Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Jose posted:

van Gaal is going to be a trainwreck and it will be really funny to watch if it happens

This. A thousand times this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

SAF has come out and said that Giggs deserves to be given the full time manager job.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/26/alex-ferguson-ryan-giggs-manchester-united-manager

This is going to amazing.

loving hell it's Christmas

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Dudley posted:

Well we tried Scotland, let's give Wales a go.

Welsh managers are in style this season

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Concerned Citizen posted:

looking at previous tottenham point totals, it doesn't really seem like they're doing that poorly. if they win their final 3 matches they'll finish with a higher point total than they did when they made it into the champion's league

Reminder they had their highest points total in the premier league ever when they sacked AVB

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Jose posted:

Reminder they had their highest points total in the premier league ever when they sacked AVB

AVB didn't know his way around the place for fucks sake

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Someone do a MDT. I did the last one.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Sagna has apparently signed a 4 year contract with Fenerbache

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Sell Man United to Beckham, rebrand them the Miami Devils and hire Lebron James as player/manager. Everyone's a winner

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Van Gaal looks a bit like a comedy sketch character but he's won a title with four different teams and Holland bossed their world cup qualification, I don't know why people are saying it would be a trainwreck.

It might be a mess like Mourinho at Madrid was a mess, but he still won stuff.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

euroboy posted:

Apparently Van Gaal is close to being appointed new United boss, with Kluivert as his assistant.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/buitenlands/22554302/__VAN_GAAL_NAAR_MAN.UNITED__.html

:getin:

This is gonna be glorious.

Hey United fans, remember that Barca & Pep football you're always complaining about? You're gonna get a version of it with all the negatives and none of the positives, in addition to a total nutjob of a manager.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Can't wait for the van Gaal vs Mourinho mind games.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

vyelkin posted:

I hope they go through the entire class of 92 and all "fergie's fledglings" one by one and United get progressively lower and lower in the league until they finally get relegated and go bankrupt under Beckham and Fergie cries himself to sleep in a pool of whisky.

My favourite thing about United this season is how their fans have been laying into liverpool for years for living off past glories, and they lasted about a month before starting to do it themselves.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euroboy posted:

A bit sad to see him go.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Hoops posted:

Van Gaal looks a bit like a comedy sketch character but he's won a title with four different teams and Holland bossed their world cup qualification, I don't know why people are saying it would be a trainwreck.

Because just because there's no real evidence for something, it doesn't mean it's not a scientific fact.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Digital Jesus posted:

Can't wait for the van Gaal vs Mourinho mind games.

mind games? they're literally going to yell at each other and then wrestle on the touch lines its going to be brilliant

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
By the way, Ottmar Hitzfeld said this in an interview yesterday: "I definitely won't be managing a club again even though Manchester United have just asked me."

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

euroboy posted:

Hope this is true.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

SAF has come out and said that Giggs deserves to be given the full time manager job.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/26/alex-ferguson-ryan-giggs-manchester-united-manager

This is going to amazing.

Ferguson has a fantastic track record of picking managers and United should do what he says.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

MDT come onnnnnn

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Modus Trollens posted:

mind games? they're literally going to yell at each other and then wrestle on the touch lines its going to be brilliant

mental games

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Holy gently caress that was quick

e: Sorry, this wasn't the MDT

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

euroboy posted:

At least he isn't going to City :smith:

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
Edit: Woops. Uh LVG for United confirmed?

OoohU fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Apr 26, 2014

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
maybe United will swap out "The Chosen One" banner with "Giggs will tear you apart again" to cover a few different eventualities

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

funkybottoms posted:

maybe United will swap out "The Chosen One" banner with "Giggs will tear your wife apart again" to cover a few different eventualities

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

8bitlawd posted:

Edit: Woops. Uh LVG for United confirmed?

The Dutch journalist they spoke to on 5Live said that they'd originally spoken to van Gaal two weeks ago, and he'd told them that he wouldn't discuss a role where there was already a manager under contract. So they fired Moyes a couple of days later. He also said that the deal was now basically done.

Of course, all Dutchmen are shifty liars from birth, so make of that what you will.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Of course, all Dutchmen are shifty liars from birth, so make of that what you will.

Ryan Giggs secret dutch passport found

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Rodgers not falling for Mou mindgames

quote:

"I don’t think Chelsea will play the kids because they never have done," Rodgers told the ECHO.

"As a football club they have a wonderful academy there but young players don’t get the opportunity there. That’s one thing you can rule out – there certainly won’t be kids playing."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-brendan-rodgers-not-7035424

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Cesc is coming home.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

Cesc is coming home.

I don't get this rumor at all

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

not not luvd posted:

Cesc is coming home.

Unless he plays false 9 again (lol) he isn't going to get in the squad tbh

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wenger is getting hot and bothered at the prospect of this lineup:

code:

Cesc
Cazorla.     Ozil      Wilshere

Oxcham   Flamini

Rosicky   Arteta.  Kallstrom Ramsey

An entire side of central midfielders :allears:

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Does matter much if Mourinho plays a weaker side or not, Liverpool are playing their best team either way. There's 3 games to go and nothing to rest anyone for, even the yellow cards have been wiped now. Rodger's midfield tactics are restricted a bit by not having Henderson available so the side would be the same going against any Chelsea XI at this point.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

not not luvd posted:

Cesc is coming home.

Manchester is home?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hoops posted:

Does matter much if Mourinho plays a weaker side or not, Liverpool are playing their best team either way. There's 3 games to go and nothing to rest anyone for, even the yellow cards have been wiped now. Rodger's midfield tactics are restricted a bit by not having Henderson available so the side would be the same going against any Chelsea XI at this point.

There was never any way that Rogers was a playing anything less than his best available team.

Mourinho is just getting his excuses in early in case they loose.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Quite liked Rogers dig about Chelsea ruining young footballers.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Haha gently caress me, I like to imgaine he walking over and hi fiving a smiling Sturridge right after he says that.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The Telegraph are saying, without quotes of course, that United's next manager will be told to win the league next season.

There's also some choice quotes from Rooney in there saying he wants Giggs to be the permanent manager. Do it, Glazers. You know you want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

vyelkin posted:

The Telegraph are saying, without quotes of course, that United's next manager will be told to win the league next season.

There's also some choice quotes from Rooney in there saying he wants Giggs to be the permanent manager. Do it, Glazers. You know you want to.

Those quotes arent Rooney saying he wants Giggs to be manager, its him answering in a completely neutral way.

• Locked thread