Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Craig died on the way back to his home planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

FactsAreUseless posted:

Craig died on the way back to his home planet.
So now gay people aren't even human??? - a forum user

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

So now gay people aren't even human??? - a forum user
His home planet is Earth. He dies in a road rage incident in 2016. It's tragic.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
all Craig all the time, bitches.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I like Craig, especially after the wine tasting and him throwing a birthday party for his nephew. And his chemistry with Jean-Ralphio is amazing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like Craig and I'm sure they'll refine his character in the off time. We all remember s1 Andy.

Just realised the show will probably end with Terry's name further evolving into Garry.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Telling people who haven't kept up with the show that April and Andy got divorced would be a really great way to gently caress with them.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I just hope we get more Jamm in the future. I was going to post something about how every new character has taken a few trial runs to really get going, but Jeremy Jamm has been one of my favorite things about this show since his first episode.

Dexhart gets elected president in 2016. :colbert:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

FadingChord posted:

I just hope we get more Jamm in the future. I was going to post something about how every new character has taken a few trial runs to really get going, but Jeremy Jamm has been one of my favorite things about this show since his first episode.

Dexhart gets elected president in 2016. :colbert:

President Gunderson or bust.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Leslie's job as deputy parks director was taken over by that twitchy kid from Season 2. The one who just wanted a month's worth of money.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Leslie's job as deputy parks director was taken over by that twitchy kid from Season 2. The one who just wanted a month's worth of money.

Jean-Ralphio: "I'm DIRECTING yo' PAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRKS"

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Mu Zeta posted:

According to that Hitfix interview Mike Schurr loves Craig and plans to put him in even more next season.

Damnit, no

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

So now gay people aren't even human??? - Craig, from Parks and Rec, unfunnily

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Brock Samson posted:

burn it to the ground

This was my thought exactly. C list celebrity Cameos, "live" musical performances that have nothing to do with anything other than go "hey hear this song from this popular band for 20 seconds!", rehashing a ton of old material, and random trips to other locations for no real reason. If this was the finale it would be one thing but Christ...this show is done. There's probably a better moment where it actually jumped the shark a few years back, but this was a good enough spot to point to and go "It was over at this moment."

I didn't even mind Craig.

Whoever said earlier that turning Leslie from an obsessive person who can't actually accomplish anything into someone who's hyper-efficient and actually gets stuff done, was the worst change in the show was probably right.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

This was my thought exactly. C list celebrity Cameos, "live" musical performances that have nothing to do with anything other than go "hey hear this song from this popular band for 20 seconds!", rehashing a ton of old material, and random trips to other locations for no real reason. If this was the finale it would be one thing but Christ...this show is done. There's probably a better moment where it actually jumped the shark a few years back, but this was a good enough spot to point to and go "It was over at this moment."

I didn't even mind Craig.

Whoever said earlier that turning Leslie from an obsessive person who can't actually accomplish anything into someone who's hyper-efficient and actually gets stuff done, was the worst change in the show was probably right.
Agreed, the show turned terrible as soon as the Freddy Spaghetti concert was a success.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Agreed, the show turned terrible as soon as the Freddy Spaghetti concert was a success.

What do you mean? It was when she got those gay penguins to a gay friendly zoo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Season 1 is the only good season.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Most of the characters were pretty stereotypical at first before they got fleshed out and we learned more about them:

Ron - old manly man
April - moody teenager
Tom - wannabe posh player
Donna - sassy black woman
Andy - slacker jerk boyfriend
Jerry - big goofy screw up

But April opened up more, Andy was more of a loveable goof than a jerk and married her, Tom actually had ambition despite being kind of a weakling, and we even found out Jerry had a perfect family.

I'm sure they'll do the same with Craig so he doesn't just yell always.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

MrAristocrates posted:

Season 1 is the only good season.

Mark Brendanawicz was the funniest, most fully realized character

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Pakled posted:

Telling people who haven't kept up with the show that April and Andy got divorced would be a really great way to gently caress with them.

Annulled because Andy didn't realize what marriage meant. He thought it was that thing with horses.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

PaybackJack posted:

This was my thought exactly. C list celebrity Cameos, "

Michelle Obama, C-List celebrity.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

Michelle Obama, C-List celebrity.

Also John Ham who is the star of a minor show.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

Also John Ham who is the star of a minor show.
And married to Michelle Obama, which is probably how they got him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Holy poo poo I have to see this

quote:

We had a whole other mini plotline thats going on be in an extended cut on NBC.com [later] today where Ron and Diane conspire to get Councilman Jamm and Tammy II together. They run a little bit of a long con on the two of them. [Laughs] Its pretty enjoyable. But I dont think you need to worry about Ron. Ron is not the cheating type. And his history with Tammy II is that if hes in a relationship and is in a stable place in his life, her wilds and charms dont tend to work on him so well.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

bobkatt013 posted:

Holy poo poo I have to see this

Ah, that explains why they didn't go anywhere with Tammy II after she appeared.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Rather than having to do a time jump to advance the plot and move characters forward maybe they could've not pissed away the last two seasons on constant resets and advanced the plot during them instead?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

Rather than having to do a time jump to advance the plot and move characters forward maybe they could've not pissed away the last two seasons on constant resets and advanced the plot during them instead?
I don't think this show is for you. I hear you're allergic to positivity.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't think this show is for you. I hear you're allergic to positivity.

The guy who said that about me was a underage celebrity rape fan fiction writer.

Wouldn't you of liked to have seen the show get to this point naturally, over the last two seasons with the avenues that would've opened up for comedy rather doing the time jump after a couple of (widely agreed) lackluster seasons?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Show would be so much funnier with more plot.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

PaybackJack posted:

C list celebrity Cameos

jon hamm is a c-list celebrity lmao

edit: beaten

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I agree that I wish we'd seen more of this transition (especially since Leslie waffling was incredibly annoying) but at least we got there, and that's important.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
It's a comedy, and it's been in a rut.

I think smashing the formula is better than transitioning to nowhere fast if it means more laughs. The reason the last couple of seasons have been lackluster is being unwilling to move away from the formula, and a steady transition would have just underlined the rut.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Finale was awesome and the people in here being negative are just very sad human beings.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

The guy who said that about me was a underage celebrity rape fan fiction writer.

Wouldn't you of liked to have seen the show get to this point naturally, over the last two seasons with the avenues that would've opened up for comedy rather doing the time jump after a couple of (widely agreed) lackluster seasons?
I wasn't being serious. I think the last two seasons fell into the sitcom trap of being unwilling to change the status quo after a couple seasons that were really good at actually moving things forward. This jump gives me hope that the last season can pick things up again.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

suddenlyissoon posted:

If you've ever watched Billy on the Street, you know that Craig isn't actually a character.
Yes. He's very funny and all this negative talk is from dinkus dorks.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

LividLiquid posted:

This really wouldn't solve the problen of stereotyping gay people as loud, obnoxious perfectionists.

Is the character gay? Honest question, I don't recall if it was ever stated.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Factor Mystic posted:

No. It really wouldn't matter if they suddenly said, "Oh. PS. He's straight," because the implication would 100% be that he's in the closet.

Whether he's gay or not, he's a gay stereotype.

A A 2 3 5 8 K
Nov 24, 2003
Illiteracy... what does that word even mean?

Factor Mystic posted:

It's never been stated, but it seems like some people here have their finger on the pulse of the canon so let's just listen to them.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

LividLiquid posted:

No. It really wouldn't matter if they suddenly said, "Oh. PS. He's straight," because the implication would 100% be that he's in the closet.

Whether he's gay or not, he's a gay stereotype.
Frankly, I find this bigoted prejudice of yours downright disgusting! :roflolmao:

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 26, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

To be fair to c-list celebrities, Letters to Cleo seems like a band that Ben really would want to perform at the concert.

But I had never heard of Land Ho or any of their songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

leidend posted:

But I had never heard of Land Ho or any of their songs.

That's because they're fictional... the lead singer is the frontman for Wilco in reality.

• Locked thread