Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

moths posted:

Henry offense?
High Earning Not Rich Yet, probably.

i.e. those people in the NYT Styles section complaining about how hard it is to put two kids through preschool in Manhattan at $34,000/yr. each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
High Earner Not Rich Yet

menino
Jul 27, 2006

Pon De Floor
The NYT Style section is the Bible of "How to troll urbanites". Its sweet music, the newspaper equivalent of Rickey Henderson talking in the third person.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
It might sound like they make a lot of money, but their jobs are stressful and when you take into account how much it costs to get massages every day, not to mention maintaining vacation condos they're basically making minimum wage.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh, yeah that makes sense. They seem to have a lot of problems - Back when $250,000 was going to be taxed as "upperclass" we all heard about how that's really not that much money and they're barely making ends meet after the yacht payments and a couple of houses.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

moths posted:

Oh, yeah that makes sense. They seem to have a lot of problems - Back when $250,000 was going to be taxed as "upperclass" we all heard about how that's really not that much money and they're barely making ends meet after the yacht payments and a couple of houses.
Do you have any idea how much it costs to stable my daughter's polo pony?

menino
Jul 27, 2006

Pon De Floor

FMguru posted:

Do you have any idea how much it costs to stable my daughter's polo pony?

These "I'm not rich after I buy a bunch of poo poo" whines always remind me of Barney telling Homer about how they're running out of beer: "Hi Homer, I'm worried about the beer supply. After this case, and the other case, there's only one case left."

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

fade5 posted:

Now doesn't that look like fun? Who could be scared of that?:)

Counterpoint, it's San Antonio. I went there a little over a year ago to get tattoos from a goon artist, and holy cow did that suck (not the tattoos, those were awesome.) That town sprawls on for a billion miles in every direction and has some of the worst street design I've ever seen. Traveling from my hotel to the tattoo shop, I think I passed through the orbit of Saturn.

That festival does look fun, though.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

dreffen posted:

It spawned an amusing gif at least.

This is so weird, I used to have a corgi named Henry.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

StandardVC10 posted:

This is so weird, I used to have a corgi named Henry.

Punishment: Death by Guillotine

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

menino posted:

If you want to know how things will go just look at sweet home Chicago. Whites are less than 40% of the population but still dominate politics because they can play the Latinos off the blacks.

How do they play the Latinos off the blacks? I look forward to white supremacy receding to the point where people start paying attention to how racist different non-white groups can be to each other.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Anyone ever listen to Andy Dean? His show popped up on one of my conservative AM stations this year. If you want idea of the future of conservatism, here it is.

He's a little more pop culture focused than the others and doesn't mention social issues as often. Hardcore FYGM though.

Also he looks exactly how you would imagine a conservative pundit in his 30s would look.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Anyone ever listen to Andy Dean? His show popped up on one of my conservative AM stations this year. If you want idea of the future of conservatism, here it is.

He's a little more pop culture focused than the others and doesn't mention social issues as often. Hardcore FYGM though.

Also he looks exactly how you would imagine a conservative pundit in his 30s would look.

That's how I imagine a conservative pundit in his freshman year of college would look.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yeah I never understood that whole deal.

Imagine how boring the US would be without the various types of people coming over here and sharing their customs, ideas and culture?

Really, the people that are being Un-American are idiots like "The Minutemen", and other folks of their ilk. :911:.

Remembering my mom's northern plains/upper midwest cooking makes me thankful for the impending diversapocolypse.

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

Anyone but Ben Shapiro, I suppose.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

That's how I imagine a conservative pundit in his freshman year of college would look.

No kidding. 30's? He looks like he's mid-20's tops.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Ah, a college Republican is ever there was one.

menino
Jul 27, 2006

Pon De Floor

Typical Pubbie posted:

How do they play the Latinos off the blacks? I look forward to white supremacy receding to the point where people start paying attention to how racist different non-white groups can be to each other.

I think it's mostly due to Chicago's traditional white blocs being Catholic (Irish, Polish, Italian) along with the Latinos, and the blacks mostly Baptist and general evangelical. But it could also just be standard-issue 'crabs in a barrel'.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Alkydere posted:

No kidding. 30's? He looks like he's mid-20's tops.

Being an ignorant rich white man is very relaxing and helps avoid the formation of crows feet.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

VideoTapir posted:

Remembering my mom's northern plains/upper midwest cooking makes me thankful for the impending diversapocolypse.

Don't y'all be hating on hot dish.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Even the name is bland and nondescript.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

I'm seriously rethinking my stance against bullying. This guy needs to be melvined, pronto.

e: waitaminute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6laGvKtPZYQ

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Apr 24, 2014

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I don't know him but I'm betting he's less FYGM and more FYGD(addy's)

poor nose
Oct 29, 2005

You guys think Hannity will continue to defend Cliven Bundy now?

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/04/cliven-bundy-muses-what-he-knows-about

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

poor nose posted:

I'm sure he'll find some way to justify his continued support for a lying racist shitheel.

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

poor nose posted:

Just came here to post this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/24/us/politics/rancher-proudly-breaks-the-law-becoming-a-hero-in-the-west.html?_r=0

quote:

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It's pretty funny that by SHEER COINCIDENCE another GOP flavor of the week turns out to be a hosed up racist rear end in a top hat who doesn't care who knows it...but I'm also disappointed in that NYT article referring to Bundy as part of some clan of ancient American homesteaders who have been on the same patch of dirt since the 1870's since that was debunked as a total lie just a few days ago.

Did you guys put yourselves on a media blackout on Bundy while you were polishing this up or something?

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
What the gently caress is wrong with this country?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

dbzfandiego posted:

Every country has racist shitheads, ours are just really loud.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

dbzfandiego posted:

Just wait until Hillary is next president.
A fly will fart in Australia and it will be her fault.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

happyhippy posted:

Just wait until Hillary is next president.
A fly will fart in Australia and it will be her fault.

BENGHAZZZZZZZZZZI

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Sir Tonk posted:

BENGHAZZZZZZZZZZI

What's even the rationale for pinning Benghazi on Hillary? Like I get that Obama was president so he's an obvious scapegoat but what does the right think Hillary should have done?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Notorious QIG posted:

What's even the rationale for pinning Benghazi on Hillary? Like I get that Obama was president so he's an obvious scapegoat but what does the right think Hillary should have done?

What difference does it make?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Other countries might have racist shitheads...but do they have racist shitheads who think they're entitled to 1 million dollars worth of free government cheese for cows and profit, who simultaneously wonder aloud if providing a social saftey net for actual poor people is worse than literal slavery?

Sub-question: and if they do, are they invited to be fellated on a national cable news channel for no reason other than the fact that they almost caused a shootout with gov't agents?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

She was Secretary of State. I mean if you're gonna blame somebody for a gently caress-up like Benghazi it would be the Secretary of State. Of course that would require there be evidence of some form of negligence on her part, which there isn't.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Notorious QIG posted:

I believe their line of thinking is that since Hillary is a woman, and Benghazi were a legitimate terrorist attack, her body would have had ways of shutting that whole thing down.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

She was Secretary of State. I mean if you're gonna blame somebody for a gently caress-up like Benghazi it would be the Secretary of State. Of course that would require there be evidence of some form of negligence on her part, which there isn't.

Fair enough, I guess. I mean had Benghazi happened under Bush I can't see the left attacking Rice the same way but so it goes.

AsInHowe posted:

I believe their line of thinking is that since Hillary is a woman, and Benghazi were a legitimate terrorist attack, her body would have had ways of shutting that whole thing down.

:thurman:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Weren't there a half dozen Benghazis under Bush?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

moths posted:

There was another big attack that happened under Bush on September 11, but for some reason the Democrats make as big a deal about it. I guess it just wasn't as important as BENGHAZI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

No one seems to bring up the 1983 Beruit bombing under Reagan either. Yes, it was 30 years ago but that was much worse by contrast.