Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Kettlepip posted:

Best thing in the patch notes.
Undoubtedly, meanwhile it doesn't effect those of us who had to tediously get off our mounts to read a book and finally got our purps :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Have they indicated what materia transmutation is in something else? They didn't clarify at all in the patch notes.

From Japanese patch notes:

quote:

5つのマテリアを合成して異なるマテリアに変容させる「マテリア合成」が実装されます。

After completing the below quest, hand Mutamix 5 unwanted materias to transmuate into a random materia.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Spent 500k on tier 3/4 elemental resist materia all selling for <1k each as soon as the server came up.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I don't suppose anyone has a copy/paste of the patch notes? Lodestone's down right now.

e: n/m, you can see the notes through the launcher.

e2: Good thing I had a ton of materia lying around in my retainer, since all the cheap stuff has been bought out already.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Apr 24, 2014

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

So no Atma fix, huh? Goddamit

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

AlmightyBob posted:

What fix?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

OK, I think this transmutation thing's gonna hurt the materia economy since all the cheap elemental materia which used to be used to quicken the spiritbond process for the higher-end materia is getting bought up so people can trade five crappy L1 materia for one crappy L1 materia.

Though I guess it's nice that elemental materia will actually sell for a decent bit now.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

My guess is there'll be a bubble where L1 materia skyrockets... then people realize the payback from transmutation sort of isn't that great and most stop using it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mega64 posted:

OK, I think this transmutation thing's gonna hurt the materia economy since all the cheap elemental materia which used to be used to quicken the spiritbond process

huh?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

You can make spiritbonding items go faster if A) you use HQ items and B) have materia melded to it, the more materia the faster it spiritbonds. Type and level of materia is irrelevant, so it's best to meld a bunch of crap elemental materia on stuff while you spiritbond high iLevel gear to get L3/L4 materia, which is especially useful now when stuff like the L4 Control materia's going for over 100k a piece.

I was hoping the materia change would make the process less ridiculous/expensive, since gently caress pentamelding. Or at least to make elemental materia more useful, which I guess it technically is now.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

AlmightyBob posted:

gently caress.

i like your custom title

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

The Grimace posted:

i like your custom title

This is more amusing with your particular username.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
WE'RE NUMBER 1

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Looks like cheating pays off

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Oh they finally made darklight dyable, too bad nobody ever wears it anymore :(

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
"Shinra Corporation"? Talk about your :effort: guild names.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The Chairman posted:

WE'RE NUMBER 1

DGKK needs to step it up so we can be number 1 and number 2. :(

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Truly the Pride of the West.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
How is score even calculated

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Dragongem posted:

Company credits reflect FC activity, so it tallies the amount of credits you earn.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Kyrosiris posted:

DGKK needs to step it up so we can be number 1 and number 2. :(

DGKK needs to step up in general, they're rank 3 on the world-specific rankings. (Who Runs It, which I know also contains goons, is number 4 on the world-specific monthly rankings.)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Demon Hunter is one of those FCs that just blind invites anyone they see running around without a word.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Xenoveritas posted:

DGKK needs to step up in general, they're rank 3 on the world-specific rankings. (Who Runs It, which I know also contains goons, is number 4 on the world-specific monthly rankings.)

Time for some propaganda posters?

Picture a lalafell casting Fire. "He's doing his part. Are you? Enlist at your local DGKK office."

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Chairman posted:

WE'RE NUMBER 1

What'd we win???

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

rock2much posted:

What'd we win???

Clear Turn 9, and get back to me. :smuggo:

twinight
Aug 25, 2004

Dragongem posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1zdiqh/leveling_up_a_solo_fc_some_info_i_found_any/

The points gained scale downward with # of people online, as I recall. I haven't seen a reliable set of those numbers since they adjusted them upward recently.

The scaling was really severe before though, like having 1 person online would get you 3 points, 2 would get you 2 points, and 3+ would get you 1 point. So we've never not been at maximum scaling, but I'd imagine the relative values for that list are still just as accurate even when scaled down to the bottom end.

The fact that we're constantly butting up against the FC cap and shedding dead weight while bringing in new active people just means we pretty much win by default. Plus we have the DGKK farm team.

Edit: Also this gives some amusing perspective why so many people complained about never having enough company credits to keep company actions up, when we've just been drowning in the things since day 1. If you narrow it down to just the server search the dropoff on Excal from PBC to everything else is kind of bonkers.

twinight fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 24, 2014

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
DGKK has infinite cool points so everything else can suck it

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Astro Creep posted:

Yyyeah, I kinda need that axe, like, yesterday. If they're nice, they'll make them able to be sold on the market. Here's hopin'.
"Cannot equip if PvP rank is below 40"

So uh, nope.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zereth posted:

So uh, nope.

Does anyone in PBC do PvP? I maybe want to do it just long enough to get some nice looking glamour gear.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Zereth posted:

So uh, nope.

I wonder if you can glamour them even if you can't equip them...

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!

Zereth posted:

So uh, nope.

Gross.

Kyrosiris posted:

I wonder if you can glamour them even if you can't equip them...

Yeah, this was more what I was thinking. I couldn't care less if I can equip it, I just need that pseudo-Monster Hunter style.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Boten Anna posted:

Oh they finally made darklight dyable, too bad nobody ever wears it anymore :(

My retainers will, once they reach lvl 50. :coal:

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Time to enjoy 2.25 in style

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

rock2much posted:

Does anyone in PBC do PvP? I maybe want to do it just long enough to get some nice looking glamour gear.

"Just long enough to get some nice looking glamour gear" is roughly a few hundred hours worth of PvP, presuming you're talking about the new animal sets.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Zereth posted:

So uh, nope.

But God, Scholar pimp coat and bear axe are so tempting.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Boten Anna posted:

Time to enjoy 2.25 in style

What the hell is that?!

Also... nebulous giant question:

I'm about to hit 50 like... today. What should I do first when I hit 50? I want a cool weapon or whatever. And I guess I should get that sick dance emote.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Feenix posted:

What the hell is that?!

I'm about to hit 50 like... today. What should I do first when I hit 50? I want a cool weapon or whatever. And I guess I should get that sick dance emote.

Kobold Beast Tribe reward mount.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Feenix posted:

What the hell is that?!

Finish the Main Scenario story. Start your relic quest.

EDIT: and Hildebrand quests

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Celador posted:

Also unlock Crystal Tower (Labyrinth of the Ancients). Starts in Mor Dhona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Celador posted:

How far past the Level 49 missions is the end of the story? I'm at where you go north of Vesper Bay to the Dungeon. Operation Archon.

• Locked thread