Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Smiling Jack posted:

i made my first post in a SA GRRM thread nine years ago

please

please

end it

end everything

Please quote yourself in this thread on the 10th anniversary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

quote:

Marcus felt an instant erection press against the scales of his groin.

How does this even work :stonk:

Unless, of course, it's not his erection, then it makes perfect sense.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

GRUM posted:

Since a lot of people have been emailing me about this, however, I will reply... but please, take any further discussion of the show to one of the myriad on-line forums devoted to that. I do not want long detailed dissections and debates about the TV series here on my blog.

It's finally starting to get to him isn't it? He's realising that in two years this rape nonsense will be nothing, because the show will be making things up wholesale, and whatever version gets out there first will be the one people remember as 'cannon'.

I mean, loving hell, it was only a few years ago that every post on his blog was about the TV show, with all that casting rumour quiz poo poo. And now he doesn't want any discussion on there?

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 23, 2014

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

It's okay, because he's secretly been plotting and revising and expertly crafting both of the last books in paral-BAaAHAhahahahhaah. Hooo. Hoo.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
maybe the big twist is that grrm murders the tv show producers in the finale of season 4

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Yeah, yeah, it's late and memes and poo poo but dat catt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7218KbK0qlI

valar meowghulis

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

They changed the colour of Ser Pounce? That's it, I'm done.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Smiling Jack posted:

please

please

end it

end everything

quote pls

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
He doesn't want any discussion about the rape stuff in the show, cause it could rub off on the reputations of the books being all about rape or something like that. Makes sense.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Smiling Jack posted:

please

please

end it

end everything

There will never be an end to this series. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kylaer posted:

How does this even work :stonk:

Unless, of course, it's not his erection, then it makes perfect sense.

I'm glad you read to that part. It's like a loving Koan.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SaviourX posted:

Yeah, yeah, it's late and memes and poo poo but dat catt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7218KbK0qlI

valar meowghulis

The only grumpy bastard with the rights to sit on that throne is Stannis. :colbert:

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aurain posted:

The only grumpy bastard with the rights to sit on that throne is Stannis. :colbert:

Victorian is grumpy as gently caress, and I'd be a-ok with him on the throne!

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
If given the choice between having the world be ridden of this series like something erased from a hard drive like it never happened, or the final books all coming out tomorrow simultaneously, I would choose erasure.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Damo posted:

If given the choice between having the world be ridden of this series like something erased from a hard drive like it never happened, or the final books all coming out tomorrow simultaneously, I would choose erasure.

They had some good tracks but overall I would choose Depeche Mode.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

syscall girl posted:

They had some good tracks but overall I would choose Depeche Mode.

Well poo poo now I have to go listen to Everything Counts over and over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t-gK-9EIq4

Or perhaps "I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors, but I think that GRRMS got a sick sense of humor....

kcroy fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Apr 23, 2014

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

kcroy posted:

Well poo poo now I have to go listen to Everything Counts over and over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t-gK-9EIq4

Or perhaps "I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors, but I think that GRRMS got a sick sense of humor....

Good song.

Now I have a strange urge to retcon Little Fifteen.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

Junkenstein posted:

It's finally starting to get to him isn't it? He's realising that in two years this rape nonsense will be nothing, because the show will be making things up wholesale, and whatever version gets out there first will be the one people remember as 'cannon'.

I mean, loving hell, it was only a few years ago that every post on his blog was about the TV show, with all that casting rumour quiz poo poo. And now he doesn't want any discussion on there?

"It's OK, I still have a few years before the show catches up to the books so I'm fine."

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

syscall girl posted:

Good song.

Now I have a strange urge to retcon Little Fifteen.

You know never really listened to that song. I wish I could animate.. I'd like to redo everything counts, to have GRRM running around trying to finish his manuscript, but around every corner evil HBO is distracting him and trying to "beat" him to the ending!

But speaking of Erasure. This song is clearly a love song sung from the Other who seduced the Leader of the Night's Watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dyiY1ihaMY

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Junkenstein posted:

I think we are just getting the tip of the iceberg of GURM's butthurt about all of this. The 'butterfly effect' is something he has brought up many times, and only tells me that he gets offended by every little change, since he thinks it all will culminate in big changes to the story. This would be no big deal if he were to ever finish his books, but instead he will be arguing every little point with the ASoIaF document of record, the show.

suspicious donkey!
Jun 26, 2013
did you know? grrm met with the writers of the show. they even told him how it all would end!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

vaucede posted:

did you know? grrm met with the writers of the show. they even told him how it all would end!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YjGZ9IAbdk

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

vaucede posted:

Good thing too, that way they'll at least have someone to finish the series for them in case they die prematurely. Albeit only in officially licensed dead tree form, but it's better than nothing. That way at least their life's work and magnum opus won't remain unfinished forever. The writers of HBO's quality television program Game of Thrones: truly the American Tolkien.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Joramun posted:

Good thing too, that way they'll at least have someone to finish the series for them in case they die prematurely. Albeit only in officially licensed dead tree form, but it's better than nothing. That way at least their life's work and magnum opus won't remain unfinished forever. The writers of HBO's quality television program Game of Thrones: truly the American Tolkien.

Wouldn't they be American Peter Jacksons?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Joramun posted:

Barring their deaths HBO could cancel the show before it reaches whatever faraway conclusion they've slated. There is a long history of unresolved HBO series and if they don't clarify what beloved Khaleesi is doing out in the great gently caress off desert they could lose their audience. I'm sure GRRM will make some nice suggestions about how to resolve this. He probably even has a number where he can get in touch with their voicemail.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

syscall girl posted:

Barring their deaths HBO could cancel the show before it reaches whatever faraway conclusion they've slated.

Alas, God is not that merciful.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Hogge Wild posted:

Wouldn't they be American Peter Jacksons?

Actually, the correct way to pluralize this way is Peters Jackson. Same with titles, so you could meet the Doctors Oz, or Misters Mister.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Lemons Cake.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Legitimates Rape.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
SA Corey is the Rapes Rape Martin of collaborative space opera.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

It may be collaborative, but is it consensual? The answer may surprise you.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

My brother's seed? In my vagina? :aaa:

It's more likely than you think.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Ever since that one Onion story I can't help but order it as "2 Whoppers Jr."

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Pretties Pig.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

My brother's seed? In my vagina? :aaa:

It's more likely than you think.
Readers hate him! Local football enthusiast discovers one WEIRD trick to make millions without writing!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Urdnot Fire posted:

Readers hate him! Local football enthusiast discovers one WEIRD trick to make millions without writing!

Someone get me some noxema cream because I'm lollys here.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Urdnot Fire posted:

[OMG] [LOL] [WIN] [WTF]

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

What Happens When One Jersey-born Author Doesn't Take "Write" For An Answer.
First you'll be speechless, then you'll be blown away

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Then you'll be posting in The Book Barn in The Bad Thread for years on end.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

vaucede posted:

EEEEyy ohhhhh!

Junkenstein posted:

And now he doesn't want any discussion on there?

http://grrm.livejournal.com/tag/

hbo / game of thrones - 277 uses
the winds of winter - 7 uses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Urdnot Fire posted:

I love you, Urdnot Fire.