Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Crappy Jack posted:

You use your mouse to control all 8 limbs of a gun-toting spider robot.

NeoSeeker posted:

Something like that...

That sounds horribly complicated and not fun at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

NeoSeeker posted:

six dollar word/phrase?

mini tachikoma

I'm in love. Hold me and never let me go.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dvlos posted:

Chicago has landmarks?

Final Boss is the Jordan statue come to life and you fight it in Chiraq.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Subjunctive posted:

I'm in love. Hold me and never let me go.

That's a common pronoun not an uncommon adjective.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I don't think this needs to be said again but you're a loving nut job.

Takes one to know one, buddy.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Apr 25, 2014

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

Well, it's got the Willis Tower, and Wrigley Field, and... that other tall building... and...

gently caress you, it's still the Sears Tower.

EDIT: Hay, John Sherman!

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Final Boss is the Jordan statue come to life and you fight it in Chiraq.

digital drug induced chaos dunks, thanks in advance Ubisoft.

NeoSeeker posted:

That's a common pronoun not an uncommon adjective.

I don't think this needs to be said again but you're a loving nut job.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Crappy Jack posted:

You use your mouse to control all 8 limbs of a gun-toting spider robot.
Octodad: Shut the gently caress up you stupid shits of children and go to bed! edition.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

NeoSeeker posted:

Takes one to know one, buddy.

I'm fairly certain it just takes a normal person to spot one.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wait, you mean this game isn't called Discuss_Arachnids? gently caress, man, consider my pre-order rescinded.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

At least I can't be nearly as disappointed in the city as I was with Infamous's Seattle since I don't know Chicago at all. If this thread didn't mention they don't have hills I wouldn't even know that.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

leidend posted:

At least I can't be nearly as disappointed in the city as I was with Infamous's Seattle since I don't know Chicago at all. If this thread didn't mention they don't have hills I wouldn't even know that.

For me, it's all American fantasyland anyway, since I'm from Europe.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mordaedil posted:

For me, it's all American fantasyland anyway, since I'm from Europe.

In GTA V I was like "holy poo poo I pissed in that exact same outdoor bathroom on Venice Beach" and could use my existing knowledge of the city to get around but with Infamous it was basically Space Needle/monorail and vaguely similar vegetation and that's it.

I'm going to Palm Springs in a few weeks and seriously considered taking a detour to Trevor's hood (Alamo Sea/Salton Sea) near by just to see if it's actually that gross.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
The thing about the Alamo Sea being Salton Sea is you cannot convey smell through video games.

Be thankful for this. :barf:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I saw a lot of looking at things that are not canines in those videos, I will only ever refer to this game, as Watch_Things, it is the only accurate way.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I have to say I'm slightly disappointed that the giant spider robot didn't end up being a part of the main story.

e: Man this thread is getting ~edgey~

ijyt fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Apr 25, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm slightly disappointed that their excuse for spider-bot is "Aiden passes out and Ubisoft is Ubisoft so now you're a giant spider bot. This is probably an Animus thing."

I really seriously cannot even express how much I want this game to be somehow tied to Assassin's Creed, just so I can have another reason to tell Ubisoft to stop making video games forever.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

I'm slightly disappointed that their excuse for spider-bot is "Aiden passes out and Ubisoft is Ubisoft so now you're a giant spider bot. This is probably an Animus thing."

I really seriously cannot even express how much I want this game to be somehow tied to Assassin's Creed, just so I can have another reason to tell Ubisoft to stop making video games forever.

I feel this anger is fairly misdirected at Ubisoft, when they at least produce fairly fun to play games and their CEO's aren't complete pieces of poo poo.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Maybe not stop making video games, just stop making Assassin's Creed games. Just, like, stop. Forever. No more. Please, god, no more. I'm so tired of walking slowly after people with my head down while they move slower than I run but faster than I walk.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Maybe not stop making video games, just stop making Assassin's Creed games. Just, like, stop. Forever. No more. Please, god, no more. I'm so tired of walking slowly after people with my head down while they move slower than I run but faster than I walk.

You could like, you know, just not buy them?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I just want them to make one ninja game.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

CJacobs posted:

Have you tried to just...stop playing AC games?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

CJacobs posted:

But on the other hand, at this point Assassin's Creed (and apparently that Rabbids poo poo?) is the main moneymaker for Ubisoft that gives them the leeway for everything else.

So if you enjoyed Rayman Legends, or think Child of Light looks good, thank Desmond's dopey looking rear end.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ymgve posted:

Have you tried to just...stop playing AC games?

Yeah! It worked really well! Black Flag seemed like a good game but they probably should stop now before it gets run completely into the ground. I am glad they acknowledged that the story is totally hosed and just ran with it though.

404GoonNotFound posted:

But on the other hand, at this point Assassin's Creed (and apparently that Rabbids poo poo?) is the main moneymaker for Ubisoft that gives them the leeway for everything else.

This is a good point, I guess. I just hope Watchdogs does not turn out to be Assassin's Creed in disguise. That's all.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

This is a good point, I guess. I just hope Watchdogs does not turn out to be Assassin's Creed in disguise. That's all.

Consider this one the first Assassin's Creed.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Revelations and AC3 is the only outright unnecessary/bad AC games. AC4 was amazing, but yeah they should probably stop churning out AC games every year.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Now they can alternate between watch dogs and Assassin's Creed!

Maybe they'll get a third franchise as well to juggle in the same vein so people won't get fed up with the same formulae every time, allowing them to try new things from time to time.

Deuterious
Oct 17, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

Now they can alternate between watch dogs and Assassin's Creed!

Maybe they'll get a third franchise as well to juggle in the same vein so people won't get fed up with the same formulae every time, allowing them to try new things from time to time.

Add Rayman and I'll be happy.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

I hope Watch Dogs is in the same universe as Assassin's Creed, and in Watch Dogs you get caught and placed in an animus. Not for the whole game, but for a chapter or a couple of hours near the end.

Your ancestors that you play as aren't Templars or Assassins though. They are early computing and security visionaries. And you realize that as a hacker you've been destroying their legacy. Watch Dogs 2 then has your character switch sides, and you head up, or are an agent for, the Thought Police in the new Ministry of Love in a new Big Brother. Now that's a game I want to see.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
That has the potential to be really interesting, with some tweaking.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There's a Watch Dogs reference in AC4, but it's hard to find and not relevant to the plot. There will probably be a similar AC reference in Watch Dogs somewhere.

Also, I've always been secretly disappointed that the main character isn't a dog.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

There's a Watch Dogs reference in AC4, but it's hard to find and not relevant to the plot. There will probably be a similar AC reference in Watch Dogs somewhere.

Also, I've always been secretly disappointed that the main character isn't a dog.

As long as he wears that dumb hat he will be a loving dog in my eyes.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

haveblue posted:

What is the reference?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sandweed posted:

What is the reference?

A powerpoint pitching ctOS to Abstergo's IT department. It's in the real-world office somwhere.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
There was also an AC reference in Far Cry 3, so there will probably be some nod to the AC series. I could see ctOS being made by a subdivision of Abstergo or something.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Sandweed posted:

What is the reference?

I can only assume that is has something to do with the project director going to Chicago. I can't remember anything else past that.

Yeah, I also didn't see the ctos thing in the office.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

haveblue posted:

A powerpoint pitching ctOS to Abstergo's IT department. It's in the real-world office somwhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM0Zye6-ZyU shows it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

CJacobs posted:

Have you tried holding A? :v: That's "fast walk" on an Xbox controller. It's more noticeable but not as noticeable as running. Works in multiplayer too.

\/\/\/\/ Maybe so, but you should still try it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 25, 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Have you tried holding A? :v: That's "fast walk" on an Xbox controller. It's more noticeable but not as noticeable as running. Works in multilayer too.

AC2 made that button completely useless by changing it to "anger everyone you ever touch".

Mordaedil posted:

I just want them to make one ninja game.

They won't.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

haveblue posted:

And later on the president of Abstergo Entertainment goes missing while at a stockholders meeting... in Chicago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

haveblue posted:

One of the devs said it was just because they like putting easter eggs in thier games so if you go by that it is just a reference and nothing more.

It could be total bullshit though, it's not like a dev wouldn't lie to hide a plot reveal or anything.

• Locked thread