Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I had to look this up on the R&F subreddit as I couldn't listen to the show today...but now he's got a herniated disc in his neck from the gout and now has to take insulin during every meal to treat his diabetes. At this point Ron has got to stop trying to shame the rear end in a top hat to quit and just fire him outright, for his own health.
What makes you think being off the show would help him? Perhaps he's just a broken person unfit for being alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Are O&A off all week?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

No just today.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

these cronut guy bits are radio GOLD, thanks roland

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Monday's Ron and Fez show with Jay sitting in was about as good as it gets.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

therealjon_ posted:

honestly, I just want big jay in there all the time

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

these cronut guy bits are radio GOLD, thanks roland

I'd be happy if I never heard the word cronut again.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
There's a HUGE contrast in humor between when the boys read "Words Hurt" in defiance to orders not to bring it to the air, and Tuesday's show where a bunch of curmudgeons wanted to normalize beating women and said a gay kid being called "human being" wasn't being hurt.

:smith:

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.

Morter posted:

There's a HUGE contrast in humor between when the boys read "Words Hurt" in defiance to orders not to bring it to the air, and Tuesday's show where a bunch of curmudgeons wanted to normalize beating women and said a gay kid being called "human being" wasn't being hurt.

:smith:

Yeah I was really looking forward to having Bert on. I ended up turning it off though because it turned into a "I dont care if it hurts people, I wanna say human being just cuz!" discussion.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Yeah, I also had to bail out during that conversation. I don't even consider myself to be PC, but you can only hear "human being doesn't mean gay! you say it when your friend doesn't wanna go out!" so many times. I couldn't care less if a bunch of 50-year-olds say "human being" or "gay", but their absolute stubbornness and utter refusal to see it any other way than their own is just mind-boggling. I also got really sick of frat-boy "haze the new guy" Opie. He'll never do that against confident guys like Burr or Dan Soder, but someone like Bert is perfect for Opie to pick on. I wonder how Opie would react if it were Joe Rogan saying he doesn't say "human being" anymore (which he doesn't).

therealjon_ posted:

Amazing show. I was absolutely dying during the topic of Jay's horrible late 80's fashion.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Apr 23, 2014

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

Cromulent posted:

Amazing show. I was absolutely dying during the topic of Jay's horrible late 80's fashion.

Def Jam laugh is my new favorite term.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Ransom posted:

Def Jam laugh is my new favorite term.

Also the dad/step-dad gags had me rolling even if it was a break they'd done before.

NO gently caress YOU, GARY!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Weird how this week without Fez is great so far.

This dude from the travel channel who loves Ron is funny as hell.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Cromulent posted:

I wonder how Opie would react if it were Joe Rogan saying he doesn't say "human being" anymore (which he doesn't).
Probably the same way they react when Louie talks about stuff they do (i.e. "You made a joke about Christians, now make a joke about Muslims. Go on, make fun of Muslims."), talk about how right he is and go back to doing it without any self awareness when he's gone.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin
Ron on "Hot Eskimos":

I hope they didn't just put fur on a Korean.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

therealjon_ posted:

Weird how this week without Fez is great so far.

This dude from the travel channel who loves Ron is funny as hell.

Yeah, he was fanboying it up pretty hard, but I can't say I blame him. Really enjoyed that interview. Is this the first time Ron's interviewed a comedian who also happened to be a huge fan?

Also he laughs like a lunatic.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Yeah, he was fanboying it up pretty hard, but I can't say I blame him. Really enjoyed that interview. Is this the first time Ron's interviewed a comedian who also happened to be a huge fan?

bert kreischer rules. Check him out on the joe rogan podcast. That's where the book and everything stemmed from.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Dip Facial posted:

Ron on "Hot Eskimos":

I hope they didn't just put fur on a Korean.

Ronny B really is one of the funniest guys on Earth. It took me a while to get into the rhythm of the show, but I'm glad I persevered.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Anthony shows a remarkable lack of self awareness when he claims that things he says from a position of privilege (meaning, a position wherein he's never been a real minority that gets beat upon) don't hurt anyone and that said minorities should just somehow suck it up or "stop being minorities."

It doesn't matter what the meaning of the words were in 1977. If you're going to continue using them in 2014, there has to be an acknowledgment that you're using them despite how hurtful they can be, and thus you run the risk of being called a hateful rear end in a top hat for it. Use them if you want, but accept the consequences.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
They refer to themselves as genuinely hateful literally all the time.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

AndrewP posted:

I think Bobby Moynihan mentioned that he was a big fan of O&A/R&F in his Unmasked. I don't think they went too far into detail about it though.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Chrispurple posted:

I think Bobby Moynihan mentioned that he was a big fan of O&A/R&F in his Unmasked. I don't think they went too far into detail about it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIexj8Cb9Xw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYUfdJFbZpA

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN1ySMTbYD4

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I recently signed up to Sirius for o and a, but god drat Ron is way funnier. I don't even really bother with o/a unless I'm out of poo poo to listen to at work.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Welcome to Thunder Dome, Google Butt.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Why does Jenny Hutt take so much abuse from the show? Holy poo poo is it brutal.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

cochise posted:

Why does Jenny Hutt take so much abuse from the show? Holy poo poo is it brutal.
She must know that they actually like her and she takes it to be a good sport. That's all I can think of. But yeah it is brutal. Also, I'm kind of glad she's off of Dr Drew's show. Dr Drew is a piece of poo poo and that HLN show was Nancy Grace-level despicable. I actually kind of like Jenny and I hope her next opportunity isn't something so demeaning.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster
I'm loving dying at these Canadians, they're just so nice.

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

I was prepping myself for Ant's response to Cliven Bundy and holy poo poo did he not disappoint. His claim was that it was Bundy's presentation rather than idea that was the problem. Also that he was taken out of context.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Ochowie posted:

I was prepping myself for Ant's response to Cliven Bundy and holy poo poo did he not disappoint. His claim was that it was Bundy's presentation rather than idea that was the problem. Also that he was taken out of context.

he's such a loving douche turd

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Ochowie posted:

I caught this on the replay. Good grief. EVERYONE ganged up on him too and he wouldn't back down on a single point.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Fez Whatley talks about his career as a professional wrestler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFmRYGuWp5A

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Ochowie posted:

no one let him off the hook for it and it was very funny

Excellent show overall today, Scorch and jocktober-style segments are one of the best combos possible

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
XXX Third times the charm.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Fair to Midland posted:

I'm loving dying at these Canadians, they're just so nice.

Honestly I don't know what they do on a normal basis but that segment was really pretty good. They took it completely in stride.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

that was definitely the way to handle jocktobering, the only time they slipped up and became hateable is when one of them lapsed into the bitch-rear end "i guess they don't have anything better to do! HYUCK HYUCK" cop-out defense frequently employed exclusively by people who are getting fully stomped out with no recourse.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Ochowie posted:

Oh yeah? Is it reasonable?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Combo posted:

Honestly I don't know what they do on a normal basis but that segment was really pretty good. They took it completely in stride.

Humble & Fred are alright in my book. Them deadpanning the discussion about aborted fetuses, dying in an "AIDS Fire" and anal sex was hilarious. THAT is how you handle a Jocktober spotlighting. Bravo.

CRACK FIRE BEATS
Sep 11, 2001

Paul Kersey posted:

Fez Whatley talks about his career as a professional wrestler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFmRYGuWp5A

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1hu99e

"The Ron & Ron radio show is red hot!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
1980?!?

• Locked thread