Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Southampton executive director Les Reed has come out today and said that the club hasn't received any bids of offers for any players and that any enquiries would likely be met with a "no, not for sale". Of course this is all very easy to say now and we'll see what happens over the summer but that's slightly reassuring, hopefully we'll actually be left with some players at the start of next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Diaby is injured (a groin problem) and ruled out for the match on monday.

I expected him to actually play a bit for the first team before breaking again, so this is a bit unexpected even by his standards.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

euroboy posted:

I expected him to actually play a bit for the first team before breaking again, so this is a bit unexpected even by his standards.

Just like a new signing.

Since Kim Kallstrom is the new benchmark.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Starsnostars posted:

Southampton executive director Les Reed has come out today and said that the club hasn't received any bids of offers for any players and that any enquiries would likely be met with a "no, not for sale". Of course this is all very easy to say now and we'll see what happens over the summer but that's slightly reassuring, hopefully we'll actually be left with some players at the start of next season.

Of course he's going to say that. Its public knowledge that Shaw is joining United after turning Chelsea down and that Lallana is considering Arsenal/Liverpool.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
United are buying Lallana

chia
Dec 23, 2005

euroboy posted:

Amazing.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Unbelievable Jeff

also

You can't make stuff like that up

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Starsnostars posted:

Standard statement at this point in the current season, no way will we keep hold of Shaw, Lallana etc come August.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

serious gaylord posted:

Of course he's going to say that. Its public knowledge that Shaw is joining United after turning Chelsea down and that Lallana is considering Arsenal/Liverpool.

Taff has spoken

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If we can keep hold of Schneiderlin, it will be a good summer

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euroboy posted:

:shepface:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
There are worse midfields in the PL than Cork, Wanyama, Davis, Prowse. You'll be alright.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

chuggo is BACK posted:

Taff has spoken

Ive got a 100% success rate

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

euroboy posted:

How long left on his contract? Might as well just cancel it at this point

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Diaby has the best job in the world.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Eau de MacGowan posted:

50k a week for never playing. Its great innit

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
And free private healthcare!!!

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I don't think he took wages for awhile there, if I remember correctly.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eau de MacGowan posted:

They make him run until parts of his body tear and break. It's torture.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Being competitive and wanting to play a fun game that others dream of playing as a career, or rotting away recuperating from awful injuries all the time and having a giant scare on your leg from it...

I think the guys who get to play win out imo.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

How long left on his contract? Might as well just cancel it at this point

One more year.

I think he's paid by insurance at this point.

jynxed
Sep 30, 2013

Lysdexia FWT!
(In other words, I'm dyslexic)
Found this interesting, the picture gallery in the article shows how Anfield evolved over the years. I guess alot of the older stadiums followed a similar profile so its interesting to see how a simple football pitch almost organically grows to a stadium fit for the PL.

This second link is more for the LFC supporters among us as it answers a few questions about the Anfield expansion courteous of the TIA site.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ryan Giggs posted:

"Well I'm the manager now, so I can give myself a five-year contract!"

A real thing that was said.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMYgNG_urLo

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

he's such an utter dickhead.

I've never wanted a team other than my own to win more than I want Norwich this weekend.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

I loving hate ryan giggs!!! Aaa!!!

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

TelekineticBear! posted:

I loving hate ryan giggs!!! Aaa!!!

you probably just hate him because he's a model professional and has never done anything bad or wrong in his life.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-star-luis-alberto-7032601

Luis Alberto got caught drunk driving and is now banned from driving for 12 months and has to take an education course. He needs a role model like Ryan Giggs.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Wayne Bridge had it for a while, train twice a week then go gently caress Frankie Sandford on your bed of money.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

quote:

I'll just give myself a five-year contracts I so yeah museum Apollo while I cum and but I no I learn yeah, I haven't do much work this week but yeah yeah I'm still involved as player as well yeah bozo the

(Youtube automatic captions since I'm at work and can't listen to it)

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Eric Cantonese posted:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-star-luis-alberto-7032601

Luis Alberto got caught drunk driving and is now banned from driving for 12 months and has to take an education course. He needs a role model like Ryan Giggs.

loving retard.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The Mash posted:

(Youtube automatic captions since I'm at work and can't listen to it)

an uptrend okay this way the lads who loves lookbook shout to be fair so

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

blue footed boobie posted:

That's quite funny lol

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
The future of Man U

I swear I've seen this before..

Oh..

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

It was clearly said in jest Tbf

Still hope they lose their remaining games by an aggregate score of 17-1

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

stickyfngrdboy posted:

he's such an utter dickhead.

I've never wanted a team other than my own to win more than I want Norwich this weekend.

What's wrong with you

Ryan Giggs owns.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

I like Ryan Giggs

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Thirteenth Step posted:

I like Ryan Giggs

Your husband doesn't.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
If Azpillicueta is getting a raise to 70k signing Shaw for 100k is a sucka move anyway you look at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
gently caress Giggs!! Seriously.

• Locked thread