Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Mr. Squishy posted:

Adam Scott asks the question that's on everyone's mind this week about what Scott's beef is with Maron.

That episode was pretty manic in a really funny and good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ElCondemn posted:

I too didn't listen because I don't care about reality shows. All the comments about it also don't make me want to listen to it. It's not even that it's something I don't care about, I listen to U talkin U2 to me and James Bonding and I don't care about either of those subjects. I think it's just the fact that the discussions seem to revolve around current reality show events and I think I'd feel out of the loop if I wasn't watching/listening to it.

I didn't watch any of the shows they talked about (I'm not in the US and they don't show stuff like The Challenge here anyways) but it was still one of my favourite podcasts. You really don't need to know anything about reality shows, it's mostly just Hayes and Sean playing clips then making fun of them

I dunno, it's worth trying someday if you have nothing else to listen to

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Apr 23, 2014

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

EVERYONE WHO DOESNT THINK THE CONCEPT OF REALITY SHOW SHOW IS AMAZING AND EVERY EPISODE IS THE BEST SHOW EVER IS A loving PLEBE

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Eel hovercraft posted:

That episode was pretty manic in a really funny and good way.

Podcasters reading out 1 star iTunes reviews is my fave thing.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I also never watched reality shows but if I had never listened to RSS I would never have had the joy of knowing they had a one-armed lady on The Bachelor and had her do a bunch of physical activies and poo poo where she kept falling down because she couldn't properly balance herself.
Modern television is great.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Another new territory already explored in full by Hollywood Handbook :smugdog:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

a worthy uhh posted:

EVERYONE WHO DOESNT THINK THE CONCEPT OF REALITY SHOW SHOW IS AMAZING AND EVERY EPISODE IS THE BEST SHOW EVER IS A loving PLEBE

I think we can all agree that reality show show was, and in many ways still is, a podcast

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm partial to "SHOW US DAT DICK OR DAT COOCHIE!".

Beeez
May 28, 2012

a worthy uhh posted:

I don't think anyone was saying that.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

This is the second Earwolf podcast in as many weeks to incorrectly say Three 6 Mafia is from Atlanta. Seems like a conspiracy is afoot... Or maybe it was Scott talking about the Oscars a few weeks ago too.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

This is the second Earwolf podcast in as many weeks to incorrectly say Three 6 Mafia is from Atlanta. Seems like a conspiracy is afoot... Or maybe it was Scott talking about the Oscars a few weeks ago too.

The real conspiracy is how PFT did both you U Talking U2 2 Me and the Andy Daly podcast on St. Patrick's day.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

a worthy uhh posted:

agreed

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

a worthy uhh posted:

What everyone is saying is it's a good show in spite of it's bad concept, and that's why you should give it a try rather than going "a reality show podcast? pshaw, I would never watch a bachelor or a road rule"

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Drunkboxer posted:

The real conspiracy is how PFT did both you U Talking U2 2 Me and the Andy Daly podcast on St. Patrick's day.

Someday they are going to add podcast appearances to the book of world records and it won't even be close. PFT must appear on two or three a day and spend the rest of his time listening to other podcasts.

Want to try out a new podcast you've heard about? Try checking check out the PFT episodes first to see if its for you. Every podcast has them.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Oh hey, Juice Bar Guy makes a brief appearance on this week's U Talkin U2 To Me

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
It's incredible how Adam Scott has had a series of increasingly intimate run-ins with U2 since this podcast started. Scott's "Sing, Daddy, sing!" killed me.

Enjoying this RSS love-in: I listened to every episode when they were coming out but none since, can anyone recommend a particularly great one to re-listen to?

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
"15 - Skull and Two Bones" is one of my favorites with the flashback to their Professor and the Coyote days.

"16 - That's My Fan Club" right after that one is also great with the breakdown of Kevin Smith's day.

Plus all the rest of them.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Is 16 also the one where the person on a nerd challenge cries for losing the game trivia when choosing the hardest question?

"If they had asked me the release date for Halo 4, november 6th 2012, or anything relevant to gaming it would have been easy. But pong?! :qq:"

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

GraPar posted:

Enjoying this RSS love-in: I listened to every episode when they were coming out but none since, can anyone recommend a particularly great one to re-listen to?

Sean and Hayes spent the first segment of Episode 35, "Riddle Me Why," goofing on my tweet like a couple of goofs. It was the highlight of my year.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Has anyone posted these yet? Someone made a bunch of pretty great posters for 'You Talkin' U2 To Me?' and some other Earwolf shows.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 23, 2014

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GraPar posted:

Has anyone posted these yet? Someone made a bunch of pretty great posters for 'You Talkin' U2 To Me?' and some other Earwolf shows.

The "Talkin' About Money" one is my favorite, because it manages to work in literally every joke they made during that bit.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Ha, I just complimented @jongarbus on the perfection that is the 4/20 I4H episode: "@DJCrabhat thanks man. i didnt remember half of it"

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ManoliIsFat posted:

Ha, I just complimented @jongarbus on the perfection that is the 4/20 I4H episode: "@DJCrabhat thanks man. i didnt remember half of it"

I love the end when Horatio Sanz shuts the whole thing down because it isn't making sense anymore.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
If they are going to keep going until U2 finally gets off their butts and releases the album, they should have Doug Benson guest only for I Love Films

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

If they are going to keep going until U2 finally gets off their butts and releases the album, they should have Doug Benson guest only for I Love Films

Or both appear on DLM while trying to do their own podcast.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mr. Squishy posted:

I wish this was a recurring feature on every show.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
U talking U2 To ME? has become my favourite. It makes my hump day feel like a jump day.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

The last sketch of the latest I4H was amazing. Just solid gold.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I liked how in U Talking U2 it wrapped around from reading negative reviews to realizing that this is how it must sound to them.

jakefogelnest
Jul 31, 2013
I just got off the phone with Jeff Ulrich and he said if more people don't start listening to "The Fogelnest Files," he is going to cancel "Hollywood Handbook." I think this is really messed up, but he means business.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

jakefogelnest posted:

I just got off the phone with Jeff Ulrich and he said if more people don't start listening to "The Fogelnest Files," he is going to cancel "Hollywood Handbook." I think this is really messed up, but he means business.

Lights out, guerrilla marketing

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

jakefogelnest posted:

Can he just cancel both TIA

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Well, as a moral being I guess I have to bid a sincere but firm farewell to The Hollywood Hamdbook. No way am I doing the other thing.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Reasons why Hollywood Handbook is great:

1. It's about Hollywood
2. It's basically like a handbook

Reasons why The Fogelnest Files sucks:

1. Jazz musician Dan Fogel is rarely mentioned
2. No nests.

There are things called "integrity" and "truth in advertising". Look it up.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

LesterGroans posted:

Reasons why The Fogelnest Files sucks:
When I listened, I thought it was a radio version of the X-Files, and I just kept thinking "I wish Mulder would start talking about aliens."

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
careful, I heard this fogelnest kid is a real cyberbully

not on his poodcast though, i don't listen to that

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

jakefogelnest posted:

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Well, as a moral being I guess I have to bid a sincere but firm farewell to The Hollywood Hamdbook. No way am I doing the other thing.

It's like Sophie Monk's Choice between being a model or on the TV show Monk.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jakefogelnest posted:

I may be overly skeptical but I don't think this really happened. I feel like this convo is more likely to happen over text.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Jake that moment at the beginning of your latest with a film critic where you confess to liking him instantly, and he counters with "that's so weird, that's not how I felt at all" was a quality bit of pod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jakefogelnest
Jul 31, 2013
I hate this message board and I hate Lowtax and this stupid Taco Bell avatar he gave me. Shut this thing down. I am taking DocEvil and we are starting our own website for our COOL rear end JEANS THAT ARE GOOD AND NOT BAD.