Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Yellow curry
http://megabeastempire.wordpress.com/2014/04/19/after-v-02/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I always feel bad for straight men. This is no different.

Frost Ace
Oct 26, 2010
Are any of the OOOs movies worth watching? I just finished the series and I'd love to see more Ankh and Cakeboss.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Frost Ace posted:

Are any of the OOOs movies worth watching? I just finished the series and I'd love to see more Ankh and Cakeboss.

It seems like generally people aren't too fond of the OOO movies. Even the people who loved the show. I think the Wonderful 21 Cores or whatever was supposed to be pretty good though.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Frost Ace posted:

Megamax is. Granted half of it is Fourze, but the OOO part is pretty unoffensive, unlike the OOO part of Core.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Waiting for Gaim release is Wizard tier despair :negative:

On a more on topic topic, does anyone know of a way to watch Go Busters in a less :files: way?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Solaris Knight posted:

Waiting for Gaim release is Wizard tier despair :negative:

On a more on topic topic, does anyone know of a way to watch Go Busters in a less :files: way?

I think most of the streams are the TV-Nihon version.
:negative:

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Solaris Knight posted:

On a more on topic topic, does anyone know of a way to watch Go Busters in a less :filez: way?

Yeah sure. Import the Blu-rays or DVDs. If you also want to understand them, you may need to spend a couple years learning Japanese.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Frost Ace posted:

The actual OOOs movie is pretty decent, and has an awesome moment by Cakeboss in particular.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Eiji looks pretty rugged in Ultimatum.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

V-Men posted:

Eiji looks pretty rugged in Ultimatum.

Look, when you're not living it up in some crazy restaurant owner's above shop apartment the Hobo life is really hard. ESPECIALLY when you've got a ghost hand of your really close friend floating around, taunting you.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Man, ToQGer just keeps getting...less and less likable.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 21, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rei_ posted:

Yeah between the boring characters, the lackluster fights, and...well everything about Wagon skeeving me right the gently caress out, I'm finding it hard and harder to care about the show. I'll try to give it till the debut of the special ranger like I normally do but I doubt it'll do something impressive by then.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

It's almost as if a show about train themed sentai where the only gimmick is that they change color for no real reason and the giant robot is an ugly mess would be totally unappealing to adults.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

In summary this season veers way to to children than normal and is probably not changing. Well its gonna be a long year.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

RBX posted:

In summary this season veers way to to children than normal and is probably not changing. Well its gonna be a long year.

If you didn't see this coming from the sharp left turn from GoBusters to Kyoryuger, I dunno what to tell you.

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

It's almost as if a show about train themed sentai where the only gimmick is that they change color for no real reason

In the last two episodes (haven't seen this week's), they used the gimmick strategically and not just because Right felt like being pink or somebody wanted to use someone else's weapon. So it looks like that might be changing at least.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

RBX posted:

And yet, there's Wagon.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Adnachiel posted:

In the last two episodes (haven't seen this week's), they used the gimmick strategically and not just because Right felt like being pink or somebody wanted to use someone else's weapon. So it looks like that might be changing at least.

Yeah, I was really happy to see this. I think the first couple episodes of everyone swapping colors willy nilly was just to establish the concept and make sure viewers (read: small children) understand what these rangers can do. Now we get fun stuff like the KENDAMA GIRL! sequence and the Tokatti fake-out.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Dr Tran posted:

And yet, there's Wagon.

Who somehow manages to be creepier and more hosed up than a girl robot literally named Colon.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rei_ posted:

Who somehow manages to be creepier and more hosed up than a girl robot literally named Colon.

She has handle bars on her back and head and has big painted lips. Without getting into her personality, which is the creepiest poo poo about her, her visual design is just...wrong.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

She has handle bars on her back and head and has big painted lips. Without getting into her personality, which is the creepiest poo poo about her, her visual design is just...wrong.
Strangely enough, I wouldn't mind Wagon's design so much if it wasn't for the lips.

She's no Naomi though...

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

RBX posted:

Kyoryuger was pretty much exactly as childish as this show is so far. So far being the key word, since the last train show Kobayashi worked on wasn't exactly sunshine and rainbows past the midway point.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Justin_Brett posted:

Kyoryuger was pretty much exactly as childish as this show is so far. So far being the key word, since the last train show Kobayashi worked on wasn't exactly sunshine and rainbows past the midway point.
Key difference is that Kyoryuger was like Pixy Stix for your inner child, ToQger is Raisin Bran.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I don't get why everyone's down on TQG, it's not exactly setting the world on fire like Gaim, but it's nice to chill out and enjoy some train robot action once a week, especially during crunch time for most students.

Solaris Knight fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 22, 2014

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I recall a similar thing happening with Goseiger when it wasn't as good as Shinkenger.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Solaris Knight posted:

I don't get why everyone's down on TQG, it's not exactly setting the world on fire on Gaim, but it's nice to chill out and enjoy some train robot action once a week, especially during crunch time for most students.

Personally I like it, but I never really expect very much from sentai, it hasn't really evolved from the same monster of the week formula in decades so it's easier to forgive how plot light it is. I don't expect a whole lot from my half hour toy commercials.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Solaris Knight posted:

I don't get why everyone's down on TQG, it's not exactly setting the world on fire on Gaim, but it's nice to chill out and enjoy some train robot action once a week, especially during crunch time for most students.

I think it's a combination of following Kyoryuger (which was a pretty fun show, the robots were cool and the cast was very nice) and airing alongside Gaim (which is a great show in general so far). If we'd gotten Kyoryuger and TQG swapped, it would have seemed much better, both in comparison to Wizard, and following GoBus which was a divisive season.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
This is getting ridiculous.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

^^^^ AHAHAHAH. That thing is hideous. Oh my god.

Solaris Knight posted:

It's a boring sentai coming off the heels of 3 good ones and it's paired up with the best rider show we've seen in a long time.

It'd be an okay show in normal circumstance at best, but it's positioning makes it a slog to watch.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I can't wait until episode 40. The final clusterfuck will be magnificent.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
It's not just us adults either. I brought my four year old to Japan last month, and we went to the toy store, and he took one look at the ToQger mech and did not want it at all. They had removed all the Kyoruger toys too, so we ended up going to Amazon JP and buying Bragigas online.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Good lord. Maybe they'll spread the support cars between the two main mechs so its slightly less of a clusterfuck?

EDIT: I mean, regular ToqOh grew on me, and with Diesel as the base the proportions are a little more normal, but everything together...oy.

Fooley fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 22, 2014

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Ohgod I think it'll be worth resuming watching just for this.
That's magnificent.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This is so stupid; it's perfect. :shepface:

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The name of the combined final form is literally "Chou Chou ToQ Daioh". You can't make poo poo like that up.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
Samurai Ha Oh 2.0

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Twistys Rapture posted:

Samurai Ha Oh 2.0

You mean Engine-O G12 Mark 3 :colbert:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Simon The Digger posted:

The name of the combined final form is literally "Chou Chou ToQ Daioh". You can't make poo poo like that up.

Oh my god you really can't. I would have sworn you were joking but god drat that really is its name.

I love TQG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You mean Engine-O G12 Mark 3 :colbert:

There's no big piece of poo poo hanging off its back

• Locked thread