Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Oh that's too bad,I was hoping we would have had more Voyager releases coming up. Granted Generations may have already exceeded the amount of Voyagers in Universe 2.0(depending if you count store exclusive multi-packs and such).

We've yet to see any traces of Brainstorm or a confirmation if that G1 Grimlock styled Beast Wars Megatron is still a thing.

Sky Byte and Roadbuster are still coming up, and Brainstorm, Hardhead and the BW Megs repaint are yet to come. That would add up to 8 Generations Voyagers in 2014, which is one more than 2013 (FoC Soundwave, FoC Soundblaster, FoC Blaster, FoC Grimlock, Springer, Blitzwing, Sandstorm).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Sky Byte and Roadbuster are still coming up, and Brainstorm, Hardhead and the BW Megs repaint are yet to come. That would add up to 8 Generations Voyagers in 2014, which is one more than 2013 (FoC Soundwave, FoC Soundblaster, FoC Blaster, FoC Grimlock, Springer, Blitzwing, Sandstorm).

I thought Hardhead was a deluxe?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah, I guess he is. For some reason I had it in my head that he was a Voyager. Probably because he should be.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, I guess he is. For some reason I had it in my head that he was a Voyager. Probably because he should be.

His last incarnation was an Ultra, so yeah he should have been a voyager or bigger.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/982723-masterpiece-ultra-magnus-prototype.html

MP Magnus prototype.

People already complaining about his "face", when its clearly just a picture showing he has atleast 2 removable faces. gently caress the 2005 users are stupid.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Very nice. And there is a price listed in the text: 19,940 yen.

That head is actually the back half of the armored head. Looks like instead of a single head that fits over the white Prime head, this one has two halves that fit together on the front and back.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Apr 22, 2014

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Not a member of that site, can you rehost?

EDIT: don't worry, saw the photos later on

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Wow, glad I held out for the real version, it looks great.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
People seem to be translating that it's going to transform as one single thing. There's no smaller robot.

And looking at the legs in this picture I'm likely to believe that over there being a White Prime.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Aesthetically, MP Magnus is pretty much what I thought he'd be from that previous blurry photo-- it's another take on the character, not really better or worse. I still prefer Stack's look because it feels more like the G1 cartoon to me.

Of course, in terms of pure plastic/engineering quality, this MP is going to kick Stack's rear end all over the place.

But I'm still not loving the obvious partsforming, and early reports say there's no fully formed inner white robot (though I don't habitually believe Facebook comments).

So yeah, still seems like a wash to me.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Why cookie Rocket posted:

...and early reports say there's no fully formed inner white robot (though I don't habitually believe Facebook comments).

So yeah, still seems like a wash to me.

What are people basing those comments on? Just the photos, or something said in the text?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
You know what, I'm not actually seeing much parts forming there. His legs are part of the trailer, and the flap that hangs down at the back of him might be the truck itself's hookup section. You know, the more I think about it, the more I wonder if there's a lot of similarity to the 3rd Party Stack.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I hope we get some version of the Milne IDW design. I like Magnus, but between this and Citizen Stacks, I've realized that I just can't stand the G1 design.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I've always liked Ultra Magnus a lot, and find myself wanting the MP despite saying I was gonna skip it, but I have to agree with mr. Mcclane here. Deluxe FoC Magnus is cute but too darn small, Beast Hunter voyager Magnus is pretty fun overall, but I'd kill for a proper voyager (or leader!) IDW Magnus. He's a pretty important character too so his chances aren't that slim.

Speaking of IDW please spoil me since I haven't read the Dark Cyb. finale and the tfwiki article doesn't mention it: what happened to Bludgeon?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I've taken to calling my FoC Magnus "Minimus Ambus" for obvious reasons.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Where do people get these magical magazines with all the information I want to know about toys?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Hrrm. Early days and all that but so far, I prefer the look of Stack, MP Mags looks way chunkier and the leg gap/hollow shinpad effect doesn't look too hot. Also, are those the MP-10 legs just chilling out at the back there like a kind of backpack?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Captain Magic posted:

Where do people get these magical magazines with all the information I want to know about toys?

The Land of the Rising Sun

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I was disappointed that apparently the white prime mode wasn't gonna happen, but then I saw this, so maybe they will have it? Seems like everyone might just get what they want then. :toot:

edit: I can't url :downs:

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 22, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

S-Alpha posted:

I was disappointed that apparently the white prime mode wasn't gonna happen, but then [url=http://i.imgur.com/m1sY7e4.jpg]I saw this[/u], so maybe they will have it? Seems like everyone might just get what they want then. :toot:

It will be straight up AMAZING if it manages to do that.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

S-Alpha posted:

I was disappointed that apparently the white prime mode wasn't gonna happen, but then I saw this, so maybe they will have it? Seems like everyone might just get what they want then. :toot:

Oh TFW, please never change. It's 95% informative, then references "Ironhide/Ratchet and the sleds-vs-no-sleds fight". Of COURSE they are having a fight about that. I would genuinely love to meet a few of the guys that are willing to fight for their Ironhide/Ratchet sleds. I bet they're entertainingly ridiculous about a lot of unimportant minutiae.

Also,

Blackheart posted:

It will be straight up AMAZING if it manages to do that.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SpikeMcclane posted:

I hope we get some version of the Milne IDW design. I like Magnus, but between this and Citizen Stacks, I've realized that I just can't stand the G1 design.

Yeah I want his IDW design too, it's a great update to the G1 design, keeping the original feel of it but not looking like a cardboard box.

Although I bet Minimus Ambus is probably going to be a Legends Prime repaint or something. They'll keep the figures separate.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
190 bucks for an Ultra Magnus, huh? How much is is one actually going to be able to acquire it for, though? It's not like MP toys are sold in most stores, you have to go to places like BBTS.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

190 bucks for an Ultra Magnus, huh? How much is is one actually going to be able to acquire it for, though? It's not like MP toys are sold in most stores, you have to go to places like BBTS.

Toys 'R' Us is the worst store to get toys.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Import from AmiAmi or HLJ and you'll pay that plus shipping.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

S-Alpha posted:

edit: I can't url :downs:

Another guy in the thread says his Japanese wife translated the text and that there is no white Prime, that the cab does not transform. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

therealjon_ posted:

Import from AmiAmi or HLJ and you'll pay that plus shipping.

Those are reputable sites?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
HLJ certainly is, don't know about the other one.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Amiami is really awesome, yeah. One of the most reputable sites, I'd say. I've ordered from them over a dozen times in the past and every time the items came well-packaged and in perfect shape.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
HLJ has my MP Wheeljack and Bumblebee orders, and I've ordered from them in the past.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

If you were waiting for Hasbro to release Prowl, you're in luck! He's coming soon, and mostly unchanged:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

And now that everybody and their dog already has Takara's or the high-quality KO, there's no reason why these shouldn't be plentiful and easily available. Right?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
God his feet look so dumb.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

quote:

In celebration of Earth Day, we’ve partnered with Waste Management to bring you an exclusive reveal of a new toy based on a character from Transformers: Age of Extinction — Junkheap. Power Battler Junkheap features a crushing attack claw that when activated can turn Autobots into scrap! Look for this figure on shelves this fall.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-age-of-extinction-power-battler-junkheap-revealed/29983/

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Back when he was leaked through the TRU computer, he was listed at $60. I wonder if that's still true?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Blackheart posted:

If you were waiting for Hasbro to release Prowl, you're in luck! He's coming soon, and mostly unchanged:

What has changed? Based on this can we also expect US releases for the smokescreen and bluestreak?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

ForeverSmug posted:

Back when he was leaked through the TRU computer, he was listed at $60. I wonder if that's still true?

drat, at $60 you might as well have bought the Takara version last year.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TheDK posted:

What has changed? Based on this can we also expect US releases for the smokescreen and bluestreak?

There's no changes that I can see at least. Dunno about Smokescreen and Bluestreak, but they might come (much) later.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

I was excited until I saw that TRU sticker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SpikeMcclane posted:

I don't mind G1 UM, even though he was the usual "brick with arms" type movement that G1 figures were well known for.

The City Commander Fanprojects figure was good as well, but I wish his head was a bit bigger. Just seemed too small compared to the rest of his body.