Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Meta Knight is in. He was a great addition last game (excluding his balancing issues), was a big part of the Sub-Space Emissary, and is one of Sakurai's babies.

Plus, just based on Sakurai's personality, I think he would see how unbalanced everyone declared Meta Knight was and consider it a challenge to make him perfect and then rub it in our faces when its fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

The T posted:

Not all emeralds are green. :v:

...Which was addressed in that post.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

TARDISman posted:

Smash Bros is one of the company's big bread winners, there's going to be a special 3DS.

God I hope not.

because if there is I'll have to buy it :allears:

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Space T Rex posted:

Meta Knight is in. He was a great addition last game (excluding his balancing issues), was a big part of the Sub-Space Emissary, and is one of Sakurai's babies.

Plus, just based on Sakurai's personality, I think he would see how unbalanced everyone declared Meta Knight was and consider it a challenge to make him perfect and then rub it in our faces when its fixed.

Yeah, and considering Metaknight was the big one shown off for Brawl's reveal over Dedede, as well as the Halberd returning, I'd say it's safe to say he's coming back. King Dedede just got revealed for the Triple Deluxe release in JP because he plays an important part in that games story (Kirby is trying to rescue him) and is the star of his own rythmn mini-game in it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

LanceKing2200 posted:

God I hope not.

Same here, but I really like my ALBW 3DSXL so I'd be torn between switching (again). It'd have to have one hell of a sweet design.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Sire Oblivion posted:

Same here, but I really like my ALBW 3DSXL so I'd be torn between switching (again). It'd have to have one hell of a sweet design.

My only regret is that the OoT 3ds isn't an XL.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

LanceKing2200 posted:

God I hope not.

God knows I will, the B button on my Fire Emblem 3DS is going... :smithicide:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

frodnonnag posted:

My only regret is that the OoT 3ds isn't an XL.

I like the LBW XL so much better than the OOT model, anyway.

It's classy, minimalist, and cleverly matches the game's story. Even the text on the back is integrated in a way that respects the design!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

I like the LBW XL so much better than the OOT model, anyway.

It's classy, minimalist, and cleverly matches the game's story. Even the text on the back is integrated in a way that respects the design!

That is really well-designed. I have a blue regular one with a purple cat sticker on it.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
I've been playing Ocarina 3D and I'm seriously curious how the 3D works. It's like magic.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Close one eye and tilt the system left-to-right, and you'll get the gist of how the tech works.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
StreetPass is an excellent feature and really goes to show that when Nintendo stops being stubborn about something it can innovate in really cool ways. I just had my first fight with a shadow Link in LBW and it's cool to know they'll be able to fight me at some point too (although the guy only had 3 hearts so I hope he waits!)

Edit: Whoops, meant to post this in the 3DS thread.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 24, 2014

Kristler
Apr 19, 2014
I hope Phoenix Wright makes a debut in a Smash Bros. game someday. My life would be complete if I got to bop Kirby with a briefcase.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Kristler posted:

I hope Phoenix Wright makes a debut in a Smash Bros. game someday. My life would be complete if I got to bop Kirby with a briefcase.

UMVC3 has done drat near as much as possible with him. He has a pretty big moveset, Maya's even a big part of his playstyle.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Excels posted:

UMVC3 has done drat near as much as possible with him. He has a pretty big moveset, Maya's even a big part of his playstyle.

Before his trailer was revealed, I actually thought he'd place psychelocks on opponents and then hit them with the magatama for damage based on how many locks they have. So they haven't done EVERYTHING with him...

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Excels posted:

I've been playing Ocarina 3D and I'm seriously curious how the 3D works. It's like magic.

It's a lenticular display, which means it achieves a stereoscopic effect through mechanical means. Specifically, the display has a barrier of pixel-wide stripes, alternately transparent and opaque, positioned in front of it, at just the right distance so that if you're in the sweet spot, the opaque stripes block all the even columns from your right eye and all the odd columns from your left eye.

The barrier is not perfectly opaque, which is why in some games you get crosstalk; this is especially noticeable in OoT3D when you've got something bright right next to something black. Additionally, when you're not in the sweet spot, at least one of your eyes can see at least some of the pixels it's not supposed to. The barrier is fully transparent when the stereoscopy is disabled, but when it's turned on, it's always the same regardless of the setting of the depth slider, which actually causes the game to change its own rendering (usually by moving the virtual cameras closer or farther from each other, so there's more or less difference between the even and odd images).

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Thank you for explaining! Nintendo is so clever :allears:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Excels posted:

This is the Ice Climbers haven't been revealed. They've been replaced by Phoenix and Maya working in tandem.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Suspicious Cook posted:

This is the Ice Climbers haven't been revealed. They've been replaced by Phoenix and Maya working in tandem.

Aw man, you got me thinking about AA5 and now I can't get it out of my head.

Pic of the day:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I don't think that pose is an improvement unless Samus is Mr Fantastic now.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh god, her poor organs.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well Samus is a girl, therefore when she fires a gun she needs to pose with her crotch open towards the audience.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's even rigged badly; every time she bends her torso in any direction, her tiny waist forms this massive concave indentation and looks hilarious. This is the kind of frame you keep hidden like a goofy animation smear, not display proudly as an improvement.

Here's the old one, for reference:

I just don't get how they're making every possible lapse in aesthetic judgment with ZSS when everything else looks so good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jesus, seeing them side-by-side really emphasizes how bad the new ZSS looks.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Well, it's not an impossible pose. But it sure does look uncomfortable as hell, even if it is "dynamic".

I'm really quite worried about her viewer-right foot, though.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Dabir posted:

Oh god, her poor organs.

I too am worried about the logical issues of this pose of a person who in a metal suit can transform into a tiny ball

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Yeah, but Samus turns into energy inside the morph ball, you can see in Prime that it's hollow with light crackling inside. I don't think there's pure formless energy underneath that blue buttsuit unless it happens to have some massive ethereal energy honkers.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

WadeBartender posted:

I too am worried about the logical issues of this pose of a person who in a metal suit can transform into a tiny ball

Women aren't real or logical so really what is there to complain about.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yeah let's not pretend that ZSS's design is anything other than something made specifically for nerdy guys to get boners over, which is very different than something that makes a concession in logic for gameplay reasons like the morph ball.

horriblePencilist posted:

Pic of the day:

Jesus christ her poor ankle on that yoshi-facing foot.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Man, why is Nintendo so focused on sexualizing the gently caress out of Samus and Yoshi?

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

IronicDongz posted:

Jesus christ her poor ankle on that yoshi-facing foot.

Metroid Prime 4: Her Poor Ankle

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Let's get serious, everyone here wants to gently caress Yoshi. Nintendo knows what we're really after.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

DrPaper posted:

Man, why is Nintendo so focused on sexualizing the gently caress out of Samus and Yoshi?

First they make Yoshi stand up now this, I mean just look at that rainbow.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

GenericMartini posted:

First they make Yoshi stand up now this, I mean just look at that rainbow.

:aaaaa:

It all finally makes sense.

Kristler
Apr 19, 2014

Supercar Gautier posted:

Yeah, but Samus turns into energy inside the morph ball, you can see in Prime that it's hollow with light crackling inside. I don't think there's pure formless energy underneath that blue buttsuit unless it happens to have some massive ethereal energy honkers.

There's a Game Theory video on the Morph ball that's pretty amusing if you've not seen it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xziKVv2yQJU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I like to think that the Morph Ball actually contorts the body and Samus is super flexible, but only because of that one log entry in Prime where the Space Pirates were trying out their own version and all of their test subjects get horribly mangled.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
They could have just thought that she's just flexible, it's not as if the space pirates have ever been very smart.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Space Pirates are canonically dumb idiots who don't know what they're doing 100% of the time, whether fighting, researching, or worshipping.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Science Team has vapor for brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
It really is telling of the Space Pirates that one of Ridley's defining traits is that he's actually intelligent.

• Locked thread