Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

WayAbvPar posted:

4/155. I guess you are off the hook. For now.

:angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Grim posted:

I think the way it is meant to work with chests is that during an "Event" (so GenCon / HexCon / etc) any packs you open will give a chest with a different loot table (rather than just opening any old chest having a different loot table during the event) so that is one reason maybe not to open [primal packs] until that gets cleared up
I have found the source for this;

Cory posted:

Each pack of cards comes with a treasure chest. The chests range in rarity (common, uncommon, rare, legendary, and primal). Common and uncommon chests drop one item, rare and legendary chests drop two items, and primal chests drop three items! Each chest will have a loot table determined by the set it came from, so a treasure chest from set one will always drop loot from the set one loot table and the treasure chest will be marked as such.

There are also Special Events, which include holidays and conventions like Gen Con 2014. If the chest is generated (meaning you opened the pack during the event), it will have a stamp that lets you know it has a modified loot table to include the special event items.

So yea, until we know otherwise I will be keeping my primal packs unopened

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm going to hold off even redeeming anything at this point until things are more stable. But looking forward to jumping back in.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

I know there has been some discussion about the free weekly drafts for a year (for the tiers that get them). I just asked @HexTCG if they do start from when you redeem the code. They confirmed that yes, they do, and that the codes will expire soon after launch.

quote:

the clock starts ticking when you redeem it, though we plan to have those codes expire a bit after full launch time

Apologies if this was already known, but thought it was worth sharing in case there was any confusion.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

King Burgundy posted:

I'm going to hold off even redeeming anything at this point until things are more stable. But looking forward to jumping back in.

Yeah, I'm really surprised so many people are even touching this right now. I've got some free time for once and I'm itching to play but wooo nelly this is a bad time. I know that if you don't get your stuff they'll fix it for sure, but it still seems like it'd be a huge hassle in the best of cases.

Also: last time I'll ask, but if anyone wants to get rid of a pro player tier I'm interested so let me know. PM or email jvboucherie@gmail.com

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Is Cory still refunding kickstarter backer rewards? I backed this game before I realized some other card game was amazing, and I don't see myself having the time to play it now.

I've been on the fence and I still am kinda. I might keep it I might not.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Stormgale posted:

As Prizes and or play material for all the goons to use for the tournament

You'll have to wait till trading is up, but then it should be easy.

Khorne posted:

Is Cory still refunding kickstarter backer rewards? I backed this game before I realized some other card game was amazing, and I don't see myself having the time to play it now.

What do you have? Someone here will probably buy it at cost.

Grim posted:

I think the way it is meant to work with chests is that during an "Event" (so GenCon / HexCon / etc) any packs you open will give a chest with a different loot table (rather than just opening any old chest having a different loot table during the event) so that is one reason maybe not to open them until that gets cleared up

Also I got more like 1.6% drop rate of primals (plus the guaranteed ones) but I'm still happy with my haul :)
I thought the packs had to be acquired during the event not opened.

Vincent Valentine posted:

Yeah, I'm really surprised so many people are even touching this right now. I've got some free time for once and I'm itching to play but wooo nelly this is a bad time. I know that if you don't get your stuff they'll fix it for sure, but it still seems like it'd be a huge hassle in the best of cases.

Also: last time I'll ask, but if anyone wants to get rid of a pro player tier I'm interested so let me know. PM or email jvboucherie@gmail.com
redemptions are working fine it's games that are the issue

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 25, 2014

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

In as Zone. Having 'keeper' in my keep name felt weird so I just shortened it. :v:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Protip posted:

I know there has been some discussion about the free weekly drafts for a year (for the tiers that get them). I just asked @HexTCG if they do start from when you redeem the code. They confirmed that yes, they do, and that the codes will expire soon after launch.

I'm kind of surprised they're letting the codes expire. I'd be pretty pissed if mine did.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Zonekeeper posted:

In as Zone. Having 'keeper' in my keep name felt weird so I just shortened it. :v:

it wouldnt let me keep spaces in my original name (same as forum name) so I shortened to Zeroh. Zero was taken, of course.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

The Moon Monster posted:

I'm kind of surprised they're letting the codes expire. I'd be pretty pissed if mine did.

I assume they want to prevent people from hoarding them and then later selling them for big dollars and the associated people getting scammed on used or fake codes.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

WayAbvPar posted:

4/155. I guess you are off the hook. For now.

4 more Primals out of 2 of my Guild 30 codes (the other 30 went to a friend who got 1). :iamafag:

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Mikujin posted:

4 more Primals out of 2 of my Guild 30 codes (the other 30 went to a friend who got 1). :iamafag:

drat... I only got 1 extra out of my 155 boosters, and 0 from another 30 code that a friend gave me.

Another friend of mine got 6/155.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
The second code was kinder on primals so 9/310.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
Finally signed up for this. I have two primals (I think?)

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.

logis posted:

Finally signed up for this. I have two primals (I think?)

Go to "Store" then click "open pack." On the right hand side, primals are a gold/orange color and appear under your normal booster packs (which have a green color).

The number you have is in the lower right hand corner. If there is no number, you probably only have one.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
I input my code for lifetime drafts last night, but I could never get the application to not hang when I clicked on 'tournaments'. Does anyone know what the actual process for accessing your weekly drafts is?

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

OBi posted:

I input my code for lifetime drafts last night, but I could never get the application to not hang when I clicked on 'tournaments'. Does anyone know what the actual process for accessing your weekly drafts is?

The game servers are having some problems right now so they disabled tournaments. They hope to have everything up and running today.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

OBi posted:

Tournaments are down. They are supposed to come back up sometime later today.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
While everyone is waiting for things to get ironed out, Card Hunter released new cards/missions/items today: http://www.cardhunter.com/

Game has some flaws, but it's definitely worth trying out.

Edit: Game is free to play as well, and not in a scummy way.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 25, 2014

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
I'm really curious what the actual mechanism for the free drafts will be though. A draft 'token' (possibly expiring) placed into our account every week? A 168 hour 'free draft' timer that triggers only when the draft fires? The last one would likely make it impossible to do 52 drafts a year in practice.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

OBi posted:

I'm really curious what the actual mechanism for the free drafts will be though. A draft 'token' (possibly expiring) placed into our account every week? A 168 hour 'free draft' timer that triggers only when the draft fires? The last one would likely make it impossible to do 52 drafts a year in practice.

It's tokens in your account that expire, like you say.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Since traffic seems to have picked up a fair bit, I'll remind people that we have an irc channel at #hex on irc.synirc.net if you want to hang out and talk about cards.

Pieces
Jan 25, 2011
3 primal packs. I feel like such a failure

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Pieces posted:

3 primal packs. I feel like such a failure

Don't feel bad - I only got 2.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Is there a bug that removes gems from socketed cards or am I just loving up somehow? I keep planning out these brilliant plays with that blue ambush gem only to get to the combat phase and do... nothing because my guy isn't gemmed.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

The Moon Monster posted:

Is there a bug that removes gems from socketed cards or am I just loving up somehow? I keep planning out these brilliant plays with that blue ambush gem only to get to the combat phase and do... nothing because my guy isn't gemmed.

Did you hit save in the deckbuilder dropdown menu?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
It's interesting how much the primals effect the card totals you get.

If you buy 100 packs, normally you'd expect to get something like, what, 11 legendaries and 89 rares? (Is that the correct chance?)

With even just two primal packs though you'll get four more legendaries and twenty six more rares. So like a third of your total legendaries and rares will come from your two primal packs.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
I really wish this wasn't the mtg pre release weekend. I've already registered for several tournaments, but I really want to draft some hex. Have they said whether tournaments will be up fir sure this weekend or not?

Gross Dude fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 25, 2014

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Gross Dude posted:

I really wish this wasn't the mtg pre release weekend. I've shady registered for several tournaments, but I really want to draft some hex. Have they said whether tournaments will be up fir sure this weekend or not?

I don't think they've said for sure that they will be up. They have said their staff are testing tournaments right now to make sure the fixes they've put in place work. However I think it's probably up in the air when all of the players start hitting the servers again.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It's interesting how much the primals effect the card totals you get.

If you buy 100 packs, normally you'd expect to get something like, what, 11 legendaries and 89 rares? (Is that the correct chance?)

With even just two primal packs though you'll get four more legendaries and twenty six more rares. So like a third of your total legendaries and rares will come from your two primal packs.

Yeah, my haul was average but if I only had one or two and I knew that there were people out there getting 8+ I'd feel a little cheated. It makes a big difference to how my rares and legendaries you get.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm not that concerned about Tournaments not being up yet. There's plenty of time to play and as others have mentioned there's the Prerelease this weekend.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"

Khorne posted:

I am waiting to hear back about a refund. I asked in February with the requested details, and their reply asking what tier did not go to my email and the ticket was closed. I reopened it a couple days ago and got a reply stating "we may not be able to but we will see".

Otherwise, I will have a Collectors tier for sale, myself.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
If I redeem my code, do I have to pick my four decks immediately or can I open some of my packs before making my decision?

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Some Numbers posted:

If I redeem my code, do I have to pick my four decks immediately or can I open some of my packs before making my decision?

I believe you just get all 4. The only deck pick I had was the free one for making an account.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Karnegal posted:

I believe you just get all 4. The only deck pick I had was the free one for making an account.

Same for me. After I redeemed my code I then had two Orc decks with the same name (one just with a 1 attached to it), so I deleted the duplicate deck in the deck manager. I didn't really look closely but does this mean you get double the cards from whatever starter deck you pick?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Karnegal posted:

Yeah seems so.

And yes, Protip, I had up to 6 of copies of some cards from the orc starter deck. I doubt a single starter deck would include more copies than you can actually play with.

Anyway, hit 6 primals including the 1 guaranteed, guess I'm somewhat lucky? Holding on to them for now in any case.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

So, after playing The Ancestor's Chosen on turn 1, what are the odds of whiffing on drawing a Spirit for the next 15 turns?

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

So, after playing The Ancestor's Chosen on turn 1, what are the odds of whiffing on drawing a Spirit for the next 15 turns?

I might have done this wrong, but as far as I can tell, approximately 1% percent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Glidergun posted:

I might have done this wrong, but as far as I can tell, approximately 1% percent.

So, what you're saying that I'm the 1% and you guys are all the 99%? I can live with that.

• Locked thread