Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
For once I'm actually interested in a Popeye plotline. This was not the direction I was expecting this to go when it kicked off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

Might be awful at paying attention to Modesty, but when poo poo hits the fan he definitely keeps his head.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Wow, taken out of context it really makes Mark Trail look like a bad person.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Kammat posted:

Might be awful at paying attention to Modesty, but when poo poo hits the fan he definitely keeps his head.

Did you just accidentally give away the mother of all spoilers for this comic?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Command Ant posted:

Did you just accidentally give away the mother of all spoilers for this comic?

Well, I haven't read the rest of the story yet beyond the next few pages, but for having to assist rescuing a drowning woman by trying to land Modesty like a fish he took it quite well. I have no idea how he ends up in the end.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

How did you possibly get a spoiler out of that? Is this something I would get if I paid more attention to the Modesty Blaise mythology? This is like when somebody freaks out about Game of Thrones / Breaking Bad spoilers but all I can see is a goo monster coming from between a woman's legs or some random dude getting his head bashed in.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Borden posted:

Payback is a bitch, Trail!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kammat posted:

If this were Dick Tracy I'd know it was code for 'he gets his head cut off by a razorbladed fan, and it lands in the sewer'.

But this is Modesty Blaise.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

Payback is a bitch, Trail!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Agnes

What the gently caress is that thing! :stonk:

Herb and Jamaal

:tinfoil:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

He deserves sandwiches.

Rex Morgan MD

I swear this kid looks different every loving day. Today's I get a kind of Rodney Dangerfield vibe.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

... since when is this about Wilbur's wellbeing rather than helping an unemployed ex-addict get his poo poo together and not fall back on drugs again?

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Alcohol usually does the trick for me.

Retail

Well color me shocked, Cooper's an even bigger douche than I thought.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Why would a robot care about being radioactive? Doesn't that just give them more superpowers?

Dustin

"Dad, followed by you."

On the Fastrack

Isn't that what your PR people are for? Or if you don't have those, get Wendy to do it.

Safe Havens

When your pets destroy your furniture, it's really just a secret code to the other pets.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I seem to have a lot of pictures of bears for some reason.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Borden posted:

Not sure if you can take "a man beating a bear with a big stick" out of context.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

WARNING Includes propellant.
Store in an upright position. Protects from open fire.
- Watch out for the campfire!
- No worries, the bottle protects!

This is what happens when you omit the subject.

Fok_It

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Momma

This is veering perilously close to being well-drawn.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Kammat posted:

Modesty Blaise

Someone asked why Modesty was hanging around this guy. It think it was really just so they could work in that fishing line rescue plan. :swoon:

Edit: If you see something that you think is veiled spoilers, pointing it out only makes them more obvious.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Apr 24, 2014

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Borden! Top shelf gifs, as usual... :golfclap:

Tiggum posted:

Agnes

The turtle baby from "Eraserhead" jumped to mind immediately. But still, yes, :wtf: is that?

Jane's World

I'm liking Paige's sort of "shift" in artwork. It's very nice.

Non Sequitur

Hey, it's plausible. They sort of did that in "Johnny Mnemonic" (Which was a pretty OK movie). :v:

Heavenly Nostrils is late.

Kliban's Cats

:)

9 Chickweed Lane 4/24/2003

I'm sure that's what Juliette thinks of you, you grumpy old bat.

Zits

"Shred trails"? That doesn't sound right...

Kevin & Kell

Yep, that's what I figured. That's some pretty amazing targeting for a catapult. Ok Holbrook, can we be done with this now?

Nemi

Nemi, the 10 year old. :v:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
We had dueling Nemis for a while there, love it.

Cul-de-sac oh god, he's a brony, run everyone!

The Creeps can be charming sometimes.

Candorville will exist no matter how much you wish it not to be.

Broom Hilda explains her process.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

"Shred trails"? That doesn't sound right...

Isn't that how the Segway inventor died, though? He had some sort of off-road type Segway and fell off a cliff, I think.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Tiggum posted:

Agnes

Strangely endearing. :3:

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Borden, you are a treasure. :allears:

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

dismas posted:

Isn't that how the Segway inventor died, though? He had some sort of off-road type Segway and fell off a cliff, I think.

Not the inventor, no. It was this guy, who apparently drove a Segway off a cliff (backwards, to get out of somebody else's way) less than a year after buying Segway, Inc.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Fred Basset

Herman

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I think the horrible thing in Agnes is an earless Dachshund with a diaper on.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean, in which it's Frankie Daterape all over again.

She's going to be a hell of a documentarian with that type of poker face.
Man, if I had Photoshop and any skills with it, I'd have such a good edit of this. At least in my head. This is practically an S&M strip.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

My Lovely Horse posted:

... since when is this about Wilbur's wellbeing rather than helping an unemployed ex-addict get his poo poo together and not fall back on drugs again?
Since Mary Worth got on the scene.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
SEAL Team 6 is going to fast rope onto the skull cave after the navy gets done pounding the countryside into dust with battleships and jet fighters. Inside, they will find a man in purple spandex and striped underwear dead from a self-inflicted gunshot atop great mounds of treasure. Further in they will find the Phantom's family, killed in their sleep.

Freed from their immortal tyrant, Bangala will prosper once Haliburton rebuilds the nation. Thanks, Obama!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pvt.Scott posted:

SEAL Team 6 is going to fast rope onto the skull cave after the navy gets done pounding the countryside into dust with battleships and jet fighters. Inside, they will find a man in purple spandex and striped underwear dead from a self-inflicted gunshot atop great mounds of treasure. Further in they will find the Phantom's family, killed in their sleep.

Freed from their immortal tyrant, Bangala will prosper once Haliburton rebuilds the nation. Thanks, Obama!

Given the snorefest that was the last story arc, I'm really hoping this one has a bit of action to it, and that the navy angle means we might see a return of Savarna :swoon:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Given the snorefest that was the last story arc, I'm really hoping this one has a bit of action to it, and that the navy angle means we might see a return of Savarna :swoon:

It involves an assassination plot, there is no way some people aren't getting some new facial tattoos.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mark Trail, Feat. Bear

:ohdear:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Man, if I had Photoshop and any skills with it, I'd have such a good edit of this. At least in my head. This is practically an S&M strip.

Adobe has released CS2 for free, if you're not picky about having an older version.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Green Intern posted:

Adobe has released CS2 for free, if you're not picky about having an older version.

To clarify: it's "free to download" as long as you're legally licensed to own that version of Photoshop.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

plainswalker75 posted:

To clarify: it's "free to download" as long as you're legally licensed to own that version of Photoshop.

I registered my info with Adobe and was brought to a page full of download links and CD Keys. No problems encountered so far.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
I thought this was interesting: James Allen, the new writer/artist of Mark Trail, posts on Comics Curmudgeon. He had this to say about some of the new directions he wants to take the comic in...

James Allen posted:

I appreciate your kind words regarding the “direction” of this story. That being said, I also want to add… I have looked at past installments of Mark Trail and often times, the story gets “explained” early at the beginning and it’s really a matter of watching what you know is already coming (bad guys get introduced first and their motivation is explained, then Mark shows up and you already know the story).

I didn’t want to go that route. I figured on this story, just play it straight through… don’t let people know what to expect … that bit of “not knowing” may ensure that they read tomorrow … simply to see what happens.

Now, we all know Mark is a great outdoorsman, but why? what makes him a great outdoorsman? Well, as I mentioned in a post a week or so ago, not only did I want to “map out” Lost Forest a bit, but I also wanted to delve into Mark’s head and portray a few of the traits that make him the outdoorsman that he is.

ALL of this WITHOUT telling readers within the first few days what the whole story is going to be! So, DEAR READERS… come along with me … TOGETHER let’s take “Mark Trail” places, as yet unseen. Let’s take it places where you DON’T KNOW EVERYTHING right up front… and TOGETHER we may discover something… not just about Mark, but about ourselves as well.
-James

All I can say is that I look forward to the new regime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Simian_Prime posted:

I thought this was interesting: James Allen, the new writer/artist of Mark Trail, posts on Comics Curmudgeon. He had this to say about some of the new directions he wants to take the comic in...

All I can say is that I look forward to the new regime!

• Locked thread