Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

Jenner posted:

In short, Kasumi is an even more boring Shiori.
Have it as the penultimate play-through before Hikari? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Bookworm posted:

Mei probably won't win at this point, but her route looks like a lot of fun.

Seconding this.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

vibratingsheep posted:

All of the Adachi. All of the time. Adachi is the primary reason that I keep pushing Saki and Kaedeko on people. I want to taste Koushieeeeen

God how could I forget. We've now been through, what, three lifetimes worth of Japanese high school and we haven't yet even scratched the surface of what Japanese youth is all about. Without experiencing the Koushien at least once can we really call this a Japanese High School Life thread?

Ah well. Maybe next time around.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.
Voting Akane for punching mans.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Getsuya posted:

Boys Over Flowers

I don't know anything about high school romance anime, but I'm going to recommend this one anyway solely on the strength of its title. I have no choice but to surrender; I'm hopelessly outpunned.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Character poll, part 2: Poll Harder

Rules for the run-off: Unless you explicitly change your vote, I'm keeping your vote as it is! I've written down who has voted for which character already (though I haven't written down any "in the event of a run-off" votes), so each character is starting at the number listed next to them unless someone changes their mind!

Alright, folks, it's time for the run-off! Here's the voting breakdown for the first round:

1st place: Akane (27)
2nd place: Homura (21)
3rd place: Mei (13)

All very strong candidates with a lot of amusement value, so no surprises there. But here's the interesting part.

4th place (tie): Kaori (11)
4th place (tie): Hikari (11)

I mentioned that I would be the tiebreaker, and for consistency's sake, the 4th candidate for the next Tokimemo 2 run is Hikari (11) - who will, some day, actually win the vote.

To spur discussion, I have included an artist's rendition of the kind of Goon we'll be for each of these four routes.

If you vote Akane:

If you vote Homura:

If you vote Mei:

If you vote Hikari:

Voting ends as soon as my stream starts on Thursday. Choose wisely!

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Apr 23, 2014

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

I don't know anything about high school romance anime, but I'm going to recommend this one anyway solely on the strength of its title. I have no choice but to surrender; I'm hopelessly outpunned.

Hana Yori Dango was one of the first Japanese puns I ever learned, and even a pun-hater like me has to admit that it's clever. Just changing one kanji (花より団子 -> 花より男子 changes the meaning from "Dumplings are better than flowers" (You can't eat beauty) to "Boys are better than flowers" (Doumyouji is a dick).

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

vibratingsheep posted:

Hana Yori Dango was one of the first Japanese puns I ever learned, and even a pun-hater like me has to admit that it's clever. Just changing one kanji (花より団子 -> 花より男子 changes the meaning from "Dumplings are better than flowers" (You can't eat beauty) to "Boys are better than flowers" (Doumyouji is a dick).

But, but the guys call themselves the Flowery Four... so... so what happens when the boys ARE flowers?

Edit: Also Akane

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The list of winners looks fun. I'm really looking forward to the next update and regardless who of them will win it's going to be interesting.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Yeah, I have no regrets about whoever might win.

EDIT: Guys, re-voting is unnecessary unless you're changing your vote or you voted for a girl not in the top three or four. (Clarify that for me, Sheep. Is Hikari in the running?)

Kaja Rainbow fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Apr 23, 2014

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Akane, again.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Sticking with Akane.

Phanos
Jul 24, 2006
So who made the sandwiches?
I'll change my vote to Mei, because I have a soft spot for underdogs (well at least in terms of how the thread is voting).

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
I'll switch to Akane!

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
(So sad Kaori, so sad)

Joining team Akane.

Reverend Cheddar
Nov 6, 2005

wriggle cat is happy
Akane, but am saddened by the lack of votes for cockblocking. If Takumi tries to steal this chick y'all gonna be sorry.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Changing from Miyuki to Akane

Maybe next time Miyuki.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Former Kaori voter, also joining Team Akane.

Maybe this time we can actually get to know Jun better!

Happy Blue fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Apr 23, 2014

Naraku9108
May 29, 2013
Homura

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Well if Goon gets to be cool sword guy I guess I'm for Akane

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Well I guess when you put it like that, I've gotta vote Akane.

Kaishai
Nov 3, 2010

Scoffing at modernity.
Switching my vote to Akane, if only out of distaste for Hikari.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Ah gently caress it, I'll vote for Hikari just for the hell of it.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Jumping on the Akane bandwagon.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Agh, so close to getting Kaori on the ballot. Oh well, switching to Akane.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So, you mention that you can cause peoples stats to lower or raise as part of them joining you in classes and stuff.. can you use that to raise someone's grades, and does the game notice that?

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

So, you mention that you can cause peoples stats to lower or raise as part of them joining you in classes and stuff.. can you use that to raise someone's grades, and does the game notice that?

Yes. Yes, it does. This is especially noticeable in the cockblock route, where the entire point of the route is to find out what stats that Jun and Takumi's girls require, and keep them from possibly attaining those stats.

Kaja Rainbow posted:

EDIT: Guys, re-voting is unnecessary unless you're changing your vote or you voted for a girl not in the top three or four. (Clarify that for me, Sheep. Is Hikari in the running?)

Hikari is in the running. Technically. And thankfully, I wrote down every vote for the top 4 and so there aren't any duplicate votes in my count.

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 23, 2014

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.
No stopping the AKANE train!

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Voting Mei, because you guys don't know how to vote properly.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
Akane I guess. If I'm going to vote for someone in that top four, I want it to be Akane.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Changing from Miyuki to Akane. Gotta love that scene where she was introduced by straight up copying your notes.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Let's go with Akane, sure.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
I guess I'm changing my vote to Mei then.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

We'll get to you eventually, Kaori. :smith:

Alright, going to be voting Hikari now.

Nemo Somen
Aug 20, 2013

I vote for Homura.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
I still don't mind which girl as long as Goon is a better friend this time, I guess you can count my vote a Jun.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Alright, Hikari made it in on a technicality! Now to drop her. :unsmigghh:

Akane.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Voting for Akane sounds good. Let's see what her route is all about.

(Sorry, Hikari. One of these days you'll have your time to shine. It just probably won't be any time soon.)

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

jumping on the Akane :bandwagon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Barring a last-minute miracle, it looks like Akane is going to win the poll in a landslide. Doing some prep work tonight, then going live with the stream at 7:30PM Pacific time (UTC -08:00) - about 8 hours from this post.

Begin the Akane chapter: The Struggle is Real!

• Locked thread