Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Nimona then. Nimona now.

I totally forgot that they have a king and I am now very worried about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

RickoniX posted:

Morbi posted this on their tumblr

Goddamn, I love these sort of jokes. No matter how the long the setup, I never see them coming.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Alopex posted:

Nimona then. Nimona now.

I totally forgot that they have a king and I am now very worried about him.

Right now the most pressing question for me is; is the dragon-thing carrying Nimona's sphere?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

MikeJF posted:

Right now the most pressing question for me is; is the dragon-thing carrying Nimona's sphere?

Doesn't seem to be. Blackheart is going to go dashing back in in a couple pages, I bet. Or maybe goldenloin will grow a loin and do it instead.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Bobulus posted:

Having a brain monster seems like a really bad piece of luck. Get punched just once in a fight and suddenly you're drooling for life.

Normally I'd say she had cartoon physics on her side, but this is a comic where a man had his brains beaten out with a rock as a mercy killing, so...

Alopex posted:

Nimona then. Nimona now.

Nice!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Eldercain posted:

Doesn't seem to be. Blackheart is going to go dashing back in in a couple pages, I bet. Or maybe goldenloin will grow a loin and do it instead.
No can do, the fortress is on fire and under ˇLockdown! despite having several large holes in it.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

For some reason I keep getting distracted by Goldenloin and Blackheart holding hands and clinging to eachother because it's so loving cute and at some point someone put the idea in my head that they have a thing for eachother and I can't unsee it.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
I'm pretty sure that's intentional subtext that's rapidly becoming text.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I seem to recall that was confirmed elsewhere through some statement by the creator.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Webcomics are amazing

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Pick posted:

I seem to recall that was confirmed elsewhere through some statement by the creator.

The statement was that the whole "gay dads who adopted baby Nimona AU" was the creator's idea in the first place.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Nihilarian posted:

I have no idea who that is, but it amused me.
It is the queen in Morbi's comic. She is blind and simultaneously sees more detail than anyone else ever.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Parts Kit posted:

It is the queen in Morbi's comic. She is blind and simultaneously sees more detail than anyone else ever.
Magic vision! I guess it could be construed as spoilers but not really.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Dead Winter is getting too scary. Can things just go back to fighting zombies now?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Speaking of Dead Winter, the creator of the comic has started developing a beat-em-up game based on the series.
Allison has posted a few updates to her tumblr including a sample attack animation and a video from her programmer outlining the most basic elements of the game.

Get Hype!!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Did they start shipping the second volume yet? I can't even remember if I put down money for it, same thing happened with the first one, it just dropped through my letterbox one day and I was like "oooooohh yeeeeaaah, I paid for this at some point" :downs:

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Did they start shipping the second volume yet? I can't even remember if I put down money for it, same thing happened with the first one, it just dropped through my letterbox one day and I was like "oooooohh yeeeeaaah, I paid for this at some point" :downs:

Yeah, she started the other week! I got mine and it is fancy as hell.

Buy 'em here if you're jealous

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Renaissance Robot posted:

I have but then my car broke and I couldn't haul books to the post office but I fixed my car so shipping has resumed. If you send me an email I can bump you up the queue to make sure it goes out ASAP. Sorry! :shobon:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I ran through my email receipts and could only find the one, so it seems I am $20 richer and one fine comic book poorer (but still skint either way, I'm spending too much money this month :sweatdrop:)

A Dapper Walrus
Dec 28, 2011
Does anyone remember the one comic with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy in a realistic modern setting where they're treated as real people having to deal with the problems of being celebrities and stuff? It was super good, but I've forgotten the title of it.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

A Dapper Walrus posted:

Does anyone remember the one comic with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy in a realistic modern setting where they're treated as real people having to deal with the problems of being celebrities and stuff? It was super good, but I've forgotten the title of it.

Boys' Night Out

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

A Dapper Walrus posted:

Here you go.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
In Bad Machinery, the boys are making good decisions.

This mystery is a lot less supernatural than previous ones, which is interesting. Though I think Tackleford's residents are weird enough on their own.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Is there even a mystery yet? We've mostly just been introduced to the mods and the French girls.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
There's a precedent for them taking a while to get to it. Think the pencil at the faire. I'm sure we'll get something bizzare.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
So I really hope that KSBD is setting up a band of three adventure with the clueless human with world shattering power, the angel with world shattering power who talks too much, and the smartass demon.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
Anyone here know about Apothecia?

http://apotheciacomic.tumblr.com/

Found out about it via Bogleech, who described it as "a rad comic about a little girl who has a trapped alien criminal".

(page 1)

It's pretty new (started March 31, only 11 pages), so I have no clue where the story is going, but the art looks great and it's got one hell of a plot.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Nick_326 posted:

Found out about it via Bogleech, who described it as "a rad comic about a little girl who has a trapped alien criminal".

Lilo and Stitch?

Edit: Oh. This is pretty good actually.

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 24, 2014

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Tenebrais posted:

Is there even a mystery yet? We've mostly just been introduced to the mods and the French girls.

Whoops, I was using "mystery" when I mean to say "case" since each storyline is "The case of the...". But yeah, this one is a slow burn. That's the curse of long-form webcomics, though - John Allison is a pro at keeping a frequent and consistent schedule, and it still can seem like ages when you're not binging it after it's done or reading the published book.

A Dapper Walrus
Dec 28, 2011

Thanks!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Nick_326 posted:

(page 1)

It's pretty new (started March 31, only 11 pages), so I have no clue where the story is going, but the art looks great and it's got one hell of a plot.

Ehhhhh.

This seems to be heading into the CUTESY PREMISE YET SOMEHOW AMATEURISH DARK FEELS DRAMA territory from page one. At least they're establishing a consistent tone from the start, but I'm not interested.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I really do love Bad Machinery, but I think I might like Amy and Ryan strips from Bobbins even more.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Thoughts on this week's Poppy?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
^^drat them are some strong hands.

HMS Beagle posted:

I really do love Bad Machinery, but I think I might like Amy and Ryan strips from Bobbins even more.

I really do like the bobbins characters. I also like the bad machinery folks, and I wish I could somehow have an equal amount of them. The guy's output is prodigious compared to a lot of webcomics but still, I am needy.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lizard Wizard posted:

Thoughts on this week's Poppy?

RIP muscley sheepman :(

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tollymain posted:

Hey he's not antimagic, I'm sure quick medical magic can save him!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nick_326 posted:

I don't know about the writing, but Shelby's art is amazing :swoon:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tollymain posted:

Seriously, I liked Gustaf. Save Gustaf!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tollymain posted:

Don't worry, it'll turn out he's only been pierced through his prodigious mane of wool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

The only thing I don't like about Poppy is the pacing, it feels like its taking forever for the story to go anywhere.

• Locked thread