Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
Howwwwww do they still not have a borderless window option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
So Steam shot me back a disk write error, I restart steam and now it's redownloading 8.4 gb.

What the fuckkkk

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Yes! Game has successfully launched.

....I'm still at work..damnit

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Doublestep posted:

So Steam shot me back a disk write error, I restart steam and now it's redownloading 8.4 gb.

What the fuckkkk

Yep, that's me too.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Crummelhorn posted:

Howwwwww do they still not have a borderless window option

I've found a lot of games don't have that (or a good one, at least).

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Played it for an hour or so, probably won't get back to it until finals are over, but let me bitch for a second. You can bind actions to shift-click and double-click. But I find that really clunky so I managed to wrestle it to approximate the mapping of DaS1. Then I discovered that if you spam attacks too fast (admittedly a bad idea) it registers it as a double-click and does nothing. Same for attempting to attack with a shield up (ie holding shift.) On top of that, all the controls are still listed in Xbox prompts. It runs fine, but I'm still a little disappointed.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Restarted Steam, tried pausing and restarting the download. Still get Disk Busy.

I have never been angry about a video game download before but COME ON

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Oh god, at the very beginning all those monkey things killed me after I punched one. Maybe I should rethink playing the game on the hard covenant...

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

Oh god, at the very beginning all those monkey things killed me after I punched one. Maybe I should rethink playing the game on the hard covenant...

You have half hp and no equipment, what did you think was going to happen

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

LOL BSOD WHILE UNPACKING

Theli
Jan 23, 2002

SORRY ABOUT MY TAINT
Fun Shoe

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Yes! Game has successfully launched.

....I'm still at work..damnit

I'm literally texting with my girlfriend to tell her how to launch Steam while I'm stuck here at work.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

BKPR posted:

Restarted Steam, tried pausing and restarting the download. Still get Disk Busy.

I have never been angry about a video game download before but COME ON

I'm having this problem too. I restarted steam, paused and resumed, restarted my whole PC. I guess we're going to have to delete everything and download it all over again god drat it

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

NEVER MIND IT STARTED WORKING AGAIN

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Meis posted:

NEVER MIND IT STARTED WORKING AGAIN

MAYBE THERE'S HOPE FOR ME~

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Talked to someone else on my steam, their pre-load got deleted too.

:wtc:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Genocyber posted:

You have half hp and no equipment, what did you think was going to happen

I was going to punch them to death and take their souls.

Nut Better
Feb 17, 2011

:same:

Doublestep posted:

What the fuckkkk

Same here. It's also decided to do the Payday 2 style download. Download 50 MB. Stop. Download 20MB. Stop. This could take a while.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
It wooooooorks!

Oh thank god skippable intros this game truly is an improvement.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'd never seen that intro before. Holy gently caress that was amazing.

....holy gently caress these controls are still AWFUL. Time to spend 30 minutes figuring out my old Dark Souls keybinds because the default controls are poo poo. God dammit.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Anyone else having the HDMI issue? That's going to suck since my PC is hooked up to my TV :ohdear:

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
Is anyone else using a DS4 controller and not having it work? I have the Xinput files set up and everything.

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

Do the seed/petrified something do anything that we know of yet? If they do don't tell me what they are i just want to avoid another amulet scenario.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

LmaoTheKid posted:

Anyone else having the HDMI issue? That's going to suck since my PC is hooked up to my TV :ohdear:

I'm having issues with HDMI, apparantly. Unplugging my HDMI, blind-clicking play, plugging it back in works but... it doesn't detect my 360 controller or have an option for 1980x1080.

:darksouls:

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

How do I get it to actually recognize the buttons from my 360 pad? It's showing the prompts but the buttons aren't doing anything.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

To get the DS4 to work set it to be hidden and restart the game. Same thing happened to me.

Also I'm using this tool with no files in the DS2 directory.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Having the mouse pop up in the center of the screen every time a menu or message comes up is a pretty drat goofy thing to not fix/leave in the game.

Baron O Beefdip posted:

Do the seed/petrified something do anything that we know of yet? If they do don't tell me what they are i just want to avoid another amulet scenario.

Yes they both do something and you can find more in the game.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

FuzzySlippers posted:

To get the DS4 to work set it to be hidden and restart the game. Same thing happened to me.

Also I'm using this tool with no files in the DS2 directory.
I'm using the same tool and it's working. It was a pain getting it to the point of functioning though.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Gamerofthegame posted:

it's under your games tab, you get a key and type it into steam from the library button

I'm waiting on that email. They email the code, don't they?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

So I'm playing the game and my shield is permanently up. There's some kind of shield icon under my health/stam bar, no idea what it is. How do I get rid of this?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Wow, the default binds are awful and I can't even change them to use the thumb buttons on my mouse.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
So am I the only guy who gets 'The Dark Souls 2 Service is not available' and can only play in offline?

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

So I'm playing the game and my shield is permanently up. There's some kind of shield icon under my health/stam bar, no idea what it is. How do I get rid of this?

Check your keybindings.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Dark Souls 2 has achievements.

This is funny to me, for some reason.

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....
Anyone manage to log into the online servers for NA? I can't seem to manage, but I was playing on a japanese vpn just fine a minute ago...

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Logan 5 posted:

Dark Souls 1 also had achievements. Or do you mean specifically in Steam?

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Logan 5 posted:

They've always had them though?

oh gently caress i wanna stream this poo poo so bad but can't talk well into a mic but unf THESE FRAMES

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

neetengie posted:

Check your keybindings.

Why in the gently caress would that even be an option? Jesus.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Hotwire posted:

So am I the only guy who gets 'The Dark Souls 2 Service is not available' and can only play in offline?

I'm getting this too.

Also, on my random PS2 controller, I can't fix the settings because it ignores X360ce and just gives me a setup where the right stick is attacking.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Got killed by lemur ghouls on the very first screen :shepface:

I need to start up DS actually and look at my old keybinds to get used to this again. I can't believe the default control scheme still sucks but also it still uses the 360 buttons rather than pc keys. Come the gently caress on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
The game refuses to run in fullscreen for me, not even alt+enter works. It can run in windowed 1080p, so I don't get it's deal. The Information menu option also flickers text on top of red text.

Restarting fixed the fullscreen issue, so whatever!

Positronic Spleen fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 24, 2014