Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Well, I'm really ready for trade function >_<. I got so many good greens, and I barely play green so far. Guess I'll learn! Might as well make a pack raptor deck anyway.

Edit: you can include more than four pack raptors in a single deck if you use the alternate art raptors plus normal ones. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Korak posted:

That is incredibly ambitious and if they do that it's gonna lead to some broken cards fast.

4 sets a year is the same rate as Magic's release schedule.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Does anyone know where the sleeves are? It said they were awarded, but I can't find them.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Karnegal posted:

Does anyone know where the sleeves are? It said they were awarded, but I can't find them.

It's in the pulldown in the deck editor with new deck/save deck etc.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Well, I'm really ready for trade function >_<. I got so many good greens, and I barely play green so far. Guess I'll learn! Might as well make a pack raptor deck anyway.

Edit: you can include more than four pack raptors in a single deck if you use the alternate art raptors plus normal ones. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

That'll probably get changed, I don't think they want you to be able to run 8 of a good card if it has alternate art. Oh man, imagine people running 8 thoughtseize?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Captain Capitalism posted:

That'll probably get changed, I don't think they want you to be able to run 8 of a good card if it has alternate art. Oh man, imagine people running 8 thoughtseize?

Yeah, I reported it as a bug, it's just hilarious in the meanwhile though. Raptor Swarm!

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Doesn't Pack Raptor also make more pack raptors when you cast it? I have an idea for a deck then:

8 Pack Raptor
62 Wild Resource

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
^ 8/52 could be better.

2 quick questions for the OP

1.) Is there any reason beyond planning to resell in the future, that you shouldn't open primals?
I assume not since you can't draft them.

2.) How many ranks are there of treasure chests?
I opened 1 primal and 1 normal and got 1 normal chest and 1 legendary chest.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
I believe the chest ranks are the same as the card rarities, so common/uncommon/rare/epic/legendary, but I could be wrong.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Karnegal posted:

^ 8/52 could be better.

2 quick questions for the OP

1.) Is there any reason beyond planning to resell in the future, that you shouldn't open primals?

Not the OP, but no, there is no reason not to open primals. Go nuts. Since you can't use them for any sort of tournament play, you may as well open them. The only alternative is to sell them when the auction house becomes a thing.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Thoom posted:

I believe the chest ranks are the same as the card rarities, so common/uncommon/rare/epic/legendary, but I could be wrong.

Primal chests exist, you can get them by upgrading legendary chests

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

So how many Primals did we get from KS rewards? Just trying to figure out how many I randomly lucked into, which seems like probably a lot judging by what folks here have been saying.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Mikujin posted:

So how many Primals did we get from KS rewards? Just trying to figure out how many I randomly lucked into, which seems like probably a lot judging by what folks here have been saying.

One.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

This is what I assumed the case to be.

Karnegal, sorry bud but I'm pretty sure all your Primals came my way, since I seem to have hit more than anyone else in the thread so far. :fap:

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Mikujin posted:

This is what I assumed the case to be.

Karnegal, sorry bud but I'm pretty sure all your Primals came my way, since I seem to have hit more than anyone else in the thread so far. :fap:

:( At least I got an Eye of Creation in the one pack I did open. Maybe my 2 drafts a week forever will salve my luck wounds.

EDIT: And now an Angel of Dawm. At least the primals I did get had the good legendaries.

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 24, 2014

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Karnegal posted:

Ugh only 2/155 Primals. even less since I assume that include the free ones

4/155 here

How are we gonna communicate for bet?
Also I was thinking of holding back some of my free sets of 30 packs for Goon Draft/sealed events or something, any idea when we could do that?

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
So I have four codes:

Pro Player
Free weekly lifetime drafts
Dungeon Crawler
Free weekly lifetime drafts for one year

I shouldn't have any problem combining the Dungeon Crawler and free weekly lifetime draft (for Pro Player pledge) and then in a separate account combining the Pro Player and free weekly lifetime drafts for one year (from Dungeon Crawler pledge). I wouldn't lose anything by doing this right? I'd like to have the dungeon crawler perks and lifetime drafts in my primary account.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Stormgale posted:

4/155 here

How are we gonna communicate for bet?
Also I was thinking of holding back some of my free sets of 30 packs for Goon Draft/sealed events or something, any idea when we could do that?

Do you mean as prizes or just so you have draft fodder?

Rhaegar posted:

So I have four codes:

Pro Player
Dungeon Crawler

I shouldn't have any problem combining the Dungeon Crawler and free weekly lifetime draft (for Pro Player pledge) and then in a separate account combining the Pro Player and free weekly lifetime drafts for one year (from Dungeon Crawler pledge). I wouldn't lose anything by doing this right? I'd like to have the dungeon crawler perks and lifetime drafts in my primary account.

That sounds right to me

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Mikujin posted:

7/155 for me, including the +1.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Karnegal posted:

Do you mean as prizes or just so you have draft fodder?

As Prizes and or play material for all the goons to use for the tournament

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Has anyone tried PvP yet? I've done a few vs. AI games but turns have stopped progressing a few turns in on all but one of them.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I've yet to get a game against the AI even going. I've tried about 6 times and gotten a "failed to confirm the match" or something.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Yeah, I reported it as a bug, it's just hilarious in the meanwhile though. Raptor Swarm!

I would be careful with something like this, I read on the forums from an employee post that there are some known broken cards and they will potentially ban for exploiting them.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Yeah, looks like games are kinda borked right now. Can't even start a match vs. AI.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Rhaegar posted:

So I have four codes:

Pro Player
Dungeon Crawler

Actually, I see no reason I couldn't combine Pro Player, Dungeon Crawler and the free weekly lifetime drafts for life codes and then just create a separate account for the free weekly lifetime draft for one year. It seems like everything else would stack (not sure about mercenaries and sleeves but I don't care if they don't stack).

I sure wish cryptozoic had put out a clearer faq on how exactly the codes stack.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Three Primals here, opened 10 packs as well for the hell of it because I know I'm not going to be able to get through all of them right away.

Can't wait for the drafting to start... :getin:

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Karnegal posted:

I think the way it is meant to work with chests is that during an "Event" (so GenCon / HexCon / etc) any packs you open will give a chest with a different loot table (rather than just opening any old chest having a different loot table during the event) so that is one reason maybe not to open them until that gets cleared up

Also I got more like 1.6% drop rate of primals (plus the guaranteed ones) but I'm still happy with my haul :)

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Mercenaries are going to be tradeable, and since they don't stack there is a chance to lose a lot of value when they open the floodgates to people who didn't kickstart Hex.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Not for nothing, but they really need to stop jerking off over their infrastructure because I have yet to see this game run with anything closely approximating stability.

Also, the sync bug is back. Hooray!

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

katkillad2 posted:

Mercenaries are going to be tradeable, and since they don't stack there is a chance to lose a lot of value when they open the floodgates to people who didn't kickstart Hex.

Interesting. Didn't know Mercenaries were tradable. Definitely a valid reason not to combine DC and Pro tier non-draft codes.

moravec
Apr 24, 2007

The fourth law of robots is screw you, I'm outta here.
3/155, which seems to be pretty average. I haven't spent very much time on the alpha because I was finding the deck editor so frustrating, but now I see that it's much improved. Opened one pack so far and the pack opening experience is pretty sweet. I'll probably do a few more as well as the Primals, and sit on the rest to play Sealed.

Holding off on redeeming my draft code for now until I bone up on the Hex draft environment a little.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I beat 2% + 1 by 1 pack :toot:

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

4/155 but I can't load any games right now, which is sad.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

7/155 for me, including the +1.

11/155. I figured nearly a dozen was pretty ok.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Mikujin posted:

Best i've seen. Lucky. 4/155 for me.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Mikujin posted:

When I log in tonight and get 1/155 I am putting a bounty on your head :argh:

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Last time I'll shill for my King Tier code. Selling it at cost ($120). PM or email kma_xan AT hotmail

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Does the alpha client patch to beta or do I need to reinstall?

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
It's a new client. Reinstall. Details in your kickstarter beta email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

WayAbvPar posted:

When I log in tonight and get 1/155 I am putting a bounty on your head :argh:

4/155. I guess you are off the hook. For now.

• Locked thread