Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

We're approaching the double suicide that gives the play its tragic climax. But never mind that, have some cheesecake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Selachian posted:

We're approaching the double suicide that gives the play its tragic climax. But never mind that, have some cheesecake.

I think he's just trying to harden us for the emotional impact.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Attitude Indicator posted:

It's not really shocking that this guy didn't want to work with Mandrake.

Let's be fair, if you had Mandrake's powers, wouldn't you do that kind of poo poo? Like, it would take me a while to even think of crime-fighting as an option because I'd be too busy magically pantsing people and other magic pranks.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Selachian posted:

I've checked out of this one at last. After Romeo klutzing his way into the deaths of Mercutio and Tybalt, nothing this adaptation does can outrage me further.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

I do a lot of printing for a magician where I work and every time he pays he just pulls out his credit card like a normal person. I have to say I'm always disappointed he doesn't do something like this.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

I had a bad day yesterday so this came off really sweet.

Nth-ing the love for Chief Dharma, and particularly this one. The last panel ended it in a funny way, not unlike an 80s sitcom or something. Whatever, it worked.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
The Phantom

I assume its these guy's that are the ones planning to kidnap the pres?

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Selachian posted:

Yeah, let's thank Brooke for the treat of a 13 year old sporting a skimpy nighty. :barf:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I think what bothers me is most people reference Romeo and Juliet as if it's some great story about true love. It's a story about how teenagers are acutely retarded, especially when hormones are involved, and that their parents aren't much better.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

This was a great Chief Dharma! So what are the test rankings between? Is 48th rank the same as 48th percentile, i.e. she did better than only 48% of the people that tested?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Man SMBC used to be so good :(

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

You know, I used to really like Dilbert. When I was younger I had a bunch of books and things. I swear it used to be funny. Now the joke is just how big of a dickhead Dilbert is to perfectly normal people, which I swear used to be Dogbert's domain.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dilbert was funny when it was about what sad and lonely people engineers are. Now it's like Adams is appealing to the MRA/Reddit crowd.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Redeye Flight posted:

You know, I used to really like Dilbert. When I was younger I had a bunch of books and things. I swear it used to be funny. Now the joke is just how big of a dickhead Dilbert is to perfectly normal people, which I swear used to be Dogbert's domain.

I still like it a lot of the time, honestly, but a lot of the jokes about people having terrible beliefs kinda fall flat knowing that Scott Adams is a terrible person who holds those beliefs.

Wally is still great though.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Maxwell Lord posted:

I've checked out of this one at last. After Romeo klutzing his way into the deaths of Mercutio and Tybalt, nothing this adaptation does can outrage me further.
I suspect you are underestimating Brooke McEldowney.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

THE KINGPIN
!

has been bothering me for days.

Scary Gary

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

Author Raisa Örman:
- I breastfed the child for six months
- The breast pump turned into a dear friend
- Hi Raisa it's been a while

"To come" and "to become" both use the same verb, tulla. "The breast pump became a dear friend" and "From the breast pump came a dear friend" are pronounced the same.

Fok_It

FractionMan
Dec 24, 2003

Bringing back the balls to Rock

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (February 3-4, 1927)

Peanuts (April 27-28, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean, in which, among other things, we learn what a crackerjack journalist Les Moore was.

Popeye

Rip Haywire, in which RJ talks his way out of a sticky situation and straight into another one.

Pogo (April 26-27, 1956)

Confederate Memorial Day, if you were wondering. Best not to turn over that rock these days.

Out Our Way (November 5-6, 1924)

Don't worry, honey! It's a completely different type of animal abuse!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Hello! Did you miss my comix?
Cul-de-sac yeah, that's flutter sparkle or whatever the gently caress I don't know.

The Creeps I like to imagine they moved in with Ziggy after the Flagstons.

Candorville features a grown-rear end man belittling a child.

and then getting owned.

Broom Hilda

Ok, I kinda like this one.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Let me tell you, daughter of John Darling how John Darling spoke his (John Darling's) last words to me while he, John Darling (your father) was dying.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Speaking of Cul De Sac, I sent a get well card to Richard Thompson back before Christmas when he got hurt. He sent me a letter today thanking me for it. That was pretty dang awesome. I never expected a reply, he's a great dude and every day I miss the wonderful world of Cul De Sac he gave us.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Are we really supposed to like this rear end in a top hat?

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

This was a great Chief Dharma! So what are the test rankings between? Is 48th rank the same as 48th percentile, i.e. she did better than only 48% of the people that tested?

No, she has the 48th highest scores in the whole grade, which is several hundred students.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Maxwell Lord posted:

Johnny Walker posted:

I suspect you are underestimating Brooke McEldowney.

Pibgorn

Ah, we're up to the scene where Juliet cracks up.

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn

Jesus Christ, Brooke. Nice teenage (flat) rear end shot there. :barf:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Huh, thats weird reference. Pencil tests are usually only used for animation.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

You know, I haven't thought about beatniks in a while. Calling it now, it's the next new hipster thing.

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Oh, Brother

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I really like this strip, but I don't know why. It rarely elicits a laugh from me but there's just something about it that I find endearing. Thanks for posting it.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mark Trail

:ohdear:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SynthOrange posted:

Huh, thats weird reference. Pencil tests are usually only used for animation.
Dick Tracy is getting confusing with the amount of shadowy figures at film studios being depicted, but Hawaiian shirt guy is the animator Vera hired to make the J Straightedge Truecore film, as opposed to being involved in the whatever film is starring Mysta Chimera.

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson
Historically they didn't wear black outfits or sedge hats, but good work with that factoid about a weapon that none of the ninja are using :eng99:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
PibIto Junjigorn?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Wait, I haven't been following Spider-Man, what's up with glowing Iron Hitler?

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

SALT CURES HAM posted:

You need to catch up. Emphasis on "need."

http://comicsalliance.com/the-spider-man-newspaper-strip-crazy/

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

SALT CURES HAM posted:

JJJ vs Spidey in an epic derp-off. It's been glorious.

E: I think JJJ is projecting a hologram of his face onto the mask of Stark's old busted poo poo so people know it's him, thus it looks like Iron Hitler. Could be wrong.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Apr 26, 2014

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn

Really, Brooke?

There are a dozen better ways to have done that last frame, and you chose, well, that.

Always classy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Y'know pretty sure I can walk through a field without getting twigs n poo poo in my hair soooo I can only presume somewhere between the highway and the bus-stop there was some rolling around on the ground.

• Locked thread