Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Please god someone help me out with Ms. Marvel info. You'd think her forum would have at least one new post with some information about any test changes, unique changes, or just buffs because of the stat changes, but nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Soothing Vapors posted:

:woop:

DEATH TO STORM. THE AGE OF SQUIRREL GIRL HAS ARRIVED, INSHALLAH

Yes! Can it be The Age of the THING too?

Kheldarn posted:

:siren:NEW TEAM-UP HERO: Beta Ray Bill!:siren:

He's not available for purchase, but he shows up in the Team-Up Heroes tab of your Hero Roster!
well spotted

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

Mumble is claiming Thor got massive buffs. TC is still 11000 MB left for me :(

Okay, I'll just give him a break until this goes live. Ground him to 59, then SH Doom bent him over this morning and did things to his blond butt I don't care to think about. Second form summoned Moloids, beetles and AIM. I think it broke something in me. :(

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
If we're going to fantasize about bit-characters like Howard the Duck being added, I'm going to go ahead and say I'd dig a ROM The Spaceknight team-up.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Phyresis posted:

Damage values are up across the board save a few exceptions. Certain heroes like Spider-man got massive damage boosts because almost all of his skills were tagged Fighting, plus the baseline buffs and stat buffs. The skills that were reduced in damage either obviously needed to be nerfed or were long cooldown sigs that had their damage offloaded to other skills. The nerfed skills include Ball Lightning, Freezing Tempest, Lightning Column, X-Slash, and Phoenix Inferno. The long cd sigs include One-Off, Aerial Assault. This is not a comprehensive list, I do not have most characters at level 60.

Cable's damage is up across the board. Loki's damage is up across the board. Cyclops' damage is up across the board. Scarlet Witch's damage is up across the board and bewildering hex still works fine as of the time of this posting.

Iron Man got buffed. Yeah.

Every single thing you just said :awesome:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Neurolimal posted:

If we're going to fantasize about bit-characters like Howard the Duck being added, I'm going to go ahead and say I'd dig a ROM The Spaceknight team-up.

Marvel doesn't own ROM, unfortunately. They've tried to bring back Spaceknights as a generic group, but he's out.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
So, uh... How's Ms Marvel holdin' up in this brave new world?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

So what all are the doing this weekend?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

NecroMonster posted:

So what all are the doing this weekend?

Yeah, I guess that is a way you could put this weekend.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Neurolimal posted:

Man-Thing for teamups 2014. Howard the Duck with Man-Thing, let's get this going.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Neurolimal posted:

The annoying thing is that "guy with a cloak that lets him teleport anywhere" is already enough to make some interesting stories without also going ".....that is also an acrobatic badass crime boss who shoots magic bullets"

It just screams of "I couldn't think of anything interesting to do with a weak normaly guy that can warp anywhere, so I made him Skinny Kingpin"
It's not even a teleportation cloak.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
BW looks great. Grenades changed to small initial damage and a dot, Stinging Barrage damage up by like 30%, Widow's kiss damage doubled, Drones doubled.

The new sniper power stealths you, but so does your roll.

Widowmaker powers seem pretty pointless. CdG hits for like 60k without full widowmaker, 73k with full. But it has 0.8 attack speed. Also it does physical damage so it's pretty pointless in an energy build. Sure, if it bruts it does 500k or thereabouts, but that's only a 25% chance.

RRR is officially the best passive (750 crit, 750 brut, 1700 crit damage, 6,4 spirit on crit at level 20).

I really like it. I guess you're going to Stinging shot continuously while weaving in both grenades, kiss and drones. The good news is you'll have infinite spirit.

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 23, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

Please god someone help me out with Ms. Marvel info. You'd think her forum would have at least one new post with some information about any test changes, unique changes, or just buffs because of the stat changes, but nope.

Sion posted:

So, uh... How's Ms Marvel holdin' up in this brave new world?

No big changes except her melee skills got a rather significant damage buff (like everyone else's - +30%ish). Energy skills are the same.

Basically she's 100% fine, but there's even less reason to play her ranged now.

That said, Advanced Phoenix Feather has 500 energy DR on it now, and Black Tom's has an extra 200 (so it goes up to ~750), so maybe you can stack those and make a viable energy build on her.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Don't worry Marco, mom is here to put up a field for you. :unsmith:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Mumble goons reporting that Nightcrawler's X-Slash got it's damage cut in half in return for "deals +40% damage to bosses" which is... kind of a huge nerf.

Might be time to switch back to Swashbuckler Slash.

Jowy
Dec 4, 2007

Jesus Christ, it's a Pyro!
Well my Punisher's rocket launcher got an extra 10k damage on tooltip or so from Live compared to TC. And my Deadly Barrage went from 12k to 18k or so. And Flechette Blast looked actually usable.

Also compared to TC the damage of my MK's sig doubled :stare:

Luke's Dempsey Roll took a slight hit but Cage Fighting actually does damage now and can hit for over a million.

Nightcrawler's Dive Bomb damage got nearly doubled too, jesus christ.

edit: X-Slash's damage definitely didn't look cut in half, for me. Looked like a 20-30% loss or so.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
Someone post the new Black Tom's. I got one so late that it didn't copy.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Jowy posted:

Nightcrawler's Dive Bomb damage got nearly doubled too, jesus christ.

:circlefap: rear end in a top hat from the shadows build incoming

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

No big changes except her melee skills got a rather significant damage buff (like everyone else's - +30%ish). Energy skills are the same.

Basically she's 100% fine, but there's even less reason to play her ranged now.

That said, Advanced Phoenix Feather has 500 energy DR on it now, and Black Tom's has an extra 200 (so it goes up to ~750), so maybe you can stack those and make a viable energy build on her.

You didn't happen to notice any changes to her uniques, did you? Like physical damage added to Warbird's Mask or something like that?

Glad I donated about 5 phoenix feathers, seems like it might have value now.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

You didn't happen to notice any changes to her uniques, did you? Like physical damage added to Warbird's Mask or something like that?

I just asked the people in mumble who are on TC and no, they've not pushed any changes through for her uniques yet. Possibly in the eventual unique review post.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Did Mr. Strange get changed at all?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Overall what I'm reading here is that I should switch my Moon Knight back to his old punch spec.

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007
I know they are doing BOHGO this weekend but that usually doesn't apply to new characters (IW) so am I better off just buying it as part of the presale?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
RIP Acrobatic Assault

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Fenom posted:

I know they are doing BOHGO this weekend but that usually doesn't apply to new characters (IW) so am I better off just buying it as part of the presale?

I feel like the $16 I spent for her, a second costume, STASH tab and 5x fortune cards was a very good deal (character+costume is like $20 separately) and the info/talk about her today has me seriously hyped to play her.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
How do BW's physical damage skills look? Down with energy.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Gunjin posted:

Honestly? Really good.

I'm just starting to test them.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Nodoze posted:

RIP Acrobatic Assault

Aw, is it really no good now? That was the only skill I enjoyed in my time trying to level her. Won't hurt my feelings as much if her other skills are useful but I'll kind of miss being a spastic Mario.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
My idea for BOGO is to make a list of characters I want to buy and start cheapest to most expensive, in hopes the random box saves me nine bucks. Does this seem reasonable or am I bad at maths/economics?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Squirrel Girl is so rad. I only played ranged so I can't say much about melee, but ranged is looking stellar.

The Bad:
-DftT was both buffed and nerfed. It's no longer a primary AOE attack that you spam, it's like a summonable field of pain like Tear Gas Arrow. But it's now critting for what it hits for on live. It's still mandatory for ranged, because there's still some hidden proc coefficients for Squirrel Friend going on. DFTT is the way to build squirrels fast.
-Sic Em no longer summons squirrels at all, just directs them. Summoning got moved to Squirrel Friend. Still has a CD. Feels like a total waste.
-Squirrel Saboteurs is still terrible and weird, but it looks cooler now

The Good:
-Only 5 bounces on Squirrel! but that feels like more than enough. Very fast and awesome.
-Dive Bomb is monstrous and provides an amazing slow for meleers.
-Squirrel Distraction now provides a flat 210 dodge per squirrel, which still caps out really high.
-New Forestwalk feels so much better than old Forestwalk. It's a perfectly acceptable substitute for a Zigg now. Plus, when you accidentally hit something with Forestwalk, you're gonna proc the defense and tenacity buff from Squirrel Distraction. That's 1600 def at 31 points.
-Acorn Artillery finally has a role, and that role is murder.

The ???
-I can't tell without directly comparing the tooltips if Autofire Acorns got nerfed or not with its new fire rate thing, but the 40% base damage thing is so nice. I think it's better.
-Squirrel Presents literally kills off all your squirrels but replaces them with grenades. I think this might be awesome. I can max squirrels with DFFT, fast Presents, and be halfway to max squirrels again before DFFT expires. And also grenades.

My SG has some really good gear, maxed legendary, maxed passives, blessings, etc. On live, with all that gear and like 700 odin marks invested in her, she feels remarkably average. On test I'm ripping through cosmic terminals like they're nothing.

Also, on an unrelated note, I'm really regretting recently vendoring all of my Advanced Phoenix Feathers.

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 23, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

My idea for BOGO is to make a list of characters I want to buy and start cheapest to most expensive, in hopes the random box saves me nine bucks. Does this seem reasonable or am I bad at maths/economics?

No, this is the good way to do it. Another possibility is to buy all the 450G heroes anyway even if you don't want them, if there are any left you don't have.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Also, on an unrelated note, I'm really regretting recently vendoring all of my Advanced Phoenix Feathers.

Yuuuup, join the club. :(

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

That usually works pretty well. At the very least, buy Taskmaster and Hawkeye during BOGO if you don't have them.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Has gaz said anything about the aggressive power creep that's happening? Like, I know they only want to buff and not nerf but eventually cosmic terminals will feel like greens and wave 40 xdef will be common.

Although hearing Storm was nerfed gives me hope (assuming they don't revert it back due to excessive pubbie whining)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Squirrel Girl's ultimate killed the DPS dummy in like 5 seconds. I saw a couple bruts of over 1.1 million from the acorn meteors. I don't know what the gently caress Gaz is doing but I love it

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Lechtansi posted:

Has gaz said anything about the aggressive power creep that's happening? Like, I know they only want to buff and not nerf but eventually cosmic terminals will feel like greens and wave 40 xdef will be common.

Although hearing Storm was nerfed gives me hope (assuming they don't revert it back due to excessive pubbie whining)

Storm/Sw nerf along with LL cores being removed(finally!) will go a long way towards helping balance the game. Not to mention cosmic/x-defense won't be the hardest content in the game after raids come out.

edit: also check out the LL thread on the test center forums, pubbies literally don't know how to do cosmic kurse without LL.

iuvian fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 23, 2014

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Streaming some messing around in test center now twitch.tv/aarontagg

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

If I buy one of the bundles through the G store, will that qualify for the BOGO? I've been wanting to pick up Squirrel Girl's pack, and if so I'll hold off until the weekend.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Phyresis posted:

The nerfed skills include...X-Slash...Loki's damage is up across the board.

What a weird patch. I like NC a lot and all but that's because he's cool and fun and good at teleporting not because he does too much damage; I haven't had any reason to take him into a cosmic since Loki hit 60.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Gunjin posted:

Well I just did cosmic Kurse in under 3 minutes. It's pretty drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Went in to solo X-def, kept Taskmaster and Doc Ock confused until they killed themselves.

Nothing seems to have been changed yet.

• Locked thread