Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

Seems fitting to post it here too. Wing Fenice Rinascita and Exia Amazing just got announced for the HGBF line: http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2014/04/hgbf-1144-gundam-exia-amazing-hgbf-1144.html

... goddamnit. I know there was no reason to believe they would be MG, but a small, stupid part of me hoped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The BF MGs must not have done so well, we haven't got a single announcement since the obligatory Universe Booster.

Eej posted:

Things I will never understand about Gundam merged into one: why people care about Crossbone and why people even like Mao when he's just a big whiny baby for way too long.

He was funny and he had excellent taste in Gundams. v:shobon:v

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

The BF MGs must not have done so well, we haven't got a single announcement since the obligatory Universe Booster.

The Shizuoka Hobby Show happens sometime next month. If we're gonna get new BF MGs, it'll be there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TaurusOxford posted:

Seems fitting to post it here too. Wing Fenice Rinascita and Exia Amazing just got announced for the HGBF line: http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2014/04/hgbf-1144-gundam-exia-amazing-hgbf-1144.html

To the surprise of no-one at all. Still holding out for a Mock HG though :pray:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To the surprise of no-one at all. Still holding out for a Mock HG though :pray:

That would be pretty funny, especially if it comes in the fake box and everything.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Eej posted:

Yeah but most of those aren't incredibly annoying.

Well except maybe Nils. At least they made fun of him in series for it.

The show went out of its way to mock Mao at every opportunity. His first appearance had him doing a grand introduction speech and Sei and China scurrying away before he could finish.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TaurusOxford posted:

I literally just bought the K-9, Crossbones Maoh and pre-ordered the Gouf R35. Please Bandai, don't take all of my set aside 'dumb nerd poo poo' money next month too :negative:.

I'm in for both. The Amazing Exia's so cool...

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Pureauthor posted:

The show went out of its way to mock Mao at every opportunity. His first appearance had him doing a grand introduction speech and Sei and China scurrying away before he could finish.

Yeah, seriously, almost every one of his appearances in the latter half of the series before the very end involved him whining like a little baby and someone making fun of him for it(usually Reiji or Chinan).

Nils's Japanophilia never overtly mocked aside from that one hilarious Meijin throwaway line about calling his mech Sengoku but using Chinese martial arts.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Caros posted:

... goddamnit. I know there was no reason to believe they would be MG, but a small, stupid part of me hoped.

We almost always get HGs before MGs, don't give up all hope.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'd be really surprised if we don't get a GX Maoh this year, the MG GX was pretty out of nowhere (It was a big gap in the all MG lineup though) and BF featuring a GX variant has to have been one of the reasons to make one. (or the reverse: MG GX made the GX Maoh happen)

Zedd fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Apr 23, 2014

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
To add to all the BF announcements, there's a Gyan Vulcan booster coming as well. Poor Suzumu can't even do well enough to warrant a full kit, only a conversion pack for the original HG :v:.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/hgbc-1144-vulcan-pack-announced.html

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To add to all the BF announcements, there's a Gyan Vulcan booster coming as well. Poor Suzumu can't even do well enough to warrant a full kit, only a conversion pack for the original HG :v:.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/hgbc-1144-vulcan-pack-announced.html

I'm happy about it, I like the Gyan's shields but didn't want to pick up the Gyan proper. Good times.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I don't have a link at the moment but apparently Caroline's Custom SD Knight is also getting kit (As are the Turn X, Air Master and Z+ gundams, so basically I'm all tapped for nerd poo poo for the foreseeable future)

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

BlitzBlast posted:

I bought all three :smithicide:

Caros
May 14, 2008

CaptainRat posted:

I bought all three :smithicide:

I'm right there with you my MG brother.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
I'm waiting for an mg SBS. I did buy some hg's though.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Caros posted:

I'm right there with you my MG brother.

As did I.

Caros
May 14, 2008

The Missing Link posted:

I'm waiting for an mg SBS. I did buy some hg's though.

I still am waiting on an order for a set of sparkling blue paint. Going to try to modify my Build Strike into RG mode but it is a bitch to find the proper paint around here.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I wouldn't count out more mg's. The molds more or less available for a lot of the kits- wing gundam fenice, dark matter and the gundam x maoh. Mg's usually take a bit longer than the hg's, Bandai doesn't want to cannibalize on hg sales. I'd be really surprised if some build fighters mg's aren't announced in the near future.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's not a question of if Bandai can make them (the manual for the Build Strike literally shows how you can connect the Booster to the MG Wing and the MG X), it's a question of if they were profitable enough for Bandai to want to make them. Don't forget we never got MG AGE-1 FG.

Totally crossing my fingers though!

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

It's not a question of if Bandai can make them (the manual for the Build Strike literally shows how you can connect the Booster to the MG Wing and the MG X), it's a question of if they were profitable enough for Bandai to want to make them. Don't forget we never got MG AGE-1 FG.

Totally crossing my fingers though!

I know that bandai could make them, but I made that point because Bandai loves being cheap and reusing molds. Making slight modifications to an existing mold is much cheaper then making one from scratch. I don't think age is a good comparison, because from what I've seen, the bf kits sold really well, while the age kits sold like crap. The only thing I'm really worried about is that bandai doesn't like making mg's of non-lead suits for new series: look at 00.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The issue is that we don't know if the BF MGs sold well.

And we only got three unique MG molds for 00 because the kits sold like crap.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Bandai-Namco's FY2014 investor brief & IR release is on 5/8 so there might be some more info on Gundam sales in a couple weeks.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

The issue is that we don't know if the BF MGs sold well.

And we only got three unique MG molds for 00 because the kits sold like crap.

Did Sei and Reiji win the World Cup with a Master Grade Build Strike? I think not! :colbert:.

Seriously though, I actually wonder if that might be half the reason the MG's aren't selling well with the fanbase.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Did Sei and Reiji win the World Cup with a Master Grade Build Strike? I think not! :colbert:.

Seriously though, I actually wonder if that might be half the reason the MG's aren't selling well with the fanbase.

If a lot of the kit sales are to newcomers to the hobby, the price tag of an MG compared to the HG is a pretty big deterrent too.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So.

Apparently there's going to be some bonus content on the Bluray?

https://twitter.com/buildfighters/status/459699493403766785/photo/1

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Neat, we might actually get to see the Cosmos.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

So.

Apparently there's going to be some bonus content on the Bluray?

https://twitter.com/buildfighters/status/459699493403766785/photo/1

Some last-minute-addition bonus content.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm already excited!

I want a return of Bearguy-san, or maybe the next step in that noble line of kits.:monocle:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Four is death in japanese, so Bearguy IV would be even edgier than Dark Matter.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

BlitzBlast posted:

Four is death in japanese, so Bearguy IV would be even edgier than Dark Matter.

New final boss, maybe?

I'll be 100% honest: I'd still watch the hell out of a show that's just the girls doing their thing. Fighters is like the exact opposite of AGE in terms of interesting female characters.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

New final boss, maybe?

I'll be 100% honest: I'd still watch the hell out of a show that's just the girls doing their thing. Fighters is like the exact opposite of AGE in terms of interesting female characters.

I really wish we got more of this in the series. There's a good female cast, but besides Aila, they don't really do much at all.
And even Aila got shafted at the end, with the Miss Sazabi.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I like BF but I wouldn't rank it much better than AGE. It avoids the fridging and it actually gives them personalities but it doesn't actually let them do anything. The fact that more screentime is dedicated to Mao's Master and Ramba Ral's goofy upgrades than Aila's is a pretty AGE-level "eh, nobody cares about women" bit of writing.

The whole Miss Sazabi thing is awful. It's seriously a worse showing than the AGE-3 Orbital got and I didn't think that was possible. You can't even argue that they didn't have time to show it off because they had time to give the Crossbone Maoh and the Old Men Squadron their moments of cool. It's not even like they couldn't have found a way to write it. Maybe have Aila (and China, if she can stop Iori-kunning) take out the big-rear end laser instead of having Sei's dad show up and be like "hey guys did you try shooting the laser?!"

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 25, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm really disappointed the Miss Sazabi didn't get to do much too (seriously what a waste, it's such a cool design), but saying it did worse than the AGE-3 Orbital is really stretching it. The Orbital never did anything but lose and was ultimately ditched for literally not being good enough for its pilot. Miss Sazabi killed some grunts, so at least it actually won a fight.

I mean I guess the Orbital had more screen time but if all it ever did was get its rear end kicked is that really better than barely having any screentime but doing something cool in half of it?

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 25, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm really disappointed the Miss Sazabi didn't get to do much too (seriously what a waste, it's such a cool design), but saying it did worse than the AGE-3 Orbital is really stretching it. The Orbital never did anything but lose and was ultimately ditched for literally not being good enough for its pilot. Miss Sazabi killed some grunts, so at least it actually won a fight.

I mean I guess the Orbital had more screen time but if all it ever did was get its rear end kicked is that really better than barely having any screentime but doing something cool in half of it?

The Orbital killed a few grunts before it was taken down by ace pilots. It used that weird boomerang homing laser to take out some Vagan grunts before it got Zamdrag'd. It was a terrible showing but it was still better than the Miss Sazabi.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 25, 2014

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ImpAtom posted:

The Orbital killed a few grunts before it was taken down by ace pilots.

You say that like killing nameless grunts in the Gundam Universe is an accomplishment.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

You say that like killing nameless grunts in the Gundam Universe is an accomplishment.

I don't think it is. BlitzBlast argued that Miss Sazabi took down some grunts so it had a better showing and I disagreed. In terms of a showing:

AGE-3 Orbital launches and instantly wrecks two enemy suits. It fights Zeheart for a while who lures him into a trap. It dodges the trap and wrecks all of the suits that were trying to trap it using its beam saber and cannons (and throwing a net at one.) It finally gets taken down by the Zeheart/Zamdrag team.

Miss Sazabi gets a ~10 second scene of it stabbing a couple of Mocks and then does nothing until it gets wrecked.

It's not a good contest to have considering both showings were terrible but Miss Sazabi's is far worse.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 25, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well poo poo, it did? I'd rewatch AGE to check (I seem to recall the Orbital's gun being entirely ineffectual) but that would require watching AGE so yeah.

Either way I'd still argue that there is a difference in what you'd expect out of a main character suit and a side character suit (the Crossbone and the Rinascita didn't get much besides their "this is the suit's gimmick" scenes either), but that's just going off onto a tangent. I'd definitely agree that BF wasn't very good with its female characters. Honestly, as much as I like it I can't honestly say it's a good show without some qualifiers.

EDIT: V We all like the Miss Sazabi too! That's why we're so bummed it didn't get to do anything. That's pretty much the one problem I have with the Master/Gouf combination, it meant the other new suits didn't get to do as much.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 25, 2014

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I dunno, I still like the Miss Sazabi, even if it never really got a chance to be awesome in a fight beyond beating up some Mocks. I just like it because it shows Aila's developed an appreciation for Gunpla now that she's no longer being forced to treat it as a job. I also like that China helped out Aila with it, because it's one of the few things China does in the series that doesn't have anything to do with her crush on Sei.

Plus the thing just looks badass.

BlitzBlast posted:

EDIT: V We all like the Miss Sazabi too! That's why we're so bummed it didn't get to do anything. That's pretty much the one problem I have with the Master/Gouf combination, it meant the other new suits didn't get to do as much.

Honestly, the thing that bugged me the most about that scene was Master Chinan's custom Master Gundam wasn't very heavily customized. I think I would've preferred to see him bring back that heavily customized Kowloon Gundam from Mao's flashback in episode 17.

But yeah, I get what you're saying about the Miss Sazabi, and it is a shame it never got a real chance to shine.

... Maybe it'll show up in that bonus footage on the Blu-Ray? :v:

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, I like Miss Sazabi and I like Aila which is why I'm kind of annoyed at her showing. I'd even be okay if it just fought mocks if it didn't literally get less screemtime than Nils' goofy hammer.

• Locked thread