Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I like the idea of giving Nick a Grimm apprentice. It's close to 4 years since he learned and he's taken on almost every variety of Wessen that exist plus even ones Monroe thought were fictional. It's time to pass on some of that knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007

pentyne posted:

I like the idea of giving Nick a Grimm apprentice. It's close to 4 years since he learned and he's taken on almost every variety of Wessen that exist plus even ones Monroe thought were fictional. It's time to pass on some of that knowledge.

I like the actress they chose, too. She looks as though she could be Nick's little sister.:3: I'm betting on her playing a role in stopping Adalind's scheme since Adalind doesn't have her blood inside her.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

pentyne posted:

Other than that really corny last line, I liked her. I hope she sticks around for a bit, at least.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I kinda wish they had told Adalind about what really happened, the chances of her finding Nick's mother is probably a lot smaller than her doing something bad, like contacting the royals. I like Trubel, and that they are making the story last more than a single episode.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Blazing Ownager posted:

Other than that really corny last line, I liked her. I hope she sticks around for a bit, at least.
The show could use more corniness

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
I liked the actress, I liked the way they introduced her, but gently caress coherency with "he has a Grimm working with him." Remember, this is what Renard used as a trump card, "I have a Grimm." Well, there is another. So do you have a working Grimm? A trained Grimm? The show's writers need to button things down.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

"Adalind is asleep, do you want to talk to her?"

"I don't"

Oh Hank, what would the show be like if it didn't have this campy humour :allears:

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

EgillSkallagrimsson posted:

I like the actress they chose, too. She looks as though she could be Nick's little sister.:3: I'm betting on her playing a role in stopping Adalind's scheme since Adalind doesn't have her blood inside her.

I kind of hope Adeline gets away with it. I mean, really, what did they expect? They stole her loving baby. Any half way decent mother would go ape poo poo and do anything to try to find her child. I can't imagine anything worse or more cruel they could have done to her.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

KilGrey posted:

I kind of hope Adeline gets away with it. I mean, really, what did they expect? They stole her loving baby. Any half way decent mother would go ape poo poo and do anything to try to find her child. I can't imagine anything worse or more cruel they could have done to her.

I see where you're coming from, but there's no way she can get away with depowering the MAIN CHARACTER.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

KilGrey posted:

I wonder if the Royals would have allowed Adalind to be near her child while she grew up in the castle.

I wonder if a better choice would have been to let Adalind, Nick's mother, and the baby travel together. At least that way, they'd have dual protection over the baby and themselves.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Ravane posted:

I wonder if the Royals would have allowed Adalind to be near her child while she grew up in the castle.

I wonder if a better choice would have been to let Adalind, Nick's mother, and the baby travel together. At least that way, they'd have dual protection over the baby and themselves.

I don't think Adalind could keep up.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Some Numbers posted:

I see where you're coming from, but there's no way she can get away with depowering the MAIN CHARACTER.

I can see that, but I hope they thwart her in a way that doesn't make her look evil. What got me most was how surprised everyone was when she showed up asking for help. Like it never crossed their minds a mother losing her child would be upsetting. Man...when she finds out they've all been lying to her and they were the ones who took her baby there is going to be hell to pay.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

JD Bucks 7 posted:

I liked the actress, I liked the way they introduced her, but gently caress coherency with "he has a Grimm working with him." Remember, this is what Renard used as a trump card, "I have a Grimm." Well, there is another. So do you have a working Grimm? A trained Grimm? The show's writers need to button things down.

By that point when Renard was mentioning it Nick had already proven himself against a variety of Wessen. Plus, just saying "Grimm" seems to spook most civilian Wessen. Trained killers like the reapers and guys with the long hair they had to cut don't give a gently caress.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I'm just afraid this new Grimm is going to go the path of all shows like this where either she goes off on her own too early because Nick is too slow, nice, etc and gets messed up, or she's going to go evil Grimm like some of the others because wessen need to die. The character is way too jumpy/edgy for this to be anything other than ending badly for Nick.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Some Numbers posted:

Nick will just need to kill and eat Trubel to get them back, just like Adelind's ritual

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JD Bucks 7 posted:

This doesn't really make sense to me because clearly even the 'untrained' Grimm was clearly able to hold her own against several types of Wesen despite not knowing that she was actually a Grimm.

When Renard said that he had a Grimm, it meant that he had one that was somewhat under his control as the police chief and he was able to keep tabs on him before Nick knew that Renard was Wesen/Royal/Resistance. Grimms have been known to work for the Royal Family as enforcers and, as Nick's mother has shown, the Resistance also uses Grimms for their own purposes.

So I'm really not sure what you are complaining about in this comment.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011
What ever happened to zombie powers anyways? That just kind of dropped off the radar.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Merlinicus posted:

What ever happened to zombie powers anyways? That just kind of dropped off the radar.

Maybe that's what'll save him from Adalind? He's part zombie so her de-Grimming BS won't work?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Merlinicus posted:

There have been a few times when Nick has appeared to dead but wasn't.

I actually like it that the writers don't use all his powers all the time and that they only come in handy occasionally. Like his super hearing picking up the assassins at Renards place.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I'm just afraid this new Grimm is going to go the path of all shows like this where either she goes off on her own too early because Nick is too slow, nice, etc and gets messed up, or she's going to go evil Grimm like some of the others because wessen need to die. The character is way too jumpy/edgy for this to be anything other than ending badly for Nick.

I'm expecting this too, her character just seems perfect for this kind of setup. And it sucks, I hate when stories do that. :smith:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Silas Weir Mitchell did an AMA on r/grimm, nothing major told but i figure someone else might like to read it : http://www.reddit.com/r/grimm/comments/242ihz/silas_weir_mitchell_here_ama/

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Some Numbers posted:

Maybe that's what'll save him from Adalind? He's part zombie so her de-Grimming BS won't work?

Who says she'll de-Grimm him? She's more likely to use his blood to take control of him to make him work for Viktor and herself.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

johntfs posted:

Who says she'll de-Grimm him? She's more likely to use his blood to take control of him to make him work for Viktor and herself.

Viktor said "do the same to him," so without elaboration, I'm assuming that he meant "do the same to him."

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Alkanos posted:

I'm expecting this too, her character just seems perfect for this kind of setup. And it sucks, I hate when stories do that. :smith:

I figure Theresa will end up crushing on Nick, who will try to keep it quiet from Juliette and dither about it dealing with it because he's a little bit thoughtless and dumb about things like that. Figure things will build to Fatal Attraction levels until Nick finally understands that Juliette is in danger from Theresa. Then he'll come in to find that Juliette has already beaten Theresa to death with a skillet, because Theresa made the fatal mistake of attacking Juliette in the kitchen.

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008
She'll be attracted to Nick, with the usual fallout with Juliette where Teresa goes on the run as a villain, then they'll find out she's a secret cousin or half-sister or something. She and Nick look way too much alike.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Oasx posted:

Silas Weir Mitchell did an AMA on r/grimm, nothing major told but i figure someone else might like to read it : http://www.reddit.com/r/grimm/comments/242ihz/silas_weir_mitchell_here_ama/

Edit: Lol.

That guy is probably a regular reddit user and just had his heart broken by his "temple goat".

Edit: I was about to stop scrolling through this because people keep asking the same questions multiple times. Then I ran into this.

Awesome.

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 28, 2014

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I think Trubel came off as very contrived.
I mean the two dudes try to attack her for no reason and then the next day someone tries to kill her because she shoplifted boots.

I get that she's essentially what Nick may have become without Aunt Marie's guidance, but I really don't see why we need another Grimm "coming of age" angle except this time with an angsty dragon tattoo type girl, when we already got to see that with Nick.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

pasaluki posted:

I mean the two dudes try to attack her for no reason and then the next day someone tries to kill her because she shoplifted boots.

I get that she's essentially what Nick may have become without Aunt Marie's guidance, but I really don't see why we need another Grimm "coming of age" angle except this time with an angsty dragon tattoo type girl, when we already got to see that with Nick.

I wonder if Trubel is there to kill Adelind and then in turn get killed by Renard. I really think they are going to have to do something about Adelind because otherwise it will become a whole 'Michael/Walt from Lost' thing where Adelind just goes around screaming 'Where's my baby!?!?!?!'

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

pasaluki posted:

I think the two dudes had a reason to attack her :pedo:

Anyways, I got the impression she was trolling for wessen but I'm not really sure why.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

ImpulseDrive posted:

She'll be attracted to Nick, with the usual fallout with Juliette where Teresa goes on the run as a villain, then they'll find out she's a secret cousin or half-sister or something. She and Nick look way too much alike.

Doesn't Nick have an uncle who isn't a Grimm? I vaguely remember Aunt Marie mentioning that she had a brother who wasn't a Grimm. This could easily be a cousin. She looks too much like him for it to be a coincidence I think.

I hope the show defies expectation again with Teresa. She seems so obviously doomed to go bad and then get killed off that I'd really like to see them go a different direction with it.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Well, assuming all Grimms have the same ancestors, then I guess they'd probably be related. It'd make sense, since it seems to be an inherited trait.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

ashez2ashes posted:

I hope the show defies expectation again with Teresa. She seems so obviously doomed to go bad and then get killed off that I'd really like to see them go a different direction with it.

The writers have been known to sometimes be refreshing in avoiding some cliched drama, so we'll have to see.

Tonight:

3x20 – "My Fair Wesen"
Nick enlists Monroe and Rosalee to help introduce Trubel to the Wesen world, but the young Grimm can't stay away from the action for long.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I really hope that someone will eventually put together a montage of "Trubel scenes" set to Joan Jett's "Bad Reputation."

I'm wondering if there's something semi-mystical or pheromonal about Grimms that draws Wesen, especially aggressive, hostile Wesen, to them. As far as "coming of age" goes, it seems likely to me that Trubel has been a Grimm for longer than Nick has. The drawings and declarations (I will not be broken!) seem like the kind of things that a 14-15 year old might do, especially when she's being attacked by "monsters" all the time.

johntfs fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 2, 2014

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The writers have been known to sometimes be refreshing in avoiding some cliched drama, so we'll have to see.

Tonight:

3x20 – "My Fair Wesen"
Nick enlists Monroe and Rosalee to help introduce Trubel to the Wesen world, but the young Grimm can't stay away from the action for long.

Yeah that description just makes me sure that the writers are taking this in the cliched direction and I hope this character doesn't last until next season.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

johntfs posted:

I really hope that someone will eventually put together a montage of "Trubel scenes" set to Joan Jett's "Bad Reputation."

I'm wondering if there's something semi-mystical or pheromonal about Grimms that draws Wesen, especially aggressive, hostile Wesen, to them. As far as "coming of age" goes, it seems likely to me that Trubel has been a Grimm for longer than Nick has. The drawings and declarations (I will not be broken!) seem like the kind of things that a 14-15 year old might do, especially when she's being attacked by "monsters" all the time.

Grimm pheromones FEAROMONES?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

johntfs posted:

As far as "coming of age" goes, it seems likely to me that Trubel has been a Grimm for longer than Nick has. The drawings and declarations (I will not be broken!) seem like the kind of things that a 14-15 year old might do, especially when she's being attacked by "monsters" all the time.

This is a good point. That notebook did imply a long history, but it honestly could've been over the course of a really stressful year or two.

Nick has, over the show-timespan, been an active Grimm for 4 years or so? Though, realistically he's been trained in criminal justice as a police detective for far longer, and probably has many years of field experience dealing with people as a cop. He's probably better-prepared to deal authoritatively with wesen than most Grimms, just from that.

The cop thing is the most interesting aspect of it, though. We've seen this a little with his mother, but most Grimms sound like the medieval variety that kill poo poo. Nick's main strength is that he doesn't do that...he's Will Smith from those Agent tryout scenes in Men in Black. I'm sure an eventual season arc will involve an old-fashioned Grimm who challenges Nick's focus on peacekeeping; maybe Trubel will play into that.

(Does it make me sexist that I assumed Trubel was a queer character? You posited she might become infatuated with Nick. Maybe she'll become infatuated with Juliette, instead...)

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

That dog was having a great time diggin'. :3:

I keep thinking that the Royals are going to mistake Trubel for Nick's mom. They're just looking for a hard-rear end, female grimm. They don't know what age the grimm who threatened the CIA, or was it FBI, agent was.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

quote:

(Does it make me sexist that I assumed Trubel was a queer character? You posited she might become infatuated with Nick. Maybe she'll become infatuated with Juliette, instead...)

Not really. That was part of my idea about the Joan Jett montage. She kind of reminds me of a much younger Joan Jett, who is also queer (or maybe bi). I like that Juliette's concern about Trubel seems to be less "The young hot Grimm might steal my man" and more "Nick, this person is basically a wild animal. Trying to tame a wild animal often results in the tamer getting his face ripped off by the wild animal."

quote:

I keep thinking that the Royals are going to mistake Trubel for Nick's mom. They're just looking for a hard-rear end, female grimm. They don't know what age the grimm who threatened the CIA, or was it FBI, agent was

Well, let's be fair to the FBI agent/Verrat dude for being an FBI agent/Verrat dude. He probably gave them a very good physical description of Kelly, including the fact that she seemed to be in her mid-50s and pretty much looked nothing like Trubel except for being a female with dark hair.

johntfs fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 3, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Lol. She's acting as bait. Nice.

johntfs posted:

Well, let's be fair to the FBI agent/Verrat dude for being an FBI agent/Verrat dude. He probably gave them a very good physical description of Kelly, including the fact that she seemed to be in her mid-50s and pretty much looked nothing like Trubel except for being a female with dark hair.

He couldn't see her because she was standing behind him when they interrogated him. He said so while the royals were asking him who was there.

Adelind's dumb. Blood should have been the first thing she tried, being all evil and stuff.

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Uh, who was that guy at the end? I don't remember seeing him before. Is he supposed to be the Siegvasrst who killed Trubel's foster family? I get that he had a key, it's just strange seeing someone for the first time with no context.

• Locked thread