Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Roast Beef was lucky to get a hot dog cheeser, which is probably just a hotdog with a slice of cheese product on top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Are we still not allowed to complain about Achewood without everyone crying? Because three weeks is a long time to not update, and also, gently caress Onstad.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
We are always allowed to complain about Achewood. The crying happens regardless of the current complaint level.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm just disappointed that the relatively quick update schedule lasted just long enough to make me believe that Achewood was really back, and also that it ceased as soon as that boring story arc ended and some good gags started coming through.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Evil Sagan posted:

I'm just disappointed that the relatively quick update schedule lasted just long enough to make me believe that Achewood was really back, and also that it ceased as soon as that boring story arc ended and some good gags started coming through.

warned you

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
you are always warning. you are a constantly blaring klaxon, undifferentiated, signifying nothing

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people

Evil Sagan posted:

It's not funny if Charlie Brown gets to kick the football

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004
The hallmark of youth is believing in things, so I'm laughing at everyone who doesn't already expect the Achewood schedule, and everything else in this world, to fall apart.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I expect nothing from this but it still manages to disappoint

the numa numa song
Oct 3, 2006

Even though
I'm better than you
I am not

Van Dis posted:

expect the Achewood schedule, and everything else in this world, to fall apart.

Runner up for thread title right here.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I would like Chris Onstad to make a new web comic.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

qntm posted:

I would like Chris Onstad to make a new web comic.

In theory, Chris has actually started an infinite number of web comics that simply haven't updated even once yet.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I mean, if I remember correctly, he's suffering from health problems at the moment which is a pretty fair reason to not make comics

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Uh oh guys. Looks like Onstad took our suggestions of brevity too far

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

It's pretty awesome to see other webcomic artists see this thread and comment on how horrible we are.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

It's pretty awesome to see other webcomic artists see this thread and comment on how horrible we are.

Link?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
If you think achewood is bad wait until you see what the rest of the webcomics are like.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Oh god, there are other webcomics?!

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Hooray, more than ten posts, surely this must be a ne-nope same negative turds jacking each other off. For real, just let the thread lie fallow if there isn't an update or if you just want to poo poo on a dude you don't even know for no real reason.

ryonguy fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 24, 2014

head58
Apr 1, 2013

The only thing worse than this thread when there is no new Achewood is this thread when there is a new Achewood.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

ryonguy posted:

Hooray, more than ten posts, surely this must be a ne-nope same negative turds jacking each other off. For real, just let the thread lie fallow if there isn't an update or if you just want to poo poo on a dude you don't even know for no real reason.

Make me.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

lol good cause achewood was the only good webcomic

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lol good cause achewood was the only good webcomic

You should check out Dinosaur Comics. It is nearly as witty, though in a sillier way, and although the art is simplistic it is consistently good.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Edit: another

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 24, 2014

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

There's a GBS thread that might be more relevant to most of that. They make fun of/feel sorry for Jeph Jacques a lot.

Willing to bet a lot of Onstad's fans are pretty lovely because they either feel like they're owed something or they paid for a cookbook and are literally owed something.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
https://www.somethingreprehensible.com

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

aaron looks like he steal girls underwear

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

ryonguy posted:

This, on the other hand, is a quality useful post.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

The surliness and unhappiness is part of the Achewood experience. It's comforting in its familiarity. Letting the thread lie fallow would mean it was not an Achewood thread.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Right, trying to infer things about an artist through his work is the worst thing in the world. Scratch that, one of the worst things. Right below genocide, definitely.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ryonguy posted:

Please! Shut up about his divorce!

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

These people have lovely webcomics but I can't really argue with them in this case.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Evil Sagan posted:

This, on the other hand, is a quality useful post.

lol yeah three solid years of whinging from Woodrow about how much onstad sucks, but that post is totes just as bad.

Darth Windu posted:

Right, trying to infer things about an artist through his work is the worst thing in the world. Scratch that, one of the worst things. Right below genocide, definitely.

"Wow, these posters are pretty lovely towards this Onstad guy."

"WELL I GUESS WE'RE HITLER THEN HUH!!?!?!?!?":smug:

Jesus christ, dude. Get over yourself.

Eikre
May 2, 2009

JoshTheStampede posted:

These people have lovely webcomics but I can't really argue with them in this case.

Yeah you can, its really easy, try starting with "lol look at this twelve year old that tops his list of reprehensible conduct with 'helldumping.' "

And then poop on his driveway so that he can experience an even more HENIOUS act than he had apparently ever imagined before, and be overtaken with such passion that he might produce another page of his comic before the year ends.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

ryonguy posted:

lol yeah three solid years of whinging from Woodrow about how much onstad sucks, but that post is totes just as bad.

You think you're the only person to come in here with "the Achewood thread killed Onstad's dog :qq:" poo poo? It's the only thing more reliable than Fuhrer Woodrow's campaign of terror against Onstad and anyone who likes Achewood (and also their respective pets, where appropriate)

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

i really like how now i have waged a war of hatred against onstad and achewood when my reaction to most of the new stuff was praise even when everyone dogpiled the strip when lyle met penny lol

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Worst thread, posted on ugliest forum.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
Shut up, all of you! God, I've never wanted to start a joint company less in my life!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Eikre posted:

Yeah you can, its really easy, try starting with "lol look at this twelve year old that tops his list of reprehensible conduct with 'helldumping.' "

And then poop on his driveway so that he can experience an even more HENIOUS act than he had apparently ever imagined before, and be overtaken with such passion that he might produce another page of his comic before the year ends.

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Forums user "Eikre" believes that pooping on Aaron Diaz' driveway will prompt him to produce more content for his popular comic, Lackadaisy Dresden.