Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kewpuh posted:

Seems kind of pointless really. Everyone that owns a Wii U is already going to buy the drat game.

It could help with pre-release word of mouth to maybe sell a few more Wii Us. They have literally nothing else going on so they might as well try anything they can, even if it makes a small difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Quest For Glory II posted:

That would definitely be a surprise since Nintendo rarely puts out demos of their games ever. I think Mario Golf is the first one to get one on 3DS since......... uh.. maybe it's the first one.

Nah. As mentioned, there was FE, as well as Dream Team, Chibi Robo, Rusty's Real Deal (technically), Steel Diver (sorta'), Harmoknight, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, aaaaaand Brain Age: Concetration Training.

It's true, though, they don't put out demos for boxed titles particularly often. The only Nintendo title on the Wii U eshop with a demo is The Wonderful 101 (and you can debate that since it's only published by them).

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

According to reviews, NES Remix 2 still has input lag :/

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Dreamteam and the Pokemon rougelite had a demo as well.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

According to reviews, NES Remix 2 still has input lag :/

Did the first one? I did not notice it at all.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It did and it was really bad in some challenges like the ones where Mario is always moving. The Wii U gamepad generally has never had input lag but it has it in NES Remix. It's weird.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
So, we can add at least one more thing to the list of ports the Wii U will be getting later this year (presumably). Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2.

How well did the first one even do? All I can find are vgchartz numbers and, well, vgchartz.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

It did and it was really bad in some challenges like the ones where Mario is always moving. The Wii U gamepad generally has never had input lag but it has it in NES Remix. It's weird.

Does using a Wii remote/Classic controller fix it? I personally never noticed it though, even when I played the runner Mario stages off TV.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Charles Martel posted:

Ours didn't have any systems, but we found one brand new copy of Nintendo Land on "clearance" for $19.99. We quickly bought it and had a blast with it earlier tonight. $20 seems like the perfect price for it.

I called two local Sears about the consoles earlier today and both of the reps I spoke two went from being happy and chipper to super annoyed when I asked about it. I am guessing that they got a lot of calls about it. And neither had them in stock of course.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

My order was cancelled, unfortunately. I was getting it for a friend as a birthday present :(

Hopefully The Wonderful 101 will be discounted again sometime.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
If there is one Wii U game everybody needs to buy at full price, it's, well it's probably Mario 3D World but it should be Wonderful 101!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wonderful 101 is $12 at every Toys R Us right now. Even if it isn't marked, it comes up at that price when scanned. You all better get a copy at that price.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Looper posted:

If there is one Wii U game everybody needs to buy at full price, it's, well it's probably Mario 3D World but it should be Wonderful 101!

I'm not even sure you can anymore. The game got price dropped to $30 like a month or so ago.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

SeANMcBAY posted:

Wonderful 101 is $12 at every Toys R Us right now. Even if it isn't marked, it comes up at that price when scanned. You all better get a copy at that price.

This must be emphasized, Wonderful 101 is the best game on the system.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Yeah if you don't buy it at that price you're a big ol' dope. It's The Best Game.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Every Toys R Us, or just American locations?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

BottledBodhisvata posted:

This must be emphasized, Wonderful 101 is the best game on the system.

No, Zombi U

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kewpuh posted:

No, Zombi U

That's also on sale at Toys R Us for $22.

Go to Toys R Us, guys.

Cake Attack posted:

Every Toys R Us, or just American locations?

Call and see if they're holding a "green tag" sale.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Nintendo Land is still the reason to own a Wii U in my opinion. Animal Crossing Sweet Day, man. Motherfucking Animal Crossing Sweet Day. Five player in that is hands down the most fun I've had playing a video game.

kimpira
Jul 11, 2012
Thanks for the heads up about the Toys R Us clearance sale! As other people have said, I was able to pick up Wonderful 101 for $12 even though it didn't have a clearance sticker on it. I also got Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper for $8.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Looks like I need to swing by TRU again tomorrow. I went today to look at W101, but a) it didn't have a clearance sticker and b) when scanned, it came up as "Price not found" so I balked at it because it was a quick stop on the errands list and I wasn't sure how long it'd take to resolve that issue. However, I did get a copy of NCAA 14 that was mislabeled with a green sticker for $12 so that was a win I suppose. (The sticker on it said NCAA 13, so I found an employee "Hey, so that says NCAA 13 on the sticker, is it mislabeled?" "Hmm..yep, it sure is. Our bad, we'll give it to you for the price it says.")

They had three copies of W101 left so I hope no one came in after me :ohdear:

Thanks for the heads up (doubly so with the check for price without sticker part), thread.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

GameXplain uploaded 1-lap playthroughs of all 16 tracks that'll be available from the start in Mario Kart 8. No commentary or anything, so don't worry about it if you're bothered by the guy's voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGhLRezM_C8

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

NES Remix director on future Remix games for other systems and third-party games:

quote:

Well personally I'm a fan of [Castlevania, Contra, and Mega Man], and I like them a lot. If there's a big enough outpouring of support for these titles, it's something I'd like to take a look at... If we get a big enough cry for that, with a lot of people saying, "Hey, we'd love to see more of these perhaps for the SNES, Game Boy or Game Boy Advance," then it would be something we can take a look at.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

NES Remix director on future Remix games for other systems and third-party games:

I would love a Remix game for all the Nintendo consoles. Time to spam Miiverse. :v:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Doing a SNES Remix could potentially add a lot more depth to the challenges. Honestly at this point though I enjoyed the first one so much I'll buy every Remix game from here on out.

The Born Approx.
Oct 30, 2011
Woah, Remix 2 also includes a full mirror mode of SMB? That's pretty sweet, and it'll be cool if they keep doing more large-scale remixes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My Toys R Us is sold out of Wonderful 101. :(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Europe's getting the Peach Wiimote and a Yoshi Wiimote for good measure:

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Europe also confirmed the Mario Kart 8 bundles that were leaked a little while back, the UK online store lists it for £249.99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzaSC0uUPF0

The Brits can also get these Mario or Luigi themed bundles for £299.99.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
God dammit if it weren't for the fact I already have a Wii U, I would totally want one of those. If only for the hats.

But yeah, should be interesting to see if anywhere else gets these too - I don't recall that three game mega Mario bundle being sold elsewhere.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Europe's getting the Peach Wiimote and a Yoshi Wiimote for good measure:

What about the Toad remote?? :(

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

ETB posted:

What about the Toad remote?? :(

Toad does have his own 3DS.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Joramun posted:

Toad does have his own 3DS.

Ummmm want. Region locked though, I bet. :smith:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

JordanKai posted:

GameXplain uploaded 1-lap playthroughs of all 16 tracks that'll be available from the start in Mario Kart 8. No commentary or anything, so don't worry about it if you're bothered by the guy's voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGhLRezM_C8

Oh boy, underwater sections in a racing game. :geno:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

YourAverageJoe posted:

Those were introduced in MK7, it's not like the controls get all wonky like in underwater platforming levels.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Those were introduced in MK7, it's not like the controls get all wonky like in underwater platforming levels.

But there were more "floaty" physics, if I remember correctly.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 24, 2014

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

YourAverageJoe posted:

Some of those underwater sections seem really shoehorned in, yeah, but that being said the game looks absolutely gorgeous and I'm such a Mario Kart geek that the prospect of playing it in HD is almost too much to resist a Wii U and Day 1 purchase

Although those anti-gravity sections just make me want a new F-Zero that much more :(

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

YourAverageJoe posted:

I never had a problem with them in 7, the floaty physics let you make higher jumps underwater.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

They make you and everyone else go slow, with no way around them. That doesn't seem all that fun in a racing game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

YourAverageJoe posted:

They make you and everyone else go slow, with no way around them. That doesn't seem all that fun in a racing game.

Did you play 7? The water sections were fine.

• Locked thread