Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Crotch Fruit posted:

So I've had my fair share of successful Bricklink orders, some with great customer servic ("Missing piece? On its way!), some not so great ("How dare you say a piece is missing!"), and throughout all of this, I have never received an order without a tracking number. Either USPS sucks (right. . .) or the loving spergy shop owners just see untracked orders as a pure profit. Of course they sent your $50 worth of Lego, its clearly lost in the mail. . .

My latest ordered was placed about two months ago with tracking, took a week to invoice everything, I paid immediately, and another week later my order was marked shipped on bricklink. But I had no tracking number and no further contact from the store. :suicide: Fast forward to today, long after I had given up all hope on that order, paypal e-mailed me a tracking number.

I love bricklink but sometimes on rare occasions the sellers really can be assholes.

What kills me is the sellers claiming that they aren't responsible for the packages if they are lost. I had issue with one store over this it was a small order only around $35. I ended up doing a chargeback over my credit card just because the person was such a dick over the order. They didn't offer insurance on orders under $50 apparently even though I clicked the box. Visa sided with me right away and basically told me that anything I buy online insured or not, if I don't get it they reclaim the funds.

Even right now I have a problem order, it was only about 40 different types of parts and yet 11 of them the seller has sent me a item removal request. 1/4 of my order the store didn't have the number of parts they listed. Even with all the issues I still use bricklink because overall it is worth it to get parts. Plus after my one missing order learning Visa will always cough back the cash if it doesn't show up works for me as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Apparently Lego has had so much success with CUUSOO that they are ending their partnership and doing it on their own. Link.

Also I got this guy in the mail today, he was totally worth it.

:omarcomin:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

deoju posted:

Apparently Lego has had so much success with CUUSOO that they are ending their partnership and doing it on their own. Link.

I didn't even realize CUUSOO was a separate entity. I thought it was just a weird name for Lego's fan-sourced designs program.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

deoju posted:

:vince:

Oh man, they have a tr00 kvlt black metal dude too. I am gonna clean them out, thanks for the link.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

deoju posted:

Wow, I kind of want the Tyrion minifig but $55 for 3 guys is a bit too much. :shepspends:

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The new Simpsons mini-figs are pretty disappointing in quality. Chief Wigums hat is glued to his head and the colors are overrun. Almost looks like a megablock. :(

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The printing/colors on mine are good. I figure the hat doesn't come off because of how the head molds are completely non-standard, what would be under there? To each their own, though. There are definitely some Chinese made figs I have been disappointed in (the clone lieutenant freebie looks kind of crap compared to the other recent phase I clones), but I feel pretty good about the Simpsons line from what I've got so far.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Just snagged a 79110 from a Ross with all the poly bags for 29.99

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So Lego just sent me the Sneak Peak for VIPs e-mail about May the 4th and besides the Darth Revan thing which everybody knew, apparently there'll be a sale on Star Wars sets. Which ones no one knows, which would have been much better secret information lol.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Wasn't there supposed to be some new set reveal on the 15th?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Finally got Simpsons minifigs in my Target. Got all of em but Ned and Wiggum.

I have Burns/Bart/Millhouse as extras if anyone is up for a trade/cash.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

mattfl posted:

I need all 3 of those if you want to do cash ($13? Shipped) or if you want any lego movie minifigs I have a bunch of extras.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

mattfl posted:

I need a Millhouse!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

I need all 3 of those if you want to do cash ($13? Shipped) or if you want any lego movie minifigs I have a bunch of extras.

That'll work. I'll pick up the 2 I need from brick link.

PayPal - mattfl @ gmail.com

Will ship out Monday.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

parque bynch posted:

I don't have pm, but you can reach me at gutsman at gmail dot com.

Got Milhouse yesterday, thanks again!

I still have an extra Ned and Bart if anyone wants to trade.

I've already got those, Marge, Lisa, Homer, Abe, Nelson, Milhouse and Burns.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 27, 2014

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

Handsome Ralph posted:

Got Milhouse yesterday, thanks again!

I still have an extra Ned and Bart if anyone wants to trade.

I've already got those, Abe, Nelson, Milhouse and Burns.

And I got Blinky a few days ago. Maggie and Mr. Burns are the only ones I have so far, and that's because I wanted Maggie's bear and Blinky. Same for Grampa's "Old Man Yells at Cloud" newspaper.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Dude. So excited to have something go next to the carousel.

http://awesometoyblog.com/2014/04/26/lego-announces-new-fairground-mixer-set/

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Today on http://www.teefury.com/

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

mattfl posted:

That'll work. I'll pick up the 2 I need from brick link.

PayPal - mattfl @ gmail.com

Will ship out Monday.

Sent, kicked in a little extra for Paypal fees.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ireladd posted:

Dude. So excited to have something go next to the carousel.

http://awesometoyblog.com/2014/04/26/lego-announces-new-fairground-mixer-set/

The dude juggling on stilts is loving genius with the third pin in the air.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Had some pretty good luck with the Simpsons mini-figs today. I bought 20 (intending to give duplicates to friends) and got nearly a whole set. I'm only missing Apu and Grandpa. I have spares of Lisa, Mr. Burns, Krusty, Marge, Bart and Maggie.

If you'd like to arrange a trade please PM me.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Sent, kicked in a little extra for Paypal fees.

Got it!

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Holy crap on a stick. This makes me want to go to the county fair. Simple amazing IMO. Sick man and that space man shirt.

http://youtu.be/xOGKb0sLTPA

DrChud fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 27, 2014

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
Yeah that one's gonna be an instabuy for me I think

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.
The fact that the ride spins has me completely captivated. Might just get this, despite shying away from the larger price-tags.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
I just used bricklink to get parts to build my minifig scale hmmwv fleet, and man, 4-5 of the sellers I've used was great. 1 was house of Logos and I missed the TOS stating 10 business days to ship ... whatever I guess so I waited but it wound up taking 3-4 weeks before I got the parts... that sucked.

I wound up leaving neutral feedback, and the seller sorta freaked out asking what the problem was and to change it to positive but I disagreed because she tried to cover herself by saying... 10 business days but some orders can take longer or shorter which doesn't really fly with me...

Apparently I'm not the only one since with 22000 feedbacks there is a fair share of neutral/negative feedback due to shipping times. Lesson learned I guess.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I guess I've just been super lucky then.. I've put in 1-2 orders per month for the past 9 months or so and have always had my goodies in a week or less with absolutely no drama.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

So before I order from Bricklink does anyone have the following movie minifigs so I can finish that set already.

Calaminty Drone m
Shakespeare
Mrs. Scratchen-Post
Marsha

mattfl fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 27, 2014

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

xzzy posted:

I guess I've just been super lucky then.. I've put in 1-2 orders per month for the past 9 months or so and have always had my goodies in a week or less with absolutely no drama.

I've been really lucky too. About the same number of orders as xzzy and only one of them was significantly long in getting delivered(the seller apologized and gave me free extras in the original package). My buying has slowed down as lately I have to order from Europe to get the pieces I need, but still no real problems other than normal Europe shipping times.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Ugh got a duplicate Wiggum! But I did get Itchy, Lisa, and most importantly Mr. Burns. I'm really liking these after really disliking the ones that come with the house.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Just an update on my Bricklink drama, I placed my order and paid for it in early March, it arrived last Thursday April 24. Most of the parts were hilariously innacurate. . . I don't remember checking the feedback before ordering, but as soon as I received the order I checked the store feedback - 300 positive, 40 negative, and I'm guessing all of the negative feedback came in the last month or two. All of the recent feedback that I read was poo poo like "seller won't ship, got a refund" and the few positive were "took forever to ship", and on Friday the store was shut down due to too many non-shipping seller complaints.

I like Bricklink, I still trust Bricklink, I would say 90% of my orders have gone absolutely perfectly with no issues or great customer service when there was a problem. I just really need to pay more attention to seller feedback ratings. Also the website looks like something from the 90s and they should start requiring tracking numbers on every order.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
Wow -- I've literally never had a problem with bricklink sellers. That said, I do check feedback and usually end up buying from larger sellers that have a lot of inventory, so maybe I have a biased experience? :shrug:

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

mattfl posted:

So before I order from Bricklink does anyone have the following movie minifigs so I can finish that set already.

Calaminty Drone m
Shakespeare
Mrs. Scratchen-Post
Marsha

Not sure if your interested but I have a mrs. Scratchen post minus her cat, it met a gruesome fate from my dog. Your more than welcomed to it if you want.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/04/the-next-great-lego-set-captures-the-magic-and-puking-of-a-carnival/

Puking lego man!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Puking lego man!

The reveal video made sure to point out several times that it's an ALL NEW PRINTING!!

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Lego is making it harder for me to resist buying the x-wing :(

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Ika posted:

Lego is making it harder for me to resist buying the x-wing :(

If it's sub 150 during the sale, it's an instabuy for me.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It's a really great set. It's the only one that is on permanent display in our living room area and people love it. Also it was fun to build and is kind of swooshable for an adult.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

If it's sub 150 during the sale, it's an instabuy for me.

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Here in germany its on sale for 170 instead of 200. So still 240$ or so :(