Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

hrm maybe Man United is a small club and SAF was just a big fish in a small pond makes you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

JFairfax posted:

Did Moyes ever aspire to manage a big club? Did he honestly ever think he could do it? With someone like Rogers he is clearly loving the opportunity, he might be a more progressive, talented coach than Moyes, but also he seems to relish mixing it at the top, he clearly aspired to be a winner at a genuinely Big Club.

Liverpool will have to win the league to be a big club they've never even done that before.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
all im saying is look at spurs this season and imagine that with a far greater debt :twisted:

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Modus Trollens posted:

RB is the shittest position on the pitch

if you were taller and stronger you'd be a CB
if you could use your left foot you'd be a LB
if you could pass better you'd be a CM
if you were faster you'd be a Winger
if you could finish you'd be a striker

flawless logic

For a great pub league RB just find some friend who maybe never played football but does triathlons. Always shows up on time and sober and won't give too much of a poo poo if your keeper doesn't show up and yo gotta throw him in goal.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I'm beginning to realise why I play RB.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Modus Trollens posted:

RB is the shittest position on the pitch

if you were taller and stronger you'd be a CB
if you could use your left foot you'd be a LB
if you could pass better you'd be a CM
if you were faster you'd be a Winger
if you could finish you'd be a striker

flawless logic

Spot on my son.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Dudley posted:

I'm beginning to realise why I play RB.
I played RM (specifically not RW) because I was slow and pretty poo poo and smoked cigarettes and couldn't deal with not having time on the ball, but could cross like an absolute peach. I can't think of a comparable player, so let's say Pele.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Hoops posted:

I played RM (specifically not RW) because I was slow and pretty poo poo and smoked cigarettes and couldn't deal with not having time on the ball, but could cross like an absolute peach. I can't think of a comparable player, so let's say Pele.

If only there was a slow English player who did nothing but smash in crosses all day in recent memory.

If only.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Hoops posted:

you should try loving your brother's wife

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Spangly A posted:

If only there was a slow English player who did nothing but smash in crosses all day in recent memory.

If only.
I have to be honest and say Becks had a lot more to his game than I did.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Spangly A posted:

If only.

Becks could run and run and run with the best of them

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Hoops posted:

I have to be honest and say Becks had a lot more to his game than I did.

Oh yeah, Becks sometimes did things.

I was talking about Bentley.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Ramires, Mourinho and Rui Faria have all been charged by the FA for their conduct during and after the Sunderland game.

They'll probably appeal.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Spangly A posted:

Oh yeah, Becks sometimes did things.

I was talking about Bentley.

Bentley is and was poo poo

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

EvilHawk posted:

Ramires, Mourinho and Rui Faria have all been charged by the FA for their conduct during and after the Sunderland game.

They'll probably appeal.

Ramires has until Thursday to respond and will be dealt with on Friday -- not sure there's any way he plays against us.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Modus Trollens posted:

Bentley is and was poo poo

Just a reminder that David Bendley has been without a club for over a year. He is 29 and has 7 England caps.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Homura posted:

Ramires has until Thursday to respond and will be dealt with on Friday -- not sure there's any way he plays against us.

He can't play during the appeal?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Just a reminder that David Bendley has been without a club for over a year. He is 29 and has 7 England caps.

He was quite good at crossing a football though.

Remember, thanks to Davey Bs brilliant assists, RSC beat Torres to signing of the year.

Eric Cantonese posted:

He can't play during the appeal?

He has til Thursday to appeal and any appeals will be dealt with on Friday, is what he means.

The FA has caught wind of Mourinho's bullshit and have out mind-gamed him. Getting dunked by a disabled 12 year old is one thing, but the FA? he's lost it.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

blue footed boobie posted:

I saw David Bentley in a really rough karaoke bar in Puerto Banus, near Malaga, Spain a few years ago, he sang Down in the tube station at midnight by the jam, he's got a horrible voice, true story.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Spangly A posted:

He was quite good at crossing a football though.

Oh yeah, and he actually looked decent at times. I just can't believe his career has gone so far downhill so quickly.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
He was pretty decent at Blackburn

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Losing Shaw has always been inevitable but getting £30 million for him is pretty great. Hopefully that will actually be reinvested in the squad but it's hard to know what Katharina Liebherr plans to do, Shaw is our only LB so at least some of the money would have to be spent. Especially as Matt Targett doesn't seem ready to step up.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Starsnostars posted:

Losing Shaw has always been inevitable but getting £30 million for him is pretty great. Hopefully that will actually be reinvested in the squad but it's hard to know what Katharina Liebherr plans to do, Shaw is our only LB so at least some of the money would have to be spent. Especially as Matt Targett doesn't seem ready to step up.
The deal's supposedly £30m, because he'd pick up £100,000 x 52 weeks x 6 years - it's not the transfer fee. I don't think I've seen a suggested transfer fee, but I might be wrong...

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Xabi posted:

The deal's supposedly £30m, because he'd pick up £100,000 x 52 weeks x 6 years - it's not the transfer fee. I don't think I've seen a suggested transfer fee, but I might be wrong...

Only a five year contract reported by the guardian, so it looks like the £30m quoted actually is the fee. It's insane.

Modus Trollens posted:

People say that Gareth Bale used to influence games from the LB position in League one as a teenager

then again people are Harry Redknap and Bale wasn't actually a wing back

Julio Arca used to run games from left back :qq:

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Homura posted:

lol special treatment for Mourinho

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Liverpool released the proposal for the redevelopment of Anfield:

- Increased capacity from 45,000 to 54,000 and enable another expansion of the Anfield Road stand to make the total 58,800
- New facilities for players and staff
- Open spaces and concourses for visitors

link

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I love it. Saw this one earlier

But hadn't see in interior shot.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Looks like a Meccano tumour, just like St. James' Sports Direct Arena

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Homura posted:

As much as I don't want to lose him, if the FA have set it up like that that's damned impressive.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

TelekineticBear! posted:

I hope this whole business truly makes people realise what a loving twat Giggs, Scholes and the rest of those old loving cunts are, they only care about themselves and the whole myth of them being modern professionals has been shattered for ever

pure human slime the lot of them

Why, what have they done, other than not like a crap manager and try to do a better job themselves?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Looks like a Meccano tumour, just like St. James' Sports Direct Arena

It's actually brilliant and I love it

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

It's actually brilliant and I love it

it's a mediocre midway point between a classic stadium like anfield is now and a proper modern stadium, paying a fair price to those poor sods who still live in the streets around there and going the whole way would be infinitely better in the long run

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

Mickolution posted:

wow you really can make anything in minecraft

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Mickolution posted:

This is pretty nice, except for the stadium.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Mickolution posted:

How long till those houses around the stadium go to shambles?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Eau de MacGowan posted:

it's a mediocre midway point between a classic stadium like anfield is now and a proper modern stadium, paying a fair price to those poor sods who still live in the streets around there and going the whole way would be infinitely better in the long run

It's so much better than an identikit bowl, fly away troll

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

It's so much better than an identikit bowl, fly away troll

Yeah you're gonna love going to that for the home games

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Timbers Jim posted:

Yeah you're gonna love going to that for the home games

I actually can't because I'm on the dole. Me arl fella will love it though

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Anfield isn't a pretty stadium, who cares what it looks like on the outside.

Honestly I would have liked a few more seats if they're going to expand, I had thought the plan was to go straight up to 60k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Hoops posted:

Anfield isn't a pretty stadium, who cares what it looks like on the outside.

Honestly I would have liked a few more seats if they're going to expand, I had thought the plan was to go straight up to 60k.

Has to be done in stages due to planning & approval, and also scheduling because they're going to be playing matches during construction. Final capacity will be 58,800 when it's all done.

• Locked thread