Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
If I were Nightmare Knight, I'd just disappear suddenly like he did from Parfait. Because that means he'll inevitably run into the last named character left in the castle.

Cabbage

And we all want a scene between the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Man, this comic is way too :3:, it's going to make my heart explode into confetti that barfs up a pomeranian cuddling with a kitten cuddling with a corgi

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Kikas posted:

If I were Nightmare Knight, I'd just disappear suddenly like he did from Parfait. Because that means he'll inevitably run into the last named character left in the castle.

Cabbage

And we all want a scene between the two.

Oh God yes.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.
The best thing would be if Cabbage already knows about the cycle and that's why he's so nonchalant about everything.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Cabbage will encourage NK to be a better villain in a very weird, pushy way, NK will feel pretty uncomfortable.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
It's an unfair fight, there's no way NK could stand up to that amount of jerkface. :ohdear:

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
What would be scarier, if dubblenight was creeped out by jerkface dad; or if he could reign in Cabbage using his fearsome deposition. :ohdear:

...or if they become best friends. :gonk:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

umalt posted:

...or if they become best friends. :gonk:

Some nightmares shouldn't even be mentioned, lest they become true.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
In case anyone else is like me & forgot where we'd last seen Peridot, it was right here.

Good times. :3:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Peridot's crush on Almond is the most adorable thing (everything in Cucumber Quest is the most adorable thing).

Am I the only one that sees Peridot and Cordelia as more like sisters than like mother and daughter? It's hard to explain why, but it definitely comes across more that way.

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 23, 2014

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Tenebrais posted:

Peridot's crush on Almond is the most adorable thing (everything in Cucumber Quest is the most adorable thing).

Am I the only one that sees Peridot and Cordelia as more like sisters than like mother and daughter? It's hard to explain why, but it definitely comes across more that way.

Nah, you're not alone. That's the vibe I get as well. To me, this:

...is the sort of thing you might pull on your sister, but never your mom.

Edit: :siren:Fanart was found while looking for the above page.:siren:

That second one started off cute enough, but then they went there. Hoo boy, did they went there.

Edit Edit: MORE.

John Carstairs fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 23, 2014

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
It's kind of hilarious (and a little sad) that the world conquering wanted space criminal (granted, one who doesn't seem to be quite sure why she's doing the conquering in the first place) is a better parental figure than Cabbage.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Saigyouji posted:

It's kind of hilarious (and a little sad) that the world conquering wanted space criminal (granted, one who doesn't seem to be quite sure why she's doing the conquering in the first place) is a better parental figure than Cabbage.

Cabbage is the true final boss, I'm calling it now.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
You know what I would be all down for [spoiler]jerkface brotimes. Perhaps Cabbage will accidentally say something profound that will help Doubleknight Gum break the cycle[/spoilers].

Misandu posted:

The best thing would be if Cabbage already knows about the cycle and that's why he's so nonchalant about everything.

Isn't Cabbage a descendant of one of the previous heroes? I'm pretty certain he does know.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

PleasingFungus posted:

In case anyone else is like me & forgot where we'd last seen Peridot, it was right here.

Good times. :3:

Reading a couple pages after that (and also the whole splashmaster chapter) I'm really getting the feeling that the hero was never meant to be a sword guy and it's something everyone's either assuming is true because the macguffin is a sword, or knows it isn't and has simply failed to mention it because it's so obvious (like so much else). I can easily see the story finishing (or at least getting two-thirds done) with "yeah all of this would have been much easier if you'd just gone to school like you wanted".

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Take note of this page and that book that Cordelia is reading in the banner.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Oh snap, Nautilus is the mastermind all along. Oh, she not only has the same expression but says she's a "silly". She "forgot" about the extra disaster master.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Haven't people been saying that for a while? She's always acting so carefree about the whole thing, and as we all know, the ditz is always the suspicious one.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Gigi reblogged this on tumblr:

And while the image is amazing in itself, gigi made it better by tagging it with "#quietly imagining the nightmare knight's shirt has an apostrophe after girls" :allears:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So what are the odds this display of sincere friendship messes with NK even more.

tinkerttoy
Dec 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Mr. Lobe posted:

Take note of this page and that book that Cordelia is reading in the banner.

How often does the banner change? I remember it being different when I looked at it earlier today.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pretty much every story arc.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

tinkerttoy posted:

How often does the banner change? I remember it being different when I looked at it earlier today.

Every "scene", basically. They're all collected in the other stuff section on the site.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Foolster41 posted:

Oh snap, Nautilus is the mastermind all along. Oh, she not only has the same expression but says she's a "silly". She "forgot" about the extra disaster master.

Almond is the final big bad that Cuco must overcome to break the cycle.

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 24, 2014

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Roobanguy posted:

Haha, the aaaaas from the previous comic was from her.

I really like how the comic keeps exploiting our assumptions. I just automatically assumed that background screaming was part and parcel of spooky bad guy magic. Cucumber Quest is a delight.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
Meanwile Gigi's twitter is the gift that keeps on giving.

G☆I☆G☆I ‏@gigideegee 13h
I DONT LIKE WEAK GIRLS. *GETS KIDNAPPED* *LOSES MEMORIES* *GETS BRAINWASHED* *SPLITS INTO TWO DUDES*

E: vvv If there is a context for this, I'm happy not knowing it.

Tardigrade fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 24, 2014

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Having no context for that tweet is so much better than having context. I wish I didn't know the context.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
The context is sailor moon you pleb.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Meowjesty posted:

The context is sailor moon you pleb.

Still in the dark. I guess I'm not enough of a nerd to get crushed by the knowledge.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

J.A.B.C. posted:

Still in the dark. I guess I'm not enough of a nerd to get crushed by the knowledge.

Are you saying you don't have deep knowledge of sailor moon? Are you telling me this, in this thread of all threads?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't watched Sailor Moon since I was a kid and yet I still remember that stuff happening.

I think it was all in Season 2.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I haven't watched Sailor Moon since I was a kid and yet I still remember that stuff happening.

I think it was all in Season 2.

3. (She skipped 2.)

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
More fanart!

http://rustybirdcage.tumblr.com/post/83787035173/on-this-episode-of-the-bad-guys-are-my-favorite

More Gigi Twitter!

https://twitter.com/gigideegee/status/459666435199864833/photo/1

:kimchi:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Ok good, at least I'm not the only one who sees Nightmare Knight as the dad in this weird little sitcom family setup.

But seriously though, it's probably killing him inside to see Parfait's love for Carrot and general optimism, then following up with Cordelia's motherly/sisterly affection for Peridot.

This is going to end with a full page spread of him passed out next to a pile of empty whiskey bottles and soggy tubs of ice cream, eyes puffy from crying himself to sleep, isn't it? :(

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

I think it's going to lead to him awkwardly trying to befriend the next disaster master.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

I can't handle Nightmare Knight eating out of a pretzel bag in the movie theater photo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
NK's hair is lovely.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

How has this not been posted yet?

Gigi's business car.
https://twitter.com/gigideegee/status/459314686597398528/photo/1

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-499/

One more page to 500!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
That's a bit depressing. :(

EDIT: I mean, he looks incredibly lost in that third panel. And sad.

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 26, 2014