Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Mistikman posted:

Some guy made this video back in June of last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaahz9QGfzU

What ever happened with that? I really want a minimap after playing so many games that have one. I don't want to consult my map every time I want to find my way around.
Just use the hud waypoints like a scrub. Back in my day we had to look in the journal for for the note that tells us to Dagon Fel and you better loving know where that was and how to get there because the map was just inky blackness and even if you knew where it was you couldn't just click to teleport there! Heroes these days. Couldn't levitate their way out of a paper bag.

Herrvillain posted:

I decided to go the Heavy Armor route for the first time in forever, and I noticed earlier today that when I equip a set of heavy armor, all sets of the same type become weightless as well, e.g., I have two sets of Nordic Armor at 38 units each, and having one equipped eliminates 76 units of weight. It's almost certainly tied to the Conditioning perk. If it happened before I got the perk, I completely missed it despite having multiple sets of Orcish Armor from time to time. I found one person complaining of this as a bug in 2012, so I'm guessing it's a problem with/inherited from vanilla rather than SPERG. Can anyone confirm?

Skyrim doesn't have a way to modify a specific item beyond temping or enchanting. If you want change weight some orcish armor you change the weight of all orcish armor. So you put on some armor and a perk reduces its weight and everyone's armor weighs less because the dragonborn is just that powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Herrvillain posted:

I decided to go the Heavy Armor route for the first time in forever, and I noticed earlier today that when I equip a set of heavy armor, all sets of the same type become weightless as well, e.g., I have two sets of Nordic Armor at 38 units each, and having one equipped eliminates 76 units of weight. It's almost certainly tied to the Conditioning perk. If it happened before I got the perk, I completely missed it despite having multiple sets of Orcish Armor from time to time. I found one person complaining of this as a bug in 2012, so I'm guessing it's a problem with/inherited from vanilla rather than SPERG. Can anyone confirm?

Confirmed. The steed stone (Makes armor weightless), conditioning, etc. all cause ALL armor of the same type you're wearing (IE : Steel, dwarven, etc) to be weightless.

If you're wearing a steel plate chest and dwarven gauntlets then all steel plate chests in your inventory become weightless.

It's been that way since release. Never patched.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

LtSmash posted:

Just use the hud waypoints like a scrub. Back in my day we had to look in the journal for for the note that tells us to Dagon Fel and you better loving know where that was and how to get there because the map was just inky blackness and even if you knew where it was you couldn't just click to teleport there! Heroes these days. Couldn't levitate their way out of a paper bag.

I know you're joking but Morrowind actually had a minimap that was somewhat useful in getting around. Written directions (as opposed to waypoints) also were the best.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

At least we can disable the compass and rewrite the quest directions today.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
This may have been answered somewhere in the thread already, but does anyone still have the torrent for the TPC pack? The thought of manually extracting all that poo poo is :effort:

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

khy posted:

Trainwiz made Alduin into a boss fight.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53350/

It's like something taken straight from WoW with you being eaten by the dragon, riding on the dragon's back, fighting in a circular stage, etc.

We definitely need a trip report on this. What a modder. :allears:

Burns
May 10, 2008

Alasyre posted:

I may now have a reason to finish the main quest on the current character.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Entropic posted:

I'm using SPERG but still getting 1 perk every level, so I must have installed the Community Uncapper wrong. Is there some trick to it?
When I install it with ModOrganizer I select 'data' as the data directory, right?

If I look at the ini file for SPERG it shows the proper

2=1
3=0.5

under [PerksAtLevelUp]

I tried editing the ini file for the community uncapper itself.

I tried installing Community Uncapper manually to the skyrim data directory.

Nothing works. What am I doing wrong?

Same thing is happening for me too. No idea how to fix it.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

queeb posted:

Same thing is happening for me too. No idea how to fix it.

Entropic, queeb, can you guys confirm that the INI file being used is the one from SPERG? Here's what I mean (See the line in red) :

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Dimo ArKacho posted:

This may have been answered somewhere in the thread already, but does anyone still have the torrent for the TPC pack? The thought of manually extracting all that poo poo is :effort:

I asked the same a while back and then had a crack at the :effort: route before giving up halfway as many of the required elements are outdated and new versions incompatible... you may have better luck with one of the ENB's like Realvision(?) that has links to suggested textures (of which many have links to their own prerequisite textures). If you're not at least 1:1 modding/playing its not really Skyrim.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
IMO a good texture replacer combo is Skyrim Realistic Overhaul (need to torrent/find a download for it), SMIM, Paralax Redux, Ruins Clutter Improvement, and then the Cabal retextures for armor and everything else.

and then titmods

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I dunno if this is what you're supposed to do when you install SPERG, but I took the uncapper's .ini from the SPERG folder and replaced the .ini in the uncapper's folder and I get perks at the appropriate levels.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Alasyre posted:

...why does Alduin have street lamps in his guts?

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Hmmm. Anyone know of a bug that breaks the delivery quest for Farengar's Frost Salts to Arcadia? I thought I'd actually completed this (waaaaaaaay early in the game), but I seem to still have the item in my inventory, and it's locking out other instances of Frost Salts - I want to make the Philosopher's Stone, but it's not recognising my inventory salts.

The only thing I can think of offhand is the SPERG Speech perk for investing with merchants, which seems to set said merchants as friendly (lootable) - but I could swear I completed that quest long before I had that perk. :iiam:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Saint Sputnik posted:

hes the worldeater and he ate a world

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

I was going to ask this. Only one way to find out!

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Saint Sputnik posted:

According to what the guy who uploaded the mod posted in the comments:

Caithe posted:

He devoured them from another kalpa.

They're remnants of a world where pseudo-aetherial permanent casting pylons were used as regular lighting vessels on roads.

So basically what Gyshall said.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Spergin' around with my conjuration/alteration/destruction/illusion/sneak/one-handed mage on master difficulty. :black101:

What do I need to edit in sperg to keep the graphical effect for the permanent versions of the armor spells? I gave it a look on Creation Kit but couldn't figure out what determines the SFX.

Smol fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 24, 2014

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
Ok, SPERG question:

Is there any way to make it not apply the huge lockpicking penalties when wearing bracers instead of gloves/gauntlets?

Bracers don't restrict finger movement and thus should give me full lockpicking.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
So I'm encountering some trouble relating to modding - particularly, grabbing usable objectreferences to player-specified items when those items happen to be one of a (presumably) small set of unique items.

The approach I've been using is to grab the base form of the player's equipped weapon, and then targeting it with DropObject, which is supposed to return an objectreference for the object in question once it's dropped. And this appears to work (approximately, anyway) for generic items; I can grab their objectreference, save it, mess with item tempering, and return it to the inventory, though I can't seem to force it to re-equip using the object reference itself. I can probably work around that using a form reference, though.

But with certain unique items, this breaks. Particularly, when the equipped item is the ebony blade, a debug tells me that dropobject is returning "DA08EbonyBladeScript," the name of the script associated with the item, instead of the blade item itself. And when I use it on ghostblade, it's even worse - it reports "defaultDisableHavokOnLoad," which doesn't bear any obvious connection to it. Save for the fact that such a command is probably given to keep it from slipping off the table when you get it.

These are just two weapons that I happened to have on me in the save where I'm testing my work; it's impossible to say what other weapons in the game might give similar problems. Does anyone have an idea what the source of the problem might be, and/or how to work my way around it?

edit: poo poo, this is probably the problem: "If akObject is a permanently-persistent reference, DropObject will not return a Form ID value for the ObjectReference, even though it still physically drops the object from the inventory. If you need to run further ObjectReference Functions onto the dropped object, you will need to refer to that object's reference ID directly." How did I miss that. Hm.

The problem is that I still need to do this generically, though. So how the heck can I get the game to recognize and acquire the reference ID for an existing persistent reference, without knowing in advance what specific reference that will be.

And why the heck will the function not return an objectreference if such a reference already exists. Stupid bethesda. :(

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 24, 2014

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Use skse 1.07.0 beta's wornObject functions to directly manipulate the equipped items. Doing anything else with specific things in inventory is a nightmare of half working systems and bugs.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Hm. I didn't realize that it existed. Not perfect, but it looks like I should be able to get it to do what I want. Thanks.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mistikman posted:

Ok, SPERG question:

Is there any way to make it not apply the huge lockpicking penalties when wearing bracers instead of gloves/gauntlets?

Bracers don't restrict finger movement and thus should give me full lockpicking.
Is this actually a SPERG thing? It's not in the base game as far as I can find, and I don't recall seeing that in the SPERG documentation?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

It's not. That sounds like Stealth Skills Rebalanced, but even that one should distinguish between bracers and gauntlets.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Those kinds of changes are the most annoying, because there's nothing stopping you from taking off your gauntlets at any time. It just forces you to go into the menu any time you want to do anything thiefy.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
Ah sorry, for some reason I thought it was SPERG. Ill see if I can turn off that 'feature' and just go with bracers for MY IMMERSION.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Mistikman posted:

Ah sorry, for some reason I thought it was SPERG. Ill see if I can turn off that 'feature' and just go with bracers for MY IMMERSION.

Just open up console and type in help "Nimble Fingers" and give yourself the perk for it.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Attention EFF users: I am looking for beta testers for my expanded vanilla follower compilation mod, the B-team! If you'd like to try it out, add me on Steam.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Hi. I've had a mod that I've wanted to make for a while now but I've been stuck as to how to actually go about making it. All the mod would do is add a third path to the love triangle quest in Riverwood where you can tell Camilla that both guy's are douchebags and she gets with neither of them.

What do I need to study to be able to do that?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Upmarket Mango posted:

I've had a mod that I've wanted to make for a while now but I've been stuck as to how to actually go about making it. All the mod would do is add a third path to the love triangle quest in Riverwood where you can tell Camilla that both guy's are douchebags and she gets with neither of them.
Tutorials If you're completely new at modding Skyrim, then I'd start with a tutorial that tells you how to build a simple quest so you have an idea how queststages, objectives and all that stuff works. Then go over a dialogue tutorial.
Once you have something resembling a grasp on that, just start work on modding that quest. When you get stuck on something, start with searching on the Creation Kit section of the Beth forums for sollutions.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Upmarket Mango posted:

Hi. I've had a mod that I've wanted to make for a while now but I've been stuck as to how to actually go about making it. All the mod would do is add a third path to the love triangle quest in Riverwood where you can tell Camilla that both guy's are douchebags and she gets with neither of them.

I wasn't aware she ended up with anyone. She's always just hanging out with her brother after I told her sven was a douchebag.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

rypakal posted:

I wasn't aware she ended up with anyone. She's always just hanging out with her brother after I told her sven was a douchebag.

She doesn't really but I was always annoyed there wasn't an option to tell her both guys are manbabies.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Disco Infiva posted:

I know you're joking but Morrowind actually had a minimap that was somewhat useful in getting around. Written directions (as opposed to waypoints) also were the best.

I don't think either of these things are true. :colbert:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Flame112 posted:

I dunno if this is what you're supposed to do when you install SPERG, but I took the uncapper's .ini from the SPERG folder and replaced the .ini in the uncapper's folder and I get perks at the appropriate levels.

I ended up doing this and it worked. Edited the .ini file in /mod organizer/mods/uncapper/data/skse/ or wherever.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I don't think either of these things are true. :colbert:

Well, see for yourself, I find this helpful. It would be much better if you could zoom in/out and change between local/world map outside of inventory interface, but :shrug:.

Written directions/waypoints are more subjective, but I like directions more not because they are better to get to your goal (they are not) but because you have much better interaction with the environment (since you are focusing on the landmarks and not an arrow) and you notice much more cool poo poo that way.

Since this is Skyrim thread, I apologize about being OT people. :)

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Sorry for the super obscure post, but:

I'm crashing in Solstheim. Usually it's south of Raven Rock along the beach kind of, which makes me suspect it's Deadly Dragons loving up, but there's also the tomb you steadily unearth: that fucker crashes 9 times out of 10 every time I try to enter it. None too sure why either.

The rest of the game seems fine as far as I can tell.

1.) Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? I don't have my mod list/load order in front of me but I can post it later.
2.) Is there any kind of error log out there that I can use to track down the culprit?

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Alright, I've asked on SkyUI's modpage multiple times to no avail: Is there anyway to mitigate the issue where riding a dragon resets your favorites group data? I'm using Apocalypse spells and have the majority of them on my favorites list, sorted into groups by their respective magic trees, and it's just overly impractical to re-categorize them every time I hop onto a dragon's back (being a big fan of real-time dragon fast travel).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Nymix posted:

Alright, I've asked on SkyUI's modpage multiple times to no avail: Is there anyway to mitigate the issue where riding a dragon resets your favorites group data? I'm using Apocalypse spells and have the majority of them on my favorites list, sorted into groups by their respective magic trees, and it's just overly impractical to re-categorize them every time I hop onto a dragon's back (being a big fan of real-time dragon fast travel).

Solution: use Categorized Favorites Menu

boho posted:

Sorry for the super obscure post, but:

I'm crashing in Solstheim. Usually it's south of Raven Rock along the beach kind of, which makes me suspect it's Deadly Dragons loving up, but there's also the tomb you steadily unearth: that fucker crashes 9 times out of 10 every time I try to enter it. None too sure why either.

The rest of the game seems fine as far as I can tell.

1.) Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? I don't have my mod list/load order in front of me but I can post it later.
2.) Is there any kind of error log out there that I can use to track down the culprit?

Load up TESVEdit and see if anything conflicts in those specific areas.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Scyantific posted:

Solution: use Categorized Favorites Menu

Welp, it's far from pretty, but it'll do - cheers.

e: Got a version of CFM that supports Apocalypse and have since come across frustrating lag that I can fairly confidently say comes from just how many favorites I have. Is there a workaround for this, or am I SOL?

Nymix fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Hmmm. Anyone know of a bug that breaks the delivery quest for Farengar's Frost Salts to Arcadia? I thought I'd actually completed this (waaaaaaaay early in the game), but I seem to still have the item in my inventory, and it's locking out other instances of Frost Salts - I want to make the Philosopher's Stone, but it's not recognising my inventory salts.

The only thing I can think of offhand is the SPERG Speech perk for investing with merchants, which seems to set said merchants as friendly (lootable) - but I could swear I completed that quest long before I had that perk. :iiam:

Bounced down and dealt some frost salts to the mine-mage there - she was cool with it, so I guess quest-pulling does it differently than crafting. :smith:

May just go ahead and console 'em away tonight, see if it takes.

• Locked thread