Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Theatrhythm Curtain Call just got confirmed for a US release. Not really a shock but it's still pretty awesome news
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6OG9vWOdlg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Does this version include the DLC? Because I was a bit putoff by the 3DS version having more DLC than the price of the base game. I understand with rock band where you're paying licensing fees per song but... it's Square Enix songs in a Square Enix game.

200+ songs is a lot though drat.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

It'll have DLC in the future, but as of now it's got all the previous songs from Theatrhythm 1 and the iOS port, including DLC.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Is there a song list somewhere? Will we finally have A New World?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Dunno but it does have at least 8 kicks in the dick in the form of 7 Type 0 songs and at least 1 Romancing SaGa 3 song. Doesn't really matter that much because https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUGDp39srk0 this is in it and that's where I'll be spending the bulk of my time with the game.
EDIT: After checking this I can confirm that yeah, A New World is in it.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Kalenn Istarion posted:

:wtc:

I guess I need to play this game at some point.

Also, I'm only just now playing FFV through for the first time. Am I going to be horribly handicapped for FJF when it comes around? I don't even think I've unlocked all the jobs yet.

I can't think of a single reason your reaction to that should be "I guess I should play this game"

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's kinda weird playing FFX-2 HD after playing X HD since I played the hell out of X before, but never played 2. I really dig the music in 2 so far but I think might take me a wrap my head around the dress spheres and grids.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

TARDISman posted:

Dunno but it does have at least 8 kicks in the dick in the form of 7 Type 0 songs and at least 1 Romancing SaGa 3 song. Doesn't really matter that much because https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUGDp39srk0 this is in it and that's where I'll be spending the bulk of my time with the game.
EDIT: After checking this I can confirm that yeah, A New World is in it.

Wow, that'S a pretty ncie track list. They could use a few mroe Romancing SaGa songs (such as Passionate Rhythm but otherwise that'S great! And yeah, FF Mystic Quest has a great ost.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

KDdidit posted:

It's kinda weird playing FFX-2 HD after playing X HD since I played the hell out of X before, but never played 2. I really dig the music in 2 so far but I think might take me a wrap my head around the dress spheres and grids.
It's more or less the other way around for me. I played and beat FFX when it was new, and while I chewed my way through some of the monster area, I haven't touched it since I finished it. On the other hand, I have probably played rather more than the recommended allowance of FFX-2 and periodically messed around in it all the way until 2008 or 2010 or something absurd like that. I think I only stopped once I lost my memory card while moving. So for me, FFX HD was the first time I was old enough to actually appreciate the plot, whereas with X-2, while I'm enjoying the new dresspheres and Creature Creator, really I'm just dreading goddamn Sphere Break again.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

TARDISman posted:

It'll have DLC in the future, but as of now it's got all the previous songs from Theatrhythm 1 and the iOS port, including DLC.
Day one purchase. Hell, I'd give them money for it RIGHT NOW if they asked.

E: vvvvvvvvvvvvv
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN RIDE ON THIS CHOCOBO?

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 22, 2014

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

No Crazy Chocobo, will not buy :colbert:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Day one purchase. Hell, I'd give them money for it RIGHT NOW if they asked.

E: vvvvvvvvvvvvv
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN RIDE ON THIS CHOCOBO?

gently caress that loving gently caress gently caress poo poo song

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Occupation posted:

What is wrong with you

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Occupation posted:

Lmao look at this loser who can't even ride that chocobo

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

What is wrong with you

Eternity is also loving garbage and ironically liking it doesn't make it better

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Occupation posted:

Somebody didn't put their chocobucks on that chocobo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Occupation posted:

Everyone point and laugh at the scrub who can't handle the crazy chocobo.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Occupation posted:

You are insane. Actually insane! Eternity is both ironically good and unironically rockin'.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Eternity is great because poo poo like Deep Purple is the wellspring from which all overwrought RPG music springs, so it's a reduction to first principles.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Occupation posted:

:getout:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You are insane. Actually insane! Eternity is both ironically good and unironically rockin'.

This guy knows what is up, you're cool guy.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Occupation posted:

I bet you hate Metal Gear Rising's soundtrack too, don't you? Such a shame.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

S-Alpha posted:

I bet you hate Metal Gear Rising's soundtrack too, don't you? Such a shame.

Metal gear rising is a triumph in videogame soundtracks. And in bein a videogame. Mgr is a triumph

The metal gear ray fight is one of the best things I have ever experienced

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you hate Crazy Chocobo and Eternity then I hate you. Both of those tracks are unironically amazing, especially since they got the guy who did DMC3's music vocals for Crazy Chocobo.

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.
Final Fantasy Megathread: Are we in hell? I don't know.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

fronz posted:

I can't think of a single reason your reaction to that should be "I guess I should play this game"

Some people really like futa.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

TARDISman posted:

Theatrhythm Curtain Call just got confirmed for a US release. Not really a shock but it's still pretty awesome news

Got an email about this, had a link to Amazon.com where it's available for pre-order.

Release date is December 31, 2014. :psyduck:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

W.T. Fits posted:

Got an email about this, had a link to Amazon.com where it's available for pre-order.

Release date is December 31, 2014. :psyduck:

Almost certainly a placeholder date. It's pretty meaningless.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Occupation posted:

This, folks, is the epitome of a wrong opinion post.

While disappointed that Crazy Chocobo isn't in the sequel, I'm with those who are in for a day one purchase. :getin:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

ShadeofDante posted:

Final Fantasy Megathread: Are we in hell? I don't know.

Final Fantasy Megathread: Every song is the worst song in the series.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Krad posted:

Final Fantasy Megathread: Every song is the worst song in the series.

Once again, XIII claims that crown, if only by virtue of including Leona Lewis' "My Hands" as the ending track.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

fronz posted:

More for the other commentary around the story being great, and less for the boss character's outfit choices. On re-reading my post I could see how that wasn't clear.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If anything that makes it the best.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

TARDISman posted:

Where's Dragon Quest VII? Where's FF: Type 0? Where's a new Tactics game? Where're the remakes of V/VI we were teased for the 3DS?

We get a loving music game instead? Thanks, SE!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Mog posted:

Where's Dragon Quest VII? Where's FF: Type 0? Where's a new Tactics game? Where're the remakes of V/VI we were teased for the 3DS?

We get a loving music game instead? Thanks, SE!
They saw potential profit in this. They did not see potential profit in those other things you mentioned. They are a business that exists to make profit.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Also music game is better than all of that except maybe Type 0 and a new Tactics.

Remakes are boring. Music is cool.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
How dare they localize a game with so little text an intern could crap it out in a weekend. How dare they.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Mog posted:

Where's Dragon Quest VII? Where's FF: Type 0?

Uh, they're both out?

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Quest-...n+quest+vii+3ds
http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy...+Fantasy+Type-0

It's right there, waiting for you to play it.

EDIT: vvvvvvvvvvvvv I never would have guessed.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 22, 2014

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005
He means US releases.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Francis posted:

How dare they localize a game with so little text an intern could crap it out in a weekend. How dare they.

The fact that it took a piddling amount of time to localize is inconsequential. They have a lot of cool games in Japan they are just flat-out refusing to release in favor of smaller Guitar Hero knockoffs and mobile crap. Nintendo released Bravely Default, not SE. They're almost completely ignoring mobile gamers in the West this gen.

The 3DS & the PS Vita have been out for years now in the West and what have they released? Barely anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Hell, for the latter, there's even a fan translation patch being released.
I'm somewhat disappointed that it seems to be fairly competent.

I was hoping for the usual clusterfuck of not-translated Japanese honourifics, and word-for-word, stilted literal transcriptions of what is being said.