Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

astr0man posted:

This is exactly the same as esea/altpug/leetway PUGs except that it requires the use of IRC and instead of getting an RWS based rating you get an ELO one. It's not actually "matchmaking".

5v5 west de_any YOURS m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
Vitaliy Genkin [via CSGO_Servers]

We hope to have an update ready soon.

Thanks.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

weekly font posted:

Thank to whoever posted CSGO Lounge. I've quadrupled my skins since I started. This poo poo is easy.

Any general tips? I literally know nothing about tournament CSGO beyond the names of a couple of teams.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

NihilCredo posted:

Any general tips? I literally know nothing about tournament CSGO beyond the names of a couple of teams.

Bet what you can afford to lose. Don't feel bad about betting .04 skins. Bet big on big favorites and get a bunch of little skins back and then bet them all on huge underdogs.

Probably not great ROI but I've been doing great so far. Games with two American teams are high spots for underdogs. Never bet on Reliable.

e: Oh, and read the CSGO Betting Reddit. But don't listen to anyone's stupid idiot analysis. Read it to get info like the fact that Na'vi is 0-5 on Nuke and Reliable's AWPer quit last night.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 24, 2014

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Update is out

Patchnotes
OSX: Removed ability to aim by disabling mouse movement outside of menus

gg Valve

e: restarting the game 3 ties fixed this

Stumbletron fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 24, 2014

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
[UI]
- The options menu now has a setting for specifying which command will enable the mouse on the scoreboard. The option has a few presets but any command may be set using the convar cl_scoreboard_mouse_enable_binding directly (e.g. 'cl_scoreboard_mouse_enable_binding +jump').
- Fixed uninitialized scorecard for competitive matches being visible.
- Improved lobby performance.
- Added saving of inventory sort and filter dropdowns.
- Fixed chat window scroll bars getting stuck at the top/bottom.
- Fixed scoreboard mouse input when watching gotv.

[SDK/MAPPING]
- Added a new trigger (trigger_bomb_reset) that teleports dropped bombs back to a valid in-play position. This is intended to be used in player-inaccessible areas where a dropped bomb cannot be retrieved.
- Bots no longer see through tools/toolsblock_los func_brushes (npc line-of-sight blockers).
- Bot maximum vision distance can be set per-map by "Bot max vision distance" in info_map_parameters. Default is unlimited.
- Prop doors (prop_door_rotating) that are in the process of opening or closing can be checked to see if they are "Locked" and if so, ignore player +use.

[MAPS]
- Mirage
-- Enabled collision on arch corners (Thanks NBK!)
-- Fixed some spots where C4 could get stuck

-Vertigo
-- Added bomb teleport trigger to prevent bomb falling out of playable area
-- Closed off dumpster in chokepoint near bombsite B
-- Improved signage
-- Fixed players being able to climb down elevator shaft

[MISC]
- In Official Competitive matchmaking, the initial warmup timer will now start at 5min and reduce to 30s when the last player connects.
- In Official Competitive matchmaking, if any player has not connected by the end of warmup, they will receive an abandon and the match will be aborted.
- Fixed vote accounting in cases when players disconnect while the vote is in progress.
- Fixed a bug related to purchasing armor.
- Fixed smoke grenades popping again when thrown into more than one molotov fire in a row.
- Smoke volumes are now more consistently shaped with the particles more evenly distributed. The overall shape is now round and no longer square.
- Increased minimum distance from the center of a smoke grenade volume in which a player's view will be completely obscured by smoked.
- Fixed some "micro hitches" related to picking up weapons with custom finishes and new players joining a game.
- Fixed several potential crashes.
- Fixed some Coach bugs
-- Fixed radar and overview maps for coaches not behaving like players.
-- Fixed scoreboard item status for coaches not behaving like players.
- Added support for concommand spec_player_by_name for in-game spectators.
- Improved Official Competitive matchmaking scheduler to support more than 65,535 users playing competitive matches concurrently.
- Default USP, M4A1-S, and CZ-75 Auto weapons that are on the ground will show the correct names in "swap for" message.
- Decoy grenades now work properly for the USP-S, M4A1-S, and CZ75 Auto.
- Steam accounts that have never played CS:GO can now purchase and receive CS:GO inventory items via Steam Trading.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

- In Official Competitive matchmaking, the initial warmup timer will now start at 5min and reduce to 30s when the last player connects.
- In Official Competitive matchmaking, if any player has not connected by the end of warmup, they will receive an abandon and the match will be aborted.

I hate this.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

weekly font posted:

I hate this.
Uh... why? For what reason could you hate that? That's a great change.

Also posting this in both threads regarding the patch:

Reddit is saying SourceMod is broken with this patch, so they're suggesting holding off on updating for now.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Because I don't enjoy the clusterfuck that is warmup (I warmup elsewhere) and just let it connect me with 5 seconds left in warmup while I do other stuff on a different monitor.

It's not a big deal but five minutes seems like a huge waste of time for everyone. I'm down for the no bots though. So down.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 24, 2014

Amber Alert
Aug 28, 2009

fuk cyka

It's only five minutes until the game is fully populated. Then it's 30 seconds.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

weekly font posted:

Because I don't enjoy the clusterfuck that is warmup (I warmup elsewhere) and just let it connect me with 5 seconds left in warmup while I do other stuff on a different monitor.

It's not a big deal but five minutes seems like a huge waste of time for everyone. I'm down for the no bots though. So down.
Yeah it's not gonna be 5 minutes often, and if it goes 5 minutes, it's going to abandon anyway.

The other reason I've heard that makes more sense, are people that go AFK after hitting accept, get a drink or the like. I've done that, and that could result in a few AFKs in Pistol.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

quote:

-Vertigo
-- Fixed players being able to climb down elevator shaft

Valve is the worst.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Valve is the worst.

It's weird that they fixed this but there is no mention of the jump down to T spawn.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
off topic

RO2 is free today
http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/

Red Orchestra 2 and the Rising Storm expansion are separate games with a shared multiplayer, but the base game will give you limited access to Rising Storm content (1 class, no saved progress?). Rising Storm will also be free for the weekend if you want to try it before buying

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Coleman posted:

Yeah it's not gonna be 5 minutes often, and if it goes 5 minutes, it's going to abandon anyway.

The other reason I've heard that makes more sense, are people that go AFK after hitting accept, get a drink or the like. I've done that, and that could result in a few AFKs in Pistol.

From my understanding getting a drink after hitting accept will not be affected, because it's when the last player CONNECTS, not when the last player join their respective team.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!

:smith:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

gently caress valve

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Twas the scrubbiest spot in the game. Someone half-competent hiding in it? Enjoy losing a man to find out no matter what! Either get shot from the dump when you peek site approach or vice versa.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I like that its a hastily slapped together piece of plywood blocking it instead of some kind of metal dumpster door texture.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
What's the word on when to buy armor and how much? I saw a youtube guy saying that if you know the opponents are all buying weapons, it might not be worth it to get a helmet, because it won't be able to save you from a headshot anymore. Is there a big chart somewhere of how many bullets it takes to kill someone with and without armor, across different guns and target areas?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

What's the word on when to buy armor and how much? I saw a youtube guy saying that if you know the opponents are all buying weapons, it might not be worth it to get a helmet, because it won't be able to save you from a headshot anymore. Is there a big chart somewhere of how many bullets it takes to kill someone with and without armor, across different guns and target areas?

If you are CT side you have the option of skimping on the helmet since an AK headshot will kill you whether or not you have one. T side you should always be buying the helmet because it will save you from an M4 headshot. You should always be buying armor any time you are full buying, but keep in mind you don't need to rebuy armor unless you are down to like 30-40ish left.

edit: weapon damage charts are here: http://www.schuzak.jp/cs-go/dmgchart.html

edit2: also you never need to rebuy a helmet.

astr0man fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 24, 2014

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Is there a big chart somewhere of how many bullets it takes to kill someone with and without armor, across different guns and target areas?

There are a bunch but this one is nice and simple: schuzak.jp/cs-go/dmgchart.html

e: astro :argh:

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

DeusExMachinima posted:

Twas the scrubbiest spot in the game. Someone half-competent hiding in it? Enjoy losing a man to find out no matter what! Either get shot from the dump when you peek site approach or vice versa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe0xUqtN2ww

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Three crashes post-update. One cost me a cooldown with the new rules. Anyone else?

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
So, they fixed one way smokes?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

down with slavery posted:

Ding ding ding, tick rate is almost never an issue. There are so many invisible points of failure that can happen during an online gaming session that most people just throw their hands up and cry tickrate when the reality is much more complicated. That's not to say that you don't see better performance on a 128 tick server, but people blaming their deaths on tick rate are Dunning-Krugering all over the place.

Thank you, I have no idea who you are in the serv but it's good to see someone who actually uses a brain and thinks about what the tick rate actually means.

But then you have mcvey who is firmly in the crowd of "Higher number is clearly better"

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Apr 24, 2014

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

That's why I play with 500ms.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Listen, listen. Tickrate is like golf, the lower the better, especially when you go negative.

All servers should try to achieve a hole-in-one, or an albatross, so we can win the cup.

This is also why you should only really use a 3-iron(P250) on servers with a 47 tick rate.

Otherwise the green doesn't match up with the fairway, and the next thing you know you've lost 10 rounds in a row and your ball's in the rough.

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011
I am hereby announcing the Counter-Strike Global Offensive Golf Tournament!

To enter, please discuss mouse sensitivity for the next 5 pages

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
Hey guys I play with a wireless mouse on 400dpi!

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I can switch batteries faster than my pistol reloads.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

s0m3 guy posted:

Hey guys I play with a wireless mouse on 400dpi!

Your insinuation of 400dpi being inferior makes me more angry than the wireless.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009

mega bullshit

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Reading the changes on the patch, the MM warmup changes are very nice.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
I played some games earlier and it worked really nicely. No chance of starting with 4 and I haven't had one last more than ~30s yet.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Xenaero posted:

Reading the changes on the patch, the MM warmup changes are very nice.

I'm not sure I like the prospect of waiting up to five minutes and wind up not actually playing a game afterwards.

It might be good for grinding grenade achievements though.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
The update had some smoke visibility changes. Do one-way smokes still work?

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Smol posted:

Well apparently the old one way smoke is back, where you throw a smoke on hut in nuke, or B tunnel entrance on d2 and anyone pushing through can't see poo poo.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Smol posted:

As far as I can tell this has been fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

DeusExMachinima posted:

That's why you prefire it, or use any number of grenades. The most they will kill is 1 person before being traded, leaving it a 4v4 which is to the T's advantage.

• Locked thread