Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

The Walking Dad posted:

In the console version I could see that she took off her mask, but I could never make out the features of her face very well. It looks like she is a leper. Explains the covering of every portion of skin, and why she doesn't allow people to get close to her.
Pretty sure that's just the effects of hollowing. It's why she's obsessed with you remembering her--she's going hollow and forgetting herself.

Mindblast posted:

I recall someone saying that after beating the the pursuer you'd find some nice armor. Am I blind for not finding it? It was kinda late, so...
I can't remember the exact directions, but you need to drop through the floor. Maybe go up a ramp then drop down? It's around where the bird takes you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
That particular part can be cheesed a bit. The first "wave" of dudes is usually just 3. Run back until they stop following you and you can pick them off one by one.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Elysiume posted:

I can't remember the exact directions, but you need to drop through the floor. Maybe go up a ramp then drop down? It's around where the bird takes you.

You just drop through a crack in the floor right after the fight. You get a good armor set and a 100% physical block shield that you can use the whole rest of the game without ever bothering to upgrade it.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Elysiume posted:

Pretty sure that's just the effects of hollowing. It's why she's obsessed with you remembering her--she's going hollow and forgetting herself.

I've been running around in old knight's armour and falconer pants for hours, it fits nicely under my load cap along with my mace and twin serpent shield so I don't fatroll, and its damage resistances have yet to even remotely be challenged by other armour I've found.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
There's a load cap? I thought they changed it so iframes during are from Agility. I stripped naked and didn't notice an animation change versus where I'm at with lovely armour but over 55%. A movement speed change, sure but not dodging like DkS1.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

It's nice that your roll stays response until a pretty high %.

And thanks for the answers so far. Good stuff!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

So I de-stoned the Pyromancer trainer/merchant woman and gave her armour but I can't find her in Majula. Where is she at?

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Spudd posted:

So I de-stoned the Pyromancer trainer/merchant woman and gave her armour but I can't find her in Majula. Where is she at?

The foot of the stairs by the Way of Blue monument.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Has anyone else had problems being summoned? I get put on a loading screen for 5-10 mins, then show up in an empty world before getting thrown back to my own with 'Disconnected from Multiplayer Session.' I don't think it's my internet because I can summon other people fine.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Sober posted:

There's a load cap? I thought they changed it so iframes during are from Agility. I stripped naked and didn't notice an animation change versus where I'm at with lovely armour but over 55%. A movement speed change, sure but not dodging like DkS1.

Yes but the iframes for the fat and fast roll are different, it's 70% fat roll, 100% no roll, and the roll distance apparently diminishes as the % gets higher but as somebody who has rolled of my fair share of cliffs that's not exactly a bad thing.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Apr 26, 2014

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Spudd posted:

She shows up at the bottom of the stairs leading to the death count obelisk. Warp away from majula and come back if she isn't there, it can be a little finnicky if you just walk back

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012

Elysiume posted:

I suppose that is the more obvious reasoning. Viral skin infections, leprosy in particular, appear as grey splotches like that, while hollowing always seemed to be an all over sort of visual effect.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Sober posted:

By load cap I meant the maximum weight you can equip without exceeding 40% (I think) of your load stat, the fatroll cutoff. Below that you're fast, above that you're slower, above 70% (I think) you're just hosed for rolling. Of course I'm completely spitballing these figures though, and I could likely be wrong about the percentages.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The fat roll is also not that terrible this time around.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

The Iron Rose posted:

So anyone have any advice for me wrt the Ruin Sentinels? Because even with three people they're kicking my rear end. I'm at SL52 powerstancing +2 maces and I'm barely chipping away at their health.
I died to them 51 times before beating them so maybe I'm not the best, but I was 2-handing the homonculus mace and worked out a pretty good mace strategy.

Dodge the first attack, then get 3 mace hits in. Dodge the next attack, you will poise break him on the first mace hit but only go for 3 hits (even if you have endurance for more!) Stop and start regening stamina. After that stick with 2-hits unless you know you can poise break him, but he wont take much more. Once he's dead, back into the corner and wait for the 2nd sentinel.

Once the 2nd sentinel jumps up charge in and go for 2 hits, this is risky and if he does the double-swing afterwards you might not have stamina to dodge both attacks, I just hoped he doesn't (or misses me as the 2nd swing often does) because I need that extra hit. Dodge the 2nd sentinel's next attack and wait a moment to recharge your stamina. He'll still be 2 hits from poise break, so poise break him to prevent him from starting an attack and them hopefully get 2 more hits in, then roll off as the 3rd sentinel will jump up shortly.

That way the 2nd sentinel will be half-dead before you have to start fighting 2 of them. After that well, it's still a tough boss fight, they dodge and have other moves at their disposal you'll have to memorize, but it's a strong start to the fight.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Sanctum posted:

I died to them 51 times before beating them so maybe I'm not the best, but I was 2-handing the homonculus mace and worked out a pretty good mace strategy.

Dodge the first attack, then get 3 mace hits in. Dodge the next attack, you will poise break him on the first mace hit but only go for 3 hits (even if you have endurance for more!) Stop and start regening stamina. After that stick with 2-hits unless you know you can poise break him, but he wont take much more. Once he's dead, back into the corner and wait for the 2nd sentinel.

Once the 2nd sentinel jumps up charge in and go for 2 hits, this is risky and if he does the double-swing afterwards you might not have stamina to dodge both attacks, I just hoped he doesn't (or misses me as the 2nd swing often does) because I need that extra hit. Dodge the 2nd sentinel's next attack and wait a moment to recharge your stamina. He'll still be 2 hits from poise break, so poise break him to prevent him from starting an attack and them hopefully get 2 more hits in, then roll off as the 3rd sentinel will jump up shortly.

That way the 2nd sentinel will be half-dead before you have to start fighting 2 of them. After that well, it's still a tough boss fight, they dodge and have other moves at their disposal you'll have to memorize, but it's a strong start to the fight.

Nice advice, those fuckers are my next bossfight so I'll be keeping your tips in mind. Also, 'sup fellow Homo Mace buddy.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

CitrusFrog posted:

By load cap I meant the maximum weight you can equip without exceeding 40% (I think) of your load stat, the fatroll cutoff. Below that you're fast, above that you're slower, above 70% (I think) you're just hosed for rolling. Of course I'm completely spitballing these figures though, and I could likely be wrong about the percentages.

Nope, you are quite correct. Anything below 70 or at 70 you do a mid roll still. If you somehow manage to equip 70.1 percent, you do a fat roll. :v:

Course your rolls are slightly more longer when you are heavier compared to a 50% roll.

edit: It was fun co oping bosses. I do enjoy that your character's name is basically what you named it. So if you see Gutts running around with a greatsword two handed and no shield and knightarmor/beginingarms/legs.

That's me. :v:

Also

It's really fun seeing people dart for the ballista for the pursuer. I manage to mostly avoid getting hit but I have been friendly fired.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Apr 26, 2014

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

To me it felt like 0-70 mostly determined roll distance and then suddenly your roll becomes poo poo once you get to 70.1. :v:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Who is the NPC that lets you respec? I found the item related to it.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

With the weekend here, I really could do with that HDMI fix. It's an absolutely great port but they shouldn't have let that get past QA. It's such a ridiculous gently caress up and a glaringly obvious oversight. I know Namco has recently acknowledged the specific issue and has said a fix is on the way but why do I have a feeling it's going to take weeks instead of days?

Yeah, I want to play this on my TV. :smith: I was all hyped up and even bought an USB extension cord for my controller, so I wouldn't have to move my PC around.
At least it sounds like they know what the problem is, so there's hope for a fast fix.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Crimson Harvest posted:

Back to the treehouse. One of the one ladys (middle one) will let you respec.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
These gargoyles are giving me hell, I've successfully helped kill them a whole bunch of times as a white phantom but as soon as I try to do it, with help, I get walloped. Lightning really seems to hurt them, where can I get lightning spears? Or the ember for making things elemental? My Heide sword +4 is good but I have basically no range capacity.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Crimson Harvest posted:

One of the Firekeepers that made fun of you at the start of the game.

e:f,b

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Holy gently caress. I can't get out of the Soldier's Rest Bonfire. I get instantly gangbanged by 2 Ironclads and a Hollow Soldier. Is there anything interesting here? How do I get out?

Edit: I think I must have lost like 12k souls by now just running around and dying...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay anyone who's having trouble with fog doors being static, item sparkles being invisible and basically all sparkle/particle effects just not showing up, I managed to fix my problem by going to my graphics control panel and setting the card to 'performance' instead of 'quality' on my Nvidia anyway.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ignimbrite posted:

These gargoyles are giving me hell, I've successfully helped kill them a whole bunch of times as a white phantom but as soon as I try to do it, with help, I get walloped. Lightning really seems to hurt them, where can I get lightning spears? Or the ember for making things elemental? My Heide sword +4 is good but I have basically no range capacity.

If you keep going after clearing the pirate cove place you'll eventually run into a Heidi knight that drops a spear.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

So having never used the co-op/invasion stuff in DS1, this poo poo is blowing my mind. It is fun as gently caress, don't know why I skipped over it.

Just curious though, it seems like you should be doing it for souls - primarily since you can now despawn areas, so you're better off jumping into someone's game who might not have gotten there yet. But let's say two years down the line, are parts of the game going to get relaxed a bit (patches, nerfs, buffs?) so when there is the inevitable population drop, you can still playing it mostly solo? Or by that point is the game so thoroughly picked apart that if you can't do the MP parts, someone will have figured something out? (I came in very late into DkS1's life).

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Artificer posted:

Holy gently caress. I can't get out of the Soldier's Rest Bonfire. I get instantly gangbanged by 2 Ironclads and a Hollow Soldier. Is there anything interesting here? How do I get out?

Edit: I think I must have lost like 12k souls by now just running around and dying...

You could always just warp out. Or just make a run for the door, carefully rolling through the turtle's attacks. There's nothing really useful there for you right now or for any point in the game. In NG+ there's a catarina knight phantom that spawns there that you can get armor off of and the tree there can spawn tree giant seeds when you're invaded.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Apr 26, 2014

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Artificer posted:

That thing is a big fat trap. Nothing worthwhile there unless you really want the leather armor the hunter in DaS1 started with (It's poo poo).

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Artificer posted:

There's a few items, nothing earth-shattering. If you want to make the fight easier, you'll notice that the axe-wielding hollow soldier starts running almost as soon as you leave the bonfire, so just wait for him to come to you. You can then rush out and kill the archer, leaving you with the ironclads alone. As for getting out, you could just use the bonfire? Cardinal's Tower is a much more central location and you need to go there to get to the 2nd boss in the Forest.

Reposting my earlier question:

Gato posted:

Has anyone else had problems being summoned? I get put on a loading screen for 5-10 mins, then show up in an empty world before getting thrown back to my own with 'Disconnected from Multiplayer Session.' I don't think it's my internet because I can summon other people fine.
I just want to help people out/be human again/actually play instead of staring at loading screens...

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

That thing is a big fat trap. Nothing worthwhile there unless you really want the leather armor the hunter in DaS1 started with (It's poo poo).

Eh, its not so bad. Its actually better than the armor you start with since its lighter and has more resistance. Good if you're not really into spending so many points into Vitality

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Sober posted:

So having never used the co-op/invasion stuff in DS1, this poo poo is blowing my mind. It is fun as gently caress, don't know why I skipped over it.

Just curious though, it seems like you should be doing it for souls - primarily since you can now despawn areas, so you're better off jumping into someone's game who might not have gotten there yet. But let's say two years down the line, are parts of the game going to get relaxed a bit (patches, nerfs, buffs?) so when there is the inevitable population drop, you can still playing it mostly solo? Or by that point is the game so thoroughly picked apart that if you can't do the MP parts, someone will have figured something out? (I came in very late into DkS1's life).

Quick question - do you plan on completely clearing out every single area in the game over twelve times? If not, then you really don't have to worry about it. Also, there exists both NG+ and a mechanic to respawn npcs at a higher level, so you're never truly going to run out of stuff to fight.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

The Iron Rose posted:

So anyone have any advice for me wrt the Ruin Sentinels? Because even with three people they're kicking my rear end. I'm at SL52 powerstancing +2 maces and I'm barely chipping away at their health.

My solution was die a lot, ignore it and go do other stuff (like the dim ember for sexy weapon imbuing) that leveled me up. Then come back with a fire imbued Short Sword +6, grab a couple partners and spank 'em.

Still took several tries, so much poo poo can go wrong in that fight.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The Iron Rose posted:

You should be able to just spam your L2 move on one and keep him stunned. Might need the stone ring but that thing's so good I don't know why I'd ever take it off.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Dirk the Average posted:

Quick question - do you plan on completely clearing out every single area in the game over twelve times? If not, then you really don't have to worry about it. Also, there exists both NG+ and a mechanic to respawn npcs at a higher level, so you're never truly going to run out of stuff to fight.
It's only a dozen? I thought it was higher than that. I just actually die a lot :v:

Well, I meant it more like what is FromSoftware going to do if the mingleplayer component drops off a year later or so? Unless I get the wrong impression that summoning is a better way to farm/amass souls and tossing the Ascetic into the bonfire isn't that big of a deal.

The Iron Rose posted:

I came back later after leveling and had more agility so I could just dodge their attacks. +2 maces might not be enough unless power stance is a big deal, I had to bring a +5 longsword in to get anywhere.

You can solo the first of the three and then drop down and treat the other two like you're soloing O&S I guess.

Sober fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Apr 26, 2014

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Anyway of seeing how many souls you've lost and what your Soul Memory is?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I know some people are saying it's to help people make progress but the despawn feels like a punishment for dying more then anything. Sure eventually you'll have a straight shot at the bosses but you end up being under leveled/under equipped for them thanks to the loss of souls.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

The mirror knight was pretty disappointing, but thats probably because I summoned someone before fighting him. I summoned a guy named NoSwords, who, surprise, punched dudes with his fists. He distracted him while I hit him in the back. When he had a sliver of health left he finally started to try and summon someone but it didn't matter because he died in one more hit. :effort:

Also, alot of the end level bosses seem to be really easy compared to the mid bosses. I had alot more trouble with the 3 bronze golem things than I did the sinner for example.

edit: Just killed a crystal lizard on a bridge and its items fell through the bridge into the abyss. :argh:

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 26, 2014

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Artificer posted:

Anyway of seeing how many souls you've lost and what your Soul Memory is?

Not that I know of, and soul memory is in your stats screen. Top right I think, but use the help feature on ther to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Do you not get souls for killing invaders or something? That's two I've killed and nada.

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Apr 26, 2014