Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"
I can't wait to drive the arthropod tank :flashfact:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYxmtduG7LQ

A bit more gameplay from PCGamer.

WraithMind
Jan 26, 2011
Everyone has the same gameplay footage.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Jimbot posted:

I hope the spidertank stuff garners a lot of attention and it leads to Ubisoft using the concepts in this game to make a Ghost in the Shell open world game. I'd buy the hell out of that game. When I first saw the hacking stuff I immediately thought of that franchise.
Kinda like how Blood Dragon was born?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Sandweed posted:

If you plan to upgrade you computer to play this game it's almost guaranteed that it will be a tie in with high end Nvidia cards pretty soon. Don't buy anything yet.

Oh, that'd be nice. I was looking at a 760 recently, too :D

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Crappy Jack posted:

Of course not. They're robots. Duh.

So why call them spider bots?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

NeoSeeker posted:

Because that is what they look like? Just because it doesn't meet the biological definition of a spider doesn't mean people do not appropriate the term because it fits the design better.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
They look like bugs. More like beetles.

A bug has to have 8 legs to look like a spider, at least to me. Otherwise it looks like any other bug besides a spider.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 24, 2014

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
This game must be so good that people end up spending two pages just to :spergin: about number of legs instead of picking apart something more important.

No really, who gives a flying poo poo. It looks like a spider. Deal with it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

NeoSeeker posted:

They look like bugs. More like beetles.

A bug has to have 8 legs to look like a spider, at least to me. Otherwise it looks like any other bug besides a spider.

Okay. And I guess you get to call it a bug-bot. The rest of the world will continue to call it a spider because of its big butt.

Mr. Stingly
Sep 1, 2001

Satanic cop-killing henchman with a heart of gold
This happens in literally every single medium where something is called a spider and does not have 8 legs. Somethingawful: where we chase the Platonic Ideal of things.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
Obviously this is another case of the PC release being hampered by console specifications. Hey game developers, just because consoles can't handle all eight legs is no reason to punish us PC gamers!

gently caress YOU UBISOFT

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The extra two legs are a uPlay unlock.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Was the use of the word/s platonic ideals necessary or is it just a six dollar word/phrase?

Big Butt means beetle. It's a god drat bug bot. Yes I will get hung up on semantics because I came out the the womb holding a mini tachikoma and a plug in the back of my head.

corn in the bible posted:

Haha, what the hell dude calm down it's a goddamn videogame.

Again. I should replace my title with big pink letters that say "this post is said in complete monotone". I swear and poo poo casually.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 25, 2014

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So exactly how "Chicagoy" is this game?

Reading up on it, it features a place called "The Mad Mile". Does Chicago charge more to say "Mag Mile"?

Not even sure what The Wards and Farmer Square is supposed to be.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

GigaPeon posted:

So exactly how "Chicagoy" is this game?

Reading up on it, it features a place called "The Mad Mile". Does Chicago charge more to say "Mag Mile"?

Not even sure what The Wards and Farmer Square is supposed to be.

Considering in some footage I've seen what looks like giant rolling hills off in the distance, I don't have a ton of faith that they'll be going for accuracy here. In other words, my dreams of reenacting the final chase scene from the Blues Brothers will probably not come to fruition.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's probably going to be like every other game set in a real city- all the major landmarks are present, but they're far too close to each other.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

NeoSeeker posted:

Was the use of the word/s platonic ideals necessary or is it just a six dollar word/phrase?

Big Butt means beetle. It's a god drat bug bot. Yes I will get hung up on semantics because I came out the the womb holding a mini tachikoma and a plug in the back of my head.

Okay butt.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

haveblue posted:

It's probably going to be like every other game set in a real city- all the major landmarks are present, but they're far too close to each other.

Chicago has landmarks?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Well, it's got the Willis Tower, and Wrigley Field, and... that other tall building... and...

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

haveblue posted:

Well, it's got the Willis Tower, and Wrigley Field, and... that other tall building... and...

John Hancock building, Millennium Bean, Navy Pier, Soldier Field, buncha parks, and and and

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Doesn't it have this weird park with big LCD screens of faces with water pouring down them? I went there when I was like 10 and I remember it because it was so goddamn weird. I better be able to hack that in Watch Dogs, i'm tellin ya.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

klapman posted:

Doesn't it have this weird park with big LCD screens of faces with water pouring down them? I went there when I was like 10 and I remember it because it was so goddamn weird. I better be able to hack that in Watch Dogs, i'm tellin ya.

It does indeed.

I'm gonna go to the Shedd and hack me some dolphins.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Dvlos posted:

Chicago has landmarks?

I think we've got the most outdoor sculpture in North America or something.

AND IF EACH AND EVERY ONE IS NOT REPRESENTED I WILL FLIP poo poo.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Harry Dresden DLC, mini-mission to see who can get more about Chicago geography wrong. Mission starts in the massive parking lot of Wrigley Field.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NeoSeeker posted:

Is a 1 legged man not a man?

Those spiders lost their legs for America, you commie.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

Harry Dresden DLC, mini-mission to see who can get more about Chicago geography wrong. Mission starts in the massive parking lot of Wrigley Field.

Rub it in, Sox fans.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Chicago at least has buildings that look different from each other, compared to NYC's skyline of "Big ugly square next to another big ugly square".

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
The other two legs are MINIGUNS okay.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

NeoSeeker posted:

It's settled. We shall call it by the only name applicable.

Butt Bot.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The last two legs are part of the spider mech upgrade tree, obviously.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So: since you're a vigilante on bad terms with the cops, do you think we can get a full-on Blues Brother scene?

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

haveblue posted:

If I can't reenact key city moments from Ferris Bueler's Day Off and The Fugitive I'm asking for a refund.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Dvlos posted:

If I can't reenact key city moments from Ferris Bueler's Day Off and The Fugitive I'm asking for a refund.

Hack the Seurat painting Cameron stares at to become a dot matrix display.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Speedball posted:

So: since you're a vigilante on bad terms with the cops, do you think we can get a full-on Blues Brother scene?
As much as I enjoy the parkour game genre, I think it takes itself too seriously for something like this. Keep your fingers crossed for Saints Row 5? :v:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

NeoSeeker posted:

Haha, what the hell dude calm down it's a goddamn videogame.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I still haven't been told what NeoSeeker's "receiver-inspired game mechanics" are.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I still haven't been told what NeoSeeker's "receiver-inspired game mechanics" are.

You use your mouse to control all 8 limbs of a gun-toting spider robot.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

haveblue posted:

It's the loving Sears Tower, and if there is not an option to hack into something and change it back then this game is officially a failure on every level.

fake edit: This goes for Marshall Field's as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Crappy Jack posted:

You use your mouse to control all 8 limbs of a gun-toting spider robot.

Something like that...

• Locked thread