Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The default keybindings are hilariously bad- primary attack is right-click and vice versa, power attacks are double-click. I'm pretty sure literally every single command in the game is bound to both mouse and keyboard :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

neetengie posted:

Have you talked to people at Majula?

Had to circle around the whole thing 2 times before I noticed it, goddamnit, you even get the flask.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

The default keybindings are hilariously bad- primary attack is right-click and vice versa, power attacks are double-click.

This means your right hand is RMB and left hand is LMB? Makes perfect sense considering the console controls.

Chalax
Jun 16, 2009

Selious posted:

For anyone who hasn't picked this up yet and missed the Easter sale (J4XXU2-JTFTLL-8ENDXZ) gets you 25% on Dark Souls 2 on Greenmangaming. I got my code immediately after paying.

From here: http://blog.playfire.com/2014/04/dark-souls-ii-25-off-on-gmg.html

You sir, have tipped my hand at buying this game and am installing it as we speak. I'm hoping that since it's still in pre-order mode that I'll get those weapons for pre-ordering, even if they aren't all that good.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Had to circle around the whole thing 2 times before I noticed it, goddamnit, you even get the flask.

Explore the poo poo out of every place, you'll find a lot of neat goodies.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

The default keybindings are hilariously bad- primary attack is right-click and vice versa, power attacks are double-click. I'm pretty sure literally every single command in the game is bound to both mouse and keyboard :psyduck:

How does mouse+keyboard play after rebinding things? Flows well during combat or stuck with awkward combinations to fit all the commands in? How many mouse buttons do you have bound?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Longest hour ever... Holy balls.

Just gimme dat :darksouls:

clearly not a horse
May 8, 2009

undue butt brutality is not a criminal offense

Stringbean posted:

I hate to admit I had trouble getting sleep last night.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Stringbean posted:

Just gimme dat :darksouls:

UGH I am staring at the work clock and its just going slower :catstare:

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

how do names work in the PC version, Steam names?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

How's KB/M when using bows? Aiming feel good?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Quick question as I've never pre-loaded before. Do I have to do anything to unlock it once the time triggers or will steam automatically unlock and decrypt it for me at the right time if it's running?

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy

LmaoTheKid posted:

Quick question as I've never pre-loaded before. Do I have to do anything to unlock it once the time triggers or will steam automatically unlock and decrypt it for me at the right time if it's running?

Sometimes it does. Usually restarting steam forces it to.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Chalax posted:

even if they aren't all that good.

It's not that they're bad, it's just that they're designed to be gimmick weapons. The homunculus mace has the longsword moveset when one handed and the flamestone dagger has the heide-knight sword moveset (also when one-handing it) for example. The preorder weapons are just fun little toys to play with if you like certain weapon animations. Plus the transgressor staff is pretty bitchin' early on.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

Sometimes it does. Usually restarting steam forces it to.

Cool, thanks.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've managed to avoid spoiling basically everything about this game. Now its finally going to pay off. Hurry up and load Steam :f5:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Why am I not getting a down to the minute count on unlock time? Make a fuckin effort Steam!

e: changed my display name to ~*tha furtive pygmy*~, look out boys ;-*

coolskull fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 24, 2014

Moog
Sep 14, 2013
I've never waited on a game to unlock before. The "1 hour remaining" had better mean "some minutes rounded up to an hour" instead of "an hour and some minutes rounded down."

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
It's funny how excited I am to play this considering the fact that I've already thrown hundreds of hours into the 360 version. I don't even know what build I want to start off with :ohdear:

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

PCGamer put up an article about Durante's GeSoSaTo with Bokeh DOF and improved SSAO: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/24/dark-souls-2-modded-durantes-gedosato-enables-downsampling-texture-modding/

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
Is the game playable with a 3rd party controller? IE a logitech gamepad?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Where it says to get the ring from the tower where the hell is it? I've gone up to the boss on one path and the drawbridge on the other and haven't seen it.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

fargom posted:

Is the game playable with a 3rd party controller? IE a logitech gamepad?

The first game was, so this one probably will be too.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

StashAugustine posted:

Where it says to get the ring from the tower where the hell is it? I've gone up to the boss on one path and the drawbridge on the other and haven't seen it.

The ring is in the drawbridge area, you probably already got it.
Ring of Binding

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Does anyone here have an HD5550 or nearby graphics card? How well does it run? I can't afford a new one until next week.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
This waiting is killing me. I don't like being hype about games, but goddamn it, I'm being hype about games.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Does anyone here have an HD5550 or nearby graphics card? How well does it run? I can't afford a new one until next week.

You should be fine, I can get almost a constant 60fps at 1080p with a 660M with some of the graphics settings set to high.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Game crashes on start for me. Some people are reporting the game doesn't work with multiple monitors and HDMI. :thumbsup:

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do
Oh god so close now, i'm all prepared to get killed repeatedly and I can't loving wait

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Oh poo poo I can't believe I'm so hyped, it's been forever since I was, what is this feeling.

I don't even know what I want to build yet.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Oh boy oh boy oh boy

I got my copy of Dark Souls from a contest on these very forums, my inept deaths among jolly goon co-op will be so sweet. Speaking of which, is there now a way to make it more likely to summon people you're actually friends with? Feel like I read that somewhere...

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Downloading RIGHT NOW OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS

Kiran
Jul 4, 2013

Just got my controller ready to go, steam just added some extra junk to pre-load.

My loins have been prepared.

Kiran fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 24, 2014

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
It's out! Go slay a thing!

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Logan 5 posted:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy

I got my copy of Dark Souls from a contest on these very forums, my inept deaths among jolly goon co-op will be so sweet. Speaking of which, is there now a way to make it more likely to summon people you're actually friends with? Feel like I read that somewhere...

There's a particular ring that can be acquired from the start from a merchant in the hub area. Equip, pick a god, have your friends pick the same god, more likely to see their summon sign.

By the way: What god are goons going with?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Liquid Penguins posted:

It's out! Go slay a thing!

Ready to launch in: An Hour.

:negative:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Darks' holes? Sounds pretty racist to me.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

RBA Starblade posted:

Ready to launch in: An Hour.

:negative:

Restart steam, it's decrypting for me.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What the gently caress Steam I preload and you still need 15 minutes to launch it?

Oh god the number is getting higher :sadfan:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TheQat posted:

Restart steam, it's decrypting for me.

I did, that's how long it thinks it's going to take to finish.

e: 20 minutes now.