Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I got some good play time in yesterday. I think most of the things I find frustrating about the game are all related to conquest. Solution? Don't play conquest, have actual fun playing obliteration and tdm. Conquest is alright in small doses, but a bad map or a bad team can really ruin it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

a foolish pianist posted:

Does everyone but me hate BF4 now? I still think it's fun.

I loving LOVE BF4 and have a blast every time I play.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Snackpack Backpack posted:

Talking about Bad Company 2 with Rhenasaurus a couple nights ago made me want to go back and play a few rounds. If anyone else on PS3 feels like having fun playing rush (:swoon:Laguna Presa), I'll probably hop on sometime this week.

In a parallel universe, we'd be getting BF4 versions of all those awesome BC2 Rush maps. But EA isn't trying to build TF2-like communities where there's reason to stick around. They want you to (be in a mind state where you are always looking forward to a) purchase (of) the next iteration of the franchise. Otherwise, custom servers and bugs-zapping would be a higher priority. It's kinda sad, but hey, that's their business model. EA's view is that they need to chug forward at a constant pace, even if they have a good thing on their hands. Isn't there already a new Battlefield on the way later this year? Seems silly.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Linedance posted:

I got some good play time in yesterday. I think most of the things I find frustrating about the game are all related to conquest. Solution? Don't play conquest, have actual fun playing obliteration and tdm. Conquest is alright in small doses, but a bad map or a bad team can really ruin it.

Played obliteration and my 360 froze on Siege of Shanghai.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

crondaily posted:

Played obliteration and my 360 froze on Siege of Shanghai.

For 360 it seems like I only enjoy playing Domination and Rush since they are small enough to feel like anything is really going on. Just be sure to leave when Dawnbreaker comes up because that'll freeze the 360 every drat time, usually around the last cap of the game :dice:

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Holy gently caress Irish just jump on a grenade please.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Moochewmoo posted:

Holy gently caress Irish just jump on a grenade please.

You can do one better and get one of the better LMGs in the game if you finish the campaign.

Alternatively, stop playing the campaign. It is terrible.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Xbros in the cool kids group, take this XO7 off my hands. I never use the drat thing, nobody will give me money for it, I'll give it away to a good home.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What's a X07? Do I want it?

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
quick question, if I buy Premium can I use it on multiple accounts on the same PS4?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

RCarr posted:

What's a X07? Do I want it?

Turtle Beach headset. It's alright. If you can, I'd wait until they release a headset that gets power via USB, current TB's do not support sidetone or surround sound.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Rcarr it's free and way better than the stock headset, so yes. Yes you do.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Lazyfire posted:

You can do one better and get one of the better LMGs in the game if you finish the campaign.

Alternatively, stop playing the campaign. It is terrible.

I actually watched your LP of it and at one point I think I said "Oh he can't be that bad" but no you were absolutely correct. Nothing he does or says makes sense, And oh god you were so right. The model collision during cut scenes is oddly janky.

My favorite was when Irish stops to not run over some lady during the second level, but not 5 Seconds later I watch him clip the van through an entire crowd of civilians.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pudgygiant posted:

Rcarr it's free and way better than the stock headset, so yes. Yes you do.

OK! If you are in the generous mood, I'd love it. :)

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

PM me your address, I'll get it out in the next couple days

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Bigsteve posted:

quick question, if I buy Premium can I use it on multiple accounts on the same PS4?

Yes, I have Premium on my account and when others play when logged in as themselves, they get all the expansions.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Moochewmoo posted:

I actually watched your LP of it and at one point I think I said "Oh he can't be that bad" but no you were absolutely correct. Nothing he does or says makes sense, And oh god you were so right. The model collision during cut scenes is oddly janky.

My favorite was when Irish stops to not run over some lady during the second level, but not 5 Seconds later I watch him clip the van through an entire crowd of civilians.

I'm sorry, if you've seen this game played and still feel the need to play the single player you are like, fundamentally broken in some way.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Lazyfire posted:

I'm sorry, if you've seen this game played and still feel the need to play the single player you are like, fundamentally broken in some way.

To be fair I mostly listened to it! Though truthfully I wanted to see the train wreck for myself, and I'm getting some gun unlocks at the end so there is that.

I now have to redo the entire dam level because after some how missing a jump across a gap and falling to my death, the game check points me as I fall to my doom putting me in some sort of hell loop.

I think I'll stop hurting myself tonight and try some multiplayer. I'll just be doing the base game maps so if anyone feels like playing add PSN: Woodshelf and can maybe teach me a thing or two.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

a foolish pianist posted:

Does everyone but me hate BF4 now? I still think it's fun.

I love it but I enjoy taking jabs at how hosed up it is as much as the next guy. Doesn't change that it's probably my favorite game to play online since Bad Company 2 (I didn't like BF3 as much for some reason). It's just cathartic to bitch about lag and bullshit deaths because it happens so much.

It's been cool to see a few people back playing on PS4 as well as some new faces. I haven't had to play with pubs in over a week :toot:

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 22, 2014

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

I love it but I enjoy taking jabs at how hosed up it is as much as the next guy. Doesn't change that it's probably my favorite game to play online since Bad Company 2 (I didn't like BF3 as much for some reason). It's just cathartic to bitch about lag and bullshit deaths because it happens so much.

It's been cool to see a few people back playing on PS4 as well as some new faces. I haven't had to play with pubs in over a week :toot:

Lucky. GMT is maximum pubbie timezone.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

NESguerilla posted:

I'm glad to see activity too; I just got BF4 a couple of weeks ago and the first few days of just wading in wiht pubbies was a disaster, even in Team Deathmatch.

Even playing with folks who are only coordinating to the tune of "Hey let's all go to C" and actually doing it makes the game so very much better. I've been having a lot of fun the past few days.

I know there's a Goon Platoon; is there anyone maintaining it? Is there any benefit to being in a platoon other than having more data in Battlelog?

Has anyone had any experience with the VoIP between commanders and squad leaders? If used well, I imagine that could be quite a useful tool.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Moochewmoo posted:

I think I'll stop hurting myself tonight and try some multiplayer. I'll just be doing the base game maps so if anyone feels like playing add PSN: Woodshelf and can maybe teach me a thing or two.

the mother loving original post posted:

How do I find goons to play with slash look at some Internet numbers?
Please don’t make a whole post that just says, “I’m playing now if anyone is interested.” We have a system here for organizing goon games. First, register yourself at battlefieldgoons.com. Your stats will be pulled from the API at the excellent Dominik Herbst site, bf4stats.com, and added to our goon database. Next, go back to the front page and set the platform filter to your console and the sort to either hours played or last seen. Send friend requests to some of the top dudes. The friends list size limits have been raised in both new consoles. This effectively eliminates the need for metatags, and so they have been retired. Apologies to any inconvenience caused to 360 players, but there are probably few enough of you that you can all just friend each other under the cap anyway. After you have friended everyone you can use the new Battlelog integration to join games. Theoretically you can also join the party chat, but those systems are hopefully being revised as they are fairly lousy right now on both new systems.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Beelzebozo posted:

READ THE OP YOU IDIOT

Uh... sorry about that. :downs:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

DopeGhoti posted:

I'm glad to see activity too; I just got BF4 a couple of weeks ago and the first few days of just wading in wiht pubbies was a disaster, even in Team Deathmatch.

Even playing with folks who are only coordinating to the tune of "Hey let's all go to C" and actually doing it makes the game so very much better. I've been having a lot of fun the past few days.

I know there's a Goon Platoon; is there anyone maintaining it? Is there any benefit to being in a platoon other than having more data in Battlelog?

Has anyone had any experience with the VoIP between commanders and squad leaders? If used well, I imagine that could be quite a useful tool.

You have to train pubbies like the braindead animals they are. Which means spawning on them and endlessly throwing smoke/fb grenades so they'll leave the spawn in the MAA or stop being recon babies on the edge of the map. Or at least they'll rage quit and you'll get to roll the dice with a new one. Smoke grenades are the most fun for just ruining campouts :gooncamp: Like C on Shanghai, or the top of the hotel in Hainan. If your team has 8 guys waiting for the elevator to open, pop all the smoke. And smoke/FB reload instantly from ammo crates, too.

I also saw a pubby ghostride another pubby recon yesterday, it was glorious.

E: Speaking of which, Does anyone on PS4ce want to team up? I need to grind attack jets for the Phantom Program unlocks, and it would be nice to get someone competent in an MAA to keep skylords off my back. And I want to set up a wall of air mines on a roof to get that unlock.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 22, 2014

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Moochewmoo posted:

To be fair I mostly listened to it! Though truthfully I wanted to see the train wreck for myself, and I'm getting some gun unlocks at the end so there is that.

I now have to redo the entire dam level because after some how missing a jump across a gap and falling to my death, the game check points me as I fall to my doom putting me in some sort of hell loop.

This is where I decided to stop. I remember one of the ai say 'you gotta make that jump!' So I tried and it made me die over and over until I turned off my xbox.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I'm closing in on your KDR Caesius. Soon I will be number 1!!!

(it helps that I almost never leave vehicles anymore)

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Lazyfire posted:

Dem cheevos, brah.

At least I only have to do Tashgar and Suez. And then Suez one more time. I just barely managed to score 20,000 points in Singapore by getting a multikill on those four guys at the very end of the level. gently caress that.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
The game saves a checkpoint before the final scene right before you choose Irish/Hannah/Do nothing. Quit the game just before that (Like in Baku :hurr:), and make another copy of your save file.
Go back in and finish the game, then quit after getting the unlock for that ending, restore the save game backup, and repeat without having to play the complete final mission.

This is the bit where someone tells me the save games are protected and can't be copied isn't it?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Nick scrubguy other 360 guys what's up haven't played in a while let's do something be it bf3 or 4 or dark swoles

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
I just had some magical rounds on Naval Strike conquest.. magical. At one point I was 13 - 1 and I ran out of all ammo/rockets and had to switch kit for some dead sucka. First time I've been an utter badass and icing on the cake NO RUBBER BANDING! Huzzah!

Random clips:

BOOM BOOM BABY!

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BB7DF5E2E95EE9F3!380&authkey=!ADrV1CF_EZvq8k0&ithint=video%2c.mp4

Also bonus accidental defib from the sky

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BB7DF5E2E95EE9F3!381&authkey=!AHMsf8v-Id_nu7k&ithint=video%2c.mp4

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 23, 2014

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I'm closing in on your KDR Caesius. Soon I will be number 1!!!

(it helps that I almost never leave vehicles anymore)

Nooooo my KDR! It isn't nice of you to take advantage of my recent lack of Internet

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

SwashedBuckles posted:

Nooooo my KDR! It isn't nice of you to take advantage of my recent lack of Internet

Ahh, I was wondering where you'd been. You and Saggy are my reliably early afternoon XBros, even though he's too busy watching his stories on Netflix now!

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

10 Beers posted:

Ahh, I was wondering where you'd been. You and Saggy are my reliably early afternoon XBros, even though he's too busy watching his stories on Netflix now!

Work has been pretty busy on top of that but I should be on Thursday and Friday for a good amount of time.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

10 Beers posted:

Hah, been binging through 24 ready for the new series, unfortunately it's addicting "just 1 more episode" TV. I tend to have it on in the background while doing other stuff so keep missing the party invite popups :/

No news yet on the server improvements I guess. They need to sort this poo poo out before everyone stays away for good, I miss pub stomping with full goon groups :(

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Hah, been binging through 24 ready for the new series, unfortunately it's addicting "just 1 more episode" TV. I tend to have it on in the background while doing other stuff so keep missing the party invite popups :/

No news yet on the server improvements I guess. They need to sort this poo poo out before everyone stays away for good, I miss pub stomping with full goon groups :(

I didn't see it here, but DICE did announce they're going to reset servers every two weeks from here on out, at least on consoles. That should probably cut down on the amount of rubber-banding because it seems like there's a memory leak or data retention issues that cause the issues over hardware problems.

Although, apparently the server patch that came out today is making the max server size on the new consoles 44 players, so maybe that's a new fix as well.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Bagpuss_UK posted:

They need to sort this poo poo out before everyone stays away for good, I miss pub stomping with full goon groups :(

Pretty much. Even when I've had the opportunity to play lately, I've just not been bothered. And as I've said before, I just can't justify to myself dropping £350-£400 to play with my old bros when the game is still pretty broken.

Maybe it's just me, but BF4 just doesn't seem to have the same hold on me that the previous iterations had. There were days I couldn't wait to get home and play, now I find myself spending half my game time downloading the newest updates it's been that long between sessions. And if it goes the way of CoD with more regular releases, I think the quality is just going to keep sliding with each release. :smith:

And if that 44 player limit thing is legit well gently caress it, I may as well join the master race. Seriously, nostalgia aside, were any of the previous outings this much of a gently caress up? I know they've had glitches and issues before, but this severely, and for this long?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

StevoMcQueen posted:

And if that 44 player limit thing is legit well gently caress it, I may as well join the master race.

Just saying, BF4 on PC is half off right now.

None of the versions are perfect, though, so just building a PC or buying it for an existing one won't solve all your issues. People still get weird errors on the PC version and run into bugged servers. It's still undeniably fun, though, and about 95% of the time it works flawlessly. The other 5% of the time we see issues like rubberbanding and hit registration not working, but that's a small percentage of servers where it seems to be the order of the day.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

Just saying, BF4 on PC is half off right now.

None of the versions are perfect, though, so just building a PC or buying it for an existing one won't solve all your issues. People still get weird errors on the PC version and run into bugged servers. It's still undeniably fun, though, and about 95% of the time it works flawlessly. The other 5% of the time we see issues like rubberbanding and hit registration not working, but that's a small percentage of servers where it seems to be the order of the day.

Oh I know there's PC issues as well, and my precious numbers wouldn't carry over. But I got a couple of friends who have previously offered to build me a basic gaming PC that'll play BF4 for less than a 'bone, and currently, there's more stuff I'd be tempted to play on the PC than on the consoles right now. Also; Drekins. Gonna see where I stand financially after I finish hosting couchsurfers and get my bike back on the road.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Lazyfire posted:

Although, apparently the server patch that came out today is making the max server size on the new consoles 44 players, so maybe that's a new fix as well.

drat is this poo poo real? Because that seriously sucks rear end and I won't be buying another console bf again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Lazyfire posted:

Waiting on someone to confirm this. This better be a quick fix until they get the real servers out that'll allow us to bump it up to 64.

Or maybe they're raising the player count on all other game modes to be 44?

• Locked thread