Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Christ we play some tedious football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
As it currently stands, 12 mins until Ipswich exit the play off race.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Birmingham will lose today against Leeds. Luckily, Blackpool are playing Wigan away so no relegation. Yet

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Looks like Blackburn has got 6th place sewn up :smug:

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

If Blackpool score and these results stand the last day of the season is going to be loving amazing

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Birmingham will lose today against Leeds. Luckily, Blackpool are playing Wigan away so no relegation. Yet

Well, gently caress that. And gently caress Lee Clark too

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
2-0 down at home against Blackpool. Shameful.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

simeon jackson is a loving piece of poo poo

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

SCOTT MALONE YOU PIKEY LEGEND

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

The last half hour of this game has knocked a good 6 months off my life.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Is there a League 1 thread

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

expected a point, ended up with a point eventually, the blackpool result is lovely but w/e. donny have leicester away, we have bournemouth at home, and birmingham might be in the mix too i guess, so i feel good about our chances.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

we are gonna gently caress leicester right up next week

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

thehappyprince posted:

we are gonna gently caress leicester right up next week
you're gonna get it right up the arse m8 we all hate the donnies

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Gutted, at least Forest haven't got anything to play for on the last day and we can catch Reading or even possibly Wigan now, all seems very unlikely though.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Chris de Sperg posted:

you're gonna get it right up the arse m8 we all hate the donnies

no no. this is wrong

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Is there a League 1 thread

I'll see you in there unless we can either beat Leicester (how hard can it be, they only have 99 points!) or Brummies manage to lose both their remaining games. :negative:

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

leicester don't even have anything to play for. i'd put the under 14's in if i were them

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I believe there is a Leeds fan in this thread who owes £10 to a charity of my choice.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

monkeytennis posted:

I'll see you in there unless we can either beat Leicester (how hard can it be, they only have 99 points!) or Brummies manage to lose both their remaining games. :negative:

Blues are semi-decent away, so we might get a result from the final game of the season. Next game is home against Wigan though so that is a nailed on loss

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
I'm torn because seeing a win at home would be good, but Brum winning and sending Blackpool down would be hilarious!

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

ForeverBWFC posted:

I'm torn because seeing a win at home would be good, but Brum winning and sending Blackpool down would be hilarious!

hopefully brum stay up so they can rekindle their rivalry with villa

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I believe there is a Leeds fan in this thread who owes £10 to a charity of my choice.

is there

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I've no money in my bank until thursday so I will do it then

sigh

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I've no money in my bank until thursday so I will do it then

sigh

Tell me exactly what you are going to do.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Tell me exactly what you are going to do.

I will give my ten squids to the charity of your choice, which I assume you will provide a link to when you've decided which charity that will be, if you haven't already (lol) . I will screenshot the confirmation email with personal details removed to prove I did this, but my PayPal account will have zero funds until Thursday so a little patience at this difficult time would be appreciated. Thank u.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I will give my ten squids to the charity of your choice, which I assume you will provide a link to when you've decided which charity that will be, if you haven't already (lol) . I will screenshot the confirmation email with personal details removed to prove I did this, but my PayPal account will have zero funds until Thursday so a little patience at this difficult time would be appreciated. Thank u.

You don't have to post screenshots for my benefit if you say you've done it that's good enough for me - it only became necessary last time because the last Leeds to make this foolish bet posted that they wouldn't pay up initially.

There's no rush, the need for charity isn't going to disappear any time soon.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Pissflaps posted:

2 real flaps. 2 real

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Well I just remembered that the Dingles have been busted down to L1 so at least that's something.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

Plot twist: the charity is Leeds United.

In playoff talk, I hope we (QPR) end up playing Reading because I'm most scared of Wigan. Derby can beat Wigan and then we'll have a nice Harry vs. Steve final.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I'm looking forward to a nice day out at Wembley right up until we concede stupidly and gently caress it all up.

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp

Corrode posted:

I'm looking forward to a nice day out at Wembley right up until we concede stupidly and gently caress it all up.

I still have nightmares about the Millennium Stadium. That was the lowest day of my life after the high of the Oldham match in the semi.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SoylentCola posted:

I still have nightmares about the Millennium Stadium. That was the lowest day of my life after the high of the Oldham match in the semi.
Nah, not the lowest day by any means. It was disappointing, sure, and the coach home was like a funeral, but looking back it was a good day out and at least we got to run away quickly instead of having the Cardiff fans all waiting outside to stab us.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Agreed. That Oldham match is still my favourite match. I barely remember the actual game but the atmosphere was the best thing I've ever experienced, I don't think we sat down once. Then we went to Cardiff and that game happened.

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp

Tunga posted:

Nah, not the lowest day by any means. It was disappointing, sure, and the coach home was like a funeral, but looking back it was a good day out and at least we got to run away quickly instead of having the Cardiff fans all waiting outside to stab us.

I had to walk back to the train station past Cardiff's finest.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

quote:

On Tuesday, Blues take on Wigan Athletic in their game in hand.

And, in fact, they could actually clinch their second tier status if they beat the Latics and Charlton Athletic lose at home to Watford on the same night in their extra game.

That’s because Charlton go to Blackpool on the last day and Blues goal difference is significantly better than both of theirs.

That, of course, is easier said than done as Blues have not won in the league at St Andrew’s for 17 games now - a record at this level.

And their four-game losing streak is the worst sequence since the winter of the 2005-06 Premier League relegation campaign.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game

Please do better.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Wigan have scored within 3 minutes. I like this already.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Haha gently caress off Birmingham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Well, that's relegation then

• Locked thread