Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mao
Apr 18, 2007

Rei_ posted:

Well I assume that's a given. I noticed today flash doesn't break mez, so if we have someone doing CC is that a good combo?

I've been doing a lot of stone vigil and it's the first dungeon I've actually had problems in, where I can look at a wipe and say 'Yeah, that was probably my bad'. With pub groups it comes down to hoping I get heal-bombed in time as soon as a big pull happens. (All my armor is at my current level, specced for vitality, just gathered 45 AF gear.)

Like so far my strat for pulling has been tomahawk, overpower on the mobs, and then Butchers Block Combo, Fracture, Storms Path Combo, Butchers Block Combo x2, Overpower, Storms Path Combo, etc. I do the overpowers because inevitably the DPS isn't focusing on the same target and I'm trying to maintain aggro. If we have someone doing CC I use Flash instead now.

I've also been using Inner Beast and avoiding Unchained because I find the damage buff is hard to notice and it doesn't last that long.

Also with my own self-buffs, like Protect. Should I aim to have them up constantly or hold onto them incase things start to go bad, like healing starts falling behind?

Why do you have 'Protect' as a warrior? I assume you must mean something else, cause the only way you can have protect as a warrior is if you are actually a marauder. And, I don't think Marauder's can have Inner Beast? If you aren't a Warrior, go do your job quests and all that pronto.

Mix up your combos amongst the various mobs, like hit the first of your emnity chain on one, tab over to hit the second with the second etc. Helps a lot for keeping aggro. Also, looking up at the party display you'll see lil white bars next to each persons name. Your's should be full. That is how much hate everyone has on the mob you are targeting, so you can know which ones you are about to lose aggro on and need to hit more, and which ones you have time to ignore for a combo or two.

Also, if I find myself in a race for aggro on multiple mobs I will sometimes skip the storm's path combo and just go straight emnity chains. Or just do the first step into it for the damage buff.

Overpower is awesome for holding hate on multiple mobs. If you need too, just chain up a couple three overpowers in the beginning to get a good lead in hate, then just use your combos to stay ahead.

Another one is Berserk is good for giving you an initial burst of increased aggro. Pop Berzerk and go to town and it should give you enough initial hate to handle all but the most determined 'Blow all my cooldowns at once and shoot everything" bard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I meant foresight and thrill of battle and whatnot.

edit: And people are saying I should also have featherfoot?

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Apr 26, 2014

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Fozzie Bear posted:

Ok, have to rant.

I've been trying to down ultima hm for a couple weeks, so probably 5 or 6 attempts (yes, I am casual scum). Today I got in it and the other tank (warrior) was wearing all pvp gear, but w/e as long as people know the mechanics we can do it.

So he takes first rotation, I'm autoattacking and he can't keep hate off the dps and healers. I end up grabbing it, and get to 3 stacks and tell him to take aggro..he is attacking, but super low on the hate list. I actually stop my autoattack, and he is no where close to getting hate off me... I hit 5 stacks, die, ultima goes through the dps and healers and kills everyone (he was 5th on the enmity list).

So after the wipe, I ask him why he doesn't use provoke to grab him off me, he goes on and on about it not being a warrior skill, even tho people are pointing out that provoke is a cross class skill for warriors. The DPS want to try again, so we do, and wipe, and the group dissolves.

Fast forward 5 hours, I get back online once the kids are in bed, queue up, and get the same drat tank in my group. I ask him if he has provoke yet, and he says 'No, but I have flash so we are ok now'

I roll my eyes, dps wants to give it a go, so we try.. he spams flash until he is out of mp, doesn't grab any hate from the healers and we wipe fairly quickly.

luckily, we were able to boot him (after explaining the fight and why he needs provoke again), and got a goon tank to step in and help me get my first kill!

I thought I was a pretty bad tank, and am always scared of screwing up everything, but now I know I will never be the level 50 warrior tank who thinks flash is a good idea on a single target.

ok end rant!

Again, I say. This game is loving stupid for not giving Warriors their own taunt.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Fister Roboto posted:

This is very much a WOW-era MMO and I doubt you're ever going to see a jack-of-all-trades

WoW introduced Druid which is pretty much the baseline for jack-of-all-trades though

Everquest never had anything that could do literally every role well (granted, druid dps/tanking was a tad sub-par till TBC)

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

Doublestep posted:

WoW introduced Druid which is pretty much the baseline for jack-of-all-trades though

Everquest never had anything that could do literally every role well (granted, druid dps/tanking was a tad sub-par till TBC)

Not really, the Druid is basically 4 separate entirely different classes and not a jack-of-all trades at all.

(melee DPS that's sort of roguey, ranged /magic dps thats... weird I guess, healer that's based on HoTs, and a tank based on being a loving bear).

It's not like you can go into one battle and switch between those 4 things, you are specced to one of the 4, you could switch between 2 of them between battles if you have the gear and the setups though I suppose, but you can do the same thing in FFXIV with say a Paladin and a White Mage since one character can be all classes.

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!

Rei_ posted:

Stone Vigil

Stone Vigil is a dungeon that requires a lot of corner awareness. The patrolling Dragon Aevis can and will sneak up on you and wreck you if you're not careful. If you're going after a mob group that's in front of a blind corner, best practice is to tell your party to hang back a bit so you can pull the group back in the direction you came from. Brutal Swing is absolutely necessary to use when they do their Electric Vetsomethingorother attack.

Rei_ posted:

I've also been using Inner Beast and avoiding Unchained because I find the damage buff is hard to notice and it doesn't last that long.

Also with my own self-buffs, like Protect. Should I aim to have them up constantly or hold onto them incase things start to go bad, like healing starts falling behind?

Unchained is actually really nice against the beefier enemies like the Dragon Aevis. Inner Beast is okay for a shot of burst damage if it's vital at that time, but the 20-second penalty-nullification should be more than enough to let off a Butcher's Block and a Storm's Path combo. The added damage, along with the extra bonus from Maim, helps out quite a bit if something needs to die very quickly. It might not seem like it, but that 35% can make a huge difference.

Your self-buffs have a relatively short uptime, so save those until you need them. As far as I know, Convalescence affects both Bloodthirsty and Thrill of Battle, so you should use it with those. Bloodthirsty is really nice for groups of mobs that might need to be Overpowered, because a group that large is probably going to be swinging at you quite a lot, and the healing from all of those Overpower hits is preeetty nice. Thrill of Battle is good for bosses, or times when your healer is preoccupied with a different party member(Stone Vigil again, Chudo Yudo's Swinge or Igsebind's ice breath, if you happen to get caught in those).

Astro Creep fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Apr 26, 2014

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

goldjas posted:

Not really, the Druid is basically 4 separate entirely different classes and not a jack-of-all trades at all.

(melee DPS that's sort of roguey, ranged /magic dps thats... weird I guess, healer that's based on HoTs, and a tank based on being a loving bear).

It's not like you can go into one battle and switch between those 4 things, you are specced to one of the 4, you could switch between 2 of them between battles if you have the gear and the setups though I suppose, but you can do the same thing in FFXIV with say a Paladin and a White Mage since one character can be all classes.

Prior to... MoP? It was three. Check the name, baby. Hybrid Feral FTW.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Boten Anna posted:

i did, the healer sucked and didn't pull their weight to the point where it was impossible to carry them myself, why does this bother you so much?
I think I've done SR with you before and definitely had you in roulette once, your tanking's fine, he's just being an rear end in a top hat.

I've only ever done it as dps but I've had strange situations happen before like the BLM complementing me on foe requiem :psyduck: because other bards couldn't be bothered with it sometimes apparently?

I do like the dungeon a lot, nothing feels like a hp sponge, and you can even shorten the last boss fight if your dps is good and you use the lb on time.

edit: Hardflox does tend to highlight the players that don't know what they're doing though. I had a healer that told us to wait for regen to wear off before pulls when he could have just not cast it in the first place. I manually cancel it and told the tank he could do the same, he thanked me and then proceeded to pull with regen up. The healer kept casting it right after fights too.

Algid fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Apr 26, 2014

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
When I send my retainers out on Quick Ventures I like to imagine that what I am actually doing is sending them out to commit crimes in my name. Usually they come back with entire roofs of houses or massive palm trees which they must have stolen from somewhere, or a lot of the time it's also those beaten up craftable gear items which probably come from murder victims.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Yeah, when tanking you have to tab through enemies and spread out your enmity combos. Storm's Path/Storm's eye don't build as much enmity as butcher's block by any means, but they are drat handy to throw out once you have a little bit extra.

Also, that warrior that had no enmity on Ultima was probably also because he didn't have defiance on. I'll still be near the top if not #2 in any swap battle just using storm's path/eye combos with defiance on.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

Not really, no. This is very much a WOW-era MMO and I doubt you're ever going to see a jack-of-all-trades (read: can do everything but poorly) class. Every class in the game excels at a single role, because it's easier to design things around that and it's just straight up more fun for the majority of players. If they ever do implement red mages, I can almost guarantee it's going to be either a full healer or full DPS with red mage flavor, rather than a half healer and half DPS. Because why would you bring along a RDM who does significantly less DPS than a MNK when you can just bring a MNK to do the same job but better?

Hybrid DPS/Healer is very much a thing in WoW actually :v: I can totally see RDM being a half-and-half deal, especially considering all the talk of a fourth spec and BRDs being in the game. Hell, I'm already DPSing half the time as a Scholar.

Ryanbomber fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 26, 2014

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
If you're looking for a versatile caster class, definitely try Scholar.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Again, I say. This game is loving stupid for not giving Warriors their own taunt.

It's purposeless to give them one though, because cross class skills is an actual thing in this game. The entire point behind the system is to enhance your current class by taking advantage of effort you've put into the other classes. Level 22 on a Paladin should be nearly meaningless for a serious Warrior, that's only a couple hours of work at worst.

You are given a massive amount of time to take care of this, too, as tank swapping is not really going to become a serious thing until you've finished the MSQ and are past Praetorium. After that, though, things start getting harder and more optimization of your character is required. Frankly at that point you have no excuse for not taking advantage of any system the game gives you to help meet challenges like rapid tank swapping.

This:

Fozzie Bear posted:

So after the wipe, I ask him why he doesn't use provoke to grab him off me, he goes on and on about it not being a warrior skill, even tho people are pointing out that provoke is a cross class skill for warriors. The DPS want to try again, so we do, and wipe, and the group dissolves.

Is just a bad, lazy player. You can Play The Game Your Way for a bunch of this game but you can't do it in an 8-man, hard mode instance, not this or any of the other dozen places where tank swapping is a thing. You will just be wasting 7 other people's time.

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.

Meiteron posted:

It's purposeless to give them one though, because cross class skills is an actual thing in this game.

There is precedent with Raise/Resurrection. Not giving Warriors a 100% required tanking skill is asinine.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Ryanbomber posted:

Hybrid DPS/Healer is very much a thing in WoW actually :v: I can totally see RDM being a half-and-half deal, especially considering all the talk of a fourth spec and BRDs being in the game. Hell, I'm already DPSing half the time as a Scholar.

I was thinking about this recently, actually.

If Red Mage came off of Gladiator (GLD30/THM15) as we all know it should, then what if the PLD enmity combo had its enmity+ removed and every time you finished the combo it would grant you a stacking buff like Aetherflow. You could then spend the stacks on damage or healing, like say an ability that consumes one stack to deal a 250 potency hit, or consumes one stack for a 550 potency heal, or three stacks for a 300 potency area heal or something.

You'd be forced to keep DPS'ing in order to continue to have stacks to keep healing with. Unused stacks could be used to further your damage. Could even give them a trait that lets them calculate sword/physical damage using INT in place of STR. If they took cross classes from THM and CNJ they'd have Cure/Raise/Protect/Aero/Blizz II and stuff too. And all the Gladiator defensive cooldowns would suit a frontline healer very well.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

SwissArmyDruid posted:

No it's not. Warriors can use provoke at 15 when cross-classed. Paladins get to eat a dick in any dungeon capped below 23, trying to keep threat off of some Atma-wielding DD doing a book in Sastasha.

Varance fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 26, 2014

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Speaking of bad pubbies, I had a really horrible group in Totorak last night. I was healing, we had two archers as DPS, and a MRD for tanking. I'd give the story but its not terribly interesting, other than the fact that one of the archers in the group told me to shut the gently caress up (because I have obviously never played ARC/BRD before when I'm level 50 in that job) when I told him to stop using quick nock on targets the tank hasn't had much time to get aggro on, and him giving really bad advice for the final boss.

I think healing is one of the most awful jobs sometime. No one wants to listen to their advice, even if they've ran the dungeon a ton of times, compared to everyone else in the group who has never run it. :suicide:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

DarkstarIV posted:

Speaking of bad pubbies, I had a really horrible group in Totorak last night. I was healing, we had two archers as DPS, and a MRD for tanking. I'd give the story but its not terribly interesting, other than the fact that one of the archers in the group told me to shut the gently caress up (because I have obviously never played ARC/BRD before when I'm level 50 in that job) when I told him to stop using quick nock on targets the tank hasn't had much time to get aggro on, and him giving really bad advice for the final boss.

I think healing is one of the most awful jobs sometime. No one wants to listen to their advice, even if they've ran the dungeon a ton of times, compared to everyone else in the group who has never run it. :suicide:

This is why I hate that roulette gives me Stone Vigil everyday.

WHY AREN'T YOU HEALING ME :rant:
I'm not healing you because you aren't picking up aggro at all or using defense procs leading you to drop in 3 hits from trash. It's the same story every day :negative:

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I was thinking about this recently, actually.

If Red Mage came off of Gladiator (GLD30/THM15) as we all know it should, then what if the PLD enmity combo had its enmity+ removed and every time you finished the combo it would grant you a stacking buff like Aetherflow. You could then spend the stacks on damage or healing, like say an ability that consumes one stack to deal a 250 potency hit, or consumes one stack for a 550 potency heal, or three stacks for a 300 potency area heal or something.

You'd be forced to keep DPS'ing in order to continue to have stacks to keep healing with. Unused stacks could be used to further your damage. Could even give them a trait that lets them calculate sword/physical damage using INT in place of STR. If they took cross classes from THM and CNJ they'd have Cure/Raise/Protect/Aero/Blizz II and stuff too. And all the Gladiator defensive cooldowns would suit a frontline healer very well.

No.

GLA30/THM15 will most likely be Dark Knight based off of comments made by Yoshi-P. Gladiator class skills are not conducive to any sort of "mage" class, even a hybrid like RDM, not to mention the whole heavy armor aspect of Gladiator as well.

Red Mage will probably spin off an entirely new class that uses light swords (think epees or rapiers) that imbue their attacks with magic (enfire, enstone) and can cross class spells from Thaumaturge and Arcanist.

Exponential Decay
Sep 10, 2009

i bound fire to q

DapperDuck posted:

There is precedent with Raise/Resurrection. Not giving Warriors a 100% required tanking skill is asinine.

You can't use "raise" to revive someone during battle without the conjurer trait. This is also why "resurrection" isn't a cross-classable skill.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So Yoshi-P had a live letter last night I guess (on Nico).

Things to note:

quote:

- Gun and Dagger class/jobs were both confirmed and coming sooner than people think. Apparently soon after 2.3. (He said we are saving this info for E3-Announcements, looking forward to June 10th!)

- The gun class isn't what people are expecting it to be.

- Frontlines are aiming to be in 2.3! (They made it seem like it was an 8v8v8, not confirmed though)

- Yoshi said Summoners will be getting Leviathan AND Ramuh pets, no mentioned when they would arrive.

- Black Mage buffs and Summoner pet rebalancing to make others useful coming.

- Yugiri's face was apparently shown to Nakamura, who gasped. No images as of yet.

- Gold Saucer will be BIG. He wants the games to encompass more than just playing with friends. (Hints at match making and chocobo races.)

- Personal rooms for your FC housing mentioned again. He said it would be like a mog house from ff11 with decorating.

- The new 2.3 Dungeon will be outside, and deal with water, supposedly in La noscea.

- Crafters are getting something to do with salv- (He was cut off, people thought it was salvage, but he claims that he wasn't going to say salvage.)

- Phantasia Potions for sale in May!

This is from Reddit, so take it with a grain of salt. However if it is true, I hope Square opens up crafting the new equipment required for these classes a bit early, otherwise I have a feeling gearing them up will be extremely expensive.

If you understand Japanese, I included a link to the video below.
http://polsy.org.uk/play/nico/?vidid=&vurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nicovideo.jp%2Fwatch%2Fsm23411358

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 26, 2014

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

That's disappointing

quote:

- Yugiri's face was apparently shown to Nakamura, who gasped. No images as of yet.

It's Lightning

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Finally! Fantasia!!! Best live-letter ever

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

quote:

- Yoshi said Summoners will be getting Leviathan AND Ramuh pets, no mentioned when they would arrive.

- Black Mage buffs and Summoner pet rebalancing to make others useful coming.

Yessssssssssss

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 18 minutes!

sassassin posted:

That's disappointing

Scholars are actually murder wizards who summon the power of fairy magic to keep their armies alive and whose relic is, in fact, the accumulated history of violence of their entire people. Rather than some effete academic type like some people thought they would be before getting to the story quests, they turned out to be tactical warriors. They've done pretty good at giving classes a spin as far as I'm concerned.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I think red mage could fit in well as a healer or support role if it worked like a chloromancer from Rift. Chloro was incredibly fun and I'd play the hell out of red mage if it wound up like it. Do pretty okay damage, and heal the party through that damage, but have a direct healing toolkit that's limited to a few inefficient spells with short (but present) cooldowns. Give red mage light swords and have their offensive abilities be a mix of melee and short-range magic. It would be a bit like a cleric stance scholar with an Eos that gets more potent the better your damage and rotation.

sassassin posted:

That's disappointing

Gun class doesn't use guns, you heard it here first folks.

quote:

Obviously she's just going to be a pangolin with big ol' anime eyes.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Yugiri's face is actually Yoshi-P's face.

As for the gun class, I think the pirate boss in Pharos Sirius would be the best example of what that class will likely play like--he seemed kind of "Tank" like to me, personally, but it's hard to say for sure. Wither way, he uses sword and gun--now if they specified it was a class, then perhaps you'd start out as a gunner (buccaneer?) and then transition into something else? It sort of looks and feels like a proper "Job" class though.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

DapperDuck posted:

Raise/Rrsurrection are given at different levels and Raise isn't combat ready until 16 levels after you get it. I feel like its a conscious choice to split Raise like that so it feels different on each class whereas Provoke is identical?

Sorry, my original point got invalidated by further research, this post sucks

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 26, 2014

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Kettlepip posted:

Nah, there are archers and bards running around and jumping because it's fun to do and because we can. gently caress you, still standers.

This is now a few pages old because the thread's been on a tear, but this was the biggest difference I noticed when I started levelling ARC for my cross-class skills. It was so liberating compared to Lord Mage Stickyfeet.

I now need to go roll a character with that name.

seannykun posted:

Might not be around TOO much today, my mother and sister are coming over in a few hours and I eventually need to go to sleep, but I'm generally on during the early to late mornings in my time zone (CST).

This is often when I'm on and as someone who only just made 50 I'd be happy to help you get through some dungeons. Same name in game.

Coughing Hobo posted:

Nope, quick exploration pulls from a loot table that has almost every item in the game.

I thought higher level increased your odds of better stuff from that table?

Fister Roboto posted:

Not really, no. This is very much a WOW-era MMO and I doubt you're ever going to see a jack-of-all-trades (read: can do everything but poorly) class. Every class in the game excels at a single role, because it's easier to design things around that and it's just straight up more fun for the majority of players. If they ever do implement red mages, I can almost guarantee it's going to be either a full healer or full DPS with red mage flavor, rather than a half healer and half DPS. Because why would you bring along a RDM who does significantly less DPS than a MNK when you can just bring a MNK to do the same job but better?

I think a RDM would work as follows:
- sword attacker, strength based damage. Gets off-GCD cool downs which provide self-protection rather than mid-heavy armor like a DRG
- spells and / or TP abilities which produce the astral / umbral stacking damage buff / recharge buff (fire sword, ice shield) perhaps focused on using MP to buff TP recharge (thunder charge, MP action which does DOT and is drained into TP)
- some cross class healing / defense like protect, cure 2 or Medica for emergency heals, or some unique and powerful but long-cool down group shield-type spell.

This gives it a unique role, I think, a good melee damage dealer with some group buffs and a unique mechanic for maxing the rotation and self-protection.

E: I was stewing on this one overnight and didn't see some of the newer posts. Light sword like a rapier would fit perfectly in this, I wasn't seeing it as being based off the GLD class anyways. If it was a light sword maybe would be dex based attacks rather than str, but otherwise doesn't change my straw man.

Kalenn Istarion fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 26, 2014

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
Whoever CaraLuna in IRC was, please come back and wait more than 30 seconds for me to respond

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

quote:

Basically this but with XIV characters:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Yugiri is gonna be Aeris. Excuse me, Aerith.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Yugiri is gonna be Aeris. Excuse me, Aerith.

With cat ears. Oh god, it's the harbinger.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Man, all I wanted to do was two hand a bolt-action rifle in a final fantasy MMO.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Meldonox posted:

I think red mage could fit in well as a healer or support role if it worked like a chloromancer from Rift. Chloro was incredibly fun and I'd play the hell out of red mage if it wound up like it. Do pretty okay damage, and heal the party through that damage, but have a direct healing toolkit that's limited to a few inefficient spells with short (but present) cooldowns. Give red mage light swords and have their offensive abilities be a mix of melee and short-range magic. It would be a bit like a cleric stance scholar with an Eos that gets more potent the better your damage and rotation.

Thank you, I'm glad someone agrees with me.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

I'm just glad we finally got confirmation on a gun class! Finally, that guy who has been standing around waiting for a background check at that desk for months will finally get his boomstick.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Dominic White posted:

I'm just glad we finally got confirmation on a gun class! Finally, that guy who has been standing around waiting for a background check at that desk for months will finally get his boomstick.

Nope, he's gonna be denied and the class storyline will be tracking him down after he buys a gun on the black market and goes on a shooting spree in the middle of Limsa Lominsa.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
It kind of feels like Red Mage and Blue Mage are going to wind up coming from the same base class at this point, since they only really make sense in the melee framework. Some kind of Spellsword (Mystic Knight homage?) base class, maybe?

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

quote:

Hmm, if not Corsair... FFT Chemist? Orator? Mechanist? or... :allears: Sky Pirate? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

quote:

- Gun and Dagger class/jobs were both confirmed and coming sooner than people think. Apparently soon after 2.3.

You know, I didn't really think about this, but I guess this is incentive for me to rush to get all my DoH classes up so I can enjoy being equipped with stuff I make myself. I know 2.3 is probably a fair ways away, but I already converted most of my leveling gear to exploit the silly materia spending spree that hit this week. Does anybody want to help me make a few hundred HQ leve items? :v:

Kyrosiris posted:

Thank you, I'm glad someone agrees with me.

Chlorobros know what's up. Getting numbers purely for numbers' sake has never really held my interest, but healing-through-damage is a fun change of pace after years of healing in traditional healbot style.

• Locked thread