Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I would expect the Jadeborn to be reimagined from first principles. I'm sure Neph thought he was putting the PCs on the horns of a really clever and fascinating dilemma by having them more populous than humanity with a tech base that would result in them inevitably overruning the human race within a couple of generations if their horrible, unfair magical curse were ever repealed, but I don't really agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NIV3K
Jan 8, 2010

:rolleyes:
Ex3 comic complete and being sent out. Supposed to receive by sometime this weekend.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

I got it! It was pretty OK. My main takeaway preview-wise is that there's going to be a focus on the past lives of the Exalts, which I'm personally a fan of. The main character's Exaltation carries a bunch of baggage with it, both supernatural and otherwise, and hopefully that's going to be the norm.

Also, there's an Exalt who performs evocations on other people's daiklaves, so it's possible that evocations aren't just personal developments. Then again, this Exalt invented evocations, so he might just be special.

Edit: spoiler tags for the spoiler sensitive

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It was a pretty good comic, yeah. Makes me curious about that Rakan dude, since IIRC he's the Getimian leader.

QuintessenceX
Aug 11, 2006
We are reasons so unreal
I feel like the comic was awesome when it was talking about evocations and hinting at some of the new 3E stuff. The rest was good, just not as gripping as I wanted it to be. I guess I'm just expecting everything to be Strawmaiden level of awesome. It left me excited to see what was up with that Lunar. That part about Rakan creating a message/compulsion that spread throughout Creation was sooooo loving cool. I've loved Sidereals since I first started reading about them, and I really hope that this is a Sidereal effect, not a Getimian effect. Also, any confirmation that the backer characters were in there? I reallllly can't wait to see how they use my characters name in the 3E core.

Edit: I'm also a big fan of the message it sent about Solar supremacy. Visiting Flare doesn't seem to be some sort of poo poo-stomping murder machine and neither does Eternal Nova. I want Solars to be dominant, just not dominant enough to the point of rendering everything else irrelevant. Also, I dig the way the comic contextualized charms as being part of a character/characters legend rather than something external to the character.

QuintessenceX fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 25, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

QuintessenceX posted:

Also, any confirmation that the backer characters were in there? I reallllly can't wait to see how they use my characters name in the 3E core.

Stallion Cabana said that he recognized some of the non-speaking characters from one of his games.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

QuintessenceX posted:

I feel like the comic was awesome when it was talking about evocations and hinting at some of the new 3E stuff. The rest was good, just not as gripping as I wanted it to be. I guess I'm just expecting everything to be Strawmaiden level of awesome. It left me excited to see what was up with that Lunar. That part about Rakan creating a message/compulsion that spread throughout Creation was sooooo loving cool. I've loved Sidereals since I first started reading about them, and I really hope that this is a Sidereal effect, not a Getimian effect. Also, any confirmation that the backer characters were in there? I reallllly can't wait to see how they use my characters name in the 3E core.

Edit: I'm also a big fan of the message it sent about Solar supremacy. Visiting Flare doesn't seem to be some sort of poo poo-stomping murder machine and neither does Eternal Nova. I want Solars to be dominant, just not dominant enough to the point of rendering everything else irrelevant. Also, I dig the way the comic contextualized charms as being part of a character/characters legend rather than something external to the character.

You know, it was probably a Sidereal astrology effect now that I think about it. I guess since that particular dude is one of the big setting NPCs it was a very powerful effect, but if actual PCs could do something similar, that would be amazing.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Knitted Art posted:

Stallion Cabana said that he recognized some of the non-speaking characters from one of his games.

the two Exalts on the Horse come from different games in my playgroup.

I'm not a part of either of the games (Two different ones), but they play in my Shogunate game.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

pospysyl posted:

You know, it was probably a Sidereal astrology effect now that I think about it. I guess since that particular dude is one of the big setting NPCs it was a very powerful effect, but if actual PCs could do something similar, that would be amazing.

Cursed to live out a low-rent Hong Kong action serial. Amazing. :allears:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
What's the word on corebook and npc enemies. will there be a decent amount in it or will i have to wait for dragonblood and abyss book to make decent ones.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Stallion Cabana posted:

I'm not a part of either of the games (Two different ones), but they play in my Shogunate game.

Do you know their names? I'm guessing they're Abyssals. I thought the cameos were kind of cool, actually.

Lioness
Feb 6, 2014

mistaya posted:

Do you know their names? I'm guessing they're Abyssals. I thought the cameos were kind of cool, actually.
The Hussar is The Feather in the Storm a Moonshadow "Freelance Deathknight" and the redhead is Scarlet Sunset who is actually a Twilight Caste, just one very keen on unwrapping the mysteries of Necromancy. They asked for their characters to be "together" if possible and so they appear to have hooked up.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Rather belated as I catch up on this thread, but my request for Bigger Dog Methodology would be to allow me to do this instead:

Let the Realm know true fear at last.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Rather belated as I catch up on this thread, but my request for Bigger Dog Methodology would be to allow me to do this instead:

Let the Realm know true fear at last.

I wholeheartedly concur with this change to Bigger Dog Methodology, and if that is not the "official" use, it will become a houserule in any game I run.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

MadcapViking posted:

I wholeheartedly concur with this change to Bigger Dog Methodology, and if that is not the "official" use, it will become a houserule in any game I run.

The only Dynasts that can withstand Battlepug are Water-blooded, for only they can withstand the tide of drool without being swept away.

QuintessenceX
Aug 11, 2006
We are reasons so unreal
So has P3 of playtesting started yet? Also, have any sample evocations been released? I know that we had Volcano Cutter but we don't know the specifics of it's powers.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

QuintessenceX posted:

So has P3 of playtesting started yet? Also, have any sample evocations been released? I know that we had Volcano Cutter but we don't know the specifics of it's powers.

It has and supposedly the game drops in June.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

NutritiousSnack posted:

Where did anybody say that? Getting the game in June doesn't sound remotely realistic even if they gave the whole thing to layout today.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

NutritiousSnack posted:

That is definitely not the release date, which has always been 'when it's done'

realbrickwall
Mar 12, 2013

Stallion Cabana posted:

That is definitely not the release date, which has always been 'when it's done'

Rand Brittain posted:

Where did anybody say that? Getting the game in June doesn't sound remotely realistic even if they gave the whole thing to layout today.

It's on the official Onyx Path Schedule. I'm not saying the schedule is realistic, but it's there.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
The problem with the official Onyx Path schedule is that Rich is contractually prohibited from posting any White Wolf-branded information to it without running that info through CCP for approval, a process that takes a while. Typically long enough for the schedule to have changed. But then, to post the changed schedule, it needs to go through approvals again....

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Exalted 3rd edition is definitely coming out in June and it's definitely going to be totally free of any the problems I've imagined or indeed problems in general.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Isn't that just because all of the things you think are problems are, themselves, imaginary?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Ferrinus posted:

Exalted 3rd edition is definitely coming out in June and it's definitely going to be totally free of any the problems I've imagined or indeed problems in general.

I understand it will contain the glorious return of Sharkdad.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Sharkdad cannot truly return for he has never left us. We each, all of us, carry him in our hearts.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

cenotaph posted:

Sharkdad cannot truly return for he has never left us. We each, all of us, carry him in our hearts.

How long until someone photoshops Buddy Sharkdad?

QuintessenceX
Aug 11, 2006
We are reasons so unreal

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I understand it will contain the glorious return of Sharkdad.

Actually, he got punched to death by confirmed returning Solar shark-puncher, Tammuz.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Stephenls posted:

The problem with the official Onyx Path schedule is that Rich is contractually prohibited from posting any White Wolf-branded information to it without running that info through CCP for approval, a process that takes a while. Typically long enough for the schedule to have changed. But then, to post the changed schedule, it needs to go through approvals again....

Rand Brittain posted:

Supposedly the whole thing was on layout since last month. This doesn't mean anything (I did say supposedly) but I didn't pull this out of nowhere and I believe I deserve an apology.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I guess I cannot blame somebody for believing the Onyx Path official schedule since it is in fact right there. I am sorry.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

I guess I cannot blame somebody for believing the Onyx Path official schedule since it is in fact right there. I am sorry.
I quite honestly don't buy that release date since despite doing layout they are still doing part of the sorcery playtest even now and they seem to have been much firmer on a vague summer release then June. Still they are saying June.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

I quite honestly don't buy that release date since despite doing layout they are still doing part of the sorcery playtest even now and they seem to have been much firmer on a vague summer release then June. Still they are saying June.

Nobody with an ounce of sense believes the OPP website release dates. You got called out on this because it was literally unthinkable that you would have gone by the release date on the website. 'Official' Ex3 release dates are actually a running joke in my gaming group.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Except I never said it's coming out in June, I said supposedly it's coming out in June. There is a key difference there, one is "this is what they're saying" and the other is "WoD MMO is out next and will change gaming forever"

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wasn't the WoD MMO officially canceled?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Zereth posted:

Yes.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Zereth posted:

:thejoke:

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

Except I never said it's coming out in June, I said supposedly it's coming out in June. There is a key difference there, one is "this is what they're saying" and the other is "WoD MMO is out next and will change gaming forever"

So basically we're all just agreeing that the release schedule on the OPP website is terrible and the whole idea of it should be scrapped? Okay.

QuintessenceX
Aug 11, 2006
We are reasons so unreal

Ithle01 posted:

So basically we're all just agreeing that the release schedule on the OPP website is terrible and the whole idea of it should be scrapped? Okay.

I feel like there was some discussion from Rich Thomas or someone high up awhile ago on why that website was wildly inaccurate when it comes to Exalted. Still, it sounds like the final phase of playtesting is happening and that means we're probably about 2-3 months out from a pdf, I'd imagine.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Ithle01 posted:

Pretty much.

It should just have a list of in-progress books by product line or something.

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.

QuintessenceX posted:

I feel like there was some discussion from Rich Thomas or someone high up awhile ago on why that website was wildly inaccurate when it comes to Exalted. Still, it sounds like the final phase of playtesting is happening and that means we're probably about 2-3 months out from a pdf, I'd imagine.

And when we have the PDF, we can all take solace in knowing we will wait an additional 6 months for our gold plated books of wonder.

After seeing the comic I regret not keeping my higher kickstarter and having my character created by the artist. Dang, those are some good looking Exalted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I wanted to grab it too but it was sold out before I could get it. I went with getting a character name in the novel at least.

• Locked thread