Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

The reason guard break and leap attack are hosed on m+k is because it waits for you to input double clicks before anything executes, so your timing is off. Further, there's a slight delay on attack if you use your mouse (while the piece of poo poo waits to see if you double click), which makes the game basically unplayable for me. I cant believe this passed Q&A. If anyone has any workarounds other than binding attacks to the keyboard, I'm all loving ears. What an embarrassment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.
Keyboard controls are clunky garbage and can't even really be remapped to be logical. Would not recommend this game without a controller.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Also, hillarious OP. "WATCH OUT, AT SL150 REDDITORS WILL KILL YOU WITH SPELLS AND/OR WEAPONS"

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

StarkWhite posted:

Also, hillarious OP. "WATCH OUT, AT SL150 REDDITORS WILL KILL YOU WITH SPELLS AND/OR WEAPONS"

It's tru though. Well, maybe not in that way, but I kept myself to SL 150 on the PS3, but the Soul Memory system means that I'm going against people who are level 200.

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

Probably to not annoy the console people with posts about crashing HDMI cables, ATI control panel settings, VAC bans, PS4 controller compatibility etc

A good point, but hell, it's more annoying to me to just divide people talking about the game between two threads.

Wouldn't it be a better solution if you made this the Dark Souls 2 PC tech support thread, and leaving actual gameplay stuff to the gameplay thread?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Rexicon1 posted:

It's less cool when you get a VAC ban because you played MW2 and got stuck in an xp server and got flagged for it. This is really infuriating, at least you can do that sharing thing.

Hey there MW2-flagged buddy! This is pretty insane and I hope they eventually fix it.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Everything looks pretty and no bugs so far. Works great with a ds4 pad also. Overall seems to be way better than the DS1 port.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

StarkWhite posted:

No he means that SL doesn't mean poo poo because Soul Memory is a loving retarded mechanic when executed and SL doesn't mean anything anymore, you're better off to just keep leveling up

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Is there any way to play an offline mode on this? I can't seem to find it. Unplugged my internet and unlike the first Dark Souls it doesn't seem to have an option to just play offline. I mean it says 'Initializing Online Mode' which makes me think there is an opposite, right?

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Haha this screen flickers like mad as it tries to load the code/colors. It doesn't actually show in the screenshot but I was trying to figure out just what the gently caress was going on.

Moog
Sep 14, 2013
And now, even after talking to the Emerald Whoever, I can't level up at bonfires. I think the game hates me.
e: I hosed up.

Moog fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 25, 2014

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Moog posted:

And now, even after talking to the Emerald Whoever, I can't level up at bonfires. I think the game hates me.

Try talking to her again.
Have you ever played Demon's Souls?

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

Baron O Beefdip posted:

That's weird, I'm using the same thing with no problems.
EDIT: F310 specifically. What are you using?

Logitech Rumblepad 2 HID is all I can see from the device manager, and the controller itself doesn't say anything other than the brand name on it.

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

Tensokuu posted:

Haha this screen flickers like mad as it tries to load the code/colors. It doesn't actually show in the screenshot but I was trying to figure out just what the gently caress was going on.

Same thing happened to me. Wonder what the deal is?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Grilox posted:

Hey there MW2-flagged buddy! This is pretty insane and I hope they eventually fix it.

Ya, I apologize for taking amusement from this issue. It's a really bad idea, since VAC certainly isn't a perfect system.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Lemonpieman posted:

A good point, but hell, it's more annoying to me to just divide people talking about the game between two threads.

Wouldn't it be a better solution if you made this the Dark Souls 2 PC tech support thread, and leaving actual gameplay stuff to the gameplay thread?

If the game had a simultaneous launch, yes, that might make sense, but given a sort of not quite long but not quite short delay it spares the PC audience from wading through spoilers while trying to get info. Additionally, is spares the console audience from having a retread of the same poo poo, different launch.

Blame Namco for dividing the community.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

HellCopter posted:

It's tru though. Well, maybe not in that way, but I kept myself to SL 150 on the PS3, but the Soul Memory system means that I'm going against people who are level 200.

Uh, you wish. sl200 barely gives an advantage, it's the people that are 300+ or close to max with so much damage reduction that you do no damage that are annoying. And they're still pretty rare.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

El Golden Goose posted:

It's nothing to do with your PCs because the same flickering thing happens to me on the PS3 version.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Anyone else in the forest of giants, what's the deal with the wounded npc in white armor? I can't talk to him and I've cleared all the hollows in the area out.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Moog posted:

You can't level at bonfires in this game, you only level by talking to her.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Anyone figured out how to jump attack and/or "Guard Break" attack using the keyboard and mouse?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

RBA Starblade posted:

Anyone else in the forest of giants, what's the deal with the wounded npc in white armor? I can't talk to him and I've cleared all the hollows in the area out.

He's the toughest kid in school.

Fight him or move on, he's just a unique enemy.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice

RBA Starblade posted:

Real men speak with their fists.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Kill him for a weapon drop. They aren't friendly NPCs

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

He is targetable and thus not an NPC.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Beat the first boss, got the stamina and hp regen rings, everything's coming up milhouse. :unsmith:

Except i'm still at 50% hp, thought burning effigy would fix it but it didn't and I looked at my face, I'm still a zombie !!

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

El Golden Goose posted:

Same thing happened on PS3 a couple of times. Just some oddity with the way it interprets the XML, or whatever scripting language they use for the status splash.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Beat the first boss, got the stamina and hp regen rings, everything's coming up milhouse. :unsmith:

Except i'm still at 50% hp, thought burning effigy would fix it but it didn't and I looked at my face, I'm still a zombie !!

You need to eat an effigy to turn human, burning it just stops you from being invaded for an hour.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

You can't read descriptions or something?
Yeah they changed it where burning effigies makes you seperated from multiplayer for a bit (if you're a coward for some reason) and using them restores Humanity.
EDIT: Or use White Soapstones to restore your humanity.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
To what button on the keyboard does the xbox "Y" correlate to? Just like the last game, it doesn't recognize my gamepad yet still shows xbox button prompts everywhere.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

neetengie posted:

You can't read descriptions or something?
Yeah they changed it where burning effigies makes you seperated from multiplayer for a bit (if you're a coward for some reason) and using them restores Humanity.
EDIT: Or use White Soapstones to restore your humanity.

They didn't change anything, using an effigy always restored humanity, even in the beta.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Genocyber posted:

They didn't change anything, using an effigy always restored humanity, even in the beta.

I meant from Dark Souls 1, although it's my fault I didn't elaborate on that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Amppelix posted:

He is targetable and thus not an NPC.

Its wizarding time then! And only wizarding, the sorcerer can't use anything at the start.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Asehujiko posted:

To what button on the keyboard does the xbox "Y" correlate to? Just like the last game, it doesn't recognize my gamepad yet still shows xbox button prompts everywhere.

It's whatever key you have bound to "two hand weapon", like Dark Souls 1, except in menus where it's whatever you have bound to "Function 1" in the menu keybinds (unlike Dark Souls 1, where it was just hardbound to "insert").

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

For those who have the DS4 working just fine, I have a very important question.

Does the rumble actually work?

This was a huge issue that I still can't get working with Dark Souls 1. Hoping DS2 is special for some reason. :(

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Flubby posted:

Is there any way to play an offline mode on this? I can't seem to find it. Unplugged my internet and unlike the first Dark Souls it doesn't seem to have an option to just play offline. I mean it says 'Initializing Online Mode' which makes me think there is an opposite, right?

Get yourself a VAC ban.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

FuzzySlippers posted:

Everything looks pretty and no bugs so far. Works great with a ds4 pad also. Overall seems to be way better than the DS1 port.

Mind posting how you got it rolling with a DS4? I can't seem to get it to work :(

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

Anyone figured out how to jump attack and/or "Guard Break" attack using the keyboard and mouse?

See my post above. It's hosed up and until they release a fix I would not recommend using a mouse to attack. I'm currently using Q for light right and E for right heavy, and that allows me to both guard break and jump attack normally.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Lemonpieman posted:

So, can somebody tell me why there needs to be a PC exclusive thread at all? All it really seems to do is split up discussion for the same game between two different threads. It just seems weird and unnecessary.

Maybe you've missed the fact that the console version has already been out for a month or so? It makes perfect sense for this thread to exist for all us PC scrubs not wanting everything spoiled/have the joy of experiencing things new with others.

El Golden Goose posted:

Yeah I got that too, figured its cause my monitor has been acting up though. Strange.

Also can I just say that switching the jump while running to pressing left analog stick instead of B is dumb and makes no sense. A minor complaint really, but still annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

You need to eat an effigy to turn human, burning it just stops you from being invaded for an hour.

Oh!