenal, there's a ton of gameplay and challenge in every mini-game. It's kinda like what iOS games should be, a bunch of fast, simple challenges, but with the traditional Nintendo polish that sets it far above 99% of the poo poo on the Appstore. Seriously, the sound design in Rusty's is just absolutely phenomenal, you feel good as hell when you get in the rhythm of things.
Yeah it's great. The whole dealing aspect is a quirky way of doing micro transactions while the baseball games themselves are totally solid, from the ones I've gotten at least. Are there any that are kinda meh or are they all pretty good?

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Dual Destinies went on sale in PAL land when the Layton crossover was released.

The bat making game seems to be hit or miss. I haven't spent enough time fussing with it but an earlier poster raved about it.

Gear games seems to be the worst of the lot. Balance/Tap a ball via the gyroscope and clean gloves with the touch screen. Gets frustrating quickly and it doesn't seem to carry the grounded baseball essence of the other titles.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
The Japanese Wii U shmup Gaiabreaker has been given a Oz Classification. That said, impressions have been pretty bad all around (short, bad controls, frame rate issues, among other things), so best to give it a miss, if it is released.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bonus games added to Club Nintendo from now until May 11:

F-Zero X — 200 coins (Wii Shop)
Balloon Fight — 200 coins (Wii U eShop)
Aura-Aura Climber — 100 coins (3DS eShop)
Kirby's Pinball Land — 150 coins (3DS eShop)

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Aw drat, F-Zero X rules. Best N64 racer that doesn't involve red shells.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Pope Guilty posted:

Aw drat, F-Zero X rules. Best N64 racer PERIOD.

F-Zero X is the best game in the series and one of my favorite racing games ever. It's a shame playing Wii games on the Wii U is such a stupid hassle or else I'd pick it up.

Definitely grabbing Kirby's Pinball Land, though. No reservations there!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

numerrik posted:

If we are allowed to post Wii U kickstarters, I would like to point out. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/prismaticgames/hex-heroes It is a RTS hybrid with asymmetric multiplayer, with player one having an overseer role, and 2-5 having a specialized role being directed around to resources and mosters by player 1. It looks pretty neat and is over soon.

This game hit its funding goal today, good for them. I really didn't think it was gonna make it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

This game hit its funding goal today, good for them. I really didn't think it was gonna make it.

I had to google what the gently caress "Game Grumps" are and now I am sad the game hit its funding goal.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Apr 24, 2014

Selma_Alabama
Sep 9, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

I had to goodle what the gently caress "Game Grumps" are and now I am sad the game hit its funding goal.

They're just guys who make jokes while playing games. Inoffensive.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Obnoxious internet celebrity cameos are a small price to pay for democracy, commie.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Υ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Υ

Katana Gomai posted:

I had to google what the gently caress "Game Grumps" are and now I am sad the game hit its funding goal.
Game Grumps is definitely one of those video game YouTube channels that goons either like or dislike. Personally, I'm in the latter group just because of the constant yelling (which is why I'm sure most people who don't like them feel the way they do). Although, I do like the Angry Video Game Nerd, who could be considered the father of yelling about video games on YouTube, but even in his videos when he's in character he's not constantly yelling. But hey, to each his own... :shobon:

But hey, at least from what I've seen, they're not as bad as PewPewDie (:nws: for language). So, they got that going for them. :shobon:

Obeast fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Apr 24, 2014

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Obeast posted:

Game Grumps is definitely one of those video game YouTube channels that goons either like or dislike. Personally, I'm in the latter group just because of the constant yelling (which is why I'm sure most people who don't like them feel the way they do). Although, I do like the Angry Video Game Nerd, who could be considered the father of yelling about video games on YouTube, but even in his videos when he's in character he's not constantly yelling. But hey, to each his own... :shobon:

They seem to fall into the wide spectrum of fat Youtubers who use cartoon representations of themselves to not seem quite as fat, and that's about as far as I'm willing to explore this subject.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Even if they had to slot in a bunch of cameos to try and raise awareness, I'm glad the game hit its funding goal. Really hoping it proves a decent RTS on the gamepad, because I'd like to see the control scheme encouraged.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I think they have a PC beta going out to some backers, but I only put in enough for a copy of the game on Wii U, since there are two other $15 games for Wii U that I backed this week. Either way, after talking with the creator on his DKC2 stream, I am happy they made it, he seems like a chill dude with a pretty cool idea.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Katana Gomai posted:

fat Youtubers who use cartoon representations of themselves to not seem quite as fat

I'll have you know that Danny Sexbang (aka the good Game Grump) is the pinnacle of resplendent manliness.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Arin, the other one, isn't fat either. He's actually a pretty fit dude from what I've seen. Plus there is very rarely screaming (especially since Jon left.)

I dunno, I feel like people are kind of reaching to find things to dislike about them because I feel like as far as people who became successful off talking over videogames on Youtube, the GameGrumps are some of the only ones that actually deserve their success. I mean come on if you're going to hate on someone hate on Pewdiepie or Smosh or some other Youtube personality with no talent that inexplicably gets views.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Arin got really fat in the past little while, seems like.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of April 24):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    NES Remix 2 - €9.99 / £8.49
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Super Mario Kart digital promotion - buy Super Mario Kart on the VC, get a €7.99 / £5.49 discount on Mario Kart 8! Starts May 30, ends June 30.

3DS eSHOP
    Sayonara UmiharaKawase - €24.99 / £19.99
    Bit Boy!! ARCADE - €7.99 / £7.19
DSiWARE
    Sea Battle (NES) - 200 Points / €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Mario Golf World Tour on the eShop, get Mario Golf (GBC) for free! (promo runs from May 2-29)
    Nintendo Pocket Football Club (3DS eShop) - €11.99 / £10.79 until May 1
    4 Elements (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8
    Jewel Quest Mysteries 3: The Seventh Gate (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8
    Jewel Quest 4 Heritage (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8
    Luxor (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8
    Secret Mysteries in London (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8

NA update (week of April 24):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    NES Remix 2 - $14.99 (April 25)
    Child of Light - $14.99 (April 29)
    Ava and Avior Save The Earth - $?
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island (GBA) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Flowerworks HD: Follie's Adventure (Wii U) - $3.50 until March 15

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Gardening Mama 2: Forest Friends - $29.99
    Legend of Oz: Dorothy's Return - $?
    Mario Golf: World Tour (demo)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst - $5.99
    Me and my Furry Patients - $?
    Ava and Avior Save The Earth - $?
DSiWARE
    Sea Battle (NES) - 200 Points / $1.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Chain Blaster (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until April 27
    Crazy Construction (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until April 27
    Escape from Zombie City (3DS eShop) - $1.99 until April 27
    Jump Trials Supreme (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until April 27
    Undead Bowling (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until April 27
    Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition (3DS) - $14.99 until May 1
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Art Academy: First Semester (DSiWare) - 200 Coins, available until May 11
    Aura-Aura Climber (DSiWare) - 100 Coins, available until May 11
    Balloon Fight (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until May 11
    F-ZERO X (Wii VC) - 200 Coins, available until May 11
    Kirby's Pinball Land (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until May 11
    Mario Golf (Wii VC) - 250 Coins, available until May 11
    Super Mario World (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until May 11
    Trajectile (DSiWare) - 200 Coins, available until May 11

As always, the NA press release is incomplete, so if you notice any sales/details I've missed, post 'em.

No idea why NES Remix 2 is coming out tomorrow in NA instead of today, but whatever.

For those who don't know, Child of Light is a sidescrolling RPG from many of the people who made Far Cry 3, using the Rayman UbiArt engine, so it'll definitely be nice to look at, if nothing else. It'll be out in PAL-land next week, too, NOA just lists things differently to NOE, hence why it's only mentioned on one press release.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

NES Remix 2 is a Friday release (25/8) in PAL land as well, like all Nintendo first party titles except for Pokιmon X/Y, so they probably just adapted to that day for the US. Either way, game should be on the eshop in 8 1/2 hours for PAL.

snickles
Mar 27, 2010
Metroid: Other M club nintendo code for anyone who hasn't claimed the points for it yet: PRR-QU9U-UAWS-JSR.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

snickles posted:

Metroid: Other M club nintendo code for anyone who hasn't claimed the points for it yet: PRR-QU9U-UAWS-JSR.

Lurked, but thanks!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I have been amassing a sweet collection of Gameboy games using Club Nintendo Points. Kirby's Pinball Land, here I come!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Have they ever done a monthly bonus for CN games? That's pretty neat.

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO
Is F-Zero X worth my 200 coins if I already have GX for the Gamecube?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Purple D. Link posted:

Is F-Zero X worth my 200 coins if I already have GX for the Gamecube?

If you really like GX and don't mind reduced visuals it is definitely worth it. There are a ton of great courses and the X mode randomizer creates some amusing weirdness. Plus DEATH RACE.

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO

MassRafTer posted:

If you really like GX and don't mind reduced visuals it is definitely worth it. There are a ton of great courses and the X mode randomizer creates some amusing weirdness. Plus DEATH RACE.
Alright, I'll give it a try then. Thanks. :)

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Denpa Men 3 is getting a May 8th release in both regions, with a 30-use demo coming next week.

Champeenship fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 24, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Have they ever done a monthly bonus for CN games? That's pretty neat.

They only did it this time as an apology for some shipping error/delay.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NES Remix 2 is up.

Champeenship posted:

Denpa Men 3 is getting a May 8th release in both regions, with a 30-use demo coming next week.

Nicalis/Kemco's mega-budget JRPG Grinsia is out next week in NA, too, in case anyone cares.

Picross e4 should be out next week, at least in NA.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Got a chance to try out the Mario Golf demo. It seems like it's going to be really good. Those games have always been slower paced than the other Mario sports games but it pays off when you hit a good shot.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Both versions of Mega Man Battle Network 3 (GBA) have been OFLC-rated for Wii U. Why 3?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

NES Remix 2 is up.

Not in US yet unfortunately, would have liked to play a bit before work tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Both versions of Mega Man Battle Network 3 (GBA) have been OFLC-rated for Wii U. Why 3?

3 was the best-selling Battle Network that wasn't a complete utter shitpile.