Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Toshimo posted:

Iron Fist gives over 1100 dodge and I'd probably run Kung Fu with Pyms. That's a fair bit right there even without Fandrals.

Colleen Wing > Iron Fist all day. 24% boss damage and +DR. She is awesome because your whole group can kill bosses faster which is more beneficial than some dodge rating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

drat. I was really hoping for BOGOF Costumes instead of Heroes.

Doomsaw, can we make it a BOGOF Heroes & Costumes Combo?

docbeard posted:

I am already a complete failure at forgetting that I don't need to donate poo poo at my crafter any more :(

Don't worry. Once a Vendor is maxed out, anything you donate is actually sold. You get the Credits you'd get for selling, you just can't go, "Ooops! I didn't mean to sell that!" and buy it back. So, it's Permanently Sold.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Bar Crow posted:

Pet auras aren't working so his summons don't provide a stat boost on top of doing negligible damage.

Watching Iron Fist wildly flail around to slowly defeat a single regular enemy is sad.

Iron Fist usually does manage to provide a decent heal and some distraction though. Plus, "QUIT YO MEDITATIN' AND LET'S GO BUST SOME HEADS."

Gastrointestinal Joe
Mar 29, 2010

nickhimself posted:

Colleen Wing > Iron Fist all day. 24% boss damage and +DR. She is awesome because your whole group can kill bosses faster which is more beneficial than some dodge rating.

How do you feel about just rotating them. Iron Fist up until boss then switch to Colleen. That's what ive been doing. Not that you really need Iron Fist for trash but its a nice buffer in general.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Nerfing the heal without nerfing boss damage is just going to result in making life worse for everyone.

You can take some solace in the knowledge that Loki won't even notice the change, and isn't that what really counts? What's best for Loki?

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

LordHippoman posted:

Iron Fist usually does manage to provide a decent heal and some distraction though. Plus, "QUIT YO MEDITATIN' AND LET'S GO BUST SOME HEADS."

I want him to bust some heads though. He's Iron Fist, not Dr. Punching Bag.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

At last, people will finally recognise the inherent superiority of invuln cores.

invuln and heal core supremacy

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Irony.or.Death posted:

You can take some solace in the knowledge that Loki won't even notice the change, and isn't that what really counts? What's best for Loki?

I'm running Int/invuln (since I have a Cerebro on him, which makes him Int 7, so +10% aspd) anyway, so I agree.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

DDDJohnny posted:

How do you feel about just rotating them. Iron Fist up until boss then switch to Colleen. That's what ive been doing. Not that you really need Iron Fist for trash but its a nice buffer in general.

That's like sixty points on pets that could just be 20 on popping your signature when you fight a boss fight and using those points to make Dempsey Roll even better.

Gastrointestinal Joe
Mar 29, 2010

Carados posted:

That's like sixty points on pets that could just be 20 on popping your signature when you fight a boss fight and using those points to make Dempsey Roll even better.

I guess, if your investing heavily into the single summons that's true. Right now I just have a token point in IF and Colleen. The sheet says im still getting 24% bonus to bosses with 12 points total in Colleen. I was just using them more as an extra bonus for the auras and not really as any meaningful damage. I don't actually have any of his powers capped at 20 right now plus I haven't gone back and gotten all the bonus points from story yet. I dunno I just want to collect my money.

Ill totally admit I haven't really wrapped my head around Cage yet, so is there a good Cage build posted up here I can try?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

^^^ The only good Cage build is max Business is Good, max Crowbar Beatdown, max Dempsey Roll, rest is lady's choice.

Is there anything like MarvelBase that isn't hilariously outdated with regard to individual skill values/skill trees/literally the number of skill points you get/actually simulates rather than is just a skill planner?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Ghostlight posted:

^^^ The only good Cage build is max Business is Good, max Crowbar Beatdown, max Dempsey Roll, rest is lady's choice.

Is there anything like MarvelBase that isn't hilariously outdated with regard to individual skill values/skill trees/literally the number of skill points you get/actually simulates rather than is just a skill planner?

You forgot to max Cage Was Here.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Their wording on the life leech core replacement is a little worrying. 400/second makes it sound like you're healing 400 hp every second when you hit. If it's just 400 life on hit then it's probably a buff for bird lady.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
What's the fastest way to level up your crafter/enchanter? Just donating every purple you get in xdefense?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

^^^ It reads like the maximum it will roll on a core is 400 life on hit, with a 1 second internal cooldown.

Mr. Maltose posted:

You forgot to max Cage Was Here.
I think it performs adequately even as a 1 pointer.

Gastrointestinal Joe
Mar 29, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

That's pretty much where I was heading with him except not maxing Crowbar. Drop a quick Harlem for the crit bonus, cold Shoulder to scoot around for AE, Chain yank for the Idol of Konshu bonus and then Dempsey for anything that needed a more intimate beating. I was actually going to post my current build with MarvelBase but realized how out of date it is and said gently caress it.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Daric posted:

What's the fastest way to level up your crafter/enchanter? Just donating every purple you get in xdefense?

Yes, though this weekend's event is going to apparently drop the gift items out the rear end, so be sure to play more than seems sane during this event.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

^^^ It reads like the maximum it will roll on a core is 400 life on hit, with a 1 second internal cooldown.

So 400/s is the theoretical maximum. In practice it'll be less.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

400 health on hit, one second cooldown most likely case

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

nickhimself posted:

Dis dude knows whats up, united Wing supremacy.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Are any of the uniques worth buying in this Easter event?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

triplexpac posted:

Are any of the uniques worth buying in this Easter event?

Nah, save up for cores and/or buy ghost boxes for Odin Marks.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Kheldarn posted:

drat. I was really hoping for BOGOF Costumes instead of Heroes.

Doomsaw, can we make it a BOGOF Heroes & Costumes Combo?

Yea...its pointless for heroes if you have all, you literally cannot buy one to get one free :gaz:

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
So if I wanted for farm for Uniques and Gift Items (for the sake of leveling up my vendors and such) this weekend, what's the best way to do that?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

So if I wanted for farm for Uniques and Gift Items (for the sake of leveling up my vendors and such) this weekend, what's the best way to do that?

Following the Don't Fear the Reaper stuff.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

next wolverine movie marks the introduction of MH items as movie hero equipment.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Maybe with the nerf to 25% cores they'll reevaluate the nerf to Punisher's Pain Tolerance.

high health + the 25% core is what made it overpowered.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
They should just take another look at defense in general. Even after the rework there's still issues.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
[redacted for internet terrorism]

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 23, 2014

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

"Done."

Also, I'll post my Luke build either tonight or tomorrow. I'm cosmic prestige on him and run train on everything. I took him 1-27 today in 6 1/2 hours playtime. What the gently caress have I done?

ICR fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Apr 23, 2014

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Can we stop dragging Official Forums Drama from the MH boards over here? Last time people did this it ended in a ton of people getting banned, and since I ended up being collateral damage despite not participating, I'd kind of like to not see this happen again.

People are going to keep being idiots on the official boards forever. It can be pretty funny sometimes. But posting it here just makes people swarm them and harass them. It's a thing people are getting banned for and not a thing we should continue doing. Please?

Dev posts are cool and should be posted, and I know Leowyld and Comixfan are crazy motherfuckers but they get enough poo poo from us without people trying to make it A Thing.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sounds fair. No more from me.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Kelp Plankton posted:

I ended up being collateral damage despite not participating
:qq:

blerp

Kelp Plankton posted:

Dev posts are cool and should be posted, and I know Leowyld and Comixfan are crazy motherfuckers but they get enough poo poo from us without people trying to make it A Thing.
As long as jubelio continues to snipe costume threads, FINE

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 23, 2014

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
bleep bloop

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Apr 23, 2014

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Did the new stuff ever go up on the test center or are we still waiting for it?

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011
gently caress da bans, still no collateral here. Course I don't use the same name on differing venues, gotta pace that stuff out (and holy poo poo, did you guys make it super easy by carrying over handles...I'm assuming). Pretty lovely they gave you a ban though Kelp, you just commented on a profile post, which is kinda what the feature is there for. Thanks regardless the for all the hard thread work.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

According to the OP, Punisher and Black Panther are now starting heroes. Did people who bought them prior to the changes get a refund for them? i.e. if I patched up, would I have some gems or skrilla to blow on some new dudes?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Nobody knows my game name is Comixfan, so Im safe

e: actually posted this before I read above, lol

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

nickhimself posted:

It will get changed back or they will reduce the cooldown on life on hit.

Bosses, X-Def, and cosmic terminals all have ridiculous spike damage that was only made reasonable by these cores. Most heroes do not have a health regen skills. People playing them will flip out enough that the devs will see that once again they think their idea for balance makes sense but really doesn't.

I'm looking forward to encounter duration being extended 10 fold now that we're going to have to kite every enemy around until we can use seven more health kits. We're loving going to be drowned in the deepest mud and shrouded in a cloak of darkness.

Good luck not getting frustrated that you're being pushed into rolling affixes on your costume that you don't want just because they felt like medkits were too good at this level.

Medkits themselves should be changed to automatically heal 15% HP/SP and the costume affix should add a further heal over time effect provided you aren't hit with CC at which point that would stop. This way you are still able to heal through bullshit damage but there's a risk factor involved making the heal not a guarantee but still possible. Mitigates how "OP" it was at 25% but keeps it worthwhile vs a very lovely 3k.
This right here is the poo poo everyone's been trying to pass on to them and their whitelist noise crew in the tuning corner for months now. I'm looking forward to the "costume core IMPROVEMENT" being the same success that the "defense improvement" and "pet improvement" were in the past. I.E. completely missing it's intended mark and achieving exactly the opposite desirable result.

It might not be a problem many people have to deal with, and several characters aren't as severely affected, but if I was a new player and my first character going into the Kingpin fight on heroic had to deal with him having mortal strike or missile reflection with Team Damage Spike founders Elektra and Daredevil, I'd probably quit the game right there, much like people did when they started with Hawkeye or Daredevil back in the day. Mortal strike's going to be a lot more fun to deal with when current healing options are shredded to ribbons like what happened to defense and dodge.

WarLocke posted:

Did the new stuff ever go up on the test center or are we still waiting for it?
Test Center guy might've went on vacation after Costume Core guy got back from his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I bet most people don't use those cores.

The result will just be the same people who already complain about everything complaining about one other thing,

• Locked thread