Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Robnoxious posted:

Well, Team Tony can't do anything cute like split votes, so Spence better get a good feel for where their votes are going and play his HII accordingly to insure Tony bounces.

They really should be able to use Jefra to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Trish is so good at reading people.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gotta give Tony credit for hustle.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Tony's going to blast off to mars

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Such good juxtaposition here - Jefra's whining in the water while Tony is furiously searching the entire island for an idol. The only thing I don't like about this is when he finds the TP idol people are going to blame the producers...

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Sonvabitch.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
holy crap. That's amazing

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

This idol is so goddamn stupid

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Wow Tony. Some impressive blind searching there.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just a loving terrible idol.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ugh special idol. Would be so much better right now if Tony had an normal idol. Then we'd have suspense whether he'd play it tonight or not, we'd have suspense about who's going home, now we know Tony is safe no matter what.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yep, Jefra's dead.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm glad Tony found it but I want him to win without that. Still, digging it up FROM UNDER THE GROUND without a clue: nice.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Poque posted:

Trish is so good at reading people.
She doesn't get a lot of time but she's always shown as really good at the game outside of the Lindsey feud.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

"Whenever you get rid of someone in this game who is annoying you, you screw yourself." -Kass

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Unmerciful posted:

Such good juxtaposition here - Jefra's whining in the water while Tony is furiously searching the entire island for an idol. The only thing I don't like about this is when he finds the TP idol people are going to blame the producers...

Well they did tell him where it was at. I hate it when they fix these shows.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Unmerciful posted:

You could argue that Jefra's talking to people trying to turn the game while Tony is searching for a secret power to save him from the corner he painted himself into.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

poo poo idol is poo poo.

gently caress you Tyler Perry!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Yep, Jefra's dead.

Not anymore she's not.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I feel like the way to play this idol is to let people know about it. Like, they'll be so hesitant to organize against it because it inevitably could bounce back on them.

I wonder what happens if all the votes go for Tony and Spencer and Spencer plays his idol.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

LeJackal posted:

Well they did tell him where it was at. I hate it when they fix these shows.

I doubt it. Tony has been proactive all game. Do you see anyone else looking?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Tony is the best

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Do not like this super powered idol.

So, Tony can literally wait until the votes are read and then hand his idol to anyone to save them?

That sucks.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

blue squares posted:

I guess he was lucky that he happened to look at that tree, and happened to start digging, and happened to find the idol buried under the ground without a friggin' clue. Maybe the producers didn't flat out tell him, but when three camera-men are all staring at one patch of ground.....

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

So, Tony can literally wait until the votes are read and then hand his idol to anyone to save them?

That sucks.

When he read it he said it can only be used to save the person who has it I believe.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Another crazy Tribal Council is GOOOOOOOOO!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I totally didn't think the idol would be there, the dirt didn't look disturbed at all. Like, it looked totally natural.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Don't like this foreshadowing about Spencer misplaying the idol :ohdear:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

That sucks.

He can only use it for himeself

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

That sucks.

No, I thought the note that was with the idol said it couldn't be given to anyone else.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Poque posted:

I totally didn't think the idol would be there, the dirt didn't look disturbed at all. Like, it looked totally natural.

Super lucky that Tony decided to dig there, huh?

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

blue squares posted:

I think/hope he's being sarcastic. Standards and Practices would have shut this show down a long long time ago if there was any hint of misconduct. Game shows with prizes have been rigorously policed since like the 1950s

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
'Gat drat Spencer.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Wow that is EXACTLY how you play the game at Tribal - Spencer finally earned my respect there...

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Why would Trish/Jefra/Kass have to be worried about being at the bottom of their alliance? They got left 'in the dark' by two people, and Spencer/Jeremiah are being abundantly clear that Tony's swap wasn't a long-term thing.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

My call: Spencer should give Jeremiah the idol if they want to bounce the vote. That's who it's going to be going on. This has been demonstrated a few times, like when the Brains targeted Jefra or when Tony's alliance targeted Morgan.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Unmerciful posted:

I think/hope he's being sarcastic. Standards and Practices would have shut this show down a long long time ago if there was any hint of misconduct. Game shows with prizes have been rigorously policed since like the 1950s
We've been over this before. Games like Survivor and Big Brother don't fall under the Standards & Practice rules of games shows like TPIR or Jeopardy.

Reality shows fall under a different set of rules were production manipulation and steering is allowed.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Unmerciful posted:

Competition shows are not game shows.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha, nice vote Spencer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:laffo::laffo:

Oh Spencer.